» OLD MESSAGE ARCHIVES «
The Pop Culture Information Society...
Messageboard Archive Index, In The 00s - The Pop Culture Information Society

Welcome to the archived messages from In The 00s. This archive stretches back to 1998 in some instances, and contains a nearly complete record of all the messages posted to inthe00s.com. You will also find an archive of the messages from inthe70s.com, inthe80s.com, inthe90s.com and amiright.com before they were combined to form the inthe00s.com messageboard.

If you are looking for the active messages, please click here. Otherwise, use the links below or on the right hand side of the page to navigate the archives.

Custom Search

Subject: Yet another Pallin moment...

Written By: JamieMcBain on 11/21/08 at 2:47 pm

Note:

If you are a vegatarian, don't watch the clip!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=92I6-M2vAbQ

Subject: Re: Yet another Pallin moment...

Written By: MaxwellSmart on 11/21/08 at 3:44 pm

I'm no veggie no how, and I saw the whole thing.  I'm still looking forward to a nice turkey dinner next Thursday.  In order for the bird to get from the farmyard to your oven, some grisly stuff has to happen.  That's reality.  Deal with it.

However, it's stunning how obtuse Palin and her people are.  The annual turkey pardoning is supposed to be light-hearted event (I know, I know what you PETA-types always say, save it for the sixteen-year-olds with lip rings) so the first thing I'd suggest as the director is, "Hey let's NOT tape Sarah in front of the bloody butchering bench where they're gutting the birds!"

I'll give Palin credit as a woman who plies a hobby of killing and gutting animals!  She was able to stand in front of the gore and smile!  Most folks, even us carnivores, would look a wee bit uncomfortable over there!
;D

Written By: Tia on 11/21/08 at 3:58 pm

palin is quite the wacky tabloid figure. i for one am strangely grateful mccain put her in the spotlight, it's fun following her exploits and hijinx.

Written By: Reynolds1863 on 11/21/08 at 4:45 pm

Has anyone ever been to a commercial turkey farm?  It's pretty nasty.  So yes I can understand why Sarah won't touch it.  Pardoning a turkey is a long time tradition done by Presidents, governors and even a few mayors.  They should have taken the turkey a bit more outside to pardon it.  Since what's going on in back will make PETA hurl.

Written By: Davester on 11/22/08 at 2:30 am

The emphasis on the turkey slaughter has, IMO, been overly exaggerated.  Burgers aren't picked shrink wrapped off trees...

Her mindless talking point ramble on the other hand, eurgh...

Written By: Tia on 11/22/08 at 5:56 am

The emphasis on the turkey slaughter has, IMO, been overly exaggerated.  Burgers aren't picked shrink wrapped off trees...

Her mindless talking point ramble on the other hand, eurgh...
tis true she's doing her usual thing of just taking a bunch of politically related sentence fragments and stringing them together in nonsensical fashion, but the panicky mutilated turkeys in the background are very distracting.  ;D

just think, this could have been our president in a year or two after the elderly mccain succumbed to the pressures of executive office! we really missed out on some fun times. :(

Written By: JamieMcBain on 11/22/08 at 11:14 am

http://www.imagetxt.com/userpics/funnyimage-55042944.png

Written By: Davester on 11/22/08 at 3:52 pm

tis true she's doing her usual thing of just taking a bunch of politically related sentence fragments and stringing them together in nonsensical fashion, but the panicky mutilated turkeys in the background are very distracting.  ;D

just think, this could have been our president in a year or two after the elderly mccain succumbed to the pressures of executive office! we really missed out on some fun times. :(

One jelly donut away from a Palin presidency... :o

I'm all for being willing to kill your food.  I like this site: http://www.offalgood.com/site/.  There's actually a British cooking show on TV where they butcher the animals in front of a studio audience, and then cook it.  They built this glass enclosed abatoir...

Written By: MaxwellSmart on 11/22/08 at 9:27 pm

I've never participated, but I've seen animals slaughtered.  I spent my childhood in an agrarian setting.  It's not a pretty sight, but it is what it is...

Written By: Marian on 11/23/08 at 4:00 pm

Note:

If you are a vegatarian, don't watch the clip!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=92I6-M2vAbQ
LOL

Check for new replies or respond here...