» OLD MESSAGE ARCHIVES «
The Pop Culture Information Society...
Messageboard Archive Index, In The 00s - The Pop Culture Information Society

Welcome to the archived messages from In The 00s. This archive stretches back to 1998 in some instances, and contains a nearly complete record of all the messages posted to inthe00s.com. You will also find an archive of the messages from inthe70s.com, inthe80s.com, inthe90s.com and amiright.com before they were combined to form the inthe00s.com messageboard.

If you are looking for the active messages, please click here. Otherwise, use the links below or on the right hand side of the page to navigate the archives.

Custom Search

Subject: Caroline Kennedy and the Senate

Written By: danootaandme on 12/10/08 at 7:41 am

First I will say that I love Caroline Kennedy.  She seems to be the best thing to come out of the Kennedy Clan, and for a person who was born to such privilege she has conducted herself in a way that should make us all proud.  That being said, I do not believe she should walk into that Senate seat.  I am sure that there are people who are just as intelligent who have dedicated their lives to public service who should be rewarded with this position.  If she does take the seat it will only diminish her standing in my eyes.

Subject: Re: Caroline Kennedy and the Senate

Written By: Don Carlos on 12/10/08 at 10:29 am

Don't know much about her, but I do object on the grounds that we really don't need more dynasty politics.

Written By: Dagwood on 12/10/08 at 10:31 am

Don't know much about her, but I do object on the grounds that we really don't need more dynasty politics.

Amen to that. 

Written By: Reynolds1863 on 12/10/08 at 11:58 am

Well, she may have the curse of the Kennedy name however I'd be willing to trade the druggie Congressman Patrick Kennedy for  Carolyn anyday.

Written By: MaxwellSmart on 12/10/08 at 1:46 pm

Well, she may have the curse of the Kennedy name however I'd be willing to trade the druggie Congressman Patrick Kennedy for  Carolyn anyday.
'

Patches?  All he did was swallow a fistful of Ambien and try and drive from Providence to DC!
http://www.inthe00s.com/smile/15/sleepy1.gif

Written By: Reynolds1863 on 12/10/08 at 4:37 pm

'

Patches?  All he did was swallow a fistful of Ambien and try and drive from Providence to DC!
http://www.inthe00s.com/smile/15/sleepy1.gif

A kennedy on downers is a dangerous entity.  Atleast we can count on Carolyn to be awake during session.  Is Patches off of probation yet?

Written By: MaxwellSmart on 12/12/08 at 11:43 pm

I don't mean to be crass, but if you're in the Kennedy family, don't dick around with intoxication and/or motor vehicles! 

Look what happened to John John, and he was sober.  He was just flying his plane at a bad time of night!  JFK, Jr., don't you remember what happened to your Uncle Joe? 

I'd say Patches got a freebie and he better not try to get another!
:o

Written By: Reynolds1863 on 12/13/08 at 4:13 pm

I don't mean to be crass, but if you're in the Kennedy family, don't dick around with intoxication and/or motor vehicles! 

Look what happened to John John, and he was sober.  He was just flying his plane at a bad time of night!  JFK, Jr., don't you remember what happened to your Uncle Joe? 

I'd say Patches got a freebie and he better not try to get another!
:o

The Kennedy curse comes in many forms.  Yeah, poor John John was on the verge of becoming one hell of an attorney.

I saw Patches in D.C. at a parity rally back in 2002.  He looked like he was in lala land.

Written By: MaxwellSmart on 12/13/08 at 8:59 pm

The Kennedy curse comes in many forms.  Yeah, poor John John was on the verge of becoming one hell of an attorney.

I saw Patches in D.C. at a parity rally back in 2002.  He looked like he was in lala land.

John John was the one I felt sad about because he seemed like he might make a real contribution to the public good.  Michael Kennedy, who got killed a few months before John John when he skied into tree, I didn't think was quite the loss.  He made the news for diddling his 14-year-old babysitter!
::)

Written By: LyricBoy on 12/13/08 at 9:03 pm

Caroline will need to pass the Kennedy Driving test.

Get her loaded to 3x the legal limit.

If she manages to not ditch the car in 8 feet of water...

She flunks.  ;D

Written By: MaxwellSmart on 12/13/08 at 9:14 pm

Caroline will need to pass the Kennedy Driving test.

Get her loaded to 3x the legal limit.

If she manages to not ditch the car in 8 feet of water...

She flunks.   ;D

Or the Laura Bush Driving test.  You run the stop sign and if the other kid dies, YOU PASS!

Written By: Reynolds1863 on 12/14/08 at 7:18 am

Or the Laura Bush Driving test.  You run the stop sign and if the other kid dies, YOU PASS!

That whole situation proves she has very little conscience.  If I killed someone in a car accident I would be devistated for life. 

Written By: LyricBoy on 12/14/08 at 7:36 am

That whole situation proves she has very little conscience.  If I killed someone in a car accident I would be devistated for life. 

Who said she wasn't?  At least she had the conscience to report the accident, and not wait for daybreak to report it.

Written By: danootaandme on 12/14/08 at 7:41 am

Who said she wasn't?  At least she had the conscience to report the accident, and not wait for daybreak to report it.

Well it was her boyfriend, who dumped her the night before, and their was a witness.

Written By: Reynolds1863 on 12/14/08 at 11:14 am

Well it was her boyfriend, who dumped her the night before, and their was a witness.

Keywords . . . a witness.

Written By: MaxwellSmart on 12/15/08 at 1:27 am

What EMK did was unequivocally wrong.  He knows it.  He is going to die pretty soon, and he will not have lived down his irresponsible behavior 40 years ago.  Teddy didn't do time or get a fine, but the world has punished him for his criminal negligence.  You can see how just by the fact we're talking about it here.

I remember when EMK was running against Carter in '80.  My aunt was supporting him, but my dad used to taunt her about "Spirit of Chappaquiddick," and Teddy lost to Carter bigtime...and were it not for Chappaquiddick, maybe EMK could have clinched the nomination and beaten Ronald Reagan....say, maybe we've ALL been punished by Teddy's stupid **** up back in 1969!
:\'(

Check for new replies or respond here...