» OLD MESSAGE ARCHIVES «
The Pop Culture Information Society...
Messageboard Archive Index, In The 00s - The Pop Culture Information Society

Welcome to the archived messages from In The 00s. This archive stretches back to 1998 in some instances, and contains a nearly complete record of all the messages posted to inthe00s.com. You will also find an archive of the messages from inthe70s.com, inthe80s.com, inthe90s.com and amiright.com before they were combined to form the inthe00s.com messageboard.

If you are looking for the active messages, please click here. Otherwise, use the links below or on the right hand side of the page to navigate the archives.

Custom Search

Subject: Merry Christmas or Happy Holidays?

Written By: MrCleveland on 12/14/08 at 4:41 pm

Christmastime is here again and since many people are PC-Conscious, saying "Merry Christmas" doesn't fly anymore. Now it's "Happy Holidays".

I am a Midwestern type of person who lives by The Great Lakes Rust-Belt region and I would rather say "Merry Christmas" instead of "Happy Holidays".

If I was on the East Side of my city, I might say "Happy Hanukkah" or "Happy Kwanzaa" or maybe "Merry Christmas". I wish we could get along since Obama will be our new president! 

Subject: Re: Merry Christmas or Happy Holidays?

Written By: Ashkicksass on 12/14/08 at 4:54 pm

Like you, it depends on who I'm talking to.  If I know they celebrate Christmas, I say "Merry Christmas."  If I know they celebrate another holiday, I indicate that one.  If unsure, I go with "Happy Holidays."  I don't know why it's such a big deal - for me personally, it's just about being considerate of others.

We have an asshat State Legislator who wants to make it mandatory for stores to have to say "Merry Christmas."  Hold on...let me go find the article.

Here it is:

http://www.deseretnews.com/article/1,5143,705267557,00.html

Written By: Dagwood on 12/14/08 at 4:54 pm

Merry Christmas here.

Most people don't make a big thing out of the Merry Christmas/Happy Holidays thing.  It is a vocal minority that scream offense if you say Merry Christmas instead of Happy Holidays.  

edit:

You're right, Ash, it is about being considerate.  :)

Written By: Reynolds1863 on 12/14/08 at 5:06 pm

Like you, it depends on who I'm talking to.  If I know they celebrate Christmas, I say "Merry Christmas."  If I know they celebrate another holiday, I indicate that one.  If unsure, I go with "Happy Holidays."  I don't know why it's such a big deal - for me personally, it's just about being considerate of others.

We have an asshat State Legislator who wants to make it mandatory for stores to have to say "Merry Christmas."  Hold on...let me go find the article.

Here it is:

http://www.deseretnews.com/article/1,5143,705267557,00.html

I agree.  I'm not afraid to say Merry Christmas however I'm not going to say it to someone who is a Budhist or a Muslim.  What I fear is happening is that this "War On Christmas" has this mentality of reform to our Christian heritage or you're not full American. 

Written By: ninny on 12/14/08 at 5:12 pm

When I worked the drive thru at Arby's I would wish people Happy Holidays,because I did not want to insult anyone who may not celebrate Christmas. :)

Written By: Ashkicksass on 12/14/08 at 5:51 pm

When I worked the drive thru at Arby's I would wish people Happy Holidays,because I did not want to insult anyone who may not celebrate Christmas. :)

Well, and I think that's sort of what the stores are doing.  That, and it also wishes them a Happy New Year at the same time.  What in the world is bad about that?

Written By: ladybug316 on 12/14/08 at 5:52 pm

Christmastime is here again and since many people are PC-Conscious, saying "Merry Christmas" doesn't fly anymore. Now it's "Happy Holidays".

I am a Midwestern type of person who lives by The Great Lakes Rust-Belt region and I would rather say "Merry Christmas" instead of "Happy Holidays".

If I was on the East Side of my city, I might say "Happy Hanukkah" or "Happy Kwanzaa" or maybe "Merry Christmas". I wish we could get along since Obama will be our new president! 

Even if you were on the East side of your city and said "Happy Hanukkah" doesn't mean it would apply to everybody.  I am not jewish, although I have my husbands jewish last name.  As Ash said,  I just stick with Happy Holidays, as it is all encompasing.  :)

Written By: snozberries on 12/14/08 at 6:02 pm

Personally I prefer Happy Consumerism  but that's just me  ;)

I received a Christmas card (or is the correct term holiday card?)  in the mail from someone who wished me Happy Kwanzaa and I was happy with that because they'd read a post I'd made about Kwanzaa....

but that doesn't mean I want some stranger wishing me happy kwanzaa... that means that person made an assumption about me just by looking at me and I Would be offended by that.

Like everyone else. If I know the person celebrates christmas the its Merry Christmas if I know they celebrate Hanukkah then I say that (I worked in a toy store where we wrapped gifts so it was sometimes easy to tell based on the paper chosen but IF I didn't know I'd say happy holidays....

the real question is... how offensive is it that I write Merry Xmas almost every time I want to say Christmas?

Written By: CatwomanofV on 12/14/08 at 6:21 pm

Personally I prefer Happy Consumerism  but that's just me  ;)

Good answer, good answer. I love it. Maybe I should use that one on my cards.  :D :D ;D ;D

I said both. I confess that I buy cards that say "Happy Holidays" because I send it to Jews, Christians, & Pagans as well as people who do celebrate Kwanzaa. I just don't feel like buying one box of Christmas cards, one box of Hanukkah cards & one box of Solstice cards-of course I do know more Christians than Pagans so I would have too many Solstice cards left over and not enough Christmas cards. Well, you see what I mean.

But I will wish people a Happy/Merry Whatever. I don't get how anyone can be insulted if someone wishes them a happy day no matter what day it is. I'm sure Jews would love to have a merry Dec. 25th, just as Christians would love to have a happy 8 days during Hanukkah.

Cat

Written By: quirky_cat_girl on 12/14/08 at 11:17 pm

It will always be, "Merry Christmas" to me.

Written By: MaxwellSmart on 12/15/08 at 1:01 am

Happy Isaac Newton's Birthday
::)

And for all you Bill Orally disciples, the Christians only put the Happy Birthday Jesus feast on 12/25 to coincide with the pagan solstice celebrations.  My Puritan ancestors prohibited the observation of Christmas and the Founding Fathers worked on 12/25.  What we know as "Christmas" is a 19th century snowjob from Mr. Dickens. 

I'm a little bitter about xmas this year because the economy is in the crapper and yet the great advertising machine keeps turning up the consumerist guilt-trip steam.  The holiday for me is a bleak Bergman film filled with inanity and frustration!

So, to quote Mr Dickens, Bah! Humbug!
>:(

Written By: Foo Bar on 12/15/08 at 1:04 am

Assuming it hasn't been DMCA'd, have a Happy Whatever You're Having.

Written By: MaxwellSmart on 12/15/08 at 1:17 am

Assuming it hasn't been DMCA'd, have a Happy Whatever You're Having.

Yeah!  That's the ticket!  Do like my parents' hippie friends used to.  "Hey, it's all groovy, just do your number and I can dig it!  Can you dig me doin' my number, man? You can?  Man, that's beautiful!  Far out!"
http://www.inthe00s.com/smile/06/jinnwink.gif

Written By: KKay on 12/15/08 at 10:47 am

I take into consideration who i'm saying it to and try to be culturally accurate, however...if you are a normal person you should note that I am a very white, protestant, norwegian-american and if I say Merry Christmas, that's the way it is.  Thanks for not being offended by my Christianity.

I say Happy Hanukkah and Happy Eid, when applicable, so...there.

Written By: Don Carlos on 12/15/08 at 11:06 am

BAH. HUMBUG

Merry Xmas, Happy Holidays, etc. to all.

Written By: philbo on 12/15/08 at 11:09 am

I'm a little bitter about xmas this year because the economy is in the crapper and yet the great advertising machine keeps turning up the consumerist guilt-trip steam.

I think something similar, too

The huge hypocrisy surrounding the whole thing leaves a bad taste in the mouth, too.

On-topic- I don't think I've ever said "Happy Holidays" to anyone.. "Merry Christmas" (often with a sardonic/sarcastic tinge)

Written By: Reynolds1863 on 12/15/08 at 11:16 am

Happy Isaac Newton's Birthday

And for all you Bill Orally disciples, the Christians only put the Happy Birthday Jesus feast on 12/25 to coincide with the pagan solstice celebrations.  My Puritan ancestors prohibited the observation of Christmas and the Founding Fathers worked on 12/25.  What we know as "Christmas" is a 19th century snowjob from Mr. Dickens. 

I'm a little bitter about xmas this year because the economy is in the crapper and yet the great advertising machine keeps turning up the consumerist guilt-trip steam.  The holiday for me is a bleak Bergman film filled with inanity and frustration!

So, to quote Mr Dickens, Bah! Humbug!
>:(

On Sir Issac Newton's Birthday it's tradition to also add "May an apple fall from the highest tree limb and land on your head".  Did I mention the "War On Christmas."?  Those good old Puritans thought Christmas was an abomination and nothing but a sinful indulgence.  The first portrayal of the modern Santa Clause was done by a political cartoonist back in the late 19 century.  Jolly Old Saint Nick's feast day is not Christmas.  Anyone want to know what time of year has the highest rate of suicide?

Written By: danootaandme on 12/15/08 at 11:26 am

I find it is usually those that celebrate Christmas that have to hot poker up there collective asses.  All the whining about taking away their Christmas, wah wah wah... jesus christ have you turned on the radio or walked through a mall?  How about taking Christmas out of the mall and putting it back in the church,  more good deeds less bad credit.

the real question is... how offensive is it that I write Merry Xmas almost every time I want to say Christmas?

Actually writing Xmas is a more pious way of writing Christmas.  That is how I was taught anyway, the same as bowing your head every time you said "jesus"  it took me a long time to stop that.

Written By: Reynolds1863 on 12/15/08 at 11:37 am

I find it is usually those that celebrate Christmas that have to hot poker up there collective asses.  All the whining about taking away their Christmas, wah wah wah... jesus christ have you turned on the radio or walked through a mall?  How about taking Christmas out of the mall and putting it back in the church,  more good deeds less bad credit.

Actually writing Xmas is a more pious way of writing Christmas.  That is how I was taught anyway, the same as bowing your head every time you said "jesus"  it took me a long time to stop that.

Screw you . . . I still want the Gettysburg Battlefield toy soldier set!!!

I have to wonder what Jesus would think of this whole Christmas thing.  He was against materialism.

Written By: danootaandme on 12/15/08 at 11:42 am

Screw you . . . I still want the Gettysburg Battlefield toy soldier set!!!

I have to wonder what Jesus would think of this whole Christmas thing.  He was against materialism.

Well, much to the dismay of many a Christian, the first thing Big J would probably ask for would be a Rabbi. Then he would start smiting and smoting left and right. 

Me, I admit it, I am only in it for the loot  ;D

Written By: Reynolds1863 on 12/15/08 at 11:45 am

Well, much to the dismay of many a Christian, the first thing Big J would probably ask for would be a Rabbi. Then he would start smiting and smoting left and right. 

Me, I admit it, I am only in it for the loot   ;D

Yes, and I can imagine him saying.  "But I wasn't even born on December 25." ;)

Written By: philbo on 12/15/08 at 12:24 pm

Actually writing Xmas is a more pious way of writing Christmas. 

I always think of Xmas as being something between a superhero comic and Monty Python... this mas is no more.. it has ceased to be.. it is an X-mas

Written By: MrCleveland on 12/15/08 at 4:58 pm

I always think of Xmas as being something between a superhero comic and Monty Python... this mas is no more.. it has ceased to be.. it is an X-mas

I made-up a holiday called Sexmas. It's celebrated on 12/26 and that's when you have sex, since it's Sexmas.

Could we just celebrate Festivus, like the Costanzas?

Written By: philbo on 12/15/08 at 5:23 pm

I made-up a holiday called Sexmas. It's celebrated on 12/26 and that's when you have sex, since it's Sexmas.

Ah.. that's one that *isn't* for the children, then?

Carols written by John Valby?

Written By: CatwomanofV on 12/15/08 at 5:25 pm

Carlos & I celebrate that one A LOT!!!! And not just on 12/26.  ;) :D :D ;D ;D

Cat

Written By: snozberries on 12/15/08 at 5:27 pm

Carlos & I celebrate that one A LOT!!!! And not just on 12/26.  ;) :D :D ;D ;D

Cat

:-X

Written By: Macphisto on 12/15/08 at 6:25 pm

Neither...  Jolly Kwanzaa

Written By: MaxwellSmart on 12/15/08 at 8:58 pm

On Sir Issac Newton's Birthday it's tradition to also add "May an apple fall from the highest tree limb and land on your head".  Did I mention the "War On Christmas."?  Those good old Puritans thought Christmas was an abomination and nothing but a sinful indulgence.  The first portrayal of the modern Santa Clause was done by a political cartoonist back in the late 19 century.  Jolly Old Saint Nick's feast day is not Christmas.  Anyone want to know what time of year has the highest rate of suicide?

When I was three I was a Santa literalist!  The Puritans were nuts, like the Taliban.  They wouldn't even say the days of the week because of pagan nomenclature!  It was First Day, Second Day, Third Day, etc.  Well, that's my stock.  A lot of them shed the religious stuff in the 20th century (like my grandparents), but they were still frikkin' neurotic...about everything!

Written By: snozberries on 12/15/08 at 9:48 pm

Satan's Claws are coming to town?

Written By: MaxwellSmart on 12/16/08 at 2:20 am

Utah state senator Chris Buttars proposed legislation requiring shop clerks to say "Merry Christmas, " not "Happy Holidays," and certainly not "Happy Hanukkah"!

Whatever happened to the Republican ethos, "They're a private business, they can do whatever they want!"

Tell me there aren't people in government who want a theocracy!

Written By: Dagwood on 12/16/08 at 8:37 am

Utah state senator Chris Buttars proposed legislation requiring shop clerks to say "Merry Christmas, " not "Happy Holidays," and certainly not "Happy Hanukkah"!

It isn't a Republican thing, it is an "He's a frickin idiot" thing.  He is like a million years old and constantly saying stupid stuff.  People keep calling for his outster but his district keeps voting him back in.  Trust me, he doesn't stand for Republican values.....he stands for his own holier than thou values.  I am very glad I am not in his district..

Written By: Reynolds1863 on 12/16/08 at 10:02 am

Satan's Claws are coming to town?

No, no,no, it's Sandy Claws.  Haven't you ever seen The Nightmare Before Christmas?

Written By: danootaandme on 12/16/08 at 12:34 pm

I kinda like Satans Claws, myself    ;D

Written By: CatwomanofV on 12/16/08 at 1:10 pm

No, no,no, it's Sandy Claws.  Haven't you ever seen The Nightmare Before Christmas?

Sandy Claws hang out at the beach.  ;D ;D

Cat

Written By: snozberries on 12/16/08 at 3:34 pm

ooh no its too scarewreee  ;) 

Written By: CatwomanofV on 12/16/08 at 3:38 pm

Bah Humbug!

Cat

Written By: Reynolds1863 on 12/16/08 at 4:23 pm

ooh no its too scarewreee  ;)   

Does Oggie Boogie give you nightmares too. :P

Written By: snozberries on 12/16/08 at 4:32 pm

Does Oggie Boogie give you nightmares too. :P

no but Boogie Woogie does  ;D

Written By: MaxwellSmart on 12/17/08 at 1:48 am

Look, I gotta 40-ounce and a giant bag o' Doritos, I'm going home to get drunk, bloated, and barf all over the Oriental rugs at 3:00 a.m.  Whish me Merry Christmas, Happy Hannukkah, blessed Kwanzaa harvest, glorious Three King's Day, or don't say jack sh*t.  I don't care!
:D

Written By: Dagwood on 12/17/08 at 8:22 am

Look, I gotta 40-ounce and a giant bag o' Doritos, I'm going home to get drunk, bloated, and barf all over the Oriental rugs at 3:00 a.m.  Whish me Merry Christmas, Happy Hannukkah, blessed Kwanzaa harvest, glorious Three King's Day, or don't say jack sh*t.  I don't care!

Sounds like one heck of a celebration. ;D

Written By: JamieMcBain on 12/17/08 at 8:52 am

With me, it's both....

Written By: Reynolds1863 on 12/17/08 at 4:48 pm

Only one 40?  That's a weekend thing.  You get some cheap eggnog spike it with Jack Daniels.  The ratio should be 3 to 1.  3 parts Jack one part nog.  We'll see you on the 27th, cause on the 26th you'll be cleaning up the rugs. :P

Written By: snozberries on 12/17/08 at 4:58 pm

Only one 40?  That's a weekend thing.  You get some cheap eggnog spike it with Jack Daniels.  The ratio should be 3 to 1.  3 parts Jack one part nog.  We'll see you on the 27th, cause on the 26th you'll be cleaning up the rugs. :P

;D

Written By: MaxwellSmart on 12/17/08 at 6:14 pm

I think I'm gettin' a dog for xmas, so he'll clean up the rugs!
8)

Written By: Reynolds1863 on 12/17/08 at 7:00 pm

I think I'm gettin' a dog for xmas, so he'll clean up the rugs!
8)

That's disgusting. 8-P

Written By: MaxwellSmart on 12/18/08 at 2:40 am

That's disgusting. 8-P

Well he doesn't have to if he don't want...In that case, I'll drink another 40, take him out back and blow his skull apart with the Glock I'm buying with my unemployment check, then I'll jest get my mom to come over an' clean the rugs and bury the mutt!  She won't mind and if she do, I'll see how she likes goin' without her heart pills for a week.  I figger I won't get rugs, dogs, or malt liquor in the house of corrections, so I might'n as well get my jollies now!
http://www.inthe00s.com/smile/03/couto.gif

Written By: danootaandme on 12/18/08 at 5:59 am

Fa-la-la-lala     la-la-la-laaaaaaa    :D

Written By: Reynolds1863 on 12/18/08 at 9:23 am

Well he doesn't have to if he don't want...In that case, I'll drink another 40, take him out back and blow his skull apart with the Glock I'm buying with my unemployment check, then I'll jest get my mom to come over an' clean the rugs and bury the mutt!  She won't mind and if she do, I'll see how she likes goin' without her heart pills for a week.  I figger I won't get rugs, dogs, or malt liquor in the house of corrections, so I might'n as well get my jollies now!
http://www.inthe00s.com/smile/03/couto.gif

You'd be too wasted to walk let alone aim a gun.  As for the unemployment check you wouldn't have enough to get the gun because you spent it on the cheapest beer you could find.  Giving your Mom heart failure by making her clean up your puke and burying your mutt is not what she wanted for Christmas.

P.S. I'm sending you a nail file in a cake.  You can whittle away at the bars while trying to avoid Bubba.

Written By: Red Ant on 12/18/08 at 9:54 pm

How about taking Christmas out of the mall and putting it back in the church,  more good deeds less bad credit.

If you ran for public office solely on that platform, I'd vote for ya!

Ant

Written By: MaxwellSmart on 12/18/08 at 10:02 pm

If you ran for public office solely on that platform, I'd vote for ya!

Ant

But the mall is church!
:P

Written By: philbo on 12/23/08 at 5:13 am

Something I've just written that seems appropriate for this thread:

Look all around: celebrations galore
Now Christmas ain't only for Christians no more
There's Muslims I've found who no longer eschew
The festival of the world's most famous Jew
And Jewish folks, too, a substantial percentile
Give presents, etc. just like any gentile
So join in the party, be you Sikh or Pagan
Or Buddhist or one of those chaps who likes Satan
Or if you think God is just man's fantasy
Merry Christmas - whatever you take it to be

Written By: Gis on 12/23/08 at 7:03 am

We have a new librarian and she is American, she has banned the use of the word Christmas in our staff news letter etc. We now have to have 'seasonal celebrations' instead of a christmas party and 'festive trees' outside instead of christmas trees. Quite frankly I think it is all b******s.

Written By: philbo on 12/23/08 at 7:21 am

We have a new librarian and she is American, she has banned the use of the word Christmas in our staff news letter etc. We now have to have 'seasonal celebrations' instead of a christmas party and 'festive trees' outside instead of christmas trees. Quite frankly I think it is all b******s.

Why?  In the US, she might have a point, given the constitutional separation of state and religion.. but here, we have an established church.  I'm not saying I particularly *like* having church & state tied together quite so much, but to be honest, you'd expect it to mean that we don't get that sort of pettifogging pointless pettiness.

..unless, of course, it's because she's the sort of Christian who realizes that christmas trees are Pagan symbols, and that most people are partying because it's not the "Christian" spirit they're full of ;)

Written By: Jessica on 12/23/08 at 1:00 pm

Why?  In the US, she might have a point, given the constitutional separation of state and religion.. but here, we have an established church.  I'm not saying I particularly *like* having church & state tied together quite so much, but to be honest, you'd expect it to mean that we don't get that sort of pettifogging pointless pettiness.

..unless, of course, it's because she's the sort of Christian who realizes that christmas trees are Pagan symbols, and that most people are partying because it's not the "Christian" spirit they're full of ;)

On paper, yeah, it's separated.  The reality is another matter entirely. :P

Written By: MaxwellSmart on 12/23/08 at 2:21 pm

I agree.  I'm not even a practicing Christian, but I don't like all this "banning" of this and that.  Christmas observations exclude anybody from anything.  It would be gripe-worthy if you threw a Christmas party and wrote on the sign, "Jews, Muslims, Buddhists, Hindus, polytheists, and nonbelievers not welcome!"  We did all the Christmas stuff in school when I was a little kid, and nobody felt hurt or left out.  Nobody's parents bitched about it.  Of course, we only had one Jewish boy in our class and we all envied him because he got a bunch of days off that we didn't get!

I notice the people bellyaching about Christmas displays don't say it infringes on their own faith; they go off about how it might make others feel excluded.  As Philbo points out, most of the xmas stuff tends to be of Pagan or non-Christian origin.  Every year there's a to-do about a nativity scene on some town common.  Again, the agreived party isn't Jewish or Muslim, but generally some atheist gadfly.  And if you're truly atheist, what do you care about some mythical figures on the square?  Oh, it's your tax dollars?  Are you that petty?  Really?

Written By: CatwomanofV on 12/23/08 at 2:25 pm

I AM offended that Christianity has taken all our Pagan symbols as their own with no acknowledgment to us Pagans.  ;) :D ;D ;D ;D

Cat

Written By: haleym8826 on 12/23/08 at 2:35 pm

i dont think it should matter which is used. If it does due to religeon then there should be alot more choices in the poll, I am sure. That is why I say Merry Christmahanaquanzollidays  ;D ;D :D :D

Written By: MrCleveland on 12/23/08 at 4:19 pm

I AM offended that Christianity has taken all our Pagan symbols as their own with no acknowledgment to us Pagans.   ;) :D ;D ;D ;D

Cat

Be offended by how the Catholics fudgeed things up, they were trying to dominate and not every pope was a true Christian.

BTW-do some of your Christian friends object to some of your opinions?

Written By: Reynolds1863 on 12/23/08 at 6:24 pm

Be offended by how the Catholics fudged things up, they were trying to dominate and not every pope was a true Christian.

BTW-do some of your Christian friends object to some of your opinions?

As not every Protestant minister, or Evangelical a true Christian.  Catholics didn't fudge everything up.  Martin Luther was the one who got the whole Christmas Tree thing rolling.  (It says nothing in the bible about putting a pine tree in your living room and decorating it with stale popcorn only to leave it there for a month.) 

Written By: danootaandme on 12/23/08 at 6:56 pm

As not every Protestant minister, or Evangelical a true Christian.  Catholics didn't fudge everything up.  Martin Luther was the one who got the whole Christmas Tree thing rolling.  (It says nothing in the bible about putting a pine tree in your living room and decorating it with stale popcorn only to leave it there for a month.) 

....and getting in the face of anyone who doesn't

Written By: MaxwellSmart on 12/23/08 at 7:22 pm

http://i.pbase.com/g3/43/42043/2/53325797.FestivusPole.jpg

FESTIVUS: A festival for the rest of us.

Written By: danootaandme on 12/24/08 at 6:33 am

http://i.pbase.com/g3/43/42043/2/53325797.FestivusPole.jpg

FESTIVUS: A festival for the rest of us.

Maybe we should put a picture of Larry David on the top of the Festivus pole and air our grievances under that!

Written By: joeman on 12/24/08 at 7:10 am

For me, I guess it depends on who you talked to.  I am still trying to wrap my head around how a fictional character based on the Norse God Odin can have anything to do with Jesus's birthday.

Written By: danootaandme on 12/24/08 at 7:15 am

For me, I guess it depends on who you talked to.  I am still trying to wrap my head around how a fictional character based on the Norse God Odin can have anything to do with Jesus's birthday.

Marketing

Written By: joeman on 12/24/08 at 1:59 pm

Marketing

Pretty much what I expect from Corporate America.  :P

Written By: philbo on 12/24/08 at 3:18 pm

Have a look here for a nicely-stated atheist Christmas rationale.

Written By: LyricBoy on 12/24/08 at 5:19 pm

I wished all my Jewish friends a Happy Channukah.

The rest of my freinds got a Merry Christmas.

People who are not my friends got a giant slice of F-you.  ;D

Written By: danootaandme on 12/24/08 at 6:46 pm

Have a look here for a nicely-stated atheist Christmas rationale.

My Hero

Written By: Reynolds1863 on 12/24/08 at 11:49 pm

I wished all my Jewish friends a Happy Channukah.

The rest of my freinds got a Merry Christmas.

People who are not my friends got a giant slice of F-you.   ;D

Short, sweet and to the point.  :)

Written By: Foo Bar on 12/25/08 at 12:49 am

I can't take credit for this work of genius, but it's a beautiful rebuttal to anyone who takes either side of the "Merry Christmas" / "Happy Non-Denominational Festive Season" flamewars that crop up every year or so. 

http://i42.tinypic.com/o0bc7t.jpg

Just say "warmest wishes" and smile.

Written By: haleym8826 on 12/25/08 at 8:41 pm

If the politically correct phrase is Happy Holidays Then Why hasn't anyone edited the song so that it sings...

We wish you a Happy Holiday
We wish you a Happy Holiday and a Happy New Year

or...

Ring-a-Ling,
Ring-a-Ling,
It's Holliday time in the city.

or even...

I'm dreaming of a white Holliday,
Just like the ones I used to know.

??? ??? ??? ???

Written By: danootaandme on 12/25/08 at 9:23 pm

Written By: MrCleveland on 12/25/08 at 10:34 pm

If the politically correct phrase is Happy Holidays Then Why hasn't anyone edited the song so that it sings...

or...

Ring-a-Ling,
Ring-a-Ling,

or even...

??? ??? ??? ???

That just sounds wrong! 8-P

I feel that the PC Police are the Scrooges. I have been a Scrooge this Christmas Season, but I'm more like Charlie Brown....
http://euroross.blogspot.com/charlie brown tree.JPG
I'm a bit disappointed that I didn't see my extended family and only went to church this year. So I rebelled and didn't dress-up.

Written By: joeman on 12/26/08 at 12:21 am

or...

Ring-a-Ling,
Ring-a-Ling,

or even...

??? ??? ??? ???

Reminds me of that South Park Christmas episode where the town had to get rid of Santa, Jesus, etc...because certain communities were offended by it.  At the end the school did a wierd play where everyone wore black.

Written By: haleym8826 on 12/26/08 at 12:32 am

Reminds me of that South Park Christmas episode where the town had to get rid of Santa, Jesus, etc...because certain communities were offended by it.  At the end the school did a wierd play where everyone wore black.

;D

Written By: MaxwellSmart on 12/26/08 at 9:57 pm

People who are not my friends got a giant slice of F-you.   ;D

Does the F-you store do gift cards?  F**k Pottery Barn, that's what everybody's getting next year!
:P

Check for new replies or respond here...