» OLD MESSAGE ARCHIVES «
The Pop Culture Information Society...
Messageboard Archive Index, In The 00s - The Pop Culture Information Society

Welcome to the archived messages from In The 00s. This archive stretches back to 1998 in some instances, and contains a nearly complete record of all the messages posted to inthe00s.com. You will also find an archive of the messages from inthe70s.com, inthe80s.com, inthe90s.com and amiright.com before they were combined to form the inthe00s.com messageboard.

If you are looking for the active messages, please click here. Otherwise, use the links below or on the right hand side of the page to navigate the archives.

Custom Search

Subject: Dick Cheney wants to hug you.

Written By: AL-B Mk. III on 01/08/09 at 11:36 am

(From politico.com 1/7/09)

Cheney: I'm actually 'lovable'

Vice President Dick Cheney said Wednesday that his image has gotten a bad rap in the press and that he is in fact “a warm, lovable sort.”

Cheney conceded in an interview with CBS radio that he sometimes expresses himself “rather forcefully toward some of my compatriots, like Pat Leahy from Vermont” but dismissed as a caricature the idea that he is a “Darth Vader-type personality.”

“I think all of that’s been pretty dramatically overdone,” the vice president said. “I’m actually a warm, lovable sort.”

Cheney also insisted that his influence within the Bush administration was overstated throughout the past eight years. “The notion that somehow I was pulling strings or making presidential-level decisions. I was not,” he said.

“There was never any question about who was in charge. It was George Bush. And that’s the way we operated. This whole notion that somehow I exceeded my authority here, was usurping his authority, is simply not true. It’s an urban legend, never happened."

Subject: Re: Dick Cheney wants to hug you.

Written By: Jessica on 01/08/09 at 11:41 am

No.  Just....no.

Written By: AL-B Mk. III on 01/08/09 at 11:50 am

No.  Just....no.

Aw, come on.  :-\\

http://www.getoutdoors.com/goblog/uploads/DaddyDickCheney.jpg

"Can I have a hug???"

Written By: CatwomanofV on 01/08/09 at 1:04 pm

Mr. "Go f**k yourself" himself? Oh PUUUULLLLEEEEAAAAASSSSSEEEEE!!!!!  http://www.inthe00s.com/smile/08/puke.gif

Cat

Written By: AL-B Mk. III on 01/08/09 at 1:44 pm

Oh, come on people!!!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6Sl-MHhEJxI

Written By: MrCleveland on 01/08/09 at 1:51 pm

Only if Cheney would put his gun down and promises that he won't have a heart attack when I tell him that I voted for Obama in 2008.

Written By: danootaandme on 01/08/09 at 1:58 pm

Only if Cheney would put his gun down and promises that he won't have a heart attack when I tell him that I voted for Obama in 2008.

Only if he promises he will have a heart attack.....

Written By: MaxwellSmart on 01/08/09 at 2:10 pm

Mr. "Go f**k yourself" himself? Oh PUUUULLLLEEEEAAAAASSSSSEEEEE!!!!!  http://www.inthe00s.com/smile/08/puke.gif

Cat

My sediments exactly! 

I don't doubt he's a very personable guy, a lot of sociopaths are.  He doesn't have to live with any of the murder and mayhem he causes, so that helps keep his demeanor cheery.  It's amazing what you can do if you've got no conscience.
::)

Written By: CatwomanofV on 01/08/09 at 2:47 pm

Only if he promises he will have a heart attack.....

How can one have a heart attack when one doesn't have a heart.

Cat

Written By: danootaandme on 01/08/09 at 5:14 pm

Cat

Good point

Written By: Reynolds1863 on 01/08/09 at 9:05 pm

If Dick is some huggable and cuddly why does Lynn look like she's in pain everytime she's photographed?  I think the whole hugable thing is wishful thinking on his part.

Written By: MrCleveland on 01/21/09 at 1:59 pm

I don't think I can now, I might injure him and have him be in a wheelchair forever.

Written By: Reynolds1863 on 01/21/09 at 4:48 pm

I don't think I can now, I might injure him and have him be in a wheelchair forever.

It's so nice that you care about him in his feeble state. :)

Written By: Davester on 01/23/09 at 7:47 am

Cat

Cheney presents himself similar to the despots characterized by Charlie Chaplin's famous speech in The Great Dictator: Machine men with machine hearts...

If there's a wounded inner self to Cheney, he keeps it locked away in a bunker at an undislosed location...

Check for new replies or respond here...