» OLD MESSAGE ARCHIVES «
The Pop Culture Information Society...
Messageboard Archive Index, In The 00s - The Pop Culture Information Society

Welcome to the archived messages from In The 00s. This archive stretches back to 1998 in some instances, and contains a nearly complete record of all the messages posted to inthe00s.com. You will also find an archive of the messages from inthe70s.com, inthe80s.com, inthe90s.com and amiright.com before they were combined to form the inthe00s.com messageboard.

If you are looking for the active messages, please click here. Otherwise, use the links below or on the right hand side of the page to navigate the archives.

Custom Search

Subject: War on terror is ended...

Written By: LyricBoy on 02/01/09 at 4:55 pm

News accounts indicate that Obama has declared an end to the War on Terror.

http://news.yahoo.com/s/ap/20090201/ap_on_go_pr_wh/war_on_terror

Apparently the term "War on Terror" offends Moslem people, so in the future, to no to offend them, we will refer to the war against specific extremists:

-AL Quaeda Sunni Muslims
-Taliban Moslem extremists
-Hamas Moslem Militants
-Hezbollah Moslem Extremists
-Jemmaah Islamiya (Indonesian Moslem terrorists)
-Abu Sayyaf (Phillipono Islamic extremists)
-FARC (Columbian rebels)

This certainly should improve our image in the Moslem world.  After all, only 31 of the 44 designated international terror organizations are Islamic.  The other 13 are various commies, drug lords, and other miscreants.

Subject: Re: War on terror is ended...

Written By: Brian06 on 02/01/09 at 6:48 pm

Good the "War on terror" is a fraud the neocons made up to promote American imperialism.

Written By: Reynolds1863 on 02/01/09 at 8:35 pm

Let's play pick your favorite terrorist group and declare war on them.  I love it when people get specific.

Written By: Davester on 02/01/09 at 11:59 pm

I'm declaring war on idiotic catchphrases...

Written By: Davester on 02/02/09 at 12:04 am

Also I'm declaring war on war...

Written By: MaxwellSmart on 02/02/09 at 1:01 am

Also I'm declaring war on war...

I'm staring a war for peace!
;)

Written By: philbo on 02/02/09 at 2:02 am

I'm declaring war on idiotic catchphrases...

War on Beatty?

Declaring a "War on Terror" was a stupid idea from the start, and not at all helpful in the fight against terrorism. It's kind of refreshing to see a world leader showing some common sense.

Written By: Don Carlos on 02/02/09 at 10:37 am

War on Beatty?

Declaring a "War on Terror" was a stupid idea from the start, and not at all helpful in the fight against terrorism. It's kind of refreshing to see a world leader showing some common sense.

Absolutely, since terrorism is a tactic the whole concept was bogus from the start.

Written By: MaxwellSmart on 02/02/09 at 12:18 pm

Ann Coulter sez:

We are America.  We never do terror.  We do God's work.  The moose-limbs are like jealous of us and stuff because God gave us the greatest country on Earth and He gave them squat because they don't accept Jesus as Lord!
:P

Written By: MrCleveland on 02/02/09 at 1:59 pm

Can we just call it 'Cold War II'?

Because that's what it is. Bad wars, wire-tapping, Christians vs. Moslems, the whole 9 yards.

Written By: Reynolds1863 on 02/02/09 at 7:46 pm

Ann Coulter sez:

We are America.  We never do terror.  We do God's work.  The moose-limbs are like jealous of us and stuff because God gave us the greatest country on Earth and He gave them squat because they don't accept Jesus as Lord!
:P

Ann Coulter scares me.

Written By: MaxwellSmart on 02/02/09 at 9:18 pm

Ann Coulter scares me.

I was going to say Ann Coulter doesn't really say that...but then I remembered, she really does!
:o

Written By: Reynolds1863 on 02/02/09 at 10:19 pm

I was going to say Ann Coulter doesn't really say that...but then I remembered, she really does!
:o

http://i128.photobucket.com/albums/p189/Krazykatie927/Funny%20Stuff/untitled.jpg

Check for new replies or respond here...