» OLD MESSAGE ARCHIVES «
The Pop Culture Information Society...
Messageboard Archive Index, In The 00s - The Pop Culture Information Society

Welcome to the archived messages from In The 00s. This archive stretches back to 1998 in some instances, and contains a nearly complete record of all the messages posted to inthe00s.com. You will also find an archive of the messages from inthe70s.com, inthe80s.com, inthe90s.com and amiright.com before they were combined to form the inthe00s.com messageboard.

If you are looking for the active messages, please click here. Otherwise, use the links below or on the right hand side of the page to navigate the archives.

Custom Search

Subject: Joe The Plumber advising GOP on political strategy

Written By: Brian06 on 02/03/09 at 2:49 am

Joe the Plumber advises GOP-ers
By ALEX ISENSTADT | 2/2/09 7:26 PM EST

Fresh off his stint as a war correspondent, Joe the Plumber will talk strategy with Hill Republicans.

Fresh off his stint as a war correspondent in Gaza, Joe the Plumber is now doing political strategy with Republicans.

When GOP congressional aides gather Tuesday morning for a meeting of the Conservative Working Group, Samuel Joseph Wurzelbacher – more commonly known as Joe the Plumber — will be their featured guest. This group is an organization of conservative Capitol Hill staffers who meet regularly to chart GOP strategy for the week.

Wurzelbacher, who became a household name during the presidential election, will be focusing his talk on the proposed stimulus package. He's apparently not a fan of the economic rescue package, according to members of the group.

If nothing else, GOP aides are using the appearance to get staffers to attend the 9 a.m meeting.

“In case you weren’t planning to attend CWG tomorrow morning, you might want to reconsider because Joe the Plumber will be joining us!” Kimberly Wallner, an aide to South Carolina Sen. Jim DeMint, wrote in a message to her e-mail list this afternoon.

Last month, Wurzelbacher did a brief stint as a war reporter for the conservative web site pjtv.com.

http://www.politico.com/news/stories/0209/18324.html

HAHAHA! Joe the Plumber now Joe the Political Strategist?  ;D

Subject: Re: Joe The Plumber advising GOP on political strategy

Written By: Tia on 02/03/09 at 9:40 am

wow, they must really be desperate.

you know, joe the plumber has gotta be the luckiest mofo since ringo starr.

Written By: EthanM on 02/03/09 at 9:53 am

The GOP is tragic right now so they need their comic relief

Written By: Don Carlos on 02/03/09 at 10:30 am

Having joe the blo plumber speak would be one more reason to miss that meeting.

Written By: CatwomanofV on 02/03/09 at 11:38 am

The 2012 GOP ticket: Sarah Palin/Joe the Plumber. Now there is a winning ticket if ever I saw one-NOT!!!!!

Cat

Written By: Reynolds1863 on 02/03/09 at 4:39 pm

I thought he'd volunteered to be shipped off to Israel to play GI-Joe.  Must have found out politics is less dangerous.  I predict an end to the Republican Party as it is now.

Written By: Rice_Cube on 02/03/09 at 4:40 pm

I predict an end to the Republican Party as it is now.

It has to end.  I'm all for classical conservatism but the Republicans are insane.

Written By: Reynolds1863 on 02/03/09 at 4:47 pm

It has to end.  I'm all for classical conservatism but the Republicans are insane.

Yep, it's a far cry from it's roots.  Now it's more of a social conservative based policy.

Subject: What?

Written By: MaxwellSmart on 02/03/09 at 5:13 pm

This is a joke, right?  Gotta be a joke.  Couldn't possibly be true!
???

Written By: Macphisto on 02/03/09 at 5:26 pm

....and this is why the GOP is falling apart.  Talk about an identity crisis.

Written By: MaxwellSmart on 02/03/09 at 5:53 pm

I think the Dems have some kind of mass-PTSD the way they let the Repugs intimidate them.  Tom Daschle backing off today is a perfect example.  If the tables were turned, the GOP would be saying tough sh*t.

On the other hand, let's not forget about Gingrich and Livingston.

I'm just sick of these guys taking the GOP seriously when the GOP acts seriously crazy.
::)

Check for new replies or respond here...