» OLD MESSAGE ARCHIVES «
The Pop Culture Information Society...
Messageboard Archive Index, In The 00s - The Pop Culture Information Society

Welcome to the archived messages from In The 00s. This archive stretches back to 1998 in some instances, and contains a nearly complete record of all the messages posted to inthe00s.com. You will also find an archive of the messages from inthe70s.com, inthe80s.com, inthe90s.com and amiright.com before they were combined to form the inthe00s.com messageboard.

If you are looking for the active messages, please click here. Otherwise, use the links below or on the right hand side of the page to navigate the archives.

Custom Search

Subject: Religion of peace?

Written By: Dude111 on 02/05/09 at 5:04 am

http://www.investors.com/editorial/editorialcontent.asp?secid=1501&status=article&id=155865&secure=2857

Interesting..... I dont think there can really be "peace" in any religion (Which is why many think it does more harm than good)

Subject: Re: Religion of peace?

Written By: Macphisto on 02/05/09 at 6:08 pm

CAIR is basically the Islamic equivalent of AIPAC.  They don't have anywhere near the power of AIPAC, but they defend Islam to absurd degrees the same way that AIPAC defends Israel to absurdity.

The truth is somewhere in between.  All of the "desert dogmas", as Pat Condell puts it, are conducive to violence in varying degrees.  There was a time when Christianity was the most violent of the Judeo-Christian religions just like there was one when Judaism was.  Nowadays, most of this violence can be attributed to Islam, but CAIR won't be satisfied until everyone is practically converted to Islam.

The point is...  every religion has flaws, and Islam is certainly no exception.

Granted, in my opinion, the columnist of this article is correct in implying that religion itself is "cognitive dissonance."  Believing in something without evidence is rather illogical.

Subject: Re: Religion of peace?

Written By: MaxwellSmart on 02/05/09 at 9:26 pm

Piece? I like a piece now and again!  Nudge, nudge, wink, wink...Say no more!
;)

Check for new replies or respond here...