» OLD MESSAGE ARCHIVES «
The Pop Culture Information Society...
Messageboard Archive Index, In The 00s - The Pop Culture Information Society

Welcome to the archived messages from In The 00s. This archive stretches back to 1998 in some instances, and contains a nearly complete record of all the messages posted to inthe00s.com. You will also find an archive of the messages from inthe70s.com, inthe80s.com, inthe90s.com and amiright.com before they were combined to form the inthe00s.com messageboard.

If you are looking for the active messages, please click here. Otherwise, use the links below or on the right hand side of the page to navigate the archives.

Custom Search

Subject: Trial of the Bush Administration?

Written By: MrCleveland on 02/10/09 at 12:45 pm

Senator of Vermont, Patrick Leahy, may want to put the last administration on trial such as Condi Rice, John Ashcroft, Karl Rove, and maybe even Bush himself.

Anyone know about Patrick Leahy and are your opinions agreeable towards his? Because this is all I know right now. :-\\

Subject: Re: Trial of the Bush Administration?

Written By: CatwomanofV on 02/10/09 at 1:57 pm

http://www.salon.com/politics/war_room/feature/2009/02/09/leahy_torture/index.html?source=rss&aim=/politics/war_room/feature

Gotta love Pat. I have never had the privilege of meeting him-YET (but he did walk right past me once where I used to work). I think he is a smart & honest man. I am honored to call him my Senator and will vote for him again when he is up for reelection.

And yes-I am in TOTALLY agreement with him on this matter. In fact, I said to Carlos last night when I first heard about this that we need to email him and tell him so.

Cat

Written By: Rice_Cube on 02/10/09 at 1:59 pm

Do you think it's wiser to wait until the government bails us out of this economic mess before devoting craploads of money that they don't have towards a trial?

Written By: Reynolds1863 on 02/10/09 at 2:10 pm

Do you think it's wiser to wait until the government bails us out of this economic mess before devoting craploads of money that they don't have towards a trial?

Maybe they can do both.  It doesn't take a lot of money to have senate hearing on the Bush Administration.

Written By: Rice_Cube on 02/10/09 at 2:11 pm

Maybe they can do both.  It doesn't take a lot of money to have senate hearing on the Bush Administration.

They wasted a buttload of money on Bill Clinton's impeachment, biggest stupid use of money ever :P  I would imagine the Bush trials would cost as much if not more.

Written By: Tia on 02/10/09 at 2:23 pm

im not really worried about the money -- the clinton impeachment was like 50 million, a drop in the bucket -- but i'm worried about the media circus when we're trying to fix all these problems that, ironically, bush caused. i think we gotta get out of panic mode and then maybe after midterm elections start worrying about prosecuting him. or doing something low-key that would fly under the media radar, because the circus would just be awful.

Written By: MrCleveland on 02/10/09 at 2:24 pm

They wasted a buttload of money on Bill Clinton's impeachment, biggest stupid use of money ever :P  I would imagine the Bush trials would cost as much if not more.

My opinion...worthless.

Bill Clinton's impeachment should've had something more than sex...since sex is on everyone's mind.

But look at what FDR did to the 1st Generation Japanese Americans. I would be for the trials if my Palestinian-American friends were sent to Gitmo and tortured.

Written By: Reynolds1863 on 02/10/09 at 2:31 pm

Yep, America's most expensive blow-job.  At least with Bush we don't have to see Monica and it's political.

Written By: Rice_Cube on 02/10/09 at 2:31 pm

im not really worried about the money -- the clinton impeachment was like 50 million, a drop in the bucket -- but i'm worried about the media circus when we're trying to fix all these problems that, ironically, bush caused. i think we gotta get out of panic mode and then maybe after midterm elections start worrying about prosecuting him. or doing something low-key that would fly under the media radar, because the circus would just be awful.

Yeah, I think that would potentially be more damaging than the monetary expense.

Written By: MaxwellSmart on 02/10/09 at 3:49 pm

Remember what Cheney said to Pat Leahy? 

To quote Cole Wilson:

"F**k me?  No, f**k you!"
:-*

Written By: CatwomanofV on 02/10/09 at 4:19 pm

Remember what Cheney said to Pat Leahy? 

To quote Cole Wilson:

"F**k me?  No, f**k you!"
:-*

Yup-it looks like Pat is going to get the last laugh.

Cat

Written By: Macphisto on 02/10/09 at 6:51 pm

I'm no fan of Bush, but I'd say the economy is a much greater concern at the moment.

Written By: EthanM on 02/10/09 at 9:13 pm

Just change official policy to one of cooperation with all international human rights courts/tribunals and let the international community handle the criminal aspects of the administration. Individuals should be allowed to bring private lawsuits against the previous administration, but the current one has more important things to deal with.

But there should be no presidential pardon.

Written By: MaxwellSmart on 02/11/09 at 2:32 pm

I'm no fan of Bush, but I'd say the economy is a much greater concern at the moment.

They're both tangled into the same mess.  We must go after both at the same time.  It is also time to run an Elliott Ness raid on Wall Street and send some of these hedge fund pirates to the gallows.

Not literally, I'm against capital punishment, but they need to be punished the same way our courts handle street thugs...as menaces to society, not cute nerds who gamed the system.

Written By: Macphisto on 02/11/09 at 6:41 pm

They're both tangled into the same mess.  We must go after both at the same time.  It is also time to run an Elliott Ness raid on Wall Street and send some of these hedge fund pirates to the gallows.

Not literally, I'm against capital punishment, but they need to be punished the same way our courts handle street thugs...as menaces to society, not cute nerds who gamed the system.

Most of the time, I'm against capital punishment.  Although I'd like to make an exception for Madoff.  He needs to be burned alive in the middle of Times Square.

Now is the time to make examples out of those that have sucked away our tax money for their personal benefit.  I'd be happy to line up these banking bigwigs and guillotine every last one of them.

And throw Henry Paulson in there for good measure.

Written By: Don Carlos on 02/12/09 at 11:32 am

Most of the time, I'm against capital punishment.  Although I'd like to make an exception for Madoff.  He needs to be burned alive in the middle of Times Square.

Now is the time to make examples out of those that have sucked away our tax money for their personal benefit.  I'd be happy to line up these banking bigwigs and guillotine every last one of them.

And throw Henry Paulson in there for good measure.

I couldn't agree more.  Justice needs to be served.

Written By: MrCleveland on 02/12/09 at 12:58 pm

I couldn't agree more.  Justice needs to be served.

It will, and Bush's judge will be named Jesus.

There should be no presidential pardon.

Obama may pardon Bush...or is thinking about it.

Anyone pardon Clinton yet?

Written By: MaxwellSmart on 02/12/09 at 9:58 pm

Obama may pardon Bush...or is thinking about it.

Anyone pardon Clinton yet?

Yes.  They impeached him and it didn't pass.

Written By: Macphisto on 02/12/09 at 11:34 pm

That will only happen if we don't do anything about illegal immigration (sorry, I had to go there...  ;) )

Written By: MaxwellSmart on 02/13/09 at 10:08 pm

That will only happen if we don't do anything about illegal immigration (sorry, I had to go there...  ;) )

You should send that one to Conan!
::)

Check for new replies or respond here...