» OLD MESSAGE ARCHIVES «
The Pop Culture Information Society...
Messageboard Archive Index, In The 00s - The Pop Culture Information Society

Welcome to the archived messages from In The 00s. This archive stretches back to 1998 in some instances, and contains a nearly complete record of all the messages posted to inthe00s.com. You will also find an archive of the messages from inthe70s.com, inthe80s.com, inthe90s.com and amiright.com before they were combined to form the inthe00s.com messageboard.

If you are looking for the active messages, please click here. Otherwise, use the links below or on the right hand side of the page to navigate the archives.

Custom Search

Subject: PETA's dumb animal pet trick.

Written By: JamieMcBain on 02/14/09 at 11:30 am

PETA has struck once again, this time members dressed up as the KKK, in order to protest the Westminister Dog Show, going as far as to compare dog breeders to the KKK and that AKC is trying to create a "master race" when it comes to pure-bred dogs.

Yes.... I'm pretty that dod breeders, are trying to create a "master race of caines", to take over the world.  ::)

Just like Hitler tried to do once.   ::)

http://www.usatoday.com/sports/2009-02-09-peta-westminster-kkk-protest_N.htm

Subject: Re: PETA's dumb animal pet trick.

Written By: JamieMcBain on 02/14/09 at 11:38 am

Trust a kid to get to the heart of the matter.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CaUQktVLABo

;D

Written By: danootaandme on 02/14/09 at 12:49 pm

Wonder if their robes were made by 10 year olds in a sweatshop?  Someone should ask.

Written By: Macphisto on 02/14/09 at 1:54 pm

Wonder if their robes were made by 10 year olds in a sweatshop?  Someone should ask.

LOL...  exactly.

Speaking of Hitler...  did you know he was a vegetarian?

Written By: JamieMcBain on 02/14/09 at 3:14 pm

Psssssst.....  Don't tell PETA that!  ;D

Written By: Reynolds1863 on 02/14/09 at 5:27 pm

PETA doesn't concern itself with the human condition.  Animal welfare comes before human suffering.

Written By: JamieMcBain on 02/14/09 at 7:58 pm

I know, unfortunatly.

::)

Written By: MaxwellSmart on 02/14/09 at 8:11 pm

PETA is turning from and animal rights organization into a performance art troupe.  Of all the suffering and injustice in the world today, they target the Westminster dog show?  What a bunch of nutters!
http://www.inthe00s.com/smile/07/nut.gif

Written By: LyricBoy on 02/14/09 at 9:07 pm

PETA is turning from and animal rights organization into a performance art troupe.  Of all the suffering and injustice in the world today, they target the Westminster dog show?  What a bunch of nutters!
http://www.inthe00s.com/smile/07/nut.gif

They should be out protesting Michael Bessigano instead.

Written By: MrCleveland on 02/15/09 at 6:17 pm

Fact:

Vegetarian/Vegan brains actually shrink overtime.

I think brains definitely need meat...or at least protein!

Written By: Reynolds1863 on 02/15/09 at 6:29 pm

Fact:

Which is why I'm going to eat a hamburger. :)

Written By: Jessica on 02/15/09 at 11:31 pm

Fact:

Fact:  So does everyone else's brain.  It's called AGING. :D

Written By: MaxwellSmart on 02/16/09 at 4:06 am

They should be out protesting Michael Bessigano instead.

I didn't remember who that guy was, so I went and googled it.  You made me read about the chicken man of Tasmania all over again.  Dude, the sh*t is just nasty!  Can we keep a brown paper bag over it from now on...please?
8-P

Written By: MaxwellSmart on 02/16/09 at 4:10 am

Yes.... I'm pretty that dod breeders, are trying to create a "master race of caines", to take over the world.  ::)

Say, you got kind of a Buckwheat talk going there, I like it!

Written By: Jessica on 02/16/09 at 11:51 am

The PETArds are the biggest bunch of hypocrites on this planet.  I can give you a crapload of examples, just to make you hate them more.

They say it is wrong to keep animals as pets.  Ingrid Newkirk, president and co-founder of PeTA, with her dog: Ingrid Newkirk

They say it's wrong to wear leather and exploit animals in the media.  Pamela Anderson, spokeswoman for PeTA, in a Vivienne Westwood ad.  Well bless my soul, what is that guy clad in and is that a dog? Deceiver Article

It's wrong to kill animals.  Oh look!  Two PeTA members on trial for killing puppies and dumping the bodies behind a grocery store! News Observer Article

Along the same lines as the above story, they had no qualms about saying it was OKAY to kill Michael Vick's pit bulls, even though there are a few that are being successfully rehabilitated: SI Article

This is the best article though: PeTA protester wearing.....fur?

Written By: Reynolds1863 on 02/16/09 at 4:26 pm

Fact:  So does everyone else's brain.  It's called AGING. :D

However without the proper amount of protein it's faster.

Written By: MrCleveland on 02/16/09 at 4:53 pm

I believe you're right!

Written By: Reynolds1863 on 02/16/09 at 4:55 pm

I believe you're right!

It's one way of preventing Parkinson's.  Although you can have too much of a good thing.  Therefore compromise with a taco salad every once in awhile.

Written By: Jessica on 02/16/09 at 6:25 pm

So because you're vegetarian, you can't get protein?  I thought that's what tofu, beans and nutritional yeast were for.

I assume that this was what Mr. Cleveland was talking about:

http://www.news.com.au/couriermail/story/0,23739,24336544-23272,00.html

The link was discovered by Oxford University scientists who used memory tests, physical checks and brain scans to examine 107 people between the ages of 61 and 87.

When the volunteers were retested five years later the medics found those with the lowest levels of vitamin B12 were also the most likely to have brain shrinkage. It confirms earlier research showing a link between brain atrophy and low levels of B12.

Yep.  Brain shrinkage in the older set.  It had absolutely NOTHING to do with vegetarians, but somehow they tied it in that vegetarians/vegans have shrinking brains because of a B12 deficiency.  And I can tell you right now that the dedicated as hell vegetarians/vegans that I know were already aware of this deficiency and combat it accordingly.

Written By: Reynolds1863 on 02/16/09 at 6:39 pm

So because you're vegetarian, you can't get protein?  I thought that's what tofu, beans and nutritional yeast were for.

I assume that this was what Mr. Cleveland was talking about:

http://www.news.com.au/couriermail/story/0,23739,24336544-23272,00.html

Yep.  Brain shrinkage in the older set.  It had absolutely NOTHING to do with vegetarians, but somehow they tied it in that vegetarians/vegans have shrinking brains because of a B12 deficiency.  And I can tell you right now that the dedicated as hell vegetarians/vegans that I know were already aware of this deficiency and combat it accordingly.

Of course vegetarians eat tofu and beans for protein.  Personally they can have it. :P

Written By: Jessica on 02/16/09 at 7:03 pm

Of course vegetarians eat tofu and beans for protein.  Personally they can have it. :P

Nothing wrong with either, if you know how to cook them.  I make killer Mapo Tofu.  And if you're not full on vegan, seven layer bean dip is the way to go...although you'll suffer from gas for a couple of days. ;D

Written By: MaxwellSmart on 02/16/09 at 11:47 pm

The PETArds are the biggest bunch of hypocrites on this planet.  I can give you a crapload of examples, just to make you hate them more.

They say it is wrong to keep animals as pets.  Ingrid Newkirk, president and co-founder of PeTA, with her dog: Ingrid Newkirk

Which one's which?
:D

I don't hate PETA, I just think they're silly.

Written By: Jessica on 02/16/09 at 11:57 pm

Which one's which?
:D

I don't hate PETA, I just think they're silly.

I think they started out to do something good, but then they went insane.  And I honestly don't think any of them follow that rule about "owning" pets.  Our neighbor, who is a militant vegan PETA member, has two rescue pit bulls (ironic, considering PETA wanted Michael Vick's pit bulls dead) and a cat.  The same goes for every other PETA follower I know: they all own pets.....or rather, they take care of their differently specied friends, or whatever PC bullsh*t term they use for it. :P

Written By: MaxwellSmart on 02/17/09 at 12:04 am

I think they started out to do something good, but then they went insane. 

Exactly.  I first heard of them in 1987 when they released a consciousness-raising album about cruelty to laboratory animals.  It had everybody from Howard Jones to Nina Hagen to Ministry on it, so I bought it.  Pretty cool.

Then I watched them get crazier and crazier and crazier over the years. 
::)

Written By: LyricBoy on 02/17/09 at 12:59 am

I didn't remember who that guy was, so I went and googled it.  You made me read about the chicken man of Tasmania all over again.  Dude, the sh*t is just nasty!  Can we keep a brown paper bag over it from now on...please?
8-P

Guy used to live 5 miles from my place when I was a Hoosier.  Last year he got out of jail for the chicken thing, but got arrested again for a parole violation... his PO found stuff on his computer along the lines of his original offense.

At the local newpaper site, one blogger wrote of him... "Let's hope he gets out of jail before Thanksgiving... he's got a turkey to stuff!"  ;D

That guy is seriously messed up, Peta could have a campaign targeted just at him.

Written By: MaxwellSmart on 02/17/09 at 1:14 am

Guy used to live 5 miles from my place when I was a Hoosier.  Last year he got out of jail for the chicken thing, but got arrested again for a parole violation... his PO found stuff on his computer along the lines of his original offense.

What fella doesn't have his fantasies about getting a little piece o' chicken?

http://www.inthe00s.com/smile/12/hiding.gif

Written By: Don Carlos on 02/17/09 at 10:48 am

They say it's wrong to wear leather and exploit animals in the media.  Pamela Anderson, spokeswoman for PeTA, in a Vivienne Westwood ad.  Well bless my soul, what is that guy clad in and is that a dog? Deceiver Article

It's wrong to kill animals.  Oh look!  Two PeTA members on trial for killing puppies and dumping the bodies behind a grocery store! News Observer Article

Along the same lines as the above story, they had no qualms about saying it was OKAY to kill Michael Vick's pit bulls, even though there are a few that are being successfully rehabilitated: SI Article

This is the best article though: PeTA protester wearing.....fur?

Yeah, they are hypocrites, but it is kind of fun when they protest in the nude  ;) :D ;D

Written By: Jessica on 02/17/09 at 11:30 am

Yeah, they are hypocrites, but it is kind of fun when they protest in the nude  ;) :D ;D

Did you happen to the see their Super Bowl ad that never aired because it was too.....ummm......risqué?  I'd post a link, but it's been flagged on YouTube as inappropriate. ;D

Written By: Reynolds1863 on 02/17/09 at 1:40 pm

My friend says PETA stands for People Eating Tasty Animals. :D

Written By: Jessica on 02/17/09 at 1:59 pm

Meat is murder.....tasty, tasty murder.

Yeah, I've gone back to eating meat.  Trying to be vegetarian is really frackin' expensive, so I'm slowly overcoming my aversion to meat.  I don't think I can eat pork yet (where I found the offending critter/bug thing), but the ground turkey meat didn't kill me, so I'm okay with that.  Next up: chicken!

Written By: JamieMcBain on 02/17/09 at 2:48 pm

Just because I eat hamburgers every once in awhile, doesn't make me a monster. 

I like animals, in fact I have a pet cat, that I really, really, love.

I also don't like seeing baby seals, getting clubbed to death, either.

But comparing someone who breeds dogs, for dog shows, and people want to own dogs for companship, to the KKK, who have in the past murdered, hanged, raped, tortured and even worse, people because they are different, is really ridiculous.

What about people who abuse, kill, and torture pets for fun? Shouldn't they be protested?

Now those are real monsters!

Written By: MaxwellSmart on 02/17/09 at 7:36 pm

Meat is murder.....tasty, tasty murder.

That's the Morrissey lyric that always bugged me.  "It's death for no reason and death for no reason is murder!"

A.  Murder is a term that applies only to human beings.
B.  It's not for "no reason," it's for my dinner. 

As one letter to Spin said in 1986:

"All Morrissey needs is a cheeseburger and a good f**k, and not necessarily in that order."

(I've been a fan of Mozz since 1985, but I don't hold him infallible.)

Written By: MaxwellSmart on 02/17/09 at 7:38 pm

I like to look at the ladies!

http://www.inthe00s.com/smile/07/naughty.gif

Written By: Jessica on 02/17/09 at 8:13 pm

That's the Morrissey lyric that always bugged me.  "It's death for no reason and death for no reason is murder!"

A.  Murder is a term that applies only to human beings.
B.  It's not for "no reason," it's for my dinner. 

As one letter to Spin said in 1986:

"All Morrissey needs is a cheeseburger and a good f**k, and not necessarily in that order."

(I've been a fan of Mozz since 1985, but I don't hold him infallible.)

Didn't he finally give in to sex though?  Maybe he'll eat a burger soon! ;D

Written By: MaxwellSmart on 02/17/09 at 8:19 pm

Didn't he finally give in to sex though?  Maybe he'll eat a burger soon! ;D

I think he prefers a weenie!  Aw jeez!  I'm sorry; that's so bad, but I just couldn't resist!
http://www.inthe00s.com/smile/07/peepwall.gif

Anyway, the song "Dear God, Please Help Me" settled the sex-or-no-sex for Morrissey question once and for all.

Check for new replies or respond here...