» OLD MESSAGE ARCHIVES «
The Pop Culture Information Society...
Messageboard Archive Index, In The 00s - The Pop Culture Information Society

Welcome to the archived messages from In The 00s. This archive stretches back to 1998 in some instances, and contains a nearly complete record of all the messages posted to inthe00s.com. You will also find an archive of the messages from inthe70s.com, inthe80s.com, inthe90s.com and amiright.com before they were combined to form the inthe00s.com messageboard.

If you are looking for the active messages, please click here. Otherwise, use the links below or on the right hand side of the page to navigate the archives.

Custom Search

Subject: Lent 2009

Written By: MrCleveland on 02/21/09 at 12:06 pm

This year...I will be making a move by giving up forum blogging.

Since Lent is a time where you give up something for 40 days give or take...I decided to stop forum blogging.

So if it seems that I am gone, I'm not. I'm just taking a hiatus on forum blogging so I can work on my scripts that I haven't be working for a few weeks because of depression, having my parents make me into a bank, and that sort of sheesh.

So...see you again on Easter!

Subject: Re: Lent 2009

Written By: Jessica on 02/21/09 at 12:26 pm

I'm going to give up virginity.

Oh wait....

Written By: snozberries on 02/21/09 at 12:45 pm

I'm going to give up virginity.

Oh wait....

;D

Written By: snozberries on 02/21/09 at 12:47 pm

This year...I will be making a move by giving up forum blogging.

Since Lent is a time where you give up something for 40 days give or take...I decided to stop forum blogging.

So if it seems that I am gone, I'm not. I'm just taking a hiatus on forum blogging so I can work on my scripts that I haven't be working for a few weeks because of depression, having my parents make me into a bank, and that sort of sheesh.

So...see you again on Easter!

I think it might serve you better to not be so hard on yourself for 40 days... perhaps you will learn something (or see something positive) in yourself and return with a brighter outlook. 

I had a friend like you- always kicking himself and I used to tell him what I am going to tell you know.... If I were as hard on you as you are on yourself you would never be friends with me.....

hope the 40 days serves you well . . .

I plan to give up nothing! Cuz  i can!

Written By: LyricBoy on 02/21/09 at 2:06 pm

I think it might serve you better to not be so hard on yourself

To quote June Cleaver... "Ward, I think you were a bit hard on The Beaver last night"

Written By: MaxwellSmart on 02/21/09 at 8:53 pm

Lent?  I can't even pay it back!
::)

Written By: statsqueen on 02/21/09 at 11:30 pm

I had a friend like you- always kicking himself and I used to tell him what I am going to tell you know.... If I were as hard on you as you are on yourself you would never be friends with me.....

Where have I heard that before?  Oh, yeah, you.  ;D

Written By: snozberries on 02/22/09 at 1:29 am

Where have I heard that before?  Oh, yeah, you.   ;D

yeah I might have mentioned it before.... but I thought it warranted repeating hear...hopefully he hears it!

Written By: philbo on 02/22/09 at 4:16 am

I'm giving up Lent.  Not just because of the Credit Crunch.

Written By: JamieMcBain on 02/22/09 at 10:44 am

Ditto.

Written By: Don Carlos on 02/22/09 at 11:53 am

To quote June Cleaver... "Ward, I think you were a bit hard on The Beaver last night"

"And I really enjoyed it."

Written By: Reynolds1863 on 02/25/09 at 2:10 pm

I haven't given up anything for Lent since I was a kid.  I figured if I gave something up I'd just replace it with something of equal or greater personal value.

Written By: Ashkicksass on 02/25/09 at 3:26 pm

My mom's friend used to give up Circuses every year for lent.

I always thought that was pretty funny.

Written By: nally on 02/25/09 at 4:17 pm

In past years for Lent, I've often given up a certain TV program (or a set of programs) or playing a certain game. Usually when I was a kid. I know that in 1988 I gave up bingo and in 1992 I gave up cartoons (in the early 90s I found daytime cartoons to be quite enjoyable).

This year, I'm not totally sure yet...but it might be certain tv programs.

Written By: adagio on 02/25/09 at 6:28 pm

I didn't give up something, just made a change for the better.  Learning more of my faith.

Written By: thereshegoes on 02/25/09 at 7:02 pm

So you're suppose to give up on something pleasurable for 40 days? Do you get an award for it?

'Cause i've been thinking i sure deserve the biggest trophy by now.

Written By: nally on 03/06/09 at 8:37 pm

I have been giving up something in most years to help make myself a better person. It's not always easy to do, though.

Written By: snozberries on 03/07/09 at 12:33 am

So you're suppose to give up on something pleasurable for 40 days? Do you get an award for it?

'Cause i've been thinking i sure deserve the biggest trophy by now.

makes me wonder what you gave up  ;)  unless it's totally what I think it is  ;D

Written By: MrCleveland on 03/28/09 at 8:59 am

Okay, It's not Easter, but I just want to tell you why I'm back before that time....

I am going to housesit for someone at my church because she's going to Kenya for 4 weeks and I don't know when I'll be at a computer.

Written By: loki 13 on 03/28/09 at 11:03 am

Okay, It's not Easter, but I just want to tell you why I'm back before that time....

I am going to housesit for someone at my church because she's going to Kenya for 4 weeks and I don't know when I'll be at a computer.

Gave in to the Devil's temptations, huh?  ???  ;D

I find that people generally don't get the meaning of Lent. It's supposed to be a time of reflection and self inventory. It's about
giving up sinful things and making yourself a better person. Giving up chocolate bars for 40 days then gorging yourself at Easter
defeats the purpose of what it's truly about. It's not about giving something up for 40 days because you can, it's about making
yourself better in the eyes of God and man for all your days.

Written By: Macphisto on 03/28/09 at 11:29 am

I'll be giving up religion for 40 days....  oh wait, that's not pleasurable.

Written By: snozberries on 03/28/09 at 11:37 am

I'll be giving up religion for 40 days....  oh wait, that's not pleasurable.

I gave up religion 35 years ago and have nothing but pleasure since  :)

Written By: Macphisto on 03/28/09 at 11:40 am

It's been 15 years for me, but I feel the same as you. ;)

Written By: Reynolds1863 on 03/28/09 at 8:03 pm

Some would say you're hell bound.  Not like that would scare you since the proprietor would be scare crapless of you. ;D

Written By: snozberries on 03/28/09 at 8:05 pm

Some would say you're hell bound. 

I guess you have to believe in heaven and hell for that to carry any weight.

Not like that would scare you since the proprietor would be scare crapless of you. ;D

you know it!  ;D

Written By: Jessica on 03/28/09 at 11:49 pm

I gave up my sanity for Lent.  I'd sort of like it back. :P

Written By: snozberries on 03/29/09 at 12:40 am

I gave up my sanity for Lent.  I'd sort of like it back. :P

;D

Written By: Frank on 03/29/09 at 1:58 am

I'm not giving up anything, but alternatively I'm not taking anything else new on...

One of my friends is giving up chocolate for 40 days. I wish her good luck.

Written By: CatwomanofV on 03/29/09 at 11:54 am

I never understood having to give up something you don't have to. I know you are supposed to "sacrifice" for your religion but WHY?? Especially when today people are giving things up for rent, I don't understand why they need to give things up for Lent, too.

"An Ye Harm None, Do What Ye Will"

Cat

Written By: snozberries on 03/29/09 at 12:11 pm

I never understood having to give up something you don't have to. I know you are supposed to "sacrifice" for your religion but WHY?? Especially when today people are giving things up for rent, I don't understand why they need to give things up for Lent, too.

Cat

I agree

volunteering more would make more sense right?

Written By: Macphisto on 03/29/09 at 1:56 pm

I agree

Yep...

Written By: Ashkicksass on 03/29/09 at 4:01 pm

I agree

That is such an awesome idea.  Or just making an effort to do something nice for someone else, every day for 40 days.  That seems way more up Jesus' alley to me anyway, and it would be really good for the doer too. 

I think I'm gonna try it.  Not for religious reasons...just cause it seems like a good thing to do.

Written By: snozberries on 03/29/09 at 4:25 pm

That is such an awesome idea.  Or just making an effort to do something nice for someone else, every day for 40 days.  That seems way more up Jesus' alley to me anyway, and it would be really good for the doer too. 

I think I'm gonna try it.  Not for religious reasons...just cause it seems like a good thing to do.

yay I'm an inspiration.... 

:-\\  frightening thought isn't it ?

;D

Written By: Ashkicksass on 03/29/09 at 4:30 pm

;D

You're the meaning in my life
You're the inspiration
You bring feeling to my life
You're the inspiration
Wanna have you near me
I wanna have you hear me sayin'
No one needs you more than I need you

Written By: snozberries on 03/29/09 at 4:46 pm

You're the meaning in my life
You're the inspiration
You bring feeling to my life
You're the inspiration
Wanna have you near me
I wanna have you hear me sayin'
No one needs you more than I need you

:-*

Written By: MrCleveland on 03/30/09 at 3:37 pm

I now became an atheist! God hates me and my family!

Written By: karen on 03/30/09 at 5:13 pm

I now became an atheist! God hates me and my family!

then you are not truly an atheist

Written By: snozberries on 03/30/09 at 5:52 pm

then you are not truly an atheist

because Athiests don't believe in God at all so there's no one to hate you. 

Written By: philbo on 04/01/09 at 5:11 am

because Athiests don't believe in God at all so there's no one to hate you. 

I must have been told at least a dozen times that I'm an atheist "because I hate god".  It's kind of sad, in a way.

Written By: Reynolds1863 on 04/01/09 at 2:06 pm

I must have been told at least a dozen times that I'm an atheist "because I hate god".  It's kind of sad, in a way.

How can you hate something that doesn't exist?  Yeah, I know how you feel.  I get it because I believe in a higher power just not "God".

Written By: snozberries on 04/01/09 at 2:12 pm

How can you hate something that doesn't exist?  Yeah, I know how you feel.  I get it because I believe in a higher power just not "God".

yeah...its agnostics who hate god....if god exists that is.  ;D

Written By: Reynolds1863 on 04/01/09 at 4:25 pm

I don't have a problem with her, really I don't.

Written By: Ashkicksass on 04/01/09 at 4:26 pm

I don't hate God...just religion. 

Written By: snozberries on 04/01/09 at 4:27 pm

I love you for that!

Written By: statsqueen on 04/01/09 at 8:45 pm

I feel the same way....ever notice how many people can't seem to make the distinction?

;D

Maybe just a little bit  ;) ;D :-*

Written By: Frank on 04/01/09 at 11:46 pm

Cat

I suppose because, for Christians, to Honor the sacrifice that Jesus made for us (Jesus fasted for 40 days/nights while in the wilderness)

Written By: Jessica on 04/02/09 at 1:07 am

"God wants spiritual fruits, not religious nuts." ;)

Written By: philbo on 04/02/09 at 4:22 am

"God wants spiritual fruits, not religious nuts." ;)

:D

Written By: CatwomanofV on 04/02/09 at 11:45 am

I suppose because, for Christians, to Honor the sacrifice that Jesus made for us (Jesus fasted for 40 days/nights while in the wilderness)

If Jesus died for Christians sins, why do Christians still have to make sacrifices when Jesus did it for them?

Cat

Written By: Jessica on 04/02/09 at 12:43 pm

If Jesus died for Christians sins, why do Christians still have to make sacrifices when Jesus did it for them?

Cat

You don't.  It's just another silly custom that was started by the churches for no reason whatsoever.  I'm not going to get into the whole story, but right now I'm having a crisis of faith and what I do or don't believe in.  Therefore, I'm reading any and all books that I can get my hands on (including books by noted Atheists ;)).  I've started with the obvious choice of reading about Christianity first since it is so accessible.

Anywho, from what I have already read, Christ died for "our" sins, which means that all "we" have to do is accept that, accept him, and accept his will and we will be saved.  There is no mention of depriving one's self of something for forty days.  (Note: the first sentence in this short paragraph only pertains to people who are Christian.  I didn't really have another way to explain it, so I'm not trying to convert y'all. ;D)

If you're going to make sacrifices in your life, I would hope that it would be the sacrifice of time and resources helping out those that are less fortunate than ourselves or helping out Mother Earth by cleaning up, recycling, saving energy, etc.  I would also hope that it's not just for one short period of time during the year, but all throughout your life.

/end hippie mode :D

Written By: MrCleveland on 04/02/09 at 1:07 pm

Cat

Leviticus.

If you read Leviticus, there are many Jewish customs and all that. Why don't Jews eat cheeseburgers? because they don't boil calves in mother's milk.

Written By: Tam on 04/02/09 at 1:36 pm

I find that people generally don't get the meaning of Lent. It's supposed to be a time of reflection and self inventory. It's about
giving up sinful things and making yourself a better person. Giving up chocolate bars for 40 days then gorging yourself at Easter
defeats the purpose of what it's truly about. It's not about giving something up for 40 days because you can, it's about making
yourself better in the eyes of God and man for all your days.

karma +1

Written By: Tam on 04/02/09 at 1:36 pm

You don't.  It's just another silly custom that was started by the churches for no reason whatsoever.  I'm not going to get into the whole story, but right now I'm having a crisis of faith and what I do or don't believe in.  Therefore, I'm reading any and all books that I can get my hands on (including books by noted Atheists ;)).  I've started with the obvious choice of reading about Christianity first since it is so accessible.

Anywho, from what I have already read, Christ died for "our" sins, which means that all "we" have to do is accept that, accept him, and accept his will and we will be saved.  There is no mention of depriving one's self of something for forty days.  (Note: the first sentence in this short paragraph only pertains to people who are Christian.  I didn't really have another way to explain it, so I'm not trying to convert y'all. ;D)

If you're going to make sacrifices in your life, I would hope that it would be the sacrifice of time and resources helping out those that are less fortunate than ourselves or helping out Mother Earth by cleaning up, recycling, saving energy, etc.  I would also hope that it's not just for one short period of time during the year, but all throughout your life.

I think you have hit it right where I believe it Girl. 8)

Written By: Tam on 04/02/09 at 1:41 pm

You know what really burns my butt?

Any time someone starts a discussion about God or their Faith, they are always slapped down by those who feel the need to say "There is NO God."
Yet, it is the believers who sit here and read an say nothing whatsoever about what others have said.

We don't mock their beliefs, or try and shove stuff down their throats, so why do they find it necessary to mock us?

As so-called friends here on this forum, shouldn't we be more tolerant of each others beliefs?

Perhaps I am a little jaded, but in the real world my friends are made up of every race, creed, beliefs and religion - why can't that be true here as well?

/end rant.

Written By: MrCleveland on 04/02/09 at 1:47 pm

Any time someone starts a discussion about God or their Faith, they are always slapped down by those who feel the need to say "There is NO God."
Yet, it is the believers who sit here and read an say nothing whatsoever about what others have said.

We don't mock their beliefs, or try and shove stuff down their throats, so why do they find it necessary to mock us?

As so-called friends here on this forum, shouldn't we be more tolerant of each others beliefs?

Perhaps I am a little jaded, but in the real world my friends are made up of every race, creed, beliefs and religion - why can't that be true here as well?

/end rant.

I myself, just get discouraged about God. Like that character in "Bruce Almighty" named...Bruce.

Written By: Tam on 04/02/09 at 2:06 pm

I myself, just get discouraged about God. Like that character in "Bruce Almighty" named...Bruce.

I think anyone who is a Believer does from time to time, but you have to remember: God only gives us what He knows we can handle. ;)
You wouldn't go though some things if He thought you couldn't handle them. 8)

Written By: karen on 04/02/09 at 2:15 pm

/end rant.

Where in this thread has that happened?

I get that it happens sometimes - but the same is true for the non-believers at times, you know.  It just depends which side of the fence you are on.

Written By: Jessica on 04/02/09 at 2:26 pm

/end rant.

I have touched on respecting other people and their beliefs before on this board, but it didn't go down too well with some people.  So I gave up.  I'd resurrect that thread where it happened, but it would just annoy me again. ;D

Give it a few more replies. ;)

I get that it happens sometimes - but the same is true for the non-believers at times, you know.  It just depends which side of the fence you are on.

I have seen it happen in the past on both sides, I see it now out in the real world and on other messageboards I frequent, and I can't help but wonder why people can't just STFU and get along.  I'm open to all ideas, religion or no, but it sort of gets annoying to see people trade insults and act like they're superior because they believe in something or not.  It sort of defeats the purpose of whatever the point is that you're trying to get across and just makes you look like a jackass all around.

Written By: Tam on 04/02/09 at 2:28 pm

It does happen - and I am not saying it has happened in this particular thread. ;)

And it totally depends on which side of the fence the person sits on. As well, interpretation without tone of voice leaves room for misinterpretation. My statement above is a general statement. If I was trying to point fingers, I would have used the words "you" instead of "they". Granted, I did say that the Believers don't mock, but in reality, there are ones who mock and try to discourage those who are non-believers. No side is without fault.

Written By: karen on 04/02/09 at 2:30 pm

But the implication was that people had been slapping down the believers either in this thread or in recent threads.

Written By: Tam on 04/02/09 at 2:34 pm

But the implication was that people had been slapping down the believers either in this thread or in recent threads.

To be completely honest - I was in a discussion with a very close friend about Faith, and it kind of got to me how 'some' people react to Faith Based and Religion based beliefs. I read this thread, and then felt the need to rant, if you will. Outside information overrode my emotions is all.

Yep, that's me. Emotional willy nilly that I am.

Written By: CatwomanofV on 04/02/09 at 2:38 pm

I hear ya about having a crisis of faith. Been there, done that. Through your reading, I hope you will consider:

http://www.religioustolerance.org/wic_beli.htm

http://www.controverscial.com/The%2013%20Principles%20of%20Wiccan%20Belief.htm

I'm not trying to convert you in any way, shape, or form. I have always said that religion is a very personal thing and you have to find something that fits YOU! This is just one of the many choices you can make.

Good luck with your pursuit and I will be interested to learn which way you finally choose-when you have reached a conclusion.

Cat

Written By: Ashkicksass on 04/02/09 at 2:45 pm

To be completely honest - I was in a discussion with a very close friend about Faith, and it kind of got to me how 'some' people react to Faith Based and Religion based beliefs. I read this thread, and then felt the need to rant, if you will. Outside information overrode my emotions is all.

Yep, that's me. Emotional willy nilly that I am.

Actually Tam, I think that you've always been really reasonable and rational when it comes to talking about religion.  You are surrounded by people on this board who have very different beliefs than you, who aren't afraid to vocalize this in a major way, yet you've always been really patient about it.  Sometimes you've been the only voice in favor of Christianity and I think you've always handled it really well.  In my eyes, you embody what a Christian should be.  My two cents anyway.

Written By: Jessica on 04/02/09 at 2:48 pm

I hear ya about having a crisis of faith. Been there, done that. Through your reading, I hope you will consider:

http://www.religioustolerance.org/wic_beli.htm

http://www.controverscial.com/The%2013%20Principles%20of%20Wiccan%20Belief.htm

I'm not trying to convert you in any way, shape, or form. I have always said that religion is a very personal thing and you have to find something that fits YOU! This is just one of the many choices you can make.

Good luck with your pursuit and I will be interested to learn which way you finally choose-when you have reached a conclusion.

Cat

Thank you. :)

I've looked at the Religious Tolerance website before.  Very informative, but I haven't had a chance to read it all yet.  I will read those articles tonight though, once the kiddo goes to bed. :D

Written By: Tam on 04/02/09 at 2:53 pm

Actually Tam, I think that you've always been really reasonable and rational when it comes to talking about religion.  You are surrounded by people on this board who have very different beliefs than you, who aren't afraid to vocalize this in a major way, yet you've always been really patient about it.  Sometimes you've been the only voice in favor of Christianity and I think you've always handled it really well.  In my eyes, you embody what a Christian should be.  My two cents anyway.

Thanks Ash.
And I try, but sometimes I do let my emotions get the best of me.
I guess I should just learn to keep my trap shut if I am overly emotional. ;D

Written By: snozberries on 04/02/09 at 6:50 pm

Leviticus.

If you read Leviticus, there are many Jewish customs and all that. Why don't Jews eat cheeseburgers? because they don't boil calves in mother's milk.

WTF? I know plenty of Jewish people who eat cheeseburgers....  I also know some who partake in the tastuness of ham and bacon but that's another thing all together.

Written By: Jessica on 04/02/09 at 6:55 pm

WTF? I know plenty of Jewish people who eat cheeseburgers....  I also know some who partake in the tastuness of ham and bacon but that's another thing all together.

That does bring to mind the question as to why HAM is an Easter dinner tradition.

Written By: snozberries on 04/02/09 at 6:55 pm

/end rant.

I don't hate people who believe in God Tam... I hate people who use their "faith" in order to judge everyone around them...

I don't believe in god per say but I'm more agnostic than atheist I think....

Anyway- I like the idea I mean if god is what people say he is...all knowing and all loving then I believe, if he exists he loves all people equally no matter what they believe.

God as he has been defined probably could care less if your Christian, Jewish, Muslim or Atheist so long as you've lived your best life.. and I'm willing to guess he doesn't give a rats ass about sexual orientation or abortion....

I say everyone live the life they want to live- and stop trying to force your values and beliefs on everyone else.  that goes for me to  ;)

But seriously... to the few religious nuts out there...DAD! Stop trying to save me... I don't want to be "saved"

Written By: philbo on 04/03/09 at 4:29 am

That does bring to mind the question as to why HAM is an Easter dinner tradition.

Ham is an Easter tradition?  Not round our way... why should it be proscribed, though?  Easter is a pagan festival taken over by Christianity a dozen or so centuries ago to celebrate the death of one particular Jew that the rest of the jews don't treat as anything special...

Written By: MrCleveland on 04/03/09 at 6:54 am

Ham is an Easter tradition?  Not round our way... why should it be proscribed, though?  Easter is a pagan festival taken over by Christianity a dozen or so centuries ago to celebrate the death of one particular Jew that the rest of the jews don't treat as anything special...

Easter, unlike Christmas, fell on the week of Passover. I'll give you the skinny....

Maunday Thursday-For Jews, this was the beginning of Passover which starts on sundown. Since Jesus was a Jew, he celebrated Passover and throughout the 24 hours between 3 p.m. that Thursday and 3 p.m. on Good Friday is probably the longest 24 hours anyone would have.

Good Friday-Since Judaism was strong in the Roman State of Israel, many wanted to still celebrate Passover when Jesus was crucified. This was the reason why the Roman Centurions broke the other prisoner's legs. And Ironically...the one on the Right by Jesus asked for forgiveness.

Easter Sunday-Even though many Jews were celebrating Passover at that time, Jesus' Disciples (minus Judas) were in tenabre (which means darkness)...until Jesus met with them again.

Passover is celebrated on April 8th this year and ends on Tax Day!

Written By: LyricBoy on 04/03/09 at 8:08 am

They had to do SOMETHING with all those Easter eggs, now didn't they?

What better way than a nice dish of ham 'n eggs?

Written By: Philip Eno on 04/03/09 at 8:29 am

For Turkey is already the meal for Christmas?

Written By: Jessica on 04/03/09 at 11:22 am

I'm guessing from all the sales ads for the markets it is.  Ham is on sale everywhere.  I dunno, I don't really pay attention to Easter or anything.  It's just some random holiday where I dye eggs and make a fabulous mess.

They had to do SOMETHING with all those Easter eggs, now didn't they?

What better way than a nice dish of ham 'n eggs?

Well, we hard boil the eggs, so it's more like we eat egg salad for days on end. ;D  Very colorful egg salad, mind you, because that dye does seep into the egg in some places.

Written By: CatwomanofV on 04/03/09 at 11:33 am

For Turkey is already the meal for Christmas?

We always had turkey for Easter, too. But then again, ham is treif (non-kosher). We were the only house on the block to use Easter eggs in our Passover sader.  :D :D ;D ;D ;D

http://seatongarrett.files.wordpress.com/2007/12/kosher-ham1.jpg

Cat

Written By: Reynolds1863 on 04/03/09 at 7:47 pm

Leviticus.

In order to keep kosher it's usually that you do not combine meat and dairy in one dish.  However there are some Jews who don't practice the dietary law.

Written By: Frank on 04/04/09 at 12:27 am

Cat

Exactly. For Christians, Jesus sacrificed Himself, thus no more sacrifices are necessary. He died "once and for all"

Written By: Frank on 04/04/09 at 12:31 am

Very well written, Karma for you!
If you are looking for an interesting book to read (Christianity) , try "Jesus has left the building" by Paul Viera. Neat stuff.

Written By: philbo on 04/06/09 at 7:54 am

In order to keep kosher it's usually that you do not combine meat and dairy in one dish.  However there are some Jews who don't practice the dietary law.

If memory serves "thou shalt not seethe a kid in its mother's milk" was one of the original ten commandments (before Moses had a hissy fit, broke the tablets & went off to get some more).  Strange in a way that this has turned into a generic non-mixing of meat and dairy (unless there's something I've missed).

Written By: Reynolds1863 on 04/06/09 at 8:27 am

If memory serves "thou shalt not seethe a kid in its mother's milk" was one of the original ten commandments (before Moses had a hissy fit, broke the tablets & went off to get some more).  Strange in a way that this has turned into a generic non-mixing of meat and dairy (unless there's something I've missed).

You are correct Sir.  I'm still trying to figure out where Moses mentions Chicken soup with matzo balls. :-\\

Written By: CatwomanofV on 04/06/09 at 11:13 am

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=L940yIeVZzE

Cat

Written By: Reynolds1863 on 04/06/09 at 1:43 pm

Cat

Mel Brooks is sooo cool.

Written By: philbo on 04/07/09 at 7:07 am

:)

...or even http://www.amiright.com/parody/misc/traditional946.shtml

Check for new replies or respond here...