» OLD MESSAGE ARCHIVES «
The Pop Culture Information Society...
Messageboard Archive Index, In The 00s - The Pop Culture Information Society

Welcome to the archived messages from In The 00s. This archive stretches back to 1998 in some instances, and contains a nearly complete record of all the messages posted to inthe00s.com. You will also find an archive of the messages from inthe70s.com, inthe80s.com, inthe90s.com and amiright.com before they were combined to form the inthe00s.com messageboard.

If you are looking for the active messages, please click here. Otherwise, use the links below or on the right hand side of the page to navigate the archives.

Custom Search

Subject: Bobby Jindal's response

Written By: Rice_Cube on 02/24/09 at 11:40 pm

Text here:

http://www.cnn.com/2009/POLITICS/02/24/sotn.jindal.transcript/

He makes some good points, the general fiscal conservative stuff with the added caveat of fighting terrorism.  I suppose I'd like him better if he didn't sound like a cowboy :D

I figure someone else will talk about the President's State of the Whoever address (since it's not a true SOTU or something) so just wanted to set this up as a rebuttal-type thread in case some were to accuse 00ze of being a bunch of partisan hippies 8)

Subject: Re: Bobby Jindal's response

Written By: Rice_Cube on 02/24/09 at 11:42 pm

Here's Obama's speech BTW.  Also a very good speech, it was mediocre at best in giving out details but he delivered it with a lot of emotion and optimism.

http://www.cnn.com/2009/POLITICS/02/24/sotn.obama.transcript/

Written By: MaxwellSmart on 02/25/09 at 2:14 am

He doesn't sound like a cowboy, he sounds like Mister Rogers and his message boils down to: "Katrina 9/11, 9/11 Katrina, and YES WE CAN!"

The inanity was astonishing!
::)

Incidentally, I don't care what the pundits say about how hot goddam Obama's speech was, I thought it was dial-a-cliche! 

Meh, I guess I was feeling despondent tonight and in no mood to listen to political speeches!

Written By: Badfinger-fan on 02/25/09 at 2:23 am

He doesn't sound like a cowboy, he sounds like Mister Rogers and his message boils down to: "Katrina 9/11, 9/11 Katrina, and YES WE CAN!"

The inanity was astonishing!

Incidentally, I don't care what the pundits say about how hot goddam Obama's speech was, I thought it was dial-a-cliche! 

Meh, I guess I was feeling despondent tonight and in no mood to listen to political speeches!

I agree that he went on about the hurricane a bit too much. He reminds me of that Korean stand up comic, the one that sounds like he's a redneck from Texas and that's his real voice. I like Jindal & I'm starting to loosen up on Obama a bit, but is there no passion or spontaneity in Washington? everything is so carefully worded and written and planned. it's boring
Obama is like a professional speech giver. he gives those very well and pretty much says what he thinks people want to hear.

Written By: Reynolds1863 on 02/25/09 at 10:50 am

Anyone hear Chris Mathews say "Oh God." when Bobby got up to speak?  Aaanold said if Bobby wasn't going to take the stimulus he would.  Jindal claims we're giving debt to our Grandchildren.  Newsflash Bobby, if we don't do something our Grandchildren may live in third world conditions.

Written By: danootaandme on 02/25/09 at 11:00 am

Obamas speech? I turned it off, went to sleep.  Jindal?  He's a schmo not worth even talking about.

Written By: Don Carlos on 02/25/09 at 11:35 am

I guess we heard different speeches from Obama.  While it is very true that he was short on details, and there was nothing really new, he did reaffirm his commitment to pursuing his agenda, and he did it with his usual eloquence and panache. 

Jindal's rebuttal was the same tied old Reaganesque "gov't is the problem" schtick. 

Written By: danootaandme on 02/25/09 at 11:41 am

I was watching "The View" and the twerpy little republican apologist mouthpiece wa saying that we shouldn't be looking at the past, but go forward. A lot of the repugs have been saying that.  The ones who for eight years blamed life on Clinton are now very intent on not looking back. 

Written By: CatwomanofV on 02/25/09 at 1:25 pm

I was watching "The View" and the twerpy little republican apologist mouthpiece wa saying that we shouldn't be looking at the past, but go forward. A lot of the repugs have been saying that.  The ones who for eight years blamed life on Clinton are now very intent on not looking back. 

Couldn't have said it better, myself.

Cat

Written By: Macphisto on 02/25/09 at 5:16 pm

I liked much of Jindal's ideas concerning finances, but he scares the crap out of me with some of his social views.

Written By: Reynolds1863 on 02/25/09 at 5:54 pm

I liked much of Jindal's ideas concerning finances, but he scares the crap out of me with some of his social views.

He reminds me of Dinesh D'Souza.  They both scare the crap out of me. :(

Written By: MaxwellSmart on 02/25/09 at 6:25 pm

He reminds me of Dinesh D'Souza.  They both scare the crap out of me. :(

Very much so, though I think D'Souza's a lot brighter than Jindal. 

Jindal's speech was perhaps the most hollow political speech I've ever seen.  It's not that Jindal is particularly dim, but that his rhetoric is full of...well, empty statements.  He poured treacle over the core Republican message, which has now been reduced to:  We don't give a flying f**k about you, your family, or this country, we just don't want a 0.0 tax rate for our rich friends."

Check for new replies or respond here...