» OLD MESSAGE ARCHIVES «
The Pop Culture Information Society...
Messageboard Archive Index, In The 00s - The Pop Culture Information Society

Welcome to the archived messages from In The 00s. This archive stretches back to 1998 in some instances, and contains a nearly complete record of all the messages posted to inthe00s.com. You will also find an archive of the messages from inthe70s.com, inthe80s.com, inthe90s.com and amiright.com before they were combined to form the inthe00s.com messageboard.

If you are looking for the active messages, please click here. Otherwise, use the links below or on the right hand side of the page to navigate the archives.

Custom Search

Subject: Hate Group Numbers Are Rising, Report Says

Written By: Jessica on 02/26/09 at 6:36 pm

http://www.cnn.com/2009/US/02/26/hate.groups.report/index.html

I find it incredibly hilarious that the first guy they mention hates Obama and his last name is "Black".  Dunno why, but that just made me laugh my ass off.

Subject: Re: Hate Group Numbers Are Rising, Report Says

Written By: Reynolds1863 on 02/26/09 at 7:38 pm

Hate groups are frustrated because they can't successfully keep people in fear and "in there place".  Of course Obama is a visual aide for them because it fuels feelings of dwindling superiority.  *Sigh* No one likes a sore loser in the name of progress kids.  First they said black people weren't human and now look who's President.  Time to put the fire hose on those burning crosses and swastikas . . .  game over!!!!

Written By: Rice_Cube on 02/26/09 at 7:41 pm

Blues Brothers to the rescue!

Written By: Reynolds1863 on 02/26/09 at 7:47 pm

Cause they're soul men. 8)

Written By: MaxwellSmart on 02/26/09 at 9:32 pm

(shrugs like Noam Chomsky)

Meh, we can expect more hate group activity as the middle class disintegrates and base survival instincts prevail.

::)

Written By: McDonald on 02/26/09 at 11:44 pm

This was predictable. It's part of a global trend called the 'revenge of identities'. It has to to with globalisation, anti-occidental sentiment, falling birth rates in the occident causing the need for immigration, economic crisis, and also what I call in French 'la société revendicatrice', which is rough to neatly translate, but it basically means a society split up into an indefinite number of special interest groups (ethnic, religious et al...) each demanding their own special recognition, rights, exceptions etc... It also includes savage individualism on the part of those who don't identify with any of these groups (these are usually the native-born, mainstream citizens in Occidental, liberal democracies) but who are still just as demanding.

In reaction to these factors, a number of the native-Occidentals will inevitably end up associating themselves with reactionary groups. Here you can have a plethora of movements ranging from legitimate far-right parties like France's Front nationale to full blown neo-Nazis.   

One thing is for sure, la société revendicatrice is an unhealthy society because the mass factionalisation blocks any meaningful common social projects from advancing, and it turns the State into nothing more than a referee between special interests.

Written By: danootaandme on 02/27/09 at 6:57 am

That is why I stay close to the border.  There are those who don't know their history, or tend to think that "it can't happen here".  Well that may be true, for them.  For me it is a reality that it can happen here and if it does it will happen to me and mine.

Written By: JamieMcBain on 02/27/09 at 10:08 am

I hate Illinois Nazis.

;D

Written By: JamieMcBain on 02/27/09 at 10:16 am

On the serious side, this is so not good news.

By the way, it's the banks and corperate companies fault, for the economic mess, the US is in.

Not immergrants, illegal or other wise.

Idiots.

Written By: danootaandme on 02/27/09 at 10:33 am

^Rightonrightonrighton

Written By: MaxwellSmart on 02/27/09 at 5:33 pm

On the serious side, this is so not good news.

By the way, it's the banks and corperate companies fault, for the economic mess, the US is in.

Folks are figuring this out.  They're out of money and out of lies--for real this time. 

How many times did Bobby Jindal say "We believe in you!"  The guy had nothing to say because there was nothing to be said.  The banks and the corporations peed in their chili now it's time to kick them to the curb!

Written By: Macphisto on 02/27/09 at 6:52 pm

This was predictable. It's part of a global trend called the 'revenge of identities'. It has to to with globalisation, anti-occidental sentiment, falling birth rates in the occident causing the need for immigration, economic crisis, and also what I call in French 'la société revendicatrice', which is rough to neatly translate, but it basically means a society split up into an indefinite number of special interest groups (ethnic, religious et al...) each demanding their own special recognition, rights, exceptions etc... It also includes savage individualism on the part of those who don't identify with any of these groups (these are usually the native-born, mainstream citizens in Occidental, liberal democracies) but who are still just as demanding.

In reaction to these factors, a number of the native-Occidentals will inevitably end up associating themselves with reactionary groups. Here you can have a plethora of movements ranging from legitimate far-right parties like France's Front nationale to full blown neo-Nazis.   

One thing is for sure, la société revendicatrice is an unhealthy society because the mass factionalisation blocks any meaningful common social projects from advancing, and it turns the State into nothing more than a referee between special interests.

As far as the political climate here goes, a lot of the reason for more white people moving toward the hate groups is because immigration law really isn't being enforced.

Conservatives don't want to deal with illegals because they profit from them, while liberals want to cash in on a massive potential voting bloc (if they are given amnesty).

Personally, I don't like the hate groups or either party concerning immigration.  I just think we should enforce the laws on the books.

Restricting immigration to only those with high amounts of skill or wealth would be nice too, but that wouldn't be politically correct.  It would be practical though, since we already have a surplus of poor people.

Written By: Red Ant on 02/27/09 at 7:43 pm

http://www.cnn.com/2009/US/02/26/hate.groups.report/index.html

I find it incredibly hilarious that the first guy they mention hates Obama and his last name is "Black".  Dunno why, but that just made me laugh my ass off.

It is pretty funny.  ;D

From that article:

"The site boasts 110,000 registered members today, Black said."

Whoop-dee-do, Black. Just like nearly every other board on the internet, about 5% of those people are active and less than 1% are daily posters.

More hate groups is probably a good thing from the perspective that the more they branch out and become fragmented, the lesser their impact will be. One "hate group" with 2 million members is a lot more dangerous than 20,000 100 member groups.

The ones that are pissed over illegal immigration need to blame the companies that use 21st century slave labor instead of the slaves.

signature banned as well

Written By: MaxwellSmart on 02/27/09 at 8:38 pm

Conservatives don't want to deal with illegals because they profit from them, while liberals want to cash in on a massive potential voting bloc (if they are given amnesty).

There are plenty of white liberals who profit from illegal immigration every day.  You don't have to be a conservative to hire undocumented workers.  Doesn't this attest to your low opinion of conservatives just a bit?
???

Furthermore, the way it's going for the Republicans, they'd better worry about hanging on to a few native born voters!
:D

Written By: Macphisto on 02/27/09 at 11:58 pm

There are plenty of white liberals who profit from illegal immigration every day.  You don't have to be a conservative to hire undocumented workers.  Doesn't this attest to your low opinion of conservatives just a bit?
???

Furthermore, the way it's going for the Republicans, they'd better worry about hanging on to a few native born voters!
:D

True.  All you have to be to hire illegals is cheap and shameless.  Unfortunately, that describes a lot of business owners.

Check for new replies or respond here...