» OLD MESSAGE ARCHIVES «
The Pop Culture Information Society...
Messageboard Archive Index, In The 00s - The Pop Culture Information Society

Welcome to the archived messages from In The 00s. This archive stretches back to 1998 in some instances, and contains a nearly complete record of all the messages posted to inthe00s.com. You will also find an archive of the messages from inthe70s.com, inthe80s.com, inthe90s.com and amiright.com before they were combined to form the inthe00s.com messageboard.

If you are looking for the active messages, please click here. Otherwise, use the links below or on the right hand side of the page to navigate the archives.

Custom Search

Subject: Yet Another Obama Nominee with a "Tax Mistake"

Written By: LyricBoy on 03/02/09 at 10:01 pm

http://www.washingtonpost.com/wp-dyn/content/article/2009/03/02/AR2009030202400.html?hpid=topnews

Seems that we have yet another nominee who "made a mistake" on his taxes.

US Trade Representative nominee Ron Kirk made the "mistake" of thinking that when you get paid $37,500 to make speeches, you have to pay tax on it.

You mean people really have to pay tax on earned income?  Yeah, I can see getting that wrong.  ::)

Subject: Re: Yet Another Obama Nominee with a "Tax Mistake"

Written By: MaxwellSmart on 03/03/09 at 2:25 am

I know people who owe the IRS ten grand and they're not monsters!  They wouldn't say torturing human beings is the right thing to do and start illegal wars in the Middle East! 

I mean, come on, this is piddly-sh*t.  Do you hear me?  PIDDLY-SH*T!

The Newt Deal is over. 

We need to get back to the business of picking up the mess 28 years of catastrophic right-wing rule has wrought and try to salvage our Democratic Republic.

Kirk owes the IRS 10K.  I think he can work something out!  I mean, Jesus Christ....

::)

Written By: philbo on 03/03/09 at 4:21 am

US Trade Representative nominee Ron Kirk made the "mistake" of thinking that when you get paid $37,500 to make speeches, you have to pay tax on it.

er.. it's a "mistake" to think you have to pay tax on income?  Now I *am* confused.

Kirk owes the IRS 10K.  I think he can work something out!  I mean, Jesus Christ....

Yeah.. but it's *news* when it's an Obama supporter... it's kind of expected for Republicans ;)

Written By: MaxwellSmart on 03/03/09 at 10:58 am

er.. it's a "mistake" to think you have to pay tax on income?  Now I *am* confused.
Yeah.. but it's *news* when it's an Obama supporter... it's kind of expected for Republicans ;)

It's not very glamorous is it?  He owes the IRS 10K.  He might be a middle class guy with middle class problems.  Scary!
::)

Written By: Dagwood on 03/03/09 at 7:27 pm

I think he needs to keep nominating people who owe the IRS.  All our financial problems may be solved. ;D

Written By: Jessica on 03/04/09 at 11:02 am

I think he needs to keep nominating people who owe the IRS.  All our financial problems may be solved. ;D

Maybe that's his secret plan. :o

Check for new replies or respond here...