» OLD MESSAGE ARCHIVES «
The Pop Culture Information Society...
Messageboard Archive Index, In The 00s - The Pop Culture Information Society

Welcome to the archived messages from In The 00s. This archive stretches back to 1998 in some instances, and contains a nearly complete record of all the messages posted to inthe00s.com. You will also find an archive of the messages from inthe70s.com, inthe80s.com, inthe90s.com and amiright.com before they were combined to form the inthe00s.com messageboard.

If you are looking for the active messages, please click here. Otherwise, use the links below or on the right hand side of the page to navigate the archives.

Custom Search

Subject: Vince Li pleads not guilty ...

Written By: whistledog on 03/03/09 at 9:22 pm

... by reason of insanity.  The notorious "Greyhound bus killer" apparently beheaded 22 year old Tim McLean because god told him to ...

http://www.google.com/hostednews/canadianpress/article/ALeqM5g6yzZOswjctLEjNXiUzmeHDRbY2w

Subject: Re: Vince Li pleads not guilty ...

Written By: Macphisto on 03/03/09 at 9:26 pm

One of the only things I liked that Jesse Helms did was create the ruling of "guilty but insane."

Hopefully, Canada will follow suit eventually.

Even if you're insane, if you killed somebody, you are guilty.

I don't normally support the death penalty, but in this case, it might be an act of mercy to off this guy.

Written By: Red Ant on 03/03/09 at 9:59 pm

The following emoticon is directed solely toward the article:

::)

signature banned as well

Written By: MaxwellSmart on 03/03/09 at 10:45 pm

It sounds like paranoid schizophrenia. It bears repeating:  The number of people with schizophrenia who become violent is smaller than the population at large.

However, hen schizophrenics DO become violent, it can be the scariest thing in the world!

Written By: Reynolds1863 on 03/03/09 at 11:34 pm

I believe it was Nietzche that said something of the effect that if one talks to God it's considered prayer.  If God talks to you it's taken as delusion.  I'm pondering this if every act of violence done in the name of religion ends with an insanity plea.  Is it possible for a court to restrict religion based on that?  As for Vince he did request to be killed.  Canada won't do that of course.  The plea of wanting to die could be interpreted as a sense of guilt.

Written By: MaxwellSmart on 03/04/09 at 6:59 pm

I believe it was Nietzche that said something of the effect that if one talks to God it's considered prayer.  If God talks to you it's taken as delusion.  I'm pondering this if every act of violence done in the name of religion ends with an insanity plea.  Is it possible for a court to restrict religion based on that?  As for Vince he did request to be killed.  Canada won't do that of course.  The plea of wanting to die could be interpreted as a sense of guilt.

He should have done it in Houston!  They've got an express lane for capital punishment there!  Plus it would give American yahoos another reason to hate Canada when demands for Li's extradition came for Ottawa!
http://www.inthe00s.com/smile/02/behead.gif

Written By: Tiramisu on 03/05/09 at 3:47 pm

i think they should have locked him into a psych ward for good. now that they have not given any kind of justice, canadians are going to want things like the death penalty more.

Written By: Reynolds1863 on 03/05/09 at 5:18 pm

i think they should have locked him into a psych ward for good. now that they have not given any kind of justice, canadians are going to want things like the death penalty more.

Where he can make the other patients miserable.  What did they do to deserve to have to deal with a guy like that day in and day out?  Ah yes bring on the lynch mob for someone who wants to die anyway.

Written By: MaxwellSmart on 03/05/09 at 5:55 pm

Hop on the bus, Gus
You don't need to discuss much
Just drop off the key, Li
And get yourself free...

:D

Written By: Red Ant on 03/05/09 at 8:17 pm

Hop on the bus, Gus
You don't need to discuss much
Just drop off the key, Li
And get yourself free...

:D

50 Ways To Kill A Stranger...

signature removed as well

Check for new replies or respond here...