» OLD MESSAGE ARCHIVES «
The Pop Culture Information Society...
Messageboard Archive Index, In The 00s - The Pop Culture Information Society

Welcome to the archived messages from In The 00s. This archive stretches back to 1998 in some instances, and contains a nearly complete record of all the messages posted to inthe00s.com. You will also find an archive of the messages from inthe70s.com, inthe80s.com, inthe90s.com and amiright.com before they were combined to form the inthe00s.com messageboard.

If you are looking for the active messages, please click here. Otherwise, use the links below or on the right hand side of the page to navigate the archives.

Custom Search

Subject: GORE EXPOSED!

Written By: saver on 03/10/09 at 11:57 pm

Only writing now when something really gets obvious..
Recently Al Gore was 'cofronted' in an appearance by someone who asked for simply a debate on what he has spewed behind the money people onthis GLOBAL condition..

AND HE SAID NO..along with ALL THIS TIME HE NEVER HAS EVEN DEBATED ONE PERSON on his standpoint!

What a fraud!

Not ONE debate on all he has gotten his OSCAR and awards for.. WAKE UP AMERICA!

Subject: Re: GORE EXPOSED!

Written By: snozberries on 03/11/09 at 12:00 am

Only writing now when something really gets obvious..
Recently Al Gore was 'cofronted' in an appearance by someone who asked for simply a debate on what he has spewed behind the money people onthis GLOBAL condition..

AND HE SAID NO..along with ALL THIS TIME HE NEVER HAS EVEN DEBATED ONE PERSON on his standpoint!

What a fraud!

Not ONE debate on all he has gotten his OSCAR and awards for.. WAKE UP AMERICA!

what's there to debate? He has an opinion and has stated it time and again..... plus... what do you mean when you say he's "spewed behind the money people on this global condition"  again you come and post something but don't bother to clarify your point.

Written By: saver on 03/11/09 at 12:15 am

what's there to debate? He has an opinion and has stated it time and again..... plus... what do you mean when you say he's "spewed behind the money people on this global condition"  again you come and post something but don't bother to clarify your point.

I am talking about all the BS GLOBAL WARMING SCARE talk Gore has CONSTANTLY been speaking WHO DO YOU THINK HE GATES PAID FROM..The MONEY PEOPLE who will benefit from him scaring everyone that this place is falling apart and melting away.

Is that clear enough?
I have always been against the bull he has been promoting(did you jump onto the bandwagon and pay money to him and his industrial supporters?) then you were taken!

I'm just spreading the word.

Did you see how stunned he was when someone actually challenged his campaign of global warming.

And I would be fair if the majority of science FACT would point we have such a big problem to worry about..I would then support THEIR evidence and admit the ones saying we have no problems were in the wrong ..But I have taken it that Gore had to get his money from somewhere and look who's giving it to him.

(The guy's own stae wouldn't support him in the BIG election even!) 

Written By: Jessica on 03/11/09 at 12:24 am

Spread the word when you can type a coherent sentence.

Gore used to be cool, but now his talk of global warming and how WE'RE ALL GONNA DIE!!!!111 is annoying, especially when he doesn't practice what he preaches.

I think most of the global warming that is happening is coming from his well fed mouth that's full of hot air.

Written By: snozberries on 03/11/09 at 12:28 am

I am talking about all the BS GLOBAL WARMING SCARE talk Gore has CONSTANTLY been speaking WHO DO YOU THINK HE GATES PAID FROM..The MONEY PEOPLE who will benefit from him scaring everyone that this place is falling apart and melting away.

Its possible to have a civilized discussion without the caps...

Is that clear enough?

not really but at least its clearer-ish

I have always been against the bull he has been promoting(did you jump onto the bandwagon and pay money to him and his industrial supporters?) then you were taken!

no I didn't but suddenly I wish I had.... you can't deny that- oh I don't know- being even a little green- bears some merit... we are using this planets resources at an alarming rate but whatever...  you are entitled to your opinion....

you always claim to be doing this but its so hard to follow your posts because you rarely back up you "facts" with proof... if its just your opinion that's one thing but you tend to claim so and so said this  or did that but never give us links to the stuff... I'd like to see a link to this exchange where Gore declined to debate someone...I mean right now all I have is your word and I don't trust you to make an unbaised statement.   

Did you see how stunned he was when someone actually challenged his campaign of global warming.

No, I didn't..... can you show it to me?

And I would be fair if the majority of science FACT would point we have such a big problem to worry about..I would then support THEIR evidence and admit the ones saying we have no problems were in the wrong ..But I have taken it that Gore had to get his money from somewhere and look who's giving it to him.

(The guy's own stae wouldn't support him in the BIG election even!)   

I think there are other shows, not just Gore's movie that show the drain of the resources on the planet... I recall one particularly effective one on discovery about the human foot print... see the trailer http://i85.photobucket.com/albums/k45/ringon/mushroom_cloud.jpg]here

Written By: Foo Bar on 03/11/09 at 12:31 am

Whew, and for a moment I turned images off because I thought this was a thread about an Al Gore sex tape.

Written By: Jessica on 03/11/09 at 12:34 am

Whew, and for a moment I turned images off because I thought this was a thread about an Al Gore sex tape.

You get karma!

Written By: saver on 03/11/09 at 12:50 am

Its possible to have a civilized discussion without the caps...
The caps were there to highlight points -(sorry I wasn;t part of the subculture that takes CAPS as screams...not meant to do that

you always claim to be doing this but its so hard to follow your posts because you rarely back up you "facts" with proof... if its just your opinion that's one thing but you tend to claim so and so said this  or did that but never give us links to the stuff... I'd like to see a link to this exchange where Gore declined to debate someone...I mean right now all I have is your word and I don't trust you to make an unbaised statement.   

No, I didn't..... can you show it to me?

I think there are other shows, not just Gore's movie that show the drain of the resources on the planet... I recall one particularly effective one on discovery about the human foot print... see the trailer http://i85.photobucket.com/albums/k45/ringon/mushroom_cloud.jpg]here

If part of this answer melted into the quotes, I have no idea of all the little pastings that can be done..

ANyway...
I heard of the AL Gore confrontation on the DENNIS MILLER radio show when he brought up the latest appearance of Mr. Gore and Dennis stated how he was ash white when someone actually asked for a one on one debate..so Itrust what Mr. Miller had to say..he then went on to state he couldn't think of 1 time Gore ever debated anyone..if this wasn't true , apparently no one else found this untrue and called in to challenge that.

So I am going by Dennis' mention the reaction Al Gore had. And comical as Dennis has been in the past, he believes  his mention how the oceans in 300+? years will have encroached another 1/2 or 3/4 inch of beach ..I guess I could live with that ..just move another inch away!

That's my credible source.

Keeping green is fine too but call the 'problem' as it is..MOST of the dangerous pollution in the world or US is coming from 'coal burning plants!' I am very annoyed when states like CA are taking 15 year old cars away from people claiming the emissions as the problems when there are thousands more problems from coal plant pollution. 

And as for the bias as to debating if there is global dangers..I leave with this site as an eye opener..so we don't keep re-stating and regurgitating Gore..I brought him up again after hearing of his latest appearance.

This article is just some research I am submitting..GO GREEN, but really will charging for plastic grocery bags change anything enough:

http://www.infowars.com/global-warming-censored-how-the-major-networks-silence-the-debate-on-climate-change/

Written By: Don Carlos on 03/11/09 at 10:30 am

Yes Dennis Miller has his own radio show.  So do Rush and Sean.  Miller also appears on Bill's show.  Just about any blow hard can get on the radio. If you lay down with pigs long enough, you're going to smell like a pig.  These guys are all wind bags with nothing new to say and nothing credible.
The evidence of climate change is all around, from melting glaciers the world over, to the disappearing polar ice caps.  Some of that may  be part of a natural cycle, but clearly, the levels of greenhouse gasses have increased drastically over the last few decades from both coal fired power plants and many other sources, including auto emissions. 

Written By: Tia on 03/11/09 at 11:01 am

im sure if we listen to the climate change deniers it'll turn out just as well as when we listened to the exact same people tell us iraq had WMDs, FEMA was doing a heckuva job in new orleans, and the fundamentals of the economy were strong.

i mean, really, is anyone still listening to these people? how many more things do they have to get wrong before they finally, finally, at long, long last, sit the fK down and STFU?

Written By: Reynolds1863 on 03/11/09 at 11:23 am

So what?  So he's never debated anyone.  Is it really necessary to debate this?  Does anyone feel a rush to debate conservatives every comment they make?  Besides Gore is a private citizen now which is contrary to the tone of Saver's attack.

Written By: CatwomanofV on 03/11/09 at 12:09 pm

I knew someone was going to say something along these lines. I had this mental image of Gore in a trench coat going around flashing people.

Cat

Written By: statsqueen on 03/11/09 at 1:10 pm

I knew someone was going to say something along these lines. I had this mental image of Gore in a trench coat going around flashing people.

Cat

Please pass the brain bleach......

Written By: snozberries on 03/11/09 at 1:34 pm

Yes Dennis Miller has his own radio show.  So do Rush and Sean.  Miller also appears on Bill's show.  Just about any blow hard can get on the radio. If you lay down with pigs long enough, you're going to smell like a pig.  These guys are all wind bags with nothing new to say and nothing credible.
The evidence of climate change is all around, from melting glaciers the world over, to the disappearing polar ice caps.  Some of that may  be part of a natural cycle, but clearly, the levels of greenhouse gasses have increased drastically over the last few decades from both coal fired power plants and many other sources, including auto emissions. 

The Don has spoken...and by doing so has earned karma.  :)

Written By: Reynolds1863 on 03/11/09 at 2:33 pm

Please pass the brain bleach......

*hands her a bottle of gray matter clorax*

You should use the whole thing.

Written By: Mushroom on 03/11/09 at 5:12 pm

There is simply no debate, because to many people have their minds totally made up, and nothing like counter-facts will ever convince them otherwise.

Sea Levels rising?  How on earth is that new?  The Earth has been warming for the last 15,000 years.  Anybody that has half a brain knows about the Beringia.  When that existed (roughly 16kya, during the last Glacial Maximum), sea levels were 130 meters lower then they are today.

And at the last Interglacial Optimum, Sea Levels were 8-10 meters higher then today, and temperatures were an average of 2 centigrade warmer.  There were rainforests above the Arctic Circle, Finalnd, and Greenland.

Of course, when I first read the subject, something else totally came to mind:

http://vwt.d2g.com:8081/assets_c/2007/10/gore_naked_butt_IMG_6713-thumb-420x546-thumb-420x546.jpg

Written By: Satish on 03/11/09 at 9:57 pm

There's enough scientific evidence as to the existence of global warming to let it speak for itself.

Good for Al Gore, trying to spread the knowledge and make the world a better place. It's a crying shame he had the election stolen from him eight years ago. We all know that we'd be much better off today if only he'd have been the President during that time.

Written By: MaxwellSmart on 03/12/09 at 1:31 am

Yes Dennis Miller has his own radio show.  So do Rush and Sean.  Miller also appears on Bill's show.  Just about any blow hard can get on the radio. If you lay down with pigs long enough, you're going to smell like a pig. 

That's why they were all against those earmarks for studying pig odors.

As for, Al, boy, you've caught him.  He's busted!  His day is OVER! 

His state was stolen from him as was the country, but no matter.  He is done!  He has not set up any debates! 

"Erm, can I schedule some debates now?"

Sorry Al, you're too late!  You have nothing legit to say.  We can go back to driving Hummers and eating baby seals for snacks at the movies. 

Yeah, I too thought I was going to see Tipper's best friend here, but you know, you can't have it all!  Oh well, I couldn't be more elated with the news from Saver.  Al Gore is a big phony!!!!

http://www.inthe00s.com/smile/10/ylsuper.gif

Written By: Macphisto on 03/12/09 at 8:55 pm

Al Gore's connection to global warming is little more than a reaction to what the energy lobby started.

In the beginning, global warming was a purely scientific topic for scientists to explore.  At some point, the energy lobby decided it didn't like what it was hearing and how it could affect consumption and pollution.  So, they bought a bunch of scientists for their own purposes.

Then, a "debate" began.  To counter this, environmentalists like Gore went on their own separate crusade.

So now, a topic that should've remained empirical has become political.  Gore might be a key figure in this, but the energy lobby (particularly oil companies) is the group most responsible for corrupting this topic.

Written By: Mushroom on 03/12/09 at 9:08 pm

There's enough scientific evidence as to the existence of global warming to let it speak for itself.

There is nobody that denies that Global Warming exists.  It is a fact.  The Earth has been warming for the last 15k years.

However, the verdict is very much out as to it being Natural or Man Made Global Warming.

Sadly, there is little debate on this in reality because anybody that does not support the Man Made theory is accused of being either a tool of big business, or a lunatic/idiot.

Written By: Tia on 03/12/09 at 9:43 pm

Sadly, there is little debate on this in reality because anybody that does not support the Man Made theory is accused of being either a tool of big business, or a lunatic/idiot.
yes, much like the totally unfair way those who seek the truth about how the moonshot was faked are treated.

Written By: Macphisto on 03/12/09 at 10:41 pm

There is nobody that denies that Global Warming exists.  It is a fact.  The Earth has been warming for the last 15k years.

However, the verdict is very much out as to it being Natural or Man Made Global Warming.

Well, there is pretty much undeniable proof we have an effect on it.

Now, admittedly, our effect is relatively small.  The main problem is that we're accelerating the effects of a cyclical system.  We're speeding towards a major climate shift a little earlier than we were supposed to, which means life over the next few centuries is going to be a little rougher than normal.

Written By: MaxwellSmart on 03/12/09 at 11:55 pm

Well, there is pretty much undeniable proof we have an effect on it.

Now, admittedly, our effect is relatively small.  The main problem is that we're accelerating the effects of a cyclical system.  We're speeding towards a major climate shift a little earlier than we were supposed to, which means life over the next few centuries is going to be a little rougher than normal.

Are you assuming we will be able to return to Mayfield in the 23rd century?
???

Written By: statsqueen on 03/13/09 at 8:20 pm

*hands her a bottle of gray matter clorax*

You should use the whole thing.

Thanks!!!!!!

Written By: robby76 on 03/17/09 at 12:47 am

I agree with this. Whether it's natural or man-made, we should strive for cleaner air and protect nature.

Written By: Mushroom on 03/17/09 at 6:32 am

I agree with this. Whether it's natural or man-made, we should strive for cleaner air and protect nature.

In this I agree 100%.

And as proof, as of this Friday I am going to be parking my car, and will not drive for the next year.  8)

Written By: Tia on 03/17/09 at 8:06 am

with all due, i doubt your carbon footprint will actually get smaller when you go help prosecute a resource war in the mideast. :)

Written By: MaxwellSmart on 03/17/09 at 5:13 pm

with all due, i doubt your carbon footprint will actually get smaller when you go help prosecute a resource war in the mideast. :)

Drop and give me twenty!
http://www.inthe00s.com/smile/12/disgust.gif

Written By: Mushroom on 03/17/09 at 8:11 pm

Actually, I am going to be stationed in Qatar.  We are there as part of a commitment to provide Air Missile Defense to te region.

However, if I am sent into combat (50-50 chance), it will be in Afganistan.

Check for new replies or respond here...