» OLD MESSAGE ARCHIVES «
The Pop Culture Information Society...
Messageboard Archive Index, In The 00s - The Pop Culture Information Society

Welcome to the archived messages from In The 00s. This archive stretches back to 1998 in some instances, and contains a nearly complete record of all the messages posted to inthe00s.com. You will also find an archive of the messages from inthe70s.com, inthe80s.com, inthe90s.com and amiright.com before they were combined to form the inthe00s.com messageboard.

If you are looking for the active messages, please click here. Otherwise, use the links below or on the right hand side of the page to navigate the archives.

Custom Search

Subject: Vatican backs abortion row bishop

Written By: SemperYoda on 03/12/09 at 12:48 pm

http://news.bbc.co.uk/2/hi/americas/7930380.stm

Did any of you see this?  I am kind of speechless in a way.  They continue to have no ounce of compassion at all.  The girl was 9 years old, how can they even think that she should go through the pregnancy of twins?   

Subject: Re: Vatican backs abortion row bishop

Written By: Jessica on 03/12/09 at 12:58 pm

http://news.bbc.co.uk/2/hi/americas/7930380.stm

Did any of you see this?  I am kind of speechless in a way.  They continue to have no ounce of compassion at all.  The girl was 9 years old, how can they even think that she should go through the pregnancy of twins?   

I read it yesterday, and was so disgusted and pissed off that I wanted to beat the sh*t out of my computer.

I like the part where they didn't excommunicate her stepfather.  Then again, what can you expect from a church that allows child touchers to speak for God?

Written By: Reynolds1863 on 03/12/09 at 5:31 pm

Apparently being a rapist is not a mortal sin in Catholicism.  Just ask any priest who's ever been transfered instead of prosecuted for molesting someone.  It's all F*cked up.  No compassion for the living what so ever.  That little girl and her Mother will be miserable for the rest of their lives.

Written By: JamieMcBain on 03/12/09 at 5:49 pm

But being rapist should be consider one.

It's moments like these, that makes me ashamed to be Catholic.

Written By: Reynolds1863 on 03/12/09 at 6:12 pm

Byt being rapist should be consider one.

It's moments like these, that makes me ashamed to be Catholic.

If the Catholic Church was worried about the number of members and how it projects itself to the world they should be even more worried.  Why do I see anti-Catholism on the rise after this stunt?

Written By: MaxwellSmart on 03/12/09 at 7:19 pm

Brazil only permits abortions in cases of rape or health risks to the mother.

Duh!  A nine-year-old girl might be able to conceive twins, but carrying twins to term at that age can very well be fatal for both mother and twins.  How can the Church be so deaf to reason?  Sick, sick, sick!

>:(

Written By: Macphisto on 03/12/09 at 8:47 pm

Catholic Chuch and reason should not be used in the same sentence unless that sentence is "The Catholic Church is the reason why so many choir boys get molested."

Written By: thereshegoes on 03/18/09 at 6:28 pm

You know what the doctor who did the procedure said? "Thank God i was excommunicated 'cause there's no doubt in my mind i did the right thing". The Catholic Church is going to extremes to loose their followers these days ::)

Written By: MaxwellSmart on 03/18/09 at 6:49 pm

You know what the doctor who did the procedure said? "Thank God i was excommunicated 'cause there's no doubt in my mind i did the right thing". The Catholic Church is going to extremes to loose their followers these days ::)

Oooh, excomm is the biggie!  You can kill ten people and as long as you're still a Catholic, you can still ask God to forgive you...and He might.  If you're excommunicated, well, then the phone's disconnected....

:o

Written By: thereshegoes on 03/18/09 at 6:53 pm

Oooh, excomm is the biggie!  You can kill ten people and as long as you're still a Catholic, you can still ask God to forgive you...and He might.  If you're excommunicated, well, then the phone's disconnected....

:o

Ah but what would Jesus do?

Written By: Macphisto on 03/18/09 at 8:38 pm

Catholicism: because funny hats and playing pretend aren't just for kids.

Written By: thereshegoes on 03/19/09 at 7:26 pm

Catholicism: because funny hats and playing pretend aren't just for kids.

:D

In a way i think this way is better, in the future the Catholic Church will be seen as just another wacky cult. The more they act this way and with the Pope keeps spreading lies about "condoms are to blame for aids", more people will leave for good. Catholicism is dragging itself so far away from reality until one day all left are old priests and bishops living in Vatican city and preaching for eachother.

Written By: LyricBoy on 03/19/09 at 7:47 pm

:D

In a way i think this way is better, in the future the Catholic Church will be seen as just another wacky cult. The more they act this way and with the Pope keeps spreading lies about "condoms are to blame for aids", more people will leave for good. Catholicism is dragging itself so far away from reality until one day all left are old priests and bishops living in Vatican city and preaching for eachother.

Doubtful.  Catholicism has been around for what, 2000+ years?  It is hundreds of years older than Islam.  Of course merely a young pup compared to Judaism.

Vatican stats confirm growth of church
Catholic Spirit, March 2007, In Our World
By John Thavis
Catholic News Service

The latest Vatican statistics confirm that the church’s population and ministerial workforce are continuing to shift to developing countries, especially those in Africa and Asia.

Figures released Feb. 12 showed that the overall number of Catholics increased to nearly 1.12 billion at the end of 2005, an increase of 1.5 percent from the previous year.

The Catholic growth rate was slightly higher than the rate of overall population increase, which was 1.2 percent. Catholics now represent 17.2 percent of the global population, the Vatican said.

The statistics were released in connection with the presentation of the 2007 edition of the Vatican yearbook, known as the Annuario Pontificio, which catalogs the church’s presence in each diocese.

The church’s population grew fastest in Africa, where the number of Catholics increased 3.1 percent in 2005, about half a percentage point higher than the overall population growth rate on the continent.

In Asia, the number of Catholics was up 2.7 percent, and in the Americas up 1.2 percent. In Europe, there was a very slight increase in the number of Catholics, the Vatican said.

Similar geographical differences were reflected in the number of priests and seminarians.

The number of Catholic priests around the world was 406,411 at the end of 2005. That was an increase of 520, or about 0.1 percent, over the previous year.
Broken down by continent, the increase was 3.8 percent in Asia and 3.6 percent in Africa. Europe and the Americas showed a decrease of about half a percentage point in the number of priests, while the number dropped 1.8 percent in Oceania.

The global distribution of priests continued to swing slowly toward Africa and Asia, which at the end of 2005 had 20.3 percent of the world’s priests; in 1985, that number was about 11 percent. Europe continued to lose priests and was home to 48.8 percent of the world total; in 1985, Europe had 58 percent of the world’s priests.

The distribution numbers were relatively unchanged for the Americas, which has about 30 percent of the total number of priests, and for Oceania, which has about 1 percent of the total.

Regarding seminarians, the Vatican said that globally the number increased 1.2 percent in 2005, from 113,044 to 114,439.

Written By: MaxwellSmart on 03/19/09 at 7:51 pm

Every person the Christians get is one the Muslims don't!  You go, Jesus!
:-\\

Written By: Macphisto on 03/19/09 at 7:52 pm

Catholicism's main source of growth is the lack of birth control usage by its members.

It's kind of a self-serving agenda for the Church to promote sex only for procreation.

Written By: LyricBoy on 03/19/09 at 8:00 pm

Catholicism's main source of growth is the lack of birth control usage by its members.

It's kind of a self-serving agenda for the Church to promote sex only for procreation.

Sshhhhh! Don't let our secret out!  ;D

Written By: MaxwellSmart on 03/19/09 at 8:05 pm

Every sperm is sacred, every sperm is good, every sperm is needed in your neighborhood....

http://www.inthe00s.com/smile/15/sign17.gif

Written By: LyricBoy on 03/19/09 at 8:18 pm

Every sperm is sacred, every sperm is good, every sperm is needed in your neighborhood....

http://www.inthe00s.com/smile/15/sign17.gif

We Catholic muther truckers NEVER tarp our load!  ;D

Written By: MaxwellSmart on 03/20/09 at 6:07 pm

We Catholic muther truckers NEVER tarp our load!  ;D

Harry Blackitt: Look at them, bloody Catholics, filling the bloody world up with bloody people they can't afford to bloody feed.
Mrs. Blackitt: What are we dear?
Harry Blackitt: Protestant, and fiercely proud of it.
Mrs. Blackitt: Hmm. Well, why do they have so many children?
Harry Blackitt: Because... every time they have sexual intercourse, they have to have a baby.
Mrs. Blackitt: But it's the same with us, Harry.
Harry Blackitt: What do you mean?
Mrs. Blackitt: Well, I mean, we've got two children, and we've had sexual intercourse twice...

Written By: thereshegoes on 03/20/09 at 7:13 pm

Harry Blackitt: Look at them, bloody Catholics, filling the bloody world up with bloody people they can't afford to bloody feed.
Harry Blackitt: Because... every time they have sexual intercourse, they have to have a baby.
Mrs. Blackitt: Well, I mean, we've got two children, and we've had sexual intercourse twice...

;D

Catholics always knew how to have fun that's for sure.

Written By: Reynolds1863 on 03/23/09 at 8:56 pm

This being said while dozens of Catholic children of the family next door are being sent for medical experiment by their Dad.

Written By: philbo on 03/24/09 at 5:37 am

Sshhhhh! Don't let our secret out!   ;D

"Secret"???

I thought it was the proclaimed principle of the Catholic church...

As odious, self-serving organizations go, the Catholic church is possibly the most odious and self-serving ever invented by man (and it most definitely was invented by man, in both the ).  Rather like the Pope telling Africans not to use condoms to prevent the spread of AIDS...

Written By: MaxwellSmart on 03/24/09 at 12:09 pm

"Secret"???

I thought it was the proclaimed principle of the Catholic church...

As odious, self-serving organizations go, the Catholic church is possibly the most odious and self-serving ever invented by man (and it most definitely was invented by man, in both the ).  Rather like the Pope telling Africans not to use condoms to prevent the spread of AIDS...

The Vatican knows the best way to prevent AIDS is to keep it in your pants.  And no flying solo!

Why not?

Because the Bible tells us it's a sin.

Where does it say that?

Shut your noise, you!  Say three Hail Marys and go do your homework.

http://www.inthe00s.com/smile/10/twak.gif

Check for new replies or respond here...