» OLD MESSAGE ARCHIVES «
The Pop Culture Information Society...
Messageboard Archive Index, In The 00s - The Pop Culture Information Society

Welcome to the archived messages from In The 00s. This archive stretches back to 1998 in some instances, and contains a nearly complete record of all the messages posted to inthe00s.com. You will also find an archive of the messages from inthe70s.com, inthe80s.com, inthe90s.com and amiright.com before they were combined to form the inthe00s.com messageboard.

If you are looking for the active messages, please click here. Otherwise, use the links below or on the right hand side of the page to navigate the archives.

Custom Search

Subject: Fox News just making crap up at this point...

Written By: ChuckyG on 03/16/09 at 9:22 pm

http://thinkprogress.org/2009/03/16/fox-news-fundamentals/

Really shameless.  Utterly, and without question. 

Subject: Re: Fox News just making crap up at this point...

Written By: Mushroom on 03/17/09 at 6:38 am

Does anybody really deny that the fundamentals of our economy are strong?

Written By: ChuckyG on 03/17/09 at 7:21 am

Does anybody really deny that the fundamentals of our economy are strong?

yes... and they should.  30 to 1 leveraged hedge funds are pretty f'in stupid and a large house of cards ready to collapse.

Taking a 6 month old clip of Biden and sticking it in a broadcast to make it look like he said something this week that he was quoting John McCain saying last year however is very underhanded.

Written By: MaxwellSmart on 03/17/09 at 7:33 am

FOX has always written its own fiction about the state of affairs.  The problem for them now is their side is caught with the smoking gun.  They're a one trick pony and the game is up. 

I don't see where the fundamentals of our economy are strong.  Our country is dying.

Written By: Don Carlos on 03/17/09 at 9:44 am

Strong or weak isn't the point.  The point is that Foux News lies through its teeth.  True enough, but nothing new(s).

Written By: MaxwellSmart on 03/17/09 at 5:11 pm

Strong or weak isn't the point.  The point is that Foux News lies through its teeth.  True enough, but nothing new(s).

Maybe they ain't lying...I mean, maybe they REALLY believe it...and if you REALLY believe it, I reckon it ain't lying so much as kinda delusional like!

Sean Hannity reminds me of Colonel Kurtz; he's just left up there in the jungle to be crazy!
http://www.inthe00s.com/smile/10/vogel.gif

Written By: tv on 03/18/09 at 2:32 pm

What Fox News was saying Obama called out John McCain for saying during the 2008 presidential campaign for saying the fundementals of our economy are strong. Now Obama says the Fundamentals of our economy our strong. Huh! Glenn Beck said is Obama turning into John McCain because I don;t think that was the change that I was looking for. Thats not the change I was looking for either.

Written By: JamieMcBain on 03/19/09 at 10:04 am

What else is new....  ::)

Written By: Tia on 03/19/09 at 10:07 am

What Fox News was saying Obama called out John McCain for saying during the 2008 presidential campaign for saying the fundementals of our economy are strong. Now Obama says the Fundamentals of our economy our strong. Huh! Glenn Beck said is Obama turning into John McCain because I don;t think that was the change that I was looking for. Thats not the change I was looking for either.
when did obama say the fundamentals of the economy are strong? i missed that.

Written By: Don Carlos on 03/19/09 at 10:14 am

He didn't.  He said that the capitalist system is sound.  Quite a difference, but not to Foux News

Written By: Brian06 on 03/19/09 at 10:18 am

Obama nor Biden have NEVER to my knowledge, said anything like "the fundamentals of the economy are strong", somebody in his administration apparently has said something close recently but to say Obama himself is saying it is misleading to say the least.

Written By: Tia on 03/19/09 at 10:31 am

He didn't.  He said that the capitalist system is sound.  Quite a difference, but not to Foux News
so rupert murdoch hates capitalism now?  ;D

Written By: MaxwellSmart on 03/19/09 at 12:48 pm

so rupert murdoch hates capitalism now?  ;D

Those guys never liked "capitalism" in the first place; they liked big government helping big business steal stuff. 

Class warfare is a term FOX likes to use when somebody proposes raising the capital gains tax to 18%. 

The funny thing is, now there's nothing for the far left to do.  They used to take to the streets and scream for the death of capitalism.  Now there's no need.  Capitalism is killing itself.  Just sit back and watch.
::)

Written By: Don Carlos on 03/22/09 at 10:48 am

Those guys never liked "capitalism" in the first place; they liked big government helping big business steal stuff. 

Class warfare is a term FOX likes to use when somebody proposes raising the capital gains tax to 18%. 

The funny thing is, now there's nothing for the far left to do.  They used to take to the streets and scream for the death of capitalism.  Now there's no need.  Capitalism is killing itself.  Just sit back and watch.
::)

There is a subtle contradiction here Max.  What we have isn't capitalism but big gov't. helping big biz.  That is what seems to be killing itself because of it's own stupidity.  So who knows, maybe we will return to capitalism, as Obama seems to want, or maybe we will move to some new paradigm.

Written By: MaxwellSmart on 03/22/09 at 6:49 pm

There is a subtle contradiction here Max.  What we have isn't capitalism but big gov't. helping big biz.  That is what seems to be killing itself because of it's own stupidity.  So who knows, maybe we will return to capitalism, as Obama seems to want, or maybe we will move to some new paradigm.

Maybe it's better to say the era of corporatism is coming to an end?

Written By: Don Carlos on 03/23/09 at 9:57 am

Maybe it's better to say the era of corporatism is coming to an end?

I think so, and hope you're right.

Written By: JamieMcBain on 03/23/09 at 12:00 pm

Yet again, Fox News shows just douch baggey they are.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tcJn5XlbSFk

Written By: Red Ant on 03/23/09 at 6:10 pm

Yet again, Fox News shows just douch baggey they are.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tcJn5XlbSFk

Aren't there special places with lots of padding for people like that?

Hollywood should make a movie called "4 Tards and a Camera". Then again, stringing together a few hours of Fux News clips would do the same thing.

Ant

Check for new replies or respond here...