» OLD MESSAGE ARCHIVES «
The Pop Culture Information Society...
Messageboard Archive Index, In The 00s - The Pop Culture Information Society

Welcome to the archived messages from In The 00s. This archive stretches back to 1998 in some instances, and contains a nearly complete record of all the messages posted to inthe00s.com. You will also find an archive of the messages from inthe70s.com, inthe80s.com, inthe90s.com and amiright.com before they were combined to form the inthe00s.com messageboard.

If you are looking for the active messages, please click here. Otherwise, use the links below or on the right hand side of the page to navigate the archives.

Custom Search

Subject: John Demjanjuk to stay in America...until he dies!

Written By: MrCleveland on 04/05/09 at 11:37 am

He was supposed to be in Germany to stand trial for being a Nazi Death Camp guy. But since he's so frail at the age of 89, he's going to stay in the Cleveland area until he's dead!

Well...he has a place in hell at least!

Subject: Re: John Demjanjuk to stay in America...until he dies!

Written By: Reynolds1863 on 04/05/09 at 12:26 pm

Those guys are getting to the age where they get the "merciful sentence because of age".  Had he been nailed 30-40 years ago he would have had his neck stretched.

Written By: LyricBoy on 04/05/09 at 12:27 pm

Those guys are getting to the age where they get the "merciful sentence because of age".  Had he been nailed 30-40 years ago he would have had his neck stretched.

I think they've been trying to nail this dirt bag for the past 30 years.

Written By: Reynolds1863 on 04/05/09 at 12:30 pm

I think they've been trying to nail this dirt bag for the past 30 years.

Yeah, I think they had him behind bars back in the 60's.  The guy's about as slippery as Mengel was.

Written By: Macphisto on 04/05/09 at 1:20 pm

They left him in Cleveland?  That's going a bit far, isn't it?  ;)  j/k

Written By: MaxwellSmart on 04/06/09 at 1:12 am

Is it safe?

Written By: Reynolds1863 on 04/06/09 at 8:12 am

Is it safe?

Yes, as far as any leftover sympathize toward the Nazi regime.  As for being bumped off, it could very well happen.

Written By: MaxwellSmart on 04/06/09 at 12:04 pm

No, what I want to know is if it is safe?

Written By: Reynolds1863 on 04/06/09 at 1:21 pm

No, what I want to know is if it is safe?

It meaning Cleveland?  http://www.inthe00s.com/smile/13/icon_scratch.gif

Written By: LyricBoy on 04/06/09 at 6:09 pm

A court today ruled that Demyanyuk is indeed healthy enuf to make the trip to Germany to face trial.

At this point I do not know how many appeals he has to drag this thing out.

Written By: MaxwellSmart on 04/06/09 at 6:17 pm

It meaning Cleveland?  http://www.inthe00s.com/smile/13/icon_scratch.gif

Is it safe?
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dG5Qk-jB0D4

Written By: MrCleveland on 04/10/09 at 1:45 pm

A court today ruled that Demyanyuk is indeed healthy enuf to make the trip to Germany to face trial.

At this point I do not know how many appeals he has to drag this thing out.

I hope they find him guilty and hang his ass already!

Written By: MaxwellSmart on 04/10/09 at 7:11 pm

http://www.google.com/hostednews/ap/article/ALeqM5hcacQnW1QoBUVrxRqGaCdcjpfytAD97FSB482

Looks like they denied his stay.  After 65 years he might have to go face the music, unless he croaks in transit.
::)

Written By: SoulAsylum on 04/11/09 at 7:49 am

Well I'm not as far right where I believe someone should have to suffer and pay what they did for eternity, and let I'm not as far left as letting him off the hook without more than a slap on the wrist.  I fall somewhere in the middle.

Demjanjuk, should pay what he owes for his crimes.    Whatever that is, how long that is, I do not know.  Yet, after he has paid what he owes, I do believe he deserves forgiveness. 

What good are we as a society if we never forgive?

Keep in mind that this is coming from an possiblist, I am not a Christian.  I'm not saying that he shouldn't be punished, because punished and punished severely he should be.  However, once he's paid what he owes, that's good enough.

Written By: MaxwellSmart on 04/11/09 at 9:09 am

Hmmm....

Maybe we should send Demjanjuk to Jerusalem with that ^ pinned to his sleeve!
http://www.inthe00s.com/smile/12/icon_albino.gif

Written By: Reynolds1863 on 04/11/09 at 4:23 pm

http://www.google.com/hostednews/ap/article/ALeqM5hcacQnW1QoBUVrxRqGaCdcjpfytAD97FSB482

Looks like they denied his stay.  After 65 years he might have to go face the music, unless he croaks in transit.

They show very little mercy at those trials.  Do they still hang Nazi War criminals or just let them rot on jail , no windows and thin soup once a day?

Written By: LyricBoy on 04/11/09 at 4:30 pm

Well I'm not as far right where I believe someone should have to suffer and pay what they did for eternity, and let I'm not as far left as letting him off the hook without more than a slap on the wrist.  I fall somewhere in the middle.

Demjanjuk, should pay what he owes for his crimes.    Whatever that is, how long that is, I do not know.   Yet, after he has paid what he owes, I do believe he deserves forgiveness. 

Keep in mind that this is coming from an possiblist, I am not a Christian.   I'm not saying that he shouldn't be punished, because punished and punished severely he should be.   However, once he's paid what he owes, that's good enough.

I am not one for blind forgiveness.  If somebody wants to be forgiven by me, they gotta own up to the crime.  Because if they don't, the crime is still in progress.

Dumbyanyuck has never admitted to his Nazi past.  Thus no forgiveness is due.

He's actually better off in Germany, at least he won't get the death penalty.  We oughtta try him here in the U.S. of A. for war crimes and hang him.  He is no better than the German war criminals whose work he performed.

Written By: MaxwellSmart on 04/11/09 at 8:29 pm

They show very little mercy at those trials.  Do they still hang Nazi War criminals or just let them rot on jail , no windows and thin soup once a day?

They don't permit the death penalty in Germany anymore, not even for old Nazis.  At Demjanjuk's age, they'd probably just incarcerate him, and humanely at that.

Written By: Reynolds1863 on 04/11/09 at 9:32 pm

They don't permit the death penalty in Germany anymore, not even for old Nazis.  At Demjanjuk's age, they'd probably just incarcerate him, and humanely at that.

Perhaps it's better to show much more human decency than the Nazis ever showed to anyone. 

Written By: LyricBoy on 04/12/09 at 8:57 am

Perhaps it's better to show much more human decency than the Nazis ever showed to anyone. 

Uh... this guy guarded a death camp that killed people by the tens of thousands.  He has expressed no remorse.  He deserves no decency.

Just to be clear this was not "just" killing tens of thousands of people by a simple, quick bullet to head.  These people were killed:

By long, gradual starvation
Via live surgery/experimentation without anaesthesia
Burned alive in ovens
Gassed with poison
Babies bayonetted in the womb
Parents murdered while their children forced to watch
Gang raped
Gold fillings extracted to fund further killings

These killings were not part of some sort of temporary-insanity "Jonestown" sort of thing either.  They were well-planned, over a number of years, funded, engineered, and operated like some sort of business.  The perpetrators were fully aware of what they were doing and why. And they did not give a damn.  They enjoyed their "work".

If ten years from now we happen to find some 99-year-old geezer who was part of this, I would have absolutely no remorse throwing the switch on him.  And even then he'd be getting a far better deal than his victims ever did.

Written By: SoulAsylum on 04/12/09 at 10:44 am

Hmmm....

Maybe we should send Demjanjuk to Jerusalem with that ^ pinned to his sleeve!
http://www.inthe00s.com/smile/12/icon_albino.gif

Well I did say I do believe he ought to be punished.  What I'm against is this, "FOREVER BURN IN HELL!!!" mentality that a lot of people are showing for him.  What possible crime could possibly deserve such a punishment as to forever be tortured throughout all of time, which has a possibility of never, ever ending?  I don't think there is such a crime.  Whatever he owes, make him owe it and then the record will be straight.

Written By: SoulAsylum on 04/12/09 at 10:47 am

Uh... this guy guarded a death camp that killed people by the tens of thousands.  He has expressed no remorse.  He deserves no decency.

Just to be clear this was not "just" killing tens of thousands of people by a simple, quick bullet to head.  These people were killed:

Burned alive in ovens
Gassed with poison
Gang raped

These killings were not part of some sort of temporary-insanity "Jonestown" sort of thing either.  They were well-planned, over a number of years, funded, engineered, and operated like some sort of business.  The perpetrators were fully aware of what they were doing and why. And they did not give a damn.  They enjoyed their "work".

If ten years from now we happen to find some 99-year-old geezer who was part of this, I would have absolutely no remorse throwing the switch on him.  And even then he'd be getting a far better deal than his victims ever did.

You want to know what's really sad to me?  We're educated as a society of the horrible atrocities that the Jews suffered at the hands of the Nazis.  We can speak, and speak intelligently and informed upon all of the horrific details.

But yet, what the Japanese did to the Chinese during WWII was just as terrible if not more so, yet we never hear about it.

I say it's due to our good relationship with Japan, not wanting to expose what they did to the Chinese.    However, as a History teacher, I think it's complete b.s. that we don't teach our American citizens about the horrors the Chinese went through, but yet talk about the Jews on a daily basis.

Written By: Reynolds1863 on 04/12/09 at 1:47 pm

Burned alive in ovens
Gassed with poison
Gang raped

I know exactly what you're saying and agree with you.  However the German legal system doesn't.  I was just trying to reason out why he shouldn't be burnt alive and slowly hung by piano wire.

Written By: Reynolds1863 on 04/12/09 at 1:53 pm

You want to know what's really sad to me?   We're educated as a society of the horrible atrocities that the Jews suffered at the hands of the Nazis.  We can speak, and speak intelligently and informed upon all of the horrific details.

But yet, what the Japanese did to the Chinese during WWII was just as terrible if not more so, yet we never hear about it.

I say it's due to our good relationship with Japan, not wanting to expose what they did to the Chinese.    However, as a History teacher, I think it's complete b.s. that we don't teach our American citizens about the horrors the Chinese went through, but yet talk about the Jews on a daily basis.

I think it's often forgotten that this kind of atrocities have happened many times over the course of history.  I'd like to say humanity has learned to overcome such brutal behavior but obviously not.  Yes, in some Americans eyes the Japanese can do no wrong.  They were however brutal towards all enemies.  BTW karma for the broader view.

Written By: MaxwellSmart on 04/12/09 at 11:50 pm

Burned alive in ovens
Gassed with poison
Gang raped

And yet...even if they tortured the old f**ker in the most vengeful manner man's mind can invent, it still wouldn't undo one iota of the misery he caused sixty-odd years ago.  Same thing for taking him around the back of the barn and blowing his brains out. 

On the other hand...I don't support the death penalty in any case, but I wouldn't complain too much if they just disposed of the sonofabitch.

Written By: SoulAsylum on 04/12/09 at 11:59 pm

And yet...even if they tortured the old f**ker in the most vengeful manner man's mind can invent, it still wouldn't undo one iota of the misery he caused sixty-odd years ago.  Same thing for taking him around the back of the barn and blowing his brains out. 

On the other hand...I don't support the death penalty in any case, but I wouldn't complain too much if they just disposed of the sonofabitch.

Well Mr. Smart is that not a contradiction of sorts?    Seems to me, myself included, that as long as the ends justify the means, there is always the exception to the rule.

Written By: MaxwellSmart on 04/13/09 at 12:03 am

Well Mr. Smart is that not a contradiction of sorts?    Seems to me, myself included, that as long as the ends justify the means, there is always the exception to the rule.

Maybe philosophically.  I was against the death penalty for Timothy McVeigh for instance, but I wasn't marching on a "Save Tim" candlelight vigil.  I remember the day they executed him thinking, "Well, today he gets the hotshot...I can't bring myself to raise objections, though I still don't believe McVeigh should have been sentenced to die in the first place because I don't make exceptions. 

Written By: SoulAsylum on 04/13/09 at 12:16 am

Maybe philosophically.  I was against the death penalty for Timothy McVeigh for instance, but I wasn't marching on a "Save Tim" candlelight vigil.  I remember the day they executed him thinking, "Well, today he gets the hotshot...I can't bring myself to raise objections, though I still don't believe McVeigh should have been sentenced to die in the first place because I don't make exceptions. 

Well I oppose the death penality but most likely for much different reasons than you do.  I personally believe the death penalty offers those who committed a crime and escape.

Then again, most people who support the death penalty are Christians who believe in a hell that will punish the guilty. 

I suppose if there is a Hell, then I see there point. 

Written By: Davester on 04/13/09 at 12:58 am

Mossad hasn't caught-up with this guy.  Figure Demjanjuk would have drowned in his soup bowl by now...

Check for new replies or respond here...