» OLD MESSAGE ARCHIVES «
The Pop Culture Information Society...
Messageboard Archive Index, In The 00s - The Pop Culture Information Society

Welcome to the archived messages from In The 00s. This archive stretches back to 1998 in some instances, and contains a nearly complete record of all the messages posted to inthe00s.com. You will also find an archive of the messages from inthe70s.com, inthe80s.com, inthe90s.com and amiright.com before they were combined to form the inthe00s.com messageboard.

If you are looking for the active messages, please click here. Otherwise, use the links below or on the right hand side of the page to navigate the archives.

Custom Search

Subject: Kal Penn joins Obama administration

Written By: QueenAmenRa on 04/07/09 at 8:22 pm

http://politicalticker.blogs.cnn.com/2009/04/07/actor-kal-penn-joining-the-obama-administration/

Just wondering what everyone's thoughts on this are.  Do you think he's qualified enough for the job?  As for his acting career, I'm sad about his departure from House, but at least it seems he's done with Harold & Kumar-type stuff...  Still, very surprising to hear he's now highly involved in politics....very interesting...

Subject: Re: Kal Penn joins Obama administration

Written By: Jessica on 04/07/09 at 8:29 pm

I'm surprised this is getting so much attention, actually.

I thought he was great on House, and I will freely admit to holding back tears with what happened last night.  It was also pretty shocking because there was not ONE inkling of it all.  Usually someone let's something leak somewhere, but it didn't happen.

I think he will do fine with his new endeavor.  He's a smart guy, even if people don't think so because of Harold and Kumar (which I loved, BTW).

Written By: Macphisto on 04/07/09 at 8:30 pm

The post itself is mostly just public relations.  I think it's a good choice.  Kal won't really be making policy decisions, but he will be good to have for his image.

Written By: MaxwellSmart on 04/07/09 at 8:53 pm

I dunno, man, I associate Kal Penn too closely with Harold and Kumar. 

It's as if Jimmy Carter gave Tommy Chong a post in the dept. of (cough cough) agriculture!
http://www.inthe00s.com/smile/04/elkgrin.gif

Check for new replies or respond here...