» OLD MESSAGE ARCHIVES «
The Pop Culture Information Society...
Messageboard Archive Index, In The 00s - The Pop Culture Information Society

Welcome to the archived messages from In The 00s. This archive stretches back to 1998 in some instances, and contains a nearly complete record of all the messages posted to inthe00s.com. You will also find an archive of the messages from inthe70s.com, inthe80s.com, inthe90s.com and amiright.com before they were combined to form the inthe00s.com messageboard.

If you are looking for the active messages, please click here. Otherwise, use the links below or on the right hand side of the page to navigate the archives.

Custom Search

Subject: Optical illusion about Christianity

Written By: Dude111 on 04/08/09 at 12:15 am

http://www.youtube.com/v/jk6ILZAaAMI (About 9 Mins)

An interesting vid indeed!

Subject: Re: Optical illusion about Christianity

Written By: JamieMcBain on 04/08/09 at 10:12 am

Interesting.

Written By: Don Carlos on 04/09/09 at 10:13 am

"Brought to you by a bunch of godless communists trying to undermine the moral fiber of America" - Billy O'.

Written By: Samwise on 04/15/09 at 8:46 am

That is not an optical illusion. It's just a logical fallacy. Logical fallacy =/= optical illusion.

I'm not even a Christian, and I agree with whoever made this video, but I just find the video extremely annoying. It's probably the smugness, combined with the misuse of the term "optical illusion." Don't tell other people their beliefs are dumb while simultaneously making dumb mistakes.

Written By: SoulAsylum on 04/16/09 at 10:06 pm

I'm not a Christian and I am not an Athiest either.  I fall into the category of someone who doesn't know, so I don't claim to.

My biggest problem with some Christians is their intolerence and their contradiction of so many different issues and subjects.  They preach acceptance, and yet practice alienation.  Believe, I know they do, because I've had it done to me a numerous amount of times. 

Some Christians are so Hell bent (pardon the pun) on "THERE IS A GOD" they aren't even willing to listen to other options and other possibilities.    There is no tolerence for athiest, or for the matter other people of other religions.

On the same hand, I'm just as upset with some athiest.  They're so damn determined on making everyone feel the same, "THERE IS NO GOD" way that they do, that they're blind to the fact that the forcefullness and conformity of Christianity that they despise is what they create by doing so.

Notice how I said some in both categories.  The one thing that I've learned throughout the years is that people are individuals.  You can group them as much as you want, and point out similarities until the day is through, but in the end it's the differences that you'll notice.

People aren't "christian" or "athiest" or "buddhist" or "Muslim".    People are people.  At the end of the day it doesn't matter what they are, because you can be a good person regardless of your religion and you can be a bad person regardless of your religion.

I know from being on this board about a week and a half that it is a very liberal board, but let me assure you my fellow libertarians,  I know my fairshare of openminded Christians, and I also know my fairshare of closeminded athiest.

People, are people.  End of story. 

Written By: Jessica on 04/16/09 at 10:56 pm

People, are people.   End of story. 

People are people so why should it be
You and I should get along so awfully

So we're different colours
And we're different creeds
And different people have different needs
It's obvious you hate me
Though I've done nothing wrong
I never even met you
So what could I have done

I can't understand
What makes a man
Hate another man
Help me understand

People are people so why should it be
You and I should get along so awfully

Help me understand

Now you're punching and you're kicking
And you're shouting at me
I'm relying on your common decency
So far it hasn't surfaced
But I'm sure it exists
It just takes a while to travel
From your head to your fist

I can't understand
What makes a man
Hate another man

Help me understand

Written By: Jessica on 04/16/09 at 10:57 pm

By the way, SoulAsylum, I totally agree with you.

I have seen the hatred on both sides, and it really bites.  I just don't understand why everyone can't respect each other and what they believe/not believe.  I mean, it's really not that hard to do. :P

Written By: SoulAsylum on 04/17/09 at 7:18 am

By the way, SoulAsylum, I totally agree with you.

I have seen the hatred on both sides, and it really bites.  I just don't understand why everyone can't respect each other and what they believe/not believe.  I mean, it's really not that hard to do. :P

Well, may I congratulate you on fine creativity if you came up with that poem.  It's very, very good.

I don't understand the world.  I think most people's weaknesses is that they aren't open enough, don't listen enough and are too close minded.  My weakness is that I'm just the opposite. 

Written By: Jessica on 04/18/09 at 11:44 am

Well, may I congratulate you on fine creativity if you came up with that poem.  It's very, very good.

I wish I could take credit for it, but it's actually a song by Depeche Mode. :)

Written By: McDonald on 04/18/09 at 9:36 pm

I wish I could take credit for it, but it's actually a song by Depeche Mode. :)

And one of my favourites by them.

Check for new replies or respond here...