» OLD MESSAGE ARCHIVES «
The Pop Culture Information Society...
Messageboard Archive Index, In The 00s - The Pop Culture Information Society

Welcome to the archived messages from In The 00s. This archive stretches back to 1998 in some instances, and contains a nearly complete record of all the messages posted to inthe00s.com. You will also find an archive of the messages from inthe70s.com, inthe80s.com, inthe90s.com and amiright.com before they were combined to form the inthe00s.com messageboard.

If you are looking for the active messages, please click here. Otherwise, use the links below or on the right hand side of the page to navigate the archives.

Custom Search

Subject: Burger King Pulls Offcolor "Texican Burger" ad

Written By: Tia on 04/16/09 at 1:27 pm

Thoughts? saver?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KmF8xgywAXU

i can see why the spanish government was outraged. on the other hand, when the mexican wrestler guy is dogpaddling in the pool, that IS pretty damn funny.

Subject: Re: Burger King Pulls Offcolor "Texican Burger" ad

Written By: AL-B Mk. III on 04/16/09 at 1:38 pm

http://i149.photobucket.com/albums/s78/AL-B_photos/mcdonalds.gif

Written By: Jessica on 04/16/09 at 2:51 pm

I LOL'd and I'm Mexican. ;D

Written By: Tia on 04/16/09 at 3:01 pm

I LOL'd and I'm Mexican. ;D
i actually started this thread largely because i wanted to know what you thought of it  ;D

i'm texan by birth, funny that. where's MY trusty sidekick, man!?

Written By: MrCleveland on 04/16/09 at 3:40 pm

I wish this would happen to the Burger King!...

http://thm-a01.yimg.com/image/77fda882ed61474c

I'm sooooo sick of that Burger King, now a Spongebob BK Commercial is getting controversy too!

Written By: Macphisto on 04/16/09 at 4:03 pm

I didn't think it was offensive, but you know how I feel about offensive things.

Personally, I don't think we're offensive enough.  We should be more offensive so that people stop being so whiny (and that includes those annoying teabaggers too).

We should promote more off-color humor and even make fun of all the hypersensitive anti-tax people too.

Written By: Jessica on 04/16/09 at 4:50 pm

i actually started this thread largely because i wanted to know what you thought of it  ;D

i'm texan by birth, funny that. where's MY trusty sidekick, man!?

I'll be your sidekick, but you have to buy me a cape. :D

Written By: thereshegoes on 04/16/09 at 6:58 pm

That was funny. It reminded me of Nacho Libre.

Written By: Tia on 04/16/09 at 7:25 pm

That was funny. It reminded me of Nacho Libre.
that clip is from my favorite talk show. i watch the young turks religiously. :P

the one bit where i was sorta like okay, that's a little weird, was "the taste of texas with a little spicy mexican."  ;D i was like you can't say that man!

Written By: Tia on 04/16/09 at 7:33 pm

when you think about it, i think it makes even more sense. i really kinda like the ad, it's clever. so first, we have hambuger. therefore cattle, therefore texas. also, the hamburger is slightly spicy but not eye-watering spicy, therefore it also has a "little spicy mexican." (not that texans don't like spices too but for whatever reason they want to associate spice with mexico. i should be offended they don't think texans are spicy! :P ) so. the burger's spicy, so that part's represented by a mexican wrestler (spicy!) but a short one (therefore not too spicy!). i think they just thought that visual pun was so funny they completely lost sight that people would take it all in this nationalistic, race-related kinda way.

Written By: AL-B Mk. III on 04/16/09 at 7:38 pm

It's a little goofy to be sure, but I think the only people who would find this offensive are people who get off on being offended.  :P

Written By: Tia on 04/16/09 at 7:54 pm

It's a little goofy to be sure, but I think the only people who would find this offensive are people who get off on being offended.  :P
I'M SHOCKED AND DEEPLY TROUBLED THAT YOU WOULD SAY THAT.  >:(

Written By: LyricBoy on 04/16/09 at 8:06 pm

I don't know why the SPANISH government would be pizzed.

I thought the ad was pretty stupid though.  And having anybody wear the flag of a nation is usually not a good thing.

Written By: Jessica on 04/16/09 at 8:21 pm

I don't know why the SPANISH government would be pizzed.

I thought the ad was pretty stupid though.  And having anybody wear the flag of a nation is usually not a good thing.

No no, the Mexican embassy in Spain complained to the Spanish government about it.  It was strictly a European commercial though, I think.

I'm still not offended, and damn, that burger looks good. :P

Written By: AL-B Mk. III on 04/17/09 at 1:32 am

I'M SHOCKED AND DEEPLY TROUBLED THAT YOU WOULD SAY THAT.  >:(

AL-B FTW.  ;D ;D ;D

Written By: SoulAsylum on 04/17/09 at 11:20 am

I am an educated man with a college degree and I fail to see what is offensive about this ad. 

Written By: danootaandme on 04/17/09 at 11:32 am

The guy said they were offended because the guy is wearing a Mexican flag. I think if the little guy was the American, wrapped in an American flag swimming in the pool, the good old boys would be loading up into the back of the pickup looking to teach a few lessons.

Written By: Tia on 04/17/09 at 11:46 am

The guy said they were offended because the guy is wearing a Mexican flag. I think if the little guy was the American, wrapped in an American flag swimming in the pool, the good old boys would be loading up into the back of the pickup looking to teach a few lessons.
i'd like to see some mincing dwarfs done up in the american flag. people take that sheesh way too seriously here. (remember rachel corrie? remember how rush limbaugh and a bunch of other cats on the right basically reveled in it when she was gruesomely murdered by the IDF? you know why they took active glee in her death? because once at a palestinian rally she evidently drew makeshift stars and stripes on a piece of paper and set it on fire.  ::) for that she deserved to be eviscerated by a bulldozer.)

wow, i singlehandedly just sucked all the light-heartedness out of my own thread, didn't i? anyway, you're probably right about the good old boys. then again, they suck. ironically, they're probably the same guys who were talking about secession during their recent teabagging rallies, which is literally sedition, and yet they pretend to have love for the stars and stripes even though they don't appear to want to be part of the union.

Written By: Macphisto on 04/17/09 at 3:41 pm

Good point, but again, we need to offend these people more so that they'll eventually get over it.

We should offend the patriotic especially.

Just realize that in doing so, you quickly appreciate the importance of having a gun to defend yourself with.  ;)

Written By: LyricBoy on 04/17/09 at 5:08 pm

No no, the Mexican embassy in Spain complained to the Spanish government about it. 

I wonder why they did not complain to Burger King? ???

Written By: Dagwood on 04/17/09 at 6:04 pm

I wonder why they did not complain to Burger King? ???

Because that would make sense.

Written By: danootaandme on 04/18/09 at 5:30 am

ironically, they're probably the same guys who were talking about secession during their recent teabagging rallies, which is literally sedition, and yet they pretend to have love for the stars and stripes even though they don't appear to want to be part of the union.

Personally, I am all for it.  I would have to say there isn't anyone who wants Texas out of the union more than I do  ;D

Written By: Jessica on 04/18/09 at 11:45 am

Because that would make sense.

;D

Written By: McDonald on 04/18/09 at 9:39 pm

Good point, but again, we need to offend these people more so that they'll eventually get over it.

We should offend the patriotic especially.

Just realize that in doing so, you quickly appreciate the importance of having a gun to defend yourself with.  ;)

I agree with you completely. We need to offend more people more often with stupid shît like this, that way it will no longer be taboo and we can get on with our lives.

Check for new replies or respond here...