» OLD MESSAGE ARCHIVES «
The Pop Culture Information Society...
Messageboard Archive Index, In The 00s - The Pop Culture Information Society

Welcome to the archived messages from In The 00s. This archive stretches back to 1998 in some instances, and contains a nearly complete record of all the messages posted to inthe00s.com. You will also find an archive of the messages from inthe70s.com, inthe80s.com, inthe90s.com and amiright.com before they were combined to form the inthe00s.com messageboard.

If you are looking for the active messages, please click here. Otherwise, use the links below or on the right hand side of the page to navigate the archives.

Custom Search

Subject: Satan created evolution?

Written By: JamieMcBain on 04/26/09 at 1:03 pm

Apparently, there some people that believe that Satan created evolution, and possibly dinosaur.

Don't believe me, check out, Google.

Your mind wiill be blown.

Subject: Re: Satan created evolution?

Written By: CatwomanofV on 04/26/09 at 1:23 pm

Could it be....Satan?

http://www.countrykeepers.com/images/church_lady.jpg

Cat

Written By: JamieMcBain on 04/26/09 at 1:26 pm

I love the Church Lady.

;D

Written By: SoulAsylum on 04/26/09 at 4:05 pm

Apparently, there some people that believe that Satan created evolution, and possibly dinosaur.

Don't believe me, check out, Google.

Your mind wiill be blown.

Satan is nothing more and has been nothing than a created scapegoat to not have to deal with the issues.  Doesn't matter what the problem is, all Christians have to do is blame Satan and that takes care of the problem.  I'm too tired to elaborate on this but I think we have intelligent enough people on this board to get what I'm getting at.

Maybe there is a Satan, I'm not saying that there isn't, but what I am saying is that he seems to be very convenient in his appearances.

Written By: Reynolds1863 on 04/26/09 at 6:21 pm

Could it be....Satan?

http://www.countrykeepers.com/images/church_lady.jpg

Cat

Well isn't that special.  :)

Written By: LyricBoy on 04/26/09 at 6:26 pm

Please allow me to introduce myself
I'm a man of wealth and taste
I've been around for a
long, long year
Stole many a man's soul and faith

And I was 'round when Jesus Christ
Had his moment of doubt and pain
Made damn sure that Pilate
Washed his hands and
sealed his fate

Pleased to meet you
Hope you guess my name
But what's puzzling you
Is the nature of my game

I stuck around St. Petersberg
When I saw it was a
time for a change
Killed the Czar and his ministers
Anastasia screamed in vain

I rode a tank
Held a general's rank
When the Blitzkrieg raged
And the bodies stank

Pleased to meet you
Hope you guess my name, oh yeah
What's puzzling you
Is the nature of my game, oh yeah

I watched with glee
As your kings and queens
Fought for ten decades
For the Gods they made

I shouted out
"Who killed the Kennedys?"
When after all
It was you and me

Let me please introduce myself
I laid traps for troubadors
Who get killed before
they reached my name,

Pleased to meet you
Hope you guessed my name, oh yeah
But what's puzzling you
Is the nature of my
game, yeah, get down

Pleased to meet you
But what's puzzlin' you
Is the nature of my game

Just as every cop is a criminal
And all the sinners saints
As heads is tails
Just call me Lucifer
'Cause I'm in need of
some restraint

If you meet me,
Have some courtesy
Have some sympathy, and some taste
Use all your well-learned politesse
Or I'll lay your soul
to waste, uhh

Pleased to meet you
But what's puzzlin' you
Is the nature of my game,
oh yeah

Woo, woo
Oh yeah

Tell me baby, tell my name
Tell me honey, can you guess my name
Tell me baby, what's my name

:-X

Written By: MaxwellSmart on 04/27/09 at 12:10 am

Woo-Woo! Woo-Woo!
;D

If I were creating the world I wouldn't mess about with butterflies and daffodils. I would have started with lasers, eight o'clock, Day One!

--Evil
"Time Bandits"
http://www.inthe00s.com/smile/03/devil3.gif

Written By: philbo on 04/27/09 at 5:25 am

Satan is an attempt to fill one of the many logical flaws in the Abrahamic myth of god, one that simply introduces more logical inconsistencies.

According to some, he was even the cause of the myths of Mithras' birth (the myths being basically the same sort of thing as for Jesus, but a few hundred years earlier).

As SoulAsylum says, many Christians use him as a scapegoat for pretty much anything which doesn't run as the Bible says it should.

Written By: Ashkicksass on 04/27/09 at 12:22 pm

I'm reading the best book right now.  It's called "I, Lucifer" and it tells the Creation story (among other things) from Satan's point of view.  It's much more entertaining and enlightening than the Bible's version. 

Written By: MrCleveland on 04/27/09 at 1:31 pm

Satan tempted Darwin and others to bring people to Evolution. It's the same way that Satan tempted Adam and Eve to become 'God', Joseph Smith to form Mormonism, and Karl Marx to introduce Communism.

And for Dinosaurs...God created dinosaurs, but after the Great Flood, many of them died since weather patterns changed.

Written By: JamieMcBain on 04/27/09 at 1:40 pm

::)

Written By: Reynolds1863 on 04/27/09 at 4:35 pm

Satan tempted Darwin and others to bring people to Evolution. It's the same way that Satan tempted Adam and Eve to become 'God', Joseph Smith to form Mormonism, and Karl Marx to introduce Communism.

And for Dinosaurs...God created dinosaurs, but after the Great Flood, many of them died since weather patterns changed.

Darwin had no problem with the belief of a higher being.  When he was doing his study of evolution his purpose was science not to piss off religious people.  Some would tell you that the snake in the garden of Eden was not Satan but Lilith.  You do know who Lilith was don't you?  Karl Marx had no use for either God or Satan therefore why would Satan feel Marx would listen to him?  If God created dinosaurs after the great flood don't you think Moses would have mentioned it?  That being that humans were around the same time as dinosaurs.  Me thinks your logic may have a hole in it.

Written By: Step-chan on 04/27/09 at 5:06 pm

Please allow me to introduce myself
I've been around for a
long, long year
Stole many a man's soul and faith

And I was 'round when Jesus Christ
Had his moment of doubt and pain
Made damn sure that Pilate
Washed his hands and
sealed his fate

Pleased to meet you
Hope you guess my name
But what's puzzling you
Is the nature of my game

I stuck around St. Petersberg
When I saw it was a
time for a change
Killed the Czar and his ministers
Anastasia screamed in vain

I rode a tank
Held a general's rank
When the Blitzkrieg raged
And the bodies stank

Pleased to meet you
Hope you guess my name, oh yeah
What's puzzling you
Is the nature of my game, oh yeah

I watched with glee
As your kings and queens
Fought for ten decades
For the Gods they made

I shouted out
"Who killed the Kennedys?"
When after all
It was you and me

Let me please introduce myself
I laid traps for troubadors
Who get killed before
they reached my name,

Pleased to meet you
But what's puzzling you
Is the nature of my
game, yeah, get down

Pleased to meet you
But what's puzzlin' you
Is the nature of my game

Just as every cop is a criminal
And all the sinners saints
As heads is tails
Just call me Lucifer
'Cause I'm in need of
some restraint

If you meet me,
Have some courtesy
Have some sympathy, and some taste
Use all your well-learned politesse
Or I'll lay your soul
to waste, uhh

Pleased to meet you
But what's puzzlin' you
Is the nature of my game,
oh yeah

Woo, woo
Oh yeah

Tell me baby, tell my name
Tell me honey, can you guess my name
Tell me baby, what's my name

:-X

I almost thought you posted Stephen Lynch's song for a moment there.

Written By: Brian06 on 04/27/09 at 8:58 pm

I don't see how anybody could deny evolution and believe that the earth is actually only 6,000 years old and that people were living 900 years back in Genesis times and riding around on dinos, it's so ridiculous, it's sad that so many in this country actually believe that is literally true.  ::) This is the same as saying the Earth is flat imo.

Written By: Jessica on 04/27/09 at 9:04 pm

I don't see how anybody could deny evolution and believe that the earth is actually only 6,000 years old and that people were living 900 years back in Genesis times and riding around on dinos, it's so ridiculous, it's sad that so many in this country actually believe that is literally true.  ::) This is the same as saying the Earth is flat imo.

I feel the need to pipe up here and say that there are quite a few Christians that don't believe in the "young earth" theory.

Written By: MaxwellSmart on 04/28/09 at 12:15 am

I feel the need to pipe up here and say that there are quite a few Christians that don't believe in the "young earth" theory.

I'd wager the vast majority don't, but the ones who do sure know how to make a racket about it and get themselves into positions of influence.  It seems the sensible Christians are putting cotton in their ears and letting the dogs howl all night!
:D

Written By: MrCleveland on 04/28/09 at 12:35 pm

Darwin had no problem with the belief of a higher being.  When he was doing his study of evolution his purpose was science not to piss off religious people.  Some would tell you that the snake in the garden of Eden was not Satan but Lilith.  You do know who Lilith was don't you?  Karl Marx had no use for either God or Satan therefore why would Satan feel Marx would listen to him?  If God created dinosaurs after the great flood don't you think Moses would have mentioned it?  That being that humans were around the same time as dinosaurs.  Me thinks your logic may have a hole in it.

Darwin (from what I heard) regretted Evolution. Who told you that the snake was Lilith?! Karl Marx, despite being an atheist, let Satan work with him...without notice. And not EVERYTHING was mentioned in the books of Moses, because some things weren't important.

My logic may be FAR different than yours, sorry.

Written By: Ashkicksass on 04/28/09 at 12:46 pm

Darwin (from what I heard) regretted Evolution. Who told you that the snake was Lilith?! Karl Marx, despite being an atheist, let Satan work with him...without notice. And not EVERYTHING was mentioned in the books of Moses, because some things weren't important.

As for Lilith, this comes from Wikipedia:

"Another widely taught version of this is that the Hebrew cosmogony originally told a story of Yahweh creating Adam to marry a local Goddess-associated figure named Lilith. Lilith was a follower of the Great Mother Goddess, Inanna—later known as both Ishtar and Asherah. She then is depicted in the Talmud and Kabbalah as first wife to Yahweh's first creation of man, Adam. In time, as stated in the Old testament, the Hebrew followers continued to worship "false idols", like Asherah, as being as powerful as Yahweh. Jeremiah speaks of his (and Yahweh's) displeasure at this behavior to the Hebrew people about the worship of the Goddess in the Old Testament. Lilith is banished from Adam and Yahweh's presence when she is discovered to be a "demon" and Eve becomes Adam's wife. Lilith then took the form of the serpent in her jealous rage at being displaced as Adam's wife. Lilith as serpent then proceeds to trick Eve into eating the fruit from the tree of knowledge and in this way is responsible for the downfall of all of humankind. It is worthwhile to note here that in religions pre-dating Judaism, the serpent was known to be associated with wisdom and re-birth (with the shedding of its skin)."

Here is the link, for the full text:  http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Lilith#Adam_and_Lilith

Written By: Jessica on 04/28/09 at 12:49 pm

I'd wager the vast majority don't, but the ones who do sure know how to make a racket about it and get themselves into positions of influence.  It seems the sensible Christians are putting cotton in their ears and letting the dogs howl all night!
:D

Unfortunately, that is the hazard of being a sensible Christian.  They can keep quiet and let the nuts have their way with their religion or they can speak up and be mocked for what they believe because everyone has the idea that all Christians are nuts thanks to the extremist freaks and their big mouths.  It's pretty much a damned if you do, damned if you don't situation. :-\\

Written By: Ashkicksass on 04/28/09 at 2:25 pm

Unfortunately, that is the hazard of being a sensible Christian.  They can keep quiet and let the nuts have their way with their religion or they can speak up and be mocked for what they believe because everyone has the idea that all Christians are nuts thanks to the extremist freaks and their big mouths.  It's pretty much a damned if you do, damned if you don't situation. :-\\

Well, it's just like being a reasonable liberal, and having uber left-wingnuts making the rest of us look bad.  I think that most reasonable people recognize other reasonable people.  Unreasonable people only recognize themselves.

Written By: philbo on 04/28/09 at 2:37 pm

That's the case for a moderate anything, be it Christian, Muslim, atheist or Star Trek fan: the ones who shout loudest get the headlines, and either you have to try and explain in a reasonable tone (which nobody listens to) why that's not what you believe.. or you end up shouting, too, and sounding much the same.

Written By: Reynolds1863 on 04/28/09 at 2:41 pm

However you said Satan was involved in evolution.  Regret or not Satan had nothing to do with it.  Jewish folklore says it was Lilith.  As an atheist since God doesn't exist neither does Satan.  You're right not everything is in the bible so were do you get the ideal that dinosaurs were around at the time of the great flood. 

Written By: MrCleveland on 04/28/09 at 2:52 pm

However you said Satan was involved in evolution.  Regret or not Satan had nothing to do with it.  Jewish folklore says it was Lilith.  As an atheist since God doesn't exist neither does Satan.  You're right not everything is in the bible so were do you get the ideal that dinosaurs were around at the time of the great flood. 

The folklore is like the Da Vinci Code. They said Jesus married Mary Magdalene and the Kings of France were descended from Jesus.

And for Dinosaurs...http://www.chick.com/reading/tracts/1038/1038_01.asp...now this is a Christian's opinion.

Written By: Tia on 04/28/09 at 2:54 pm

I don't see how anybody could deny evolution and believe that the earth is actually only 6,000 years old and that people were living 900 years back in Genesis times and riding around on dinos
that's because satan is working through you.

Written By: Reynolds1863 on 04/28/09 at 2:56 pm

I'm now on the verge of deleting my account.

I'm just a narrow-minded bastard!

The reason why we question you is because we think there is a lot of hope for you.  We live in a world were people and ideals differ greatly.  If you really prize your ideals you wouldn't be so irritating when you state your case.

Written By: Ashkicksass on 04/28/09 at 2:59 pm

I'm now on the verge of deleting my account.

I'm just a narrow-minded bastard!

Relax.

We're having a discussion.  I don't think anyone is attacking you. 

Written By: MrCleveland on 04/28/09 at 3:04 pm

Relax.

We're having a discussion.  I don't think anyone is attacking you. 

I changed the page.

Written By: philbo on 04/28/09 at 3:07 pm

Something's just sprung to mind... "Lucifer made evolution" scans quite nicely as a "Rock n Roll Ain't Noise Pollution" parody

Written By: Reynolds1863 on 04/28/09 at 3:28 pm

The folklore is like the Da Vinci Code. They said Jesus married Mary Magdalene and the Kings of France were descended from Jesus.

And for Dinosaurs...http://www.chick.com/reading/tracts/1038/1038_01.asp...now this is a Christian's opinion.

Jewish folklore was present in the time of Jesus Christ long before the Da Vinci Code.  Two separate things.  I've been on chick.com, I swear she's been to "Jesus Camp" more than once. 

Written By: Tia on 04/28/09 at 3:41 pm

chick tracts rule. although inadvertently. ;D

Written By: Tia on 04/28/09 at 3:43 pm

wait. so the dinosaurs tempted eve to eat the apple?

http://www.chick.com/tractimages89908/1038/1038_09.gif

Written By: Jessica on 04/28/09 at 4:02 pm

wait. so the dinosaurs tempted eve to eat the apple?

http://www.chick.com/tractimages89908/1038/1038_09.gif

WTF is that?!  It's like a mutant alligator man beast!

Written By: Reynolds1863 on 04/28/09 at 4:05 pm

Ok, so they've been delighting evangelicals with cartoons for 40 years.  I thought evangelical deemed laughter as evil.  For some reason that website worries me.  

Written By: MaxwellSmart on 04/28/09 at 10:25 pm

Relax.

Don't do it!
http://www.inthe00s.com/smile/03/diablotin.gif

Check for new replies or respond here...