» OLD MESSAGE ARCHIVES «
The Pop Culture Information Society...
Messageboard Archive Index, In The 00s - The Pop Culture Information Society

Welcome to the archived messages from In The 00s. This archive stretches back to 1998 in some instances, and contains a nearly complete record of all the messages posted to inthe00s.com. You will also find an archive of the messages from inthe70s.com, inthe80s.com, inthe90s.com and amiright.com before they were combined to form the inthe00s.com messageboard.

If you are looking for the active messages, please click here. Otherwise, use the links below or on the right hand side of the page to navigate the archives.

Custom Search

Subject: I Can Haz Cheezburger?

Written By: Jessica on 05/05/09 at 4:55 pm

Obama and Biden Eat Cheeseburgers

Yeah, I'm bored and this was the top story on A Hamburger Today.  It amuses me for some reason. ;D

Subject: Re: I Can Haz Cheezburger?

Written By: Frank on 05/05/09 at 6:00 pm

Obama and Biden Eat Cheeseburgers

Yeah, I'm bored and this was the top story on A Hamburger Today.  It amuses me for some reason. ;D

Cheezbourger, Cheezbourger, Cheezbourger, Cheezbourger, Cheezbourger.. (just reminds me of that old SNL sketch with Ackroyd, Murray, Belushi et al)

Written By: CatwomanofV on 05/05/09 at 6:18 pm

Cheezbourger, Cheezbourger, Cheezbourger, Cheezbourger, Cheezbourger.. (just reminds me of that old SNL sketch with Ackroyd, Murray, Belushi et al)

No Coke, Pepsi.

Cat

Written By: snozberries on 05/06/09 at 12:30 am

Cheeepssss

Written By: Below Average Dave on 05/06/09 at 12:31 am

Now I'm hungry

Written By: snozberries on 05/06/09 at 12:38 am

Me... tooo..... and that burger looked really good... I want to go there.

Written By: Frank on 05/06/09 at 1:53 am

No Coke, Pepsi.
Cat

Back when SNL was funny almost all the time....never mind :D

Written By: ChuckyG on 05/06/09 at 11:07 am

Back when SNL was funny almost all the time....never mind :D

try watching something that isn't a clip show from that early run.  Trust me, the show was never always funny.  It's just like it is now, one or two inspired skits, and a lot of filler.

Written By: Frank on 05/06/09 at 3:21 pm

try watching something that isn't a clip show from that early run.  Trust me, the show was never always funny.  It's just like it is now, one or two inspired skits, and a lot of filler.

I have watched the shows, and I found them funny almost all the time. I could just look at Chevy Chase back then and laugh, regardless what he's doing.

Written By: ChuckyG on 05/06/09 at 4:17 pm

I have watched the shows, and I found them funny almost all the time. I could just look at Chevy Chase back then and laugh, regardless what he's doing.

You watched the full 90 minute shows from the first season? Most of the networks rerun the "best of" style shows or abbreviated 60 minute shows. I rented the full season DVD sets as they've been coming out, and some of it is just painful.  I love the Muppets, but they were really out of place.

Written By: Frank on 05/06/09 at 5:16 pm

You watched the full 90 minute shows from the first season? Most of the networks rerun the "best of" style shows or abbreviated 60 minute shows. I rented the full season DVD sets as they've been coming out, and some of it is just painful.  I love the Muppets, but they were really out of place.

OK, I agree with you here, those weird puppet skits, I did fast-forward through them. Real fast  :)
I should have been more clear that I was talking about the "human" sketches, most of those were funny. I guess I first watched them back in the mid-to-late 70's as a teenager and it was fun to see.
(Now that I look back and try to watch the TV show "Happy days", it's lost a little of it's humor through time)

Written By: ChuckyG on 05/06/09 at 5:58 pm

OK, I agree with you here, those weird puppet skits, I did fast-forward through them. Real fast  :)
I should have been more clear that I was talking about the "human" sketches, most of those were funny. I guess I first watched them back in the mid-to-late 70's as a teenager and it was fun to see.
(Now that I look back and try to watch the TV show "Happy days", it's lost a little of it's humor through time)

Just making sure we were on the same page... some people don't realize the "episodes" they see from that era on Comedy Central, or E! or wherever they reshow them on TV aren't the same as the original episodes shown.  Even the Time Life collections that came out on VHS were severely reduced when I bought those in the mid 1990s.

Written By: Frank on 05/06/09 at 6:01 pm

Just making sure we were on the same page... some people don't realize the "episodes" they see from that era on Comedy Central, or E! or wherever they reshow them on TV aren't the same as the original episodes shown.  Even the Time Life collections that came out on VHS were severely reduced when I bought those in the mid 1990s.

I am guessing that Comedy Central (or whomever) just puts on the best stuff and sketches (like the muppets) are kept out. Thanks for the info tho.

Written By: MaxwellSmart on 05/06/09 at 6:11 pm

Amen to that!  Yeah, way back when there was a sense of adventure; it had yet to become an institution.  It was low budget and ballsy for its time, but there sure were a lot of dogs among those sketches, crapola pulled of in a whirl of cocaine and dope!
::)

Written By: CatwomanofV on 05/07/09 at 11:15 am

I think it was in Gilda Radner autobiography where she talked about the Muppets and even she didn't think they belonged. That is why they did away with them in the second season. What I thought was amusing was during the first season, they all walked home. (Yeah, that sounds like fun-walking in Manhattan at 1:30 in the morning.) The next season, they had taxis but had to share them-so 2 or 3 cast members rode together. I'm not too sure which season it was, but they all got limos.

Ok, now we have really gone off topic-AGAIN!!!  :D ;D ;D ;D

Cat

Written By: AL-B Mk. III on 05/07/09 at 11:44 am

Hey, stay on topic people!  http://www.inthe00s.com/smile/14/nono.gif http://www.inthe00s.com/smile/14/nono.gif http://www.inthe00s.com/smile/14/nono.gif

I believe we were talking about cheeseburgers.  ;)

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=B8NFqCr0yMo

(*NSFW!*)

Written By: CatwomanofV on 05/07/09 at 12:05 pm

Hey, stay on topic people!  http://www.inthe00s.com/smile/14/nono.gif http://www.inthe00s.com/smile/14/nono.gif http://www.inthe00s.com/smile/14/nono.gif

(*NSFW!*)

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oq69l32DCKs

Cat

Written By: Frank on 05/08/09 at 12:27 am

(*NSFW!*)

I'll have mine with fries to go...aw...what the hey, supersize it.

Written By: Reynolds1863 on 05/12/09 at 6:51 pm

So what's all this crap about Conservative talk show host bitching because Obama put mustard on his Cheeseburger?

Written By: Rice_Cube on 05/12/09 at 6:53 pm

So what's all this crap about Conservative talk show host bitching because Obama put mustard on his Cheeseburger?

Because they're idiots?  :P

Written By: Jessica on 05/12/09 at 6:56 pm

He put Dijon mustard on his burger, so now they're saying he's an elitist because he used "fancy" mustard. ::)

Written By: Reynolds1863 on 05/12/09 at 6:58 pm

Because they're idiots?  :P

Besides that. ;D

For some reason they think it's un-American to do that.  Guess Obama and I just aren't true blue Americans. :\'(

Written By: Reynolds1863 on 05/12/09 at 7:00 pm

He put Dijon mustard on his burger, so now they're saying he's an elitist because he used "fancy" mustard. ::)

Dijon mustard is good stuff.  I think the people that go to the fancy smancy parties that are attended by Palin and Gingrinch need to shut the heck up!!! >:(

Written By: Red Ant on 05/13/09 at 12:34 am

I kid you not: my mother has been known to bring a jar of Dijon mustard in her purse into restaurants that do not stock it.

I'm partial to Mr. Mustard (the hot and spicy stuff).

Ant

Written By: snozberries on 05/13/09 at 12:44 am

Oh come the fudge on!!!!  ::) 
It's not like he looked at the guy and said (in a British accent)
"Pardon me but would you happen to have any Grey Poupon"  :P

now that would have been news worthy....donchya think?

Written By: CatwomanofV on 05/13/09 at 10:00 am

When I saw the video, I admit that I said, "EWWWWW" when he ordered that because the number one thing on my "I hate" list is mustard.  8-P 8-P 8-P  But, that is me. To each his own.

BTW, Do you realize that burger was an "Executive Order".  :D ;D ;D ;D

Cat

Written By: Jessica on 05/13/09 at 10:35 am

BTW, Do you realize that burger was an "Executive Order".  :D ;D ;D ;D

Cat

It's so bad, it needs karamel! ;D

Yeah, I'm not sure why people are bitching about the Dijon mustard thing.  I'm a purist when it comes to burgers (good bun, good beef, good cheese....I've been reading "A Hamburger Today" for far too long!), so mustard isn't my thing, but I'm not going to consider someone a snobby bitch if they put supposedly fancy mustard on theirs.

Written By: Rice_Cube on 05/13/09 at 11:01 am

The conservative radio shows and pundits no longer represent my views.  They have no platform to run on, so they choose to criticize the President's choice of mustard.  That makes me a sad panda.

Written By: MaxwellSmart on 05/14/09 at 7:08 pm

Well, you see, Dijon is Fronsh...so that makes Obama a la-di-f**king-da elitist!  Not the same as you and me, right Sean?
:D

Written By: bookmistress4ever on 05/14/09 at 8:04 pm

hmmm...given this line of thinking, I, at times, must be

A: Communist - because I like Russian dressing on my burger (especially when it has Saurkraut on it - so I guess that makes me a Nazi sympathizer?  8-P )  I can't help it that the diner I go to offers this unusual but yummy burger that I get on occasion.

B: Fancy mustard AND/OR Spicy mustard could make me an elitist I suppose.  I do tend to snub ketchup on my burger (which is funny coming from a Pittsburgh-er (burger?) where Heinz and Hunts both have corporate offices. 

C:  An upper class snob - I've tried and liked A1 Steak Sauce and Heinz 57 sauce on my burger

D: A California Health Nut - since I've tried Guacamole or Avacados on my buger.

Funnily enough, Pittsburgh is also famous for putting the whole meal (cole slaw, french fries) on their sub sandwiches...which I actually don't really like it that way.  I wanna eat it all one at a time.  So perhaps I'm not really a Pittsburgher after all.  :-\\  Go Pens!  ;D

Written By: snozberries on 05/14/09 at 8:56 pm

hmmm...given this line of thinking, I, at times, must be

A: Communist - because I like Russian dressing on my burger (especially when it has Saurkraut on it - so I guess that makes me a Nazi sympathizer?  8-P )  I can't help it that the diner I go to offers this unusual but yummy burger that I get on occasion.

B: Fancy mustard AND/OR Spicy mustard could make me an elitist I suppose.  I do tend to snub ketchup on my burger (which is funny coming from a Pittsburgh-er (burger?) where Heinz and Hunts both have corporate offices. 

C:  An upper class snob - I've tried and liked A1 Steak Sauce and Heinz 57 sauce on my burger

D: A California Health Nut - since I've tried Guacamole or Avacados on my buger.

Funnily enough, Pittsburgh is also famous for putting the whole meal (cole slaw, french fries) on their sub sandwiches...which I actually don't really like it that way.  I wanna eat it all one at a time.  So perhaps I'm not really a Pittsburgher after all.   :-\\  Go Pens!   ;D

I love A-1 on my burgers!!!! I walked out of a burger joint today because they didn't have A1  ;D

Written By: Rice_Cube on 05/14/09 at 9:07 pm

It's how steak is done 8)

Written By: snozberries on 05/14/09 at 9:10 pm

It's how steak is done 8)
;D

Check for new replies or respond here...