» OLD MESSAGE ARCHIVES «
The Pop Culture Information Society...
Messageboard Archive Index, In The 00s - The Pop Culture Information Society

Welcome to the archived messages from In The 00s. This archive stretches back to 1998 in some instances, and contains a nearly complete record of all the messages posted to inthe00s.com. You will also find an archive of the messages from inthe70s.com, inthe80s.com, inthe90s.com and amiright.com before they were combined to form the inthe00s.com messageboard.

If you are looking for the active messages, please click here. Otherwise, use the links below or on the right hand side of the page to navigate the archives.

Custom Search

Subject: CIA tries to claim Bob Graham was briefed on torture too - he proves them WRONG

Written By: ChuckyG on 05/22/09 at 7:43 am

http://www.kk.org/quantifiedself/2009/05/politician-as-self-tracker.php

I had never heard of his little notebooks, it's so geeky though I kind of love it. 

The CIA claims he was briefed four times, and three of those times no meetings were even held.  The forth one did exist, but his notes make no mention of torture.  So yeah, the CIA lied folks.

Subject: Re: CIA tries to claim Bob Graham was briefed on torture too - he proves them WRONG

Written By: Don Carlos on 05/22/09 at 9:12 am

you can't believe a word that they say.

Subject: Re: CIA tries to claim Bob Graham was briefed on torture too - he proves them WRONG

Written By: CatwomanofV on 05/22/09 at 10:39 am

you can't believe a word that they say.

Don't you know it is unAmerican to accuse the CIA of lying-unless of course, you are a Repub, then it is ok.

Cat

Written By: Reynolds1863 on 05/22/09 at 3:20 pm

Tiny notebooks are great.  It's a good thing to have a paper trail. :)

Written By: MaxwellSmart on 05/22/09 at 4:04 pm

Like the article said, sometimes it pays to be OCD...but don't think for a second it'll deter crazy pricks like Newt Gingrich.  It's the Karl Rove school.  Truth is immaterial. 
::)

Written By: Macphisto on 05/22/09 at 4:26 pm

I do find the whole situation rather funny.

As mentioned above, certain conservatives apparently believe that the administration of an agency devoted to espionage doesn't lie.

On the other hand, certain liberals apparently believe Pelosi doesn't lie.

They all lie.  It's a prerequisite of running for office.

Written By: MaxwellSmart on 05/22/09 at 4:32 pm

I do find the whole situation rather funny.

As mentioned above, certain conservatives apparently believe that the administration of an agency devoted to espionage doesn't lie.

On the other hand, certain liberals apparently believe Pelosi doesn't lie.

I believe Pelosi was subterfuge either way.

Written By: Samwise on 05/24/09 at 11:13 am

God bless Bob Graham and his obsessive note-taking.

Written By: philbo on 05/24/09 at 6:18 pm

Lying isn't a prerequisite of running for office, but it *is* required to actually get elected.  Anybody who tells the truth all the time simply doesn't have a snowball's chance in hell of getting people to vote for him/her.

Written By: MaxwellSmart on 05/25/09 at 12:05 am

Lying isn't a prerequisite of running for office, but it *is* required to actually get elected.  Anybody who tells the truth all the time simply doesn't have a snowball's chance in hell of getting people to vote for him/her.

The strategy if you're considering running for public office some day is to arrange your misdeeds in such a way that you don't have to mention them at all...in other words don't get caught and never bribe too low!
http://www.inthe00s.com/smile/07/pfiade.gif

Written By: Don Carlos on 05/25/09 at 9:12 am

The strategy if you're considering running for public office some day is to arrange your misdeeds in such a way that you don't have to mention them at all...in other words don't get caught and never bribe too low!
http://www.inthe00s.com/smile/07/pfiade.gif

Or don't try to hide anything, just let it all hang out so as to defuse the inevitable attack and dodge the mud.  "Of course I inhaled, I inhaled a lot, that was the point"

Check for new replies or respond here...