» OLD MESSAGE ARCHIVES «
The Pop Culture Information Society...
Messageboard Archive Index, In The 00s - The Pop Culture Information Society

Welcome to the archived messages from In The 00s. This archive stretches back to 1998 in some instances, and contains a nearly complete record of all the messages posted to inthe00s.com. You will also find an archive of the messages from inthe70s.com, inthe80s.com, inthe90s.com and amiright.com before they were combined to form the inthe00s.com messageboard.

If you are looking for the active messages, please click here. Otherwise, use the links below or on the right hand side of the page to navigate the archives.

Custom Search

Subject: Accomplice in Che Guevera's Capture Awarded $1,000,000,000

Written By: LyricBoy on 05/30/09 at 4:40 pm

http://www.google.com/hostednews/ap/article/ALeqM5igF7GlWgqnWvHSxxnj-Lo_kS7vUAD98G5M702

Seems that when Che Guevara and his cronies took over Cuba back in the 1950's, they were not very kind to Gustavo Villoldo's father.

Ol' Gustavo did not let this go unavenged, and he ultimately worked with the Bolivians and the CIA to capture and snuff Che in 1967.

Anyway, Gustavo and his family just won a lawsuit against the Cuban government for the events leading up to his father's suicide.  Hit 'em for a cool $1,000,000,000.  Of course not very likely he will see any of the dough.

Persistent man, that Gustavo.  But I am sort of thinking he got his "closure" 42 years ago. 

Subject: Re: Accomplice in Che Guevera's Capture Awarded $1,000,000,000

Written By: danootaandme on 05/31/09 at 9:03 am

Hmmmmm...I wonder what Guantanamo will end up costing us.

Written By: LyricBoy on 05/31/09 at 9:20 am

Hmmmmm...I wonder what Guantanamo will end up costing us.

Rent on the place costs a cool $1.00 per year.

Written By: Mushroom on 05/31/09 at 11:59 am

Rent on the place costs a cool $1.00 per year.

Actually, it's $4,085 a year.

And since taking power, the Castro government has only cashed 1 rent check.  He keeps all subsiquent rent checks in his desk drawer, uncashed.

;D

Check for new replies or respond here...