» OLD MESSAGE ARCHIVES «
The Pop Culture Information Society...
Messageboard Archive Index, In The 00s - The Pop Culture Information Society

Welcome to the archived messages from In The 00s. This archive stretches back to 1998 in some instances, and contains a nearly complete record of all the messages posted to inthe00s.com. You will also find an archive of the messages from inthe70s.com, inthe80s.com, inthe90s.com and amiright.com before they were combined to form the inthe00s.com messageboard.

If you are looking for the active messages, please click here. Otherwise, use the links below or on the right hand side of the page to navigate the archives.

Custom Search

Subject: Member of "Religion of Peace" kills usher in a church

Written By: ChuckyG on 05/31/09 at 3:39 pm

http://www.kansas.com/news/breaking/story/833730.html

Subject: Re: Member of "Religion of Peace" kills usher in a church

Written By: Macphisto on 05/31/09 at 4:40 pm

Kansas....  what do you expect?...  Religion and peace rarely go together.

Written By: Reynolds1863 on 05/31/09 at 5:52 pm

Why is it that male anti-abortion activist between the ages of 30-60 are the most violent?  You don't see women gunning down the people they protest in a church. 

Written By: LyricBoy on 05/31/09 at 7:32 pm

Why is it that male anti-abortion activist between the ages of 30-60 are the most violent?  You don't see women gunning down the people they protest in a church. 

Yeah, but women in general tend to not use guns.  They tend to smother their children, drown them, or cut off their hubby's winkies.

Written By: GWBush2004 on 05/31/09 at 7:55 pm

Umm....when George Tiller was shot and survived in 1993, it was by a woman.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Shelley_Shannon

Written By: Reynolds1863 on 05/31/09 at 7:57 pm

Yeah, but women in general tend to not use guns.  They tend to smother their children, drown them, or cut off their hubby's winkies.

It just strikes me as interesting that middle-aged or older men seem to be the once who are the violent ones in the anti-abortion movement.

Written By: LyricBoy on 05/31/09 at 8:00 pm

It just strikes me as interesting that middle-aged or older men seem to be the once who are the violent ones in the anti-abortion movement.

With apparently the exception of Shelley Shannon and her daughter, it would seem...

Written By: Reynolds1863 on 05/31/09 at 8:01 pm

Umm....when George Tiller was shot and survived in 1993, it was by a woman.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Shelley_Shannon

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Anti-abortion_violence_in_the_United_States

Written By: Reynolds1863 on 05/31/09 at 8:01 pm

With apparently the exception of Shelley Shannon and her daughter, it would seem...

Yep.

Written By: SoulAsylum on 05/31/09 at 8:36 pm

This is terrible.  I'm against abortion, but murdering someone is no better than abortion.  Ironic how the man goes to church, considering the number of religious people against abortion.  It must have been your not everyday run of the mill church for the most part.  I say most part, because obviously one of the members was prolife. 

Written By: Reynolds1863 on 05/31/09 at 8:59 pm

This is terrible.  I'm against abortion, but murdering someone is no better than abortion.  Ironic how the man goes to church, considering the number of religious people against abortion.  It must have been your not everyday run of the mill church for the most part.  I say most part, because obviously one of the members was prolife.   

Are you saying people of religion can't be Pro-Choice?  What about the organization Catholics for Choice?  You'd be surprised how many church goers are Pro-Choice. 

Written By: SoulAsylum on 05/31/09 at 9:51 pm

Are you saying people of religion can't be Pro-Choice?  What about the organization Catholics for Choice?  You'd be surprised how many church goers are Pro-Choice. 

No, I didn't say anything of the sort.  Didn't even imply it.  What I am saying is that there are a large amount of religious prolife people out there in the world.  I'd say the majority of religious people are prolife.  Sometimes I feel like I'm the only pro life person alive that isn't religious and doesn't base my beliefs on what a God would think or not think. 

If someone is relgious and pro choice, fantastic.  I don't care either way.  For me to find it a bit suprising that there are churches that openingly and lovingly accept an abortionist, isn't something all that shocking.  I'm sure it happens, but I went to a religious school and lived in a very relgious town before.  I guess I'm used to people alienating me because my parents were divorced and that was a sure shot ticket to Hell.

Written By: Reynolds1863 on 05/31/09 at 10:47 pm

No, I didn't say anything of the sort.  Didn't even imply it.   What I am saying is that there are a large amount of religious prolife people out there in the world.  I'd say the majority of religious people are prolife.   Sometimes I feel like I'm the only pro life person alive that isn't religious and doesn't base my beliefs on what a God would think or not think. 

If someone is relgious and pro choice, fantastic.  I don't care either way.  For me to find it a bit suprising that there are churches that openingly and lovingly accept an abortionist, isn't something all that shocking.   I'm sure it happens, but I went to a religious school and lived in a very relgious town before.   I guess I'm used to people alienating me because my parents were divorced and that was a sure shot ticket to Hell.

Just checking.  Yes religious people have a tendency to lean towards being Pro-Life.  No many people who are highly moralistic yet not religious are Pro-life.  He belonged to a Reformed Lutheran Church they're not very strict in who they accept as parishioners.  A few steps short of being Unitarian  in that sense.  Yep, parents divorce will sent you to hell.  That and wearing polyester bell bottoms. :D

Written By: MaxwellSmart on 06/01/09 at 12:42 am

This is terrorism pushed by religious zealots.  Period.

These butts think they're doing God's work by killing doctors who provide abortion services.  If you're on a mission from God, you can do anything you want and the good Lord'll forgive you. 

Maybe the next abortion doctor will think about that and knock off the baby-killing, right?

Yeah, I know, all the religious whackos on FOX News will condemn murder of Dr. Tiller, and then qualify it with buts, ifs, and what-ifs!

http://www.inthe00s.com/smile/09/schuss.gif

Written By: Jessica on 06/01/09 at 10:38 am

I made the mistake of reading comments on that story.  My Lord, are people really that f*cking crazy?  There were at least fifty or more that said he deserved it because he was killing babies. :-\\

Written By: MaxwellSmart on 06/01/09 at 3:41 pm

I made the mistake of reading comments on that story.  My Lord, are people really that f*cking crazy?  There were at least fifty or more that said he deserved it because he was killing babies. :-\\

What if the guy who shot Tiller was a Muslim and said he was saving Allah's children?  Would they still say the same?
::)

Written By: Macphisto on 06/01/09 at 7:46 pm

What if the guy who shot Tiller was a Muslim and said he was saving Allah's children?  Would they still say the same?
::)

Very true....  but it just goes to show that Judeo-Christian religions in general are often nutty.

Written By: ChuckyG on 06/08/09 at 10:51 pm

I split the topic from when a certain banned member appeared, and deleted all posts from that point forward.  Sorry I didn't spot them earlier.

Check for new replies or respond here...