» OLD MESSAGE ARCHIVES «
The Pop Culture Information Society...
Messageboard Archive Index, In The 00s - The Pop Culture Information Society

Welcome to the archived messages from In The 00s. This archive stretches back to 1998 in some instances, and contains a nearly complete record of all the messages posted to inthe00s.com. You will also find an archive of the messages from inthe70s.com, inthe80s.com, inthe90s.com and amiright.com before they were combined to form the inthe00s.com messageboard.

If you are looking for the active messages, please click here. Otherwise, use the links below or on the right hand side of the page to navigate the archives.

Custom Search

Subject: Two death threats against Obama in one day

Written By: Ryan112390 on 06/05/09 at 11:07 am

Drake, former SBC officer, says he's praying for Obama to die

Quote:
NEW YORK (ABP) -- A former Southern Baptist Convention officer who on June 2 called the death of abortion provider George Tiller an answer to prayer said later in the day he is also praying "imprecatory prayer" against President Obama. Wiley Drake, pastor of First Southern Baptist Church in Buena Park, Calif., and former running mate of American Independent Party presidential candidate Alan Keyes, said June 2 on Fox News Radio he didn't understand why people were upset with his comments quoted by Associated Baptist Press from a webcast of his daily radio talk show.

Asked if there are others for whom Drake is praying "imprecatory prayer," Drake hesitated before answering that there are several. "The usurper that is in the White House is one, B. Hussein Obama," he said.
Later in the interview, Colmes returned to Drake's answer to make sure he heard him right.
"Are you praying for his death?" Colmes asked.
"Yes," Drake replied.
"So you're praying for the death of the president of the United States?"
"Yes."

Colmes asked Drake if he was concerned that by saying that he might be placed on a Secret Service or FBI watch list, and if he believed it appropriate to talk or pray that way.
"I think it's appropriate to pray the Word of God," Drake said. "I'm not saying anything. What I am doing is repeating what God is saying, and if that puts me on somebody's list, then I'll just have to be on their list."
http://rightwingwatch.org/content/wiley-drake-prays-obamas-death

and in Utah, a man named David Murray is charged by the FBI after saying he's on a mission to kill Obama. He has at least 8 registered firearms but his whereabouts are unknown.

"We are 94 million miles from the sun, and are in between the sun and moon, and the eagle that flies between them and it's a giant step for mankind," he snarled. "If I don't get this money, someone is going to die."

"I have traveled thousands of miles to be here and know things that are going to happen," Murray's tirade continued. "The banking system will fail and people will die. There will be chaos in the world."

http://www.nydailynews.com/news/us_w...xzz0HZbgmaON&D

Subject: Re: Two death threats against Obama in one day

Written By: Rice_Cube on 06/05/09 at 1:25 pm

That's brilliant.

Written By: SoulAsylum on 06/05/09 at 2:33 pm

Drake, former SBC officer, says he's praying for Obama to die

Quote:
NEW YORK (ABP) -- A former Southern Baptist Convention officer who on June 2 called the death of abortion provider George Tiller an answer to prayer said later in the day he is also praying "imprecatory prayer" against President Obama. Wiley Drake, pastor of First Southern Baptist Church in Buena Park, Calif., and former running mate of American Independent Party presidential candidate Alan Keyes, said June 2 on Fox News Radio he didn't understand why people were upset with his comments quoted by Associated Baptist Press from a webcast of his daily radio talk show.

Asked if there are others for whom Drake is praying "imprecatory prayer," Drake hesitated before answering that there are several. "The usurper that is in the White House is one, B. Hussein Obama," he said.
Later in the interview, Colmes returned to Drake's answer to make sure he heard him right.
"Are you praying for his death?" Colmes asked.
"Yes," Drake replied.
"So you're praying for the death of the president of the United States?"
"Yes."

Colmes asked Drake if he was concerned that by saying that he might be placed on a Secret Service or FBI watch list, and if he believed it appropriate to talk or pray that way.
"I think it's appropriate to pray the Word of God," Drake said. "I'm not saying anything. What I am doing is repeating what God is saying, and if that puts me on somebody's list, then I'll just have to be on their list."
http://rightwingwatch.org/content/wiley-drake-prays-obamas-death

and in Utah, a man named David Murray is charged by the FBI after saying he's on a mission to kill Obama. He has at least 8 registered firearms but his whereabouts are unknown.

"We are 94 million miles from the sun, and are in between the sun and moon, and the eagle that flies between them and it's a giant step for mankind," he snarled. "If I don't get this money, someone is going to die."

"I have traveled thousands of miles to be here and know things that are going to happen," Murray's tirade continued. "The banking system will fail and people will die. There will be chaos in the world."

http://www.nydailynews.com/news/us_w...xzz0HZbgmaON&D

The words that stick out the most in my mind in this issue are "Southern" and above all "Baptist"

In theory Religion is the answer to all of our problems.  In practice it is the opposition of solution. 

Written By: Rice_Cube on 06/05/09 at 4:02 pm

The words that stick out the most in my mind in this issue are "Southern" and above all "Baptist"

In theory organized Religion is the answer to all of our problems.  In practice it is the opposition of solution. 

Fixed :)

Written By: SoulAsylum on 06/05/09 at 4:09 pm

Fixed :)

Ah, I'll accept that. 

Written By: Macphisto on 06/05/09 at 4:37 pm

I guess we're lucky that a lot of the nuttiest people are willing to discuss their murderous plans and intentions with multiple people.

Written By: Samwise on 06/06/09 at 8:06 am

Even though I know he's got an armored car and is surrounded at all times by Secret Service agents, and even though I know the vast majority of these would-be assassins are total dumbasses... it still makes me nervous to read stories like this. :-\\

Another threat was published in a western Pennsylvania newspaper. See, Mr. President? We don't cling to guns and religion! We just cling to guns! ::)

Written By: Don Carlos on 06/06/09 at 9:59 am

This crap is all to predictable, but it's the silent nutcases I'm worried about.

Written By: LyricBoy on 06/06/09 at 10:13 am

This crap is all to predictable, but it's the silent nutcases I'm worried about.

Yep.  It is usually the wack jobs like Sara Jane Moore, Squeeky Fromme, Samuel Byck, John Schrank, Richard Lawrence, Charles Guiteau, or John Hinckley that you have to watch out for, because you never see them coming.

Written By: MaxwellSmart on 06/08/09 at 12:41 am

Yep.  It is usually the wack jobs like Sara Jane Moore, Squeeky Fromme, Samuel Byck, John Schrank, Richard Lawrence, Charles Guiteau, or John Hinckley that you have to watch out for, because you never see them coming.

Well, John Hinckley's big brother was a good friend of Neil Bush and the Hinckley family, a Texas oil clan, gave a zillion dollars to Daddy Bush's 1980 campaign...and crap happens!
http://www.inthe00s.com/smile/10/ylsurprise.gif

Written By: danootaandme on 06/08/09 at 5:37 am

Well, John Hinckley's big brother was a good friend of Neil Bush and the Hinckley family, a Texas oil clan, gave a zillion dollars to Daddy Bush's 1980 campaign...and crap happens!
http://www.inthe00s.com/smile/10/ylsurprise.gif

Funny how he is the one who gets to go to a mental hospital instead of prison, then gets to have overnight home "furloughs"

Written By: Dagwood on 06/08/09 at 7:32 am

That's the truth.

Written By: LyricBoy on 06/08/09 at 8:43 am

Funny how he is the one who gets to go to a mental hospital instead of prison, then gets to have overnight home "furloughs"

Not for a lack of trying from the justice department.  Justice (understandably) fought to keep this guy in the pokie for life, and then some!

Written By: danootaandme on 06/13/09 at 5:44 am

During the bushie years there was, a sharp rise in the number of hate groups.  Now they are being told they must behave, and they just don't like being told that.

Written By: MaxwellSmart on 06/13/09 at 12:01 pm

Not for a lack of trying from the justice department.  Justice (understandably) fought to keep this guy in the pokie for life, and then some!

Wouldn'cha know it?  He shoots the president and he gets furloughs to go to his mom and pop's house for sleepovers. 

I shot the 7-11 clerk in the ass for Hillary Duff, told the judge I was nuts, and I can't even get an extra ten minutes in the exercise yard!
What gives?

:P

Written By: Reynolds1863 on 06/13/09 at 12:20 pm

Wouldn'cha know it?  He shoots the president and he gets furloughs to go to his mom and pop's house for sleepovers. 

I shot the 7-11 clerk in the ass for Hillary Duff, told the judge I was nuts, and I can't even get an extra ten minutes in the exercise yard!
What gives?

:P

Perhaps it really does pay to be ambitious. :-\\

Written By: Tia on 06/15/09 at 3:05 pm

am i the only one who cant make heads or tails out of all that 94 million mile sun moon earth eagle stuff? what the hell is that supposed to mean?

Written By: La Roche on 06/15/09 at 3:33 pm

am i the only one who cant make heads or tails out of all that 94 million mile sun moon earth eagle stuff? what the hell is that supposed to mean?

It means he's willing to walk 94,000,000 miles if it will impress some chick with an eagle tattooed on the side of her ass that faces the moon.

Written By: MaxwellSmart on 06/15/09 at 7:45 pm

It means he's willing to walk 94,000,000 miles if it will impress some chick with an eagle tattooed on the side of her ass that faces the moon.

How do you keep it facing the moon?
???

Written By: Tia on 06/16/09 at 8:08 am

ah, now that you've explained it, it seems so obvious.

weird thing is, the 94 million part is basically accurate. he tosses in a factoid hardly anyone knows and then proceeds to rave like a lunatic. a well-informed lunatic.

Written By: La Roche on 06/16/09 at 11:37 am

How do you keep it facing the moon?
???

Pivot.

ah, now that you've explained it, it seems so obvious.

weird thing is, the 94 million part is basically accurate. he tosses in a factoid hardly anyone knows and then proceeds to rave like a lunatic. a well-informed lunatic.

I think that's the only thing that scares me, that churchies are wising up to science.

Written By: MaxwellSmart on 06/16/09 at 10:42 pm

Pivot.

The ass or the moon?  The moon would be a lot of work, on the other hand I knew this one gal...

Oh, never mind.
:-X

Check for new replies or respond here...