» OLD MESSAGE ARCHIVES «
The Pop Culture Information Society...
Messageboard Archive Index, In The 00s - The Pop Culture Information Society

Welcome to the archived messages from In The 00s. This archive stretches back to 1998 in some instances, and contains a nearly complete record of all the messages posted to inthe00s.com. You will also find an archive of the messages from inthe70s.com, inthe80s.com, inthe90s.com and amiright.com before they were combined to form the inthe00s.com messageboard.

If you are looking for the active messages, please click here. Otherwise, use the links below or on the right hand side of the page to navigate the archives.

Custom Search

Subject: 88-year-old white supremacist shoots up Holocaust Museum

Written By: MaxwellSmart on 06/10/09 at 9:15 pm

I guess you're never too old to be deadly:

An elderly white supremacist who nursed a lifelong hatred of Jews and blacks is suspected of bursting into the U.S. Holocaust Memorial Museum in Washington on Wednesday and gunning down a security guard, before being shot himself on a terror-filled afternoon at one of the most revered sites in the American capital. Police said the assailant is James von Brunn, an 88-year-old Maryland man. Some facts about Mr. Von Brunn:

• On his white supremacy website, holywesternempire.org, Mr. Von Brunn claims to have served during World War II as a PT boat captain and be a decorated veteran.

• He describes himself as a journalist, a professional writer and painter.

•  His writings reveal a committed white supremacist and hardened Holocaust denier with a long-simmering resentments against Jews and minorities.

• He railed in a recent blog posting that “America is a Third-World racial garbage-dump — stupid, ignorant, dead-broke, and terminal.”

• Walked into the Washington headquarters of the Federal Reserve System on Dec. 7, 1981, armed with a revolver, a hunting knife and a sawed-off shotgun. Claimed he wanted to take board members hostage to focus media attention on their responsibility for high interest rates and the nation’s economic difficulties. He was convicted in 1983 and served six years in prison for attempted kidnapping, burglary, assault and weapons charges.

(Text from NP Post)

You don't have to do much digging on the Internet to turn up twisted racist scumbags such as Von Brunn.  Their blogs are legion.  Twenty years ago they had only a few ultra-right publishing houses to spread their hate.  The white supremacists used to hit the neo-nazi rally and skinhead festival circuit, but beyond that, their message was restricted.  I believe in the First Amendment.  Creeps like old man Von Brunn have every right to say they hate the blacks, the Jews, the gays, and whoever else....but don't think for a second Von Brunn is just some kind of "lone wolf."  He's got plenty of company out there.

I do find such a violent act remarkable for a man of Von Brunn's age.

Subject: Re: 88-year-old white supremacist shoots up Holocaust Museum

Written By: whistledog on 06/10/09 at 9:22 pm

88 years old.  Wow!  He must've had hidden guns inside his walker

Written By: Macphisto on 06/10/09 at 11:07 pm

Someone at a different forum noticed this...  88 years old...  Could it be a reference to 14/88?

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Fourteen_Words

Written By: MaxwellSmart on 06/11/09 at 6:58 am

Someone at a different forum noticed this...  88 years old...  Could it be a reference to 14/88?

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Fourteen_Words

I'm glad whoever noticed THAT was in a different forum!
::)

Written By: Below Average Dave on 06/11/09 at 8:49 am

All I can say is it's very sad, and scary at the same time that a good, hard working, employee like Johns can get up one day a happy man to be killed simply for working in the wrong place and having the wrong colored skin in the eyes of his terrorizer.  It's sickening, I realize that not everyone on the right wing is a fanatic, but when groups spew their hate and preach it with such commitment, it doesn't always fall on deaf ears.  Tillerman was killed by someone influenced by the speakings of Anti-Abortion Fanatics whose sharp tongues turned disagreement into hate, and this old man likewise was influenced by strong hateful sentiment that ultimately resulted in the death of a protector, innocent, and peaceful man--my thoughts are with their family, and I hope that they know the majority of us see this as insanity. . . .  :(

Written By: Reynolds1863 on 06/11/09 at 3:44 pm

Didn't Homeland Security warn of potential Right-Wing terrorism?  The boys and girls from Fox Noise made a big stink about it and said it was overblown.  People on the fringe are acting out because it seems the left is winning.  Dobson himself said it "we've lost the culture war, the world is now a washed with evil."  Progress is a bitch to people who feel equality is not a right and it's their right to oppress.

Written By: Macphisto on 06/11/09 at 5:45 pm

I'm glad whoever noticed THAT was in a different forum!

Hey man...  you gotta read between the lines.  These extremist types are often into numerology.

Written By: MaxwellSmart on 06/11/09 at 9:49 pm

Didn't Homeland Security warn of potential Right-Wing terrorism?  The boys and girls from Fox Noise made a big stink about it and said it was overblown.  People on the fringe are acting out because it seems the left is winning.  Dobson himself said it "we've lost the culture war, the world is now a washed with evil."  Progress is a bitch to people who feel equality is not a right and it's their right to oppress.

Rush Limburger blamed it all on the liberals today but he's blown a few cylinders, so...I mean, I'd like to argue with you Rush, but you gotta give me something to work with!

The truly pathetic thing about all these conservative white men turning to violence is the people who made their lives miserable are generally...conservative white men.

Hey man...  you gotta read between the lines.  These extremist types are often into numerology.

Yeah, like H is the 8th letter in the alphabet, so 88 = HH, which stands for Heil Hitler.  Woooow, that's deep!

http://www.inthe00s.com/smile/10/unhappy.gif  

Tillerman was killed by someone influenced by the speakings of Anti-Abortion Fanatics

You mean Tiller?  Maybe you're thinking of the Cat Stevens album "Tea for the Tillerman"!

Written By: Macphisto on 06/11/09 at 10:49 pm

Yeah, like H is the 8th letter in the alphabet, so 88 = HH, which stands for Heil Hitler.  Woooow, that's deep!

http://www.inthe00s.com/smile/10/unhappy.gif

Would you expect a neo-Nazi to be deep?...

Written By: Jessica on 06/11/09 at 11:05 pm

The truly pathetic thing about all these conservative white men turning to violence is the people who made their lives miserable are generally...conservative white men.

I thought it was the illegal immigrants? ;)

Written By: Macphisto on 06/11/09 at 11:22 pm

Well, a lot of problems can be traced to white men hiring illegals, but I digress.

Written By: Jessica on 06/11/09 at 11:26 pm

http://i131.photobucket.com/albums/p291/beltana/double-facepalm-1.jpg

Written By: MaxwellSmart on 06/11/09 at 11:30 pm

Would you expect a neo-Nazi to be deep?...

Deep in dogsh*t would be my preference.
http://www.inthe00s.com/smile/13/icon_brilsmurf.gif

Written By: Foo Bar on 06/11/09 at 11:40 pm

• He describes himself as a journalist, a professional writer and painter.

"Hey, you know who else wrote and painted stuff?"

http://img151.imageshack.us/img151/9518/roflbotsodh.jpg

Written By: JamieMcBain on 06/12/09 at 8:28 am

I agree, he is a an grade A asshole.

Written By: Tia on 06/12/09 at 8:33 am

http://img.wonkette.com/wp-content/uploads/2009/06/tappertwitter061109.jpg

Written By: Reynolds1863 on 06/12/09 at 9:57 am

Well, a lot of problems can be traced to white men hiring illegals, but I digress.

Saver is that you?  What have you done with Macphisto???

Written By: Don Carlos on 06/12/09 at 10:11 am

Well, if a left nutwing  and a right  nutwing agree, there must be an element of truth, no?

Written By: Tia on 06/12/09 at 10:36 am

Well, if a left nutwing  and a right  nutwing agree, there must be an element of truth, no?
in his letter van braunn accused obama of "creating the jews." which is an idea i'm having a little trouble getting my head around.

and i'm still not clear whether obama's supposed to be a rev.wright-style anti-semite, or a lackey for likud. racism is confusing!

Written By: MaxwellSmart on 06/12/09 at 3:46 pm

I'll bet the one thing BHO would do if he could do it over again is steer clear of Rev. Wright.  That guy's a total douchenozzle.  He knew that nasty talk about "them Jews" would get picked up by the press; he HAD to know.  Either he wants to make trouble for Obama, or he can't control his mouth.  In either case, Wright is a dangerous bigot. 

The story couldn't come out at a worse time either.  The right wing (not to be confused with the Wright-wing) now has a bogus trifecta with which to bash Obama:  BHO saying Israel needs to stop the illegal settlements (which they're making tantamount to Juden Raus), Von Brunn murdering the guard at the holocaust memorial, and now Obama's pastor shooting his mouth off about "them Jews."

Written By: Macphisto on 06/12/09 at 4:20 pm

Saver is that you?  What have you done with Macphisto???

I know this forum is considerably more liberal than most of the ones I've been to, but I don't see why what I said needed a facepalm.  It's true.

A lot of problems come from illegal immigration, and white men often are the ones hiring the illegals.

It's not my fault that Jessica is so touchy about that subject.  She really needs to get over it and face reality.

Anyways...  while I do share a few things in common with saver in terms of stances, that's because I'm a moderate.  I know on this forum I'm a conservative by comparison, but in most social environments, I'm left of center.

I just don't quite understand why so many liberals act like mentioning illegal immigration is a faux pas.

Written By: Reynolds1863 on 06/12/09 at 5:30 pm

I know this forum is considerably more liberal than most of the ones I've been to, but I don't see why what I said needed a facepalm.  It's true.

A lot of problems come from illegal immigration, and white men often are the ones hiring the illegals.

It's not my fault that Jessica is so touchy about that subject.  She really needs to get over it and face reality.

Anyways...  while I do share a few things in common with saver in terms of stances, that's because I'm a moderate.  I know on this forum I'm a conservative by comparison, but in most social environments, I'm left of center.

I just don't quite understand why so many liberals act like mentioning illegal immigration is a faux pas.

Didn't I mention corporate America being to blame for some of this awhile ago?  They don't have to deal with 401k, health insurance, just pretty much pay them under the table.  In answer to your question it's because Immigrants are people too.

Written By: Jessica on 06/12/09 at 5:42 pm

First of all, WTF?

Second of all, talk about being touchy.  YOU'RE the one who got your panties in a wad over a f*cking stupid picture.  You're making it sound like I insulted your family or something.  Perhaps YOU should be the one to be getting over "it", whatever "it" is.

For the record, you got a facepalm because I was being facetious in my remark and you took it like it was some ultimate truth that just HAD to be answered.  Guess my winking smiley didn't clue you in to the joke.  I'm sorry you don't get my brand of humor.

Written By: Macphisto on 06/12/09 at 5:54 pm

Didn't I mention corporate America being to blame for some of this awhile ago?  They don't have to deal with 401k, health insurance, just pretty much pay them under the table.  In answer to your question it's because Immigrants are people too.

Being human doesn't give someone the right to enter a country illegally anymore than it gives their employers the right to hire them illegally.

Written By: Macphisto on 06/12/09 at 5:57 pm

First of all, WTF?

Second of all, talk about being touchy.  YOU'RE the one who got your panties in a wad over a f*cking stupid picture.  You're making it sound like I insulted your family or something.  Perhaps YOU should be the one to be getting over "it", whatever "it" is.

For the record, you got a facepalm because I was being facetious in my remark and you took it like it was some ultimate truth that just HAD to be answered.  Guess my winking smiley didn't clue you in to the joke.  I'm sorry you don't get my brand of humor.

That sounds like backpedalling to me.  Plus, note that I haven't had to resort to expletives.  Try a calmer approach and you might come off as a little more stable.

Written By: Jessica on 06/12/09 at 6:16 pm

That sounds like backpedalling to me.  Plus, note that I haven't had to resort to expletives.  Try a calmer approach and you might come off as a little more stable.

Wow, you've just got me "WTF"ing? all over the place today.

Don't you have to first have an argument to backpedal?  Unless my "instability" is kicking in and I'm not longer "facing reality", I don't remember ever giving you my arguments on immigration, so how can I be backpedaling?

My comment to Max was a smartassed joke, believe it or not.  I really don't care.  I've told you once before that I rarely talk about immigration because what I would really say to the lot of you who despise illegals would get me banned.  Therefore, I will not answer you anymore, lest I get my own ass in a sling.

As for you not resorting to expletives.....totally irrelevant, dude.  If that was supposed to shame me and make me feel ignorant, it didn't.  Nice try, though.

Written By: Macphisto on 06/12/09 at 7:40 pm

Wow, you've just got me "WTF"ing? all over the place today.

Don't you have to first have an argument to backpedal?  Unless my "instability" is kicking in and I'm not longer "facing reality", I don't remember ever giving you my arguments on immigration, so how can I be backpedaling?

My comment to Max was a smartassed joke, believe it or not.  I really don't care.  I've told you once before that I rarely talk about immigration because what I would really say to the lot of you who despise illegals would get me banned.  Therefore, I will not answer you anymore, lest I get my own ass in a sling.

As for you not resorting to expletives.....totally irrelevant, dude.  If that was supposed to shame me and make me feel ignorant, it didn't.  Nice try, though.

Whatever floats your boat.  I can't think of a single issue that renders me incapable of discussing something rationally enough to not be banned....

Written By: LyricBoy on 06/12/09 at 9:34 pm

I read where he determined that "The Roman Catholic Church was invented by the Israeli Government"

;D ;D

Written By: Ashkicksass on 06/12/09 at 9:48 pm

http://i131.photobucket.com/albums/p291/beltana/double-facepalm-1.jpg

This is like...the greatest picture in the history of the world.

Written By: Ashkicksass on 06/12/09 at 9:51 pm

First of all, Jessica isn't "touchy" about the subject.  The fact that someone has an opposing opinion doesn't make them touchy.  You and I have tussled over racism in the past, so you could just as easily say that I am touchy about that subject.  Wouldn't it be more accurate to say that Jessica is passionate about her viewpoint and isn't afraid to express it?

Written By: LyricBoy on 06/13/09 at 7:49 am

Well, maybe the POTUS is controlled by the Jews, but the SCOTUS is firmly in the hands of we Roamin' Catholics.

If Sotomayor gets confirmed, the SCOTUS scoreboard will read:

Catholics - 6
Jews - 2
Protestants - 1

That's gotta really chap the ass of any self-respecting supremacist!  ;D ;D ;D

Written By: Macphisto on 06/13/09 at 10:27 am

First of all, Jessica isn't "touchy" about the subject.  The fact that someone has an opposing opinion doesn't make them touchy.  You and I have tussled over racism in the past, so you could just as easily say that I am touchy about that subject.  Wouldn't it be more accurate to say that Jessica is passionate about her viewpoint and isn't afraid to express it?

I disagree.  She admits openly that her opinion on the matter would get her banned if she expressed it.  That sounds touchy to me.

If you have a view that you can't express without getting banned, that's pretty touchy.  Even being passionate about something shouldn't be so unrestrained that you can't express it in a civil way.

Written By: MaxwellSmart on 06/13/09 at 11:54 am

I read where he determined that "The Roman Catholic Church was invented by the Israeli Government"

;D ;D

I read he determined white supremacy was just a Jew myth!
http://www.inthe00s.com/smile/13/icon_scratch.gif

Written By: Don Carlos on 06/14/09 at 11:09 am

I disagree.  She admits openly that her opinion on the matter would get her banned if she expressed it.  That sounds touchy to me.

If you have a view that you can't express without getting banned, that's pretty touchy.  Even being passionate about something shouldn't be so unrestrained that you can't express it in a civil way.

Seems to me that both you and Jessica have descended into the netherworld of name calling and personal attacks.  So please, the both of you, take a deep breath, count to ten, and get back on the high road.  You are both much too intelligent for this stuff.  Thank you.

Written By: Macphisto on 06/14/09 at 1:08 pm

Seems to me that both you and Jessica have descended into the netherworld of name calling and personal attacks.  So please, the both of you, take a deep breath, count to ten, and get back on the high road.  You are both much too intelligent for this stuff.  Thank you.

Well, admittedly, there's not much left to discuss here.  This thread has kind of died down.

Written By: Reynolds1863 on 06/15/09 at 10:58 am

The latest.  The son of the shooter wishes his Dad had died instead of the security guard.  Thinks his dad is a coward.

Written By: Rice_Cube on 06/15/09 at 11:16 am

The latest.  The son of the shooter wishes his Dad had died instead of the security guard.  Thinks his dad is a coward.

Good to know there's still some honor in that family.

Written By: Reynolds1863 on 06/15/09 at 12:55 pm

Good to know there's still some honor in that family.

Yeah, the son is pretty cool despite having a f-ed up father.

Written By: MaxwellSmart on 06/15/09 at 7:46 pm

Yeah, the son is pretty cool despite having a f-ed up father.

Sounds familiar!

Written By: tv on 06/18/09 at 2:58 pm

To me its "hateful" of what Keith Olberman, Rachel Maddow, or Rush Limbaugh saying this 88 year old guy is a "right wing or left wing extremist". This 88 year old is "crazy" and it has nothing to do with right or left wing motives in my opinion anyway. 

I wish the Democratic commentators would stop blaming Bill O' Riley or Glenn Beck for things too that other people who commit crimes do.

Written By: Tia on 06/18/09 at 3:19 pm

yeah i think that would actually be irresponsible. olberman was explicit in saying this guy wasn't a rank-and-file republican but he was definitely a conservative partusan. he was a regular on free republic. meanwhile o'reilly was repeatedly calling this doctor a "babykiller" and calling attention to him. he arguably played as big a role as the shooter in the doctor's death, since if it hadn't been for o'reilly this guy would probably still be alive.

e'reilly has a history of this sort of thing. after 911 he advocated cutting off food to afghanistan and starving the entire population, civilians included, if the talixan didin't turn over bin laden. that's using the media ho advocate collective punishment and genocide and technically, it's a war crime.

i know it's vogue to allege some sort of equivalency between right wing commentators and folks like KO and maddow but i don't see it. when has olbermann, or particularly maddow -- who actually is VERY mild -- advocated otarvation as an instrument of war? has a mainstream liberal commentator ever done anything like accusing widows of enjoying their husbands' death, like ann coulter reggularly does? can a case be made that any liberal commentator has encited a murder? because like it or not that case CAN be made in o'reilly's case and there's a lot of evidence to support it. incnvenient to some bit facts are facts.

Written By: Macphisto on 06/18/09 at 4:17 pm

yeah i think that would actually be irresponsible. olberman was explicit in saying this guy wasn't a rank-and-file republican but he was definitely a conservative partusan. he was a regular on free republic. meanwhile o'reilly was repeatedly calling this doctor a "babykiller" and calling attention to him. he arguably played as big a role as the shooter in the doctor's death, since if it hadn't been for o'reilly this guy would probably still be alive.

e'reilly has a history of this sort of thing. after 911 he advocated cutting off food to afghanistan and starving the entire population, civilians included, if the talixan didin't turn over bin laden. that's using the media ho advocate collective punishment and genocide and technically, it's a war crime.

i know it's vogue to allege some sort of equivalency between right wing commentators and folks like KO and maddow but i don't see it. when has olbermann, or particularly maddow -- who actually is VERY mild -- advocated otarvation as an instrument of war? has a mainstream liberal commentator ever done anything like accusing widows of enjoying their husbands' death, like ann coulter reggularly does? can a case be made that any liberal commentator has encited a murder? because like it or not that case CAN be made in o'reilly's case and there's a lot of evidence to support it. incnvenient to some bit facts are facts.

I seriously doubt that Tiller's death had much to do with O'Reilly.  He had been attacked before.

Consider the fact that Tiller lived in a hotbed of conservatism -- Kansas.  Had he been practicing in a less conservative state, chances are that he would still be alive.  By no means does this justify his death, but it did mean he was testing the odds.

Had he been practicing in Alabama, Mississippi, Utah, Idaho, etc., the same would've probably happened just because of how extreme many conservatives are in those areas.

By the way, Tiller was never known for keeping a low profile either.

That being said, I would agree that people like O'Reilly are very irresponsible and just downright sickening for being so extreme and hateful, but you can't really blame them for deaths or the actions of extremists.

Written By: MaxwellSmart on 06/18/09 at 6:51 pm

I can't say for sure because I never read the asshole's writings, but I'm guessing Von Brunn would consider FOX News a Zionist front.  Ditto the Bush family and the majority of all Republicans. 

Rush Limburger was just as nutty as Von Brunn, however, when he tried to pin Von Brunn's crimes on the liberals.

Written By: Tia on 06/18/09 at 8:07 pm

I can't say for sure because I never read the asshole's writings, but I'm guessing Von Brunn would consider FOX News a Zionist front.  Ditto the Bush family and the majority of all Republicans. 

Rush Limburger was just as nutty as Von Brunn, however, when he tried to pin Von Brunn's crimes on the liberals.

yeah, i think he probably did think fox was run by jews. i bet he watched it anyway. if i know crazy politics as well as i think i do -- and i do -- he didn't have to agree with the whole institution, or even necessarily care that it was run by jews in his estimation, when he was getting his enjoyment out of o'reilly's demagoguing. do you think no liberals ever watch olbermann because all liberals believe that msnbc represents big business? it doesn't work that way, man.

Written By: MaxwellSmart on 06/18/09 at 11:04 pm

yeah, i think he probably did think fox was run by jews. i bet he watched it anyway. if i know crazy politics as well as i think i do -- and i do -- he didn't have to agree with the whole institution, or even necessarily care that it was run by jews in his estimation, when he was getting his enjoyment out of o'reilly's demagoguing. do you think no liberals ever watch olbermann because all liberals believe that msnbc represents big business? it doesn't work that way, man.

The left-wing corollary to Von Brunn is out there and, indeed, they won't watch Olbermann because MSNBC is a front for the military-industrial complex.  They're out there.  I call them the Ted Kaczynski contingent. 

However, the truth is even those I have met on the far Left*,  no matter how full of bile and paranoia they may be, they're much less likely to resort to violence than those on the far right.  A buddy of mine of the far left paranoid disposition thinks political assassination may be justifiable homicide BUT it would have to be a specific target in a position of power, not just some security guard at the Halliburton HQ.  The far Left tends to view political hierarchy and social class as the targets of revolution, not races and ethnic groups.  My former comrades in the Progressive Labor Party spoke of violent revolution but owned no guns and could have been taken down by fifth graders armed with snowballs. 

* I mean the REAL far Left, not the Bill O'Reilly Far Left, which includes everybody to the left of Joe Lieberman.

Written By: Jessica on 06/18/09 at 11:29 pm

Child Porn Found On Suspect's Computer

Written By: LyricBoy on 06/19/09 at 8:45 am

Child Porn Found On Suspect's Computer

"Child porn is a myth created by the Jew and his puppets in the Vatican"  ;D

Written By: Tia on 06/19/09 at 9:46 am

actually call me paranoid but im kinda suspicious of how everyone and his brother has kiddie porn these days. dude's 88! how horny's he gonna be at 88? plus is genuine kiddie porn really that easy to get tthat everyone who gets busted for anything has it? or are these just nudist colony pics or something? is anything sexually provocative involving anyone under the age of 18 considered kiddie porn? did you know that if you DRAW A PICTURE involving anyone under 18 in a sexgal situation that's considered legally the same as having explicit photos documenting actual child rape?

i mean that's the thing. they can't even describe what this guy had, i kinda smell a rat.

Written By: LyricBoy on 06/19/09 at 9:54 am

how horny's he gonna be at 88?

One answer to your question...

Written By: Jessica on 06/19/09 at 10:27 am

"Child porn is a myth created by the Jew and his puppets in the Vatican"   ;D

;D

actually call me paranoid but im kinda suspicious of how everyone and his brother has kiddie porn these days. dude's 88! how horny's he gonna be at 88? plus is genuine kiddie porn really that easy to get tthat everyone who gets busted for anything has it? or are these just nudist colony pics or something? is anything sexually provocative involving anyone under the age of 18 considered kiddie porn? did you know that if you DRAW A PICTURE involving anyone under 18 in a sexgal situation that's considered legally the same as having explicit photos documenting actual child rape?

i mean that's the thing. they can't even describe what this guy had, i kinda smell a rat.

Refer to LB's post. :D

As for the child porn accusation itself, who knows if he had it or if it was just the cute naked pictures of children that parents sometimes take.  Either way, I don't feel sorry for the son of a bitch.  He's one guilty mofo already.

Written By: Reynolds1863 on 06/19/09 at 5:57 pm

"Child porn is a myth created by the Jew and his puppets in the Vatican"   ;D

*insert alter boy joke here*

Written By: MaxwellSmart on 06/19/09 at 8:45 pm

I've heard about the prohibition on drawing pictures.  The more notorious case is the virtual kiddie porn in which the heads of minors are photoshopped onto adult bodies. I can't remember the specifics, but there was a case in which a sex offender on parole was charged with a violation merely for writing in his private notebook about minors having sex. 

This is where guys like John Walsh apply their witch hunt mentality.  If you say, hey, that's thought crime, they'll look at YOU with suspicion and say, "Oh, you like pedophilia, do you?"

Anyway, it wouldn't surprise me if Von Brunn had bona fide CP; the REALLY sick stuff.

Written By: Tia on 06/19/09 at 9:03 pm

I've heard about the prohibition on drawing pictures.  The more notorious case is the virtual kiddie porn in which the heads of minors are photoshopped onto adult bodies. I can't remember the specifics, but there was a case in which a sex offender on parole was charged with a violation merely for writing in his private notebook about minors having sex.  

This is where guys like John Walsh apply their witch hunt mentality.  If you say, hey, that's thought crime, they'll look at YOU with suspicion and say, "Oh, you like pedophilia, do you?"

Anyway, it wouldn't surprise me if Von Brunn had bona fide CP; the REALLY sick stuff.

well it wouldnt surprise me either but it's also very convenient that just about every time some public enemy #1 turns up, he also always, invariably, conveniently, also has kiddie porn of some undisclosed kind on his computer. if this was the first time i'd heard this horsesheesh i probably wouldn't be skeptical but this is just such a tedious refrain at this point. either there's something wrong with what they call child porn or they're planting it or whatever... i dunno. i just dont buy it anymore. it's just so obviously the two-minute-hate trick. it's not even done well.

some interesting parallels... there was this thing on o'reilly where he was shocked -- SHOCKED! -- to discover that there was this thing called the youtubes, and on this series of youtubes you could find shocking videos of GIRLS DANCING! PROVOCATIVELY! IN THEIR UNDERWEAR! so they show endless clips of girls dancing in their underwear, offa youtube, of course, because you had to see five to ten minutes of this stuff in order to understand what o'reilly was saying and there was no ratings-related ulterior motive at all, but here's the kicker -- they blot out the girls' chests as though they aren't wearing tops. but you know they are, because it's youtube, and they cut out all nudity in like, five seconds after you post it and instantly banhammer your ass. (man, i sure learned THAT the hard way.) but because it's blotted out everyone thinks, omg, youtube shows nudity. because they had to censor it. but if you censor something that's actually harmless to begin with, people assume you're censoring something obscene.

well, that works with the kiddie porn thing too. if you've got a public enemy #1 goldstein type character, all you have to do is say, oh, well, he ate puppies AND! he had kiddie porn, or whatever. and then if people ask you, well, what was it? what'd he have? you say, well, it's too horrible. i can't even describe it. and at that point, you've made an accusation, provided no evidence whatsoever, and yet everyone pretty much assumes the cat's guilty. it also reminds me, in its own way, of the way so many of the guantanamo guys got charged. oh, well, they undermined national security. so people ask, ok, how? and you say, well, i can't say how, because that would undermine national security. and then people say, oh, okay, well, i guess he must be guilty then. thanks for the openness and full disclosure, much appreciated. thank god we live in a democracy. and at that point you've pretty much got license to freely waterboard.

it's balony, it's how fascism gets a foothold, not to evoke the dreaded F-word. and don't get me wrong, i hate this goddamn guy. but the whole kiddie porn boogieman BS, i'm so fudging over it. it's fudging stupid, only stupid people would fall for sheesh like this, and the fact that it's working just tells me the american people are begging -- begging! -- to be slaves.

Written By: MaxwellSmart on 06/20/09 at 11:01 pm

If some 14-year-old takes off her top in Tulsa, O'Reilly does an entire segment on it!  Where's the outrage!  Where's the outrage!

Written By: LyricBoy on 06/21/09 at 7:29 am

If some 14-year-old takes off her top in Tulsa, O'Reilly does an entire segment on it!  Where's the outrage!  Where's the outrage!

Is this on YouTube? ???

;D

Written By: Macphisto on 06/21/09 at 9:47 am

Is this on YouTube? ???

;D

No, it's on 4chan.  j/k

Check for new replies or respond here...