» OLD MESSAGE ARCHIVES «
The Pop Culture Information Society...
Messageboard Archive Index, In The 00s - The Pop Culture Information Society

Welcome to the archived messages from In The 00s. This archive stretches back to 1998 in some instances, and contains a nearly complete record of all the messages posted to inthe00s.com. You will also find an archive of the messages from inthe70s.com, inthe80s.com, inthe90s.com and amiright.com before they were combined to form the inthe00s.com messageboard.

If you are looking for the active messages, please click here. Otherwise, use the links below or on the right hand side of the page to navigate the archives.

Custom Search

Subject: Letterman's poor taste: Where's the outrage?

Written By: Badfinger-fan on 06/11/09 at 1:59 pm

I mean, c'mon now. that was a totally tasteless joke and Letterman should apologize to Alex Rodriguez & the Yankees for labeling him a lustful lecher  ::) 

Subject: Re: Letterman's poor taste: Where's the outrage?

Written By: Ashkicksass on 06/11/09 at 2:02 pm

I mean, c'mon now. that was a totally tasteless joke and Letterman should apologize to Alex Rodriguez & the Yankees for labeling him a lustful lecher  ::) 

What'd I miss?

Written By: Badfinger-fan on 06/11/09 at 4:45 pm

What'd I miss?
Letterman made a joke that A-Rod knocked up Sarah palin's daughter during the 7th inning stretch of a Yankee game. I like Sarah but I feel that Alex has been missed in the outcry for an apology for dissn'g palin's daughter  ;D   
yeah yeah, he's a comic and she should have thicker skin. if it were my daughter, I'd beat Dave's ass and then he'd apologize.    I'm not a violent guy but very protective of my sweet lil Jule's  8)   

Written By: limblifter on 06/11/09 at 5:01 pm

I'd be pissed too if he implied that my daughter slept with a yankee.

Written By: CatwomanofV on 06/11/09 at 5:10 pm

Letterman made a joke that A-Rod knocked up Sarah palin's daughter during the 7th inning stretch of a Yankee game. I like Sarah but I feel that Alex has been missed in the outcry for an apology for dissn'g palin's daughter  ;D   
yeah yeah, he's a comic and she should have thicker skin. if it were my daughter, I'd beat Dave's ass and then he'd apologize.    I'm not a violent guy but very protective of my sweet lil Jule's  8)   

I think he did apologized and even offer to have her (Sarah) come on his show. I don't think she took him up on the offer.

Cat

Written By: Badfinger-fan on 06/11/09 at 5:16 pm

^  BoSox fan  ::) 

I think he did apologized and even offer to have her (Sarah) come on his show. I don't think she took him up on the offer.

Cat
well, it wasn't really an apology, he just explained how he always "makes fun/jokes" about people in the news and that he meant the older daughter and not the younger. 

Written By: Jessica on 06/11/09 at 5:27 pm

;D

Really, who gives two shyts about the Palin family anymore?  Get with it, Dave!

Written By: Badfinger-fan on 06/11/09 at 5:31 pm

;D

I think I am the only one left that gives a care  :\'(      and Dave is done  ::)

Written By: limblifter on 06/11/09 at 5:55 pm

He's only done because Conan is going to do what Jay Leno couldn't, bury him.

The joke in question isn't even that bad anyways. I don't understand all the attention It's getting. Really, can someone explain just why this joke is soooo bad?

Written By: limblifter on 06/11/09 at 5:56 pm

Yeah. Gosh Duurnit!

Written By: Rice_Cube on 06/11/09 at 6:04 pm

Is there a video?

Written By: Rice_Cube on 06/11/09 at 6:04 pm

Did the audience boo?

Written By: Badfinger-fan on 06/11/09 at 6:12 pm

He's only done because Conan is going to do what Jay Leno couldn't, bury him.

The joke in question isn't even that bad anyways. I don't understand all the attention It's getting. Really, can someone explain just why this joke is soooo bad?
It's not thaaaaat  bad, but there's a maliciousness behind the joke that seems intended on not just being funny, but in being degrading. it's not funny to me and obviously to a lot of other people, parents or not.
I haven't seen Conan in a long time. is he still funny?

Did the audience boo?
they laughed but they laugh at anything unless it was Obama's daughters being made fun of, then I think they wouldn't laugh and Robert Gibbs would be holding a press conference denouncing letterman and demanding an apology and they'd get one  8)

Written By: Rice_Cube on 06/11/09 at 6:13 pm

Conan is always funny.

Written By: Badfinger-fan on 06/11/09 at 6:15 pm

curiously I wonder if A-Rod thinks it was funny  ::)  

Conan is always funny.
Conan is the funniest of the ones on, isn't he? Leno and letterman read their scripts, but he's just got natural comic talent

Written By: Rice_Cube on 06/11/09 at 6:18 pm

I hope Conan's ratings pick up, he's so much better than Letterman :P

Written By: Rice_Cube on 06/11/09 at 6:36 pm

http://www.hulu.com/watch/77082/the-tonight-show-with-conan-obrien-steven-ho---stunt-coordinator

I bet Letterman would never do this.

Written By: limblifter on 06/11/09 at 6:39 pm

curiously I wonder if A-Rod thinks it was funny  ::)  

A-Roid is too busy NOT batting his weight to care about David Letterman.

Written By: gibbo on 06/11/09 at 6:59 pm

It's not thaaaaat  bad, but there's a maliciousness behind the joke that seems intended on not just being funny, but in being degrading. it's not funny to me and obviously to a lot of other people, parents or not.
I haven't seen Conan in a long time. is he still funny? they laughed but they laugh at anything unless it was Obama's daughters being made fun of, then I think they wouldn't laugh and Robert Gibbs would be holding a press conference denouncing letterman and demanding an apology and they'd get one  8)

This distasteful joke pales in comparison to the comedy team in Australia (The Chasers War on Everything) who recently went too far by poor taste joking in a TV skit about children dying of cancer. Eventually they had to apologize or the show would be cancelled. It has been suspended anyway until public opion dies down..... :-\\ It was posted on you tube....

Written By: Badfinger-fan on 06/11/09 at 7:08 pm

A-Roid is too busy NOT batting his weight to care about David Letterman.
he's not having a good year is he?  I heard his teammates have a nick name for him due to unusual steroid filled chest muscles. I think they're calling him b*tch tits :o   

This distasteful joke pales in comparison to the comedy team in Australia (The Chasers War on Everything) who recently went too far by poor taste joking in a TV skit about children dying of cancer. Eventually they had to apologize or the show would be cancelled. It has been suspended anyway until public opion dies down..... :-\\ It was posted on you tube....
it's painful enough knowing and seeing someone dying of cancer, but to hear someone making jokes about it  ???  that's definitely more disturbing.

Written By: limblifter on 06/11/09 at 7:16 pm

I don't recall The Kids In The Hall getting any problems for their cancer boy character in Brain Candy. Than again, how many people actually saw the movie?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Lu9wkm82FUw

I thought it was funny. Some people didn't. Are you going to cancel everything that offends some people?

Written By: Badfinger-fan on 06/11/09 at 7:19 pm

I don't recall The Kids In The Hall getting any problems for their cancer boy character in Brain Candy. Than again, how many people actually saw the movie?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Lu9wkm82FUw

I thought it was funny. Some people didn't. Are you going to cancel everything that offends some people?
I think if the offense will cause a loss of revenue via advertisement boycott, then they would pull a show, but not so much because it's offensive, but so they wont lose money $

Written By: gibbo on 06/11/09 at 7:22 pm

I think if the offense will cause a loss of revenue via advertisement boycott, then they would pull a show, but not so much because it's offensive, but so they wont lose money $

Very true...if the controversy works in reverse and brings more viewers ....then, that is the purpose of the game in TV.

Written By: Badfinger-fan on 06/11/09 at 7:42 pm

Very true...if the controversy works in reverse and brings more viewers ....then, that is the purpose of the game in TV.
yes, and that offsets whatever criticism may come  ;D 

Written By: MaxwellSmart on 06/11/09 at 9:32 pm

The Palins are a shifty clan of jumped-up icebillies who exhibit mendacity and moral turpitude at every turn.  I have no sympathy for them.

:P

Anyway, the outrage is on FOX News and Rush Limberger.  It took these 'tards how long to realize Dave Letterman makes juvenile and tasteless jokes?  You know what?  I didn't see that episode of Letterman.  I haven't been a regular Letterman watcher since I was a kid.  If the outrage-aholics in the right-wing media didn't get there jockeys in a knot about Dave's joke, I would never have heard it and neither would 98% of the people who have heard it now.  It does not pay to be thin-skinned in the public eye.

Written By: Badfinger-fan on 06/11/09 at 10:50 pm

http://rds.yahoo.com/_ylt=A0S020op0DFK6W4AsRKjzbkF/SIG=12mrgtd9r/EXP=1244864937/**http%3A//www.berkeleydailyplanet.com/photos/09-28-02/Crazy_Jack_.jpg

McMurphy: "She was fifteen years old, going on thirty-five, Doc, and she told me she was eighteen, she was very willing, I practically had to take to sewing my pants shut. Between you and me, uh, she might have been fifteen, but when you get that little red beaver right up there in front of you, I don't think it's crazy at all and I don't think you do either""

Palin is in the crosshairs and is targeted not for humor, but for demolition by the left. If that joke had been made about any Dem's daughter the outrage from msnbc would be equivalent to fox if not more intense.  irregardless, my concern is mostly for the innocent Yankee 3rd baseman.

Written By: Jessica on 06/11/09 at 11:04 pm

irregardless, my concern is mostly for the innocent Yankee 3rd baseman.

A-Rod is a chode anyways.  An overly tanned, highly paid chode.

Written By: Badfinger-fan on 06/11/09 at 11:08 pm

A-Rod is a chode anyways.  An overly tanned, highly paid chode.
and I hear he's got b*tch tits.  he's tanned? I thought he was naturally dark since he's puertorican  :-\\ 

Written By: Jessica on 06/11/09 at 11:18 pm

and I hear he's got b*tch tits.  he's tanned? I thought he was naturally dark since he's puertorican  :-\\   

That ain't natural.  I can spot a tan job a mile away. ;D

Besides, you can see the lighter circles around his eyes from where he wears the goggles in the tanning booth.

http://i153.photobucket.com/albums/s229/BONQUISHA_2008/Alex-Rodriguez5.jpg

Written By: Rice_Cube on 06/11/09 at 11:22 pm

He looks like a douchebag from that one website...

Written By: Jessica on 06/11/09 at 11:23 pm

He looks like a douchebag from that one website...

This one?

http://www.hotchickswithdouchebags.com

:D

Written By: Rice_Cube on 06/11/09 at 11:23 pm

Yeah, douchebags ruin it for the rest of us nondouchebags

Written By: MaxwellSmart on 06/11/09 at 11:25 pm

http://rds.yahoo.com/_ylt=A0S020op0DFK6W4AsRKjzbkF/SIG=12mrgtd9r/EXP=1244864937/**http%3A//www.berkeleydailyplanet.com/photos/09-28-02/Crazy_Jack_.jpg

McMurphy: "She was fifteen years old, going on thirty-five, Doc, and she told me she was eighteen, she was very willing, I practically had to take to sewing my pants shut. Between you and me, uh, she might have been fifteen, but when you get that little red beaver right up there in front of you, I don't think it's crazy at all and I don't think you do either""

Palin is in the crosshairs and is targeted not for humor, but for demolition by the left. If that joke had been made about any Dem's daughter the outrage from msnbc would be equivalent to fox if not more intense.  irregardless, my concern is mostly for the innocent Yankee 3rd baseman.

I'll give you a Karamel for Jack...

but lemme tell ya something else...if her name was Sarafina Palin and she was a Democrat from Detroit and she had a teenage daughter who had a baby out of wedlock and the dad had no intention of marrying her, do you think Sean Hannity would go to bat for that politician?  Hmmmm.....
???

Written By: Badfinger-fan on 06/11/09 at 11:34 pm

I'll give you a Karamel for Jack...

but lemme tell ya something else...if her name was Sarafina Palin and she was a Democrat from Detroit and she had a teenage daughter who had a baby out of wedlock and the dad had no intention of marrying her, do you think Sean Hannity would go to bat for that politician?  Hmmmm.....
???
thanks for the Cuckoo's Nest karma. I love that scene in court where Jack is trying to explain his statutory rape to the judge  ;D  as for Sean Hannity going to bat, he'd be a might bit too busy hacking on Obama to help the lass, but I betcha Alan Keyes would  ::)

Written By: philbo on 06/12/09 at 3:06 am

I think he did apologized and even offer to have her (Sarah) come on his show.

I didn't realize it was that sort of show...

On-topic, though: while I think Palin is worthy of all the ridicule around (after all, she does rather bring it on herself), it's not her children's fault they've got a ridiculous mother - there must be plenty of mickey left to be taken out of Sarah without involving the kiddies.

Written By: JamieMcBain on 06/12/09 at 8:25 am

I agree, the joke is tasteless, but still A Rod is kind of a asshat, anyway.

Written By: Tia on 06/12/09 at 8:31 am

i thought the actual scandal was that he got their names mixed up (i know, right? what are their names again? Trig, track, truck, trick, trollop, and moon unit? c'mon dave, how hard is it to keep straight?) so that he actually wound up saying palin's FOURTEEN-year-old daughter, rather than her 18-year-old one, got preggles. but i could be wrong; the second i hear the palin name these days, i turn off the cable and play XBox.

Written By: Rice_Cube on 06/12/09 at 1:14 pm

Palin Fires Back At CBS's Letterman -- From NBC

12 June 2009 7:58 AM, PDT

Alaska Gov. Sarah Palin used the platform of NBC’s Today show today (Friday) to thwack CBS late-night host David Letterman for jokes in his monologue that referred to her daughter. (He remarked that when the governor attended a Yankee baseball game with her daughter, an “awkward moment” occurred “during the seventh inning when her daughter was knocked up by Alex Rodriguez.” On his Late Show Thursday, Letterman opened by remarking that he believed his relationship with Palin had improved since she had called and offered to take him hunting. He suggested that he had thought that Palin had attended the game with her older daughter, not with 14-year-old Willow, as was the case. "I would never, never make jokes about raping or having sex of any description with a 14-year-old girl," he remarked and challenged anyone to find any such mention in a previous show. Nevertheless, he conceded, “I’m not necessarily proud of these jokes.” But the governor was not mollified by Letterman’s comments. "I would like to see him apologize to young women across the country for contributing to kind of that thread that is throughout our culture that makes it sound like it is Ok to talk about young girls in that way, where it's kind of Ok, accepted and funny to talk about statutory rape," she told Today show host Matt Lauer. "No wonder young girls especially have such low self-esteem in America when we think it's funny for a so-called comedian to get away with such a remark as he did," she added.

Written By: Tia on 06/12/09 at 1:22 pm

letterman's faux pas notwithstanding, i have to find it amusing how ms palin keeps trying to maneuver herself into some kinda role model for america's young women.

Written By: Rice_Cube on 06/12/09 at 1:23 pm

letterman's faux pas notwithstanding, i have to find it amusing how ms palin keeps trying to maneuver herself into some kinda role model for america's young women.

Not exactly an ideal role model eh

Written By: CatwomanofV on 06/12/09 at 1:50 pm

I think this is all a ploy to keep Sarah in the headlines-no matter how stupid the headline is.  ::)

Cat

Written By: MaxwellSmart on 06/12/09 at 3:31 pm

thanks for the Cuckoo's Nest karma. I love that scene in court where Jack is trying to explain his statutory rape to the judge  ;D

You mean with the initial interview with the shrink before Nurse Ratched, out of spite, has McMurphy committed.

Dr. Spivey: Well, the real reason that you've been sent over here is because they wanted you to be evaluated... to determine whether or not you are mentally ill. This is the real reason. Why do you think they might think that?

McMurphy: Well, as near as I can figure out, it's 'cause I, uh, fight and f*ck too much.

as for Sean Hannity going to bat, he'd be a might bit too busy hacking on Obama to help the lass, but I betcha Alan Keyes would  ::)

The same Alan Keyes who booted his own daughter outta the house when she told him she was a lesbian?
???

Written By: Tia on 06/12/09 at 3:53 pm

Not exactly an ideal role model eh
she's okay, i suppose, but her kids, maybe not so much -- i dont get her whole thing about lecturing america's youth about morals, what with all the failed engagements and illegitimate kids and drug dealing and all with the palin brood.

Written By: MaxwellSmart on 06/12/09 at 3:58 pm

she's okay, i suppose, but her kids, maybe not so much -- i dont get her whole thing about lecturing america's youth about morals, what with all the failed engagements and illegitimate kids and drug dealing and all with the palin brood.

As long as you're not on welfare and you're not a liberal, we'll look the other way.
::)

Written By: quirky_cat_girl on 06/13/09 at 8:11 pm

letterman is an overrated asshole.

And...he's not funny. At all.

Written By: Macphisto on 06/13/09 at 10:13 pm

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MV3BfrHA9H4

This was probably Letterman's funniest moments... 

Written By: Tia on 06/14/09 at 7:16 am

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MV3BfrHA9H4

This was probably Letterman's funniest moments... 
at 6:53, turns out she was in a "musical whore film." that's smart casting.

Written By: philbo on 06/14/09 at 9:51 am

Looks like Letterman has apologised

http://ccinsider.comedycentral.com/2009/06/11/david-letterman-apologizes-to-sarah-palin/

...well, after a fashion, anyway :)

Written By: Jessica on 06/15/09 at 11:13 am

So where's the outrage from the Right about Rusty DePass likening Michelle Obama to an escaped gorilla?  Is that crickets I hear?  Yeah, cause no one is saying anything about it.

http://www.nydailynews.com/news/politics/2009/06/14/2009-06-14_pol_gorilla_is_related_to_first_lady.html

Written By: Tia on 06/15/09 at 11:16 am

So where's the outrage from the Right about Rusty DePass likening Michelle Obama to an escaped gorilla?  Is that crickets I hear?  Yeah, cause no one is saying anything about it.

http://www.nydailynews.com/news/politics/2009/06/14/2009-06-14_pol_gorilla_is_related_to_first_lady.html
the reason the right doesnt believe in evolution is that they haven't done it, evidently.

gotta love this, from the comments section...

yankeefan4 Jun 15, 2009 11:00:50 AM Report Offensive Post
I definitely think she looks like some kind of species of ape. That does not mean I am prejudice! When the O's were campaigning I had said to a friend she looks like Xera from the planet of the apes.

Written By: AL-B Mk. III on 06/15/09 at 2:07 pm

See, Sarah Palin had every right to be pissed off about Letterman's crack about her daughter, and if she would've handled it right she could have generated a lot of sympathy from the American public. Letterman apologized and she could've just accepted it and moved on. But instead, not only did she decide to turn this into some stupid "culture war" thing, she also had to make some crack about "keeping Willow away from Letterman," as if Dave is now supposed to be some kind of pedophile or something.

One of the biggest things that irritates me about the right-wing is this whole "false outrage" thing they keep doing.

Written By: Tia on 06/15/09 at 2:37 pm

See, Sarah Palin had every right to be pissed off about Letterman's crack about her daughter, and if she would've handled it right she could have generated a lot of sympathy from the American public. Letterman apologized and she could've just accepted it and moved on. But instead, not only did she decide to turn this into some stupid "culture war" thing, she also had to make some crack about "keeping Willow away from Letterman," as if Dave is now supposed to be some kind of pedophile or something.

One of the biggest things that irritates me about the right-wing is this whole "false outrage" thing they keep doing.
i can't get past the idea that palin is the one who keeps putting her 14-year-old in the line of fire here. it's obvious that letterman's joke was directed at the daughter who actually got pregnant out of wedlock while palin's campaign was preaching abstinence. folks gotta understand that when you dictate how other families conduct themselves and then you don't live up to the standards you impose on others, it leaves your own family open to ridicule, and that's as it should be, i think. palin's insistence on substituting willow for bristol strikes me as being deliberate, that she's intentionally putting her own 14-year-old in the line of fire to score political points and if i were letterman i think i'd point that out. after all, she's flat out calling him a pedophile. if he doesnt come up with a commensurate response, palin's version will become the official one. i'd be like "as long as you keep conjuring the image of your own underage daughter being raped so you can try to score political points, i'll continue to point out that that's what youre doing."

dave needs to put down the knife. this is a gunfight.

Written By: Rice_Cube on 06/15/09 at 2:42 pm

AGAIN!

http://roflrazzi.files.wordpress.com/2009/05/celebrity-pictures-v-hugo-weaving-knives-gunfight.jpg

Written By: AL-B Mk. III on 06/15/09 at 4:54 pm

i can't get past the idea that palin is the one who keeps putting her 14-year-old in the line of fire here. it's obvious that letterman's joke was directed at the daughter who actually got pregnant out of wedlock while palin's campaign was preaching abstinence. folks gotta understand that when you dictate how other families conduct themselves and then you don't live up to the standards you impose on others, it leaves your own family open to ridicule, and that's as it should be, i think. palin's insistence on substituting willow for bristol strikes me as being deliberate, that she's intentionally putting her own 14-year-old in the line of fire to score political points and if i were letterman i think i'd point that out. after all, she's flat out calling him a pedophile. if he doesnt come up with a commensurate response, palin's version will become the official one. i'd be like "as long as you keep conjuring the image of your own underage daughter being raped so you can try to score political points, i'll continue to point out that that's what youre doing."

What I'm curious about is, is this really Sarah Palin on her own coming up with all this BS or is there some Karl Rove-type handler (maybe even Rove himself) behind the scenes who's telling her what to say so she can try and somehow gain some political capital out of all of this? If the latter is the case then this is totally gonna blow up in her face, because it's the exact same crap we just went through 8 years of.

Sarah Palin tries to liken herself to a pitbull with lipstick, but she's seeming more and more like George W. Bush with a...bush.  :o :o :o

Written By: MaxwellSmart on 06/15/09 at 7:35 pm

So where's the outrage from the Right about Rusty DePass likening Michelle Obama to an escaped gorilla?  Is that crickets I hear?  Yeah, cause no one is saying anything about it.

Now, which one of the three -- Rusty, the escaped ape, or Michelle -- knows the meaning of the word "ancestor"?
http://www.inthe00s.com/smile/12/iamwithstupid.gif

Written By: Rice_Cube on 06/16/09 at 10:52 am

http://punditkitchen.files.wordpress.com/2009/06/political-pictures-sarah-palin-pouting-crying.jpg?w=450&h=536

Written By: AL-B Mk. III on 06/16/09 at 12:14 pm

Holy crap...looks like Sarah Palin won!  :o :o :o

http://tv.yahoo.com/the-late-show-with-david-letterman/show/31647/news/urn:newsml:tv.ap.org:20090616:us_tv_letterman_palin__ER:1358

Written By: Tia on 06/16/09 at 12:19 pm

http://tv.yahoo.com/the-late-show-with-david-letterman/show/31647/news/urn:newsml:tv.ap.org:20090616:us_tv_letterman_palin__ER:1358

Todd Palin issued a statement last week that said "any 'jokes' about raping my 14-year-old are despicable."

wow. talk about overplaying your hand!  :o

i dare dave to start his monologue tonight with, "so i was raping willow on the way over here and the funniest thing happened..."

Written By: CatwomanofV on 06/16/09 at 12:54 pm

Did she really?

Right now, David appears to be the bigger man for having apologized-TWICE. She has already stretched this into a week's news cycle. Can she get any more wear out of this?

Cat

Written By: Jessica on 06/16/09 at 2:47 pm

So where's the outrage for this one?

Racist Email Raises Hackles In Tennessee

The best part of this story:

Sherri Goforth, an administrative assistant to state Sen. Diane Black, R-Gallatin, has admitted she sent the e-mail May 28 with the title "Historical Keepsake Photo." She said, without elaborating, that she mistakenly sent it "to the wrong list of people."

Yes, because sending it to the wrong list of people totally excuses it all.  If she had sent it to the right list, it would have all been fine and dandy and totally, you know, not racist and rude. ::)

Written By: Red Ant on 06/16/09 at 4:03 pm

wow. talk about overplaying your hand!  :o

i dare dave to start his monologue tonight with, "so i was raping willow on the way over here and the funniest thing happened..."

That would be interesting. If he gets booed, he can break into the Aristrocrats.

Ant

Written By: Rice_Cube on 06/16/09 at 4:06 pm

That would be interesting. If he gets booed, he can break into the Aristrocrats.

Ant

So a family walks into a talent agent's office...

Written By: Red Ant on 06/16/09 at 5:45 pm

Excellent! It really comes alive imagining Gilbert Gottfried delivering it.  Karma for working in vagina dentata!

I might have to try a version of the new Aristrocrats joke.

ETA: I'll wait for the finished joke.

Ant

Written By: Rice_Cube on 06/16/09 at 5:49 pm

Well, I didn't expect anyone to actually finish the joke :D

Written By: Tia on 06/16/09 at 5:52 pm

Well, I didn't expect anyone to actually finish the joke :D
im not done yet. i'm still revising it.

Written By: Tia on 06/16/09 at 9:11 pm

Excellent! It really comes alive imagining Gilbert Gottfried delivering it.  Karma for working in vagina dentata!

I might have to try a version of the new Aristrocrats joke.

ETA: I'll wait for the finished joke.

Ant
i think i'm done now. there was something about "germy anal discharge" that i felt was probably about as much of an offensive against god, humanity and decency as i am capable of.

Written By: Jessica on 06/16/09 at 9:31 pm

Wow....this thread just turned bizarre.....

Speaking of vagina dentata, have you seen "Teeth"?

Written By: MaxwellSmart on 06/16/09 at 9:53 pm

The Letterman panel I'd like to see:

Sarah Palin and her 14-year-old daughter...and then Chris Hanson walks out and says to Dave,
"Excuse me, what re you doing here..."

:-\\

Written By: Tia on 06/16/09 at 9:56 pm

it did? when?

Written By: Jessica on 06/16/09 at 9:58 pm

it did? when?

Just now!  Over there!

*waves hand in random direction*

Written By: ChuckyG on 06/16/09 at 10:25 pm

http://www.mtv.com/news/articles/1614091/20090616/story.jhtml

as if proof was needed that it was a slow news week and the neocons were trying to manufacture a controversy... what happens if you hold a protest rally and nearly no one shows up

Written By: MaxwellSmart on 06/16/09 at 10:33 pm

http://www.mtv.com/news/articles/1614091/20090616/story.jhtml

as if proof was needed that it was a slow news week and the neocons were trying to manufacture a controversy... what happens if you hold a protest rally and nearly no one shows up

Anti-David Letterman Protest In New York Draws Approximately Three Dozen People
:D

Gimme  a TV network camera and a mike, and I can find 36 people in Manhattan who'll do just...just about anything!

Written By: Red Ant on 06/16/09 at 11:33 pm

i think i'm done now. there was something about "germy anal discharge" that i felt was probably about as much of an offensive against god, humanity and decency as i am capable of.

What, no mention of the evil libel-rals, a Russian film crew (since they're her next door neighbors), rape babies (Alaska: #1 in rape), blowing (away) her brother-in-law handcuffed to an igloo, or John McCain in a tiger cage? I give you an A-.  ;)

Jess, I haven't seen the movie "Teeth". I have seen real (or at least I think real) pictures of that condition.  :o :o :o

Ant

Written By: Red Ant on 06/16/09 at 11:48 pm

The Letterman panel I'd like to see:

Sarah Palin and her 14-year-old daughter...and then Chris Hanson walks out and says to Dave,
"Excuse me, what re you doing here..."

:-\\

"Have a seat on the chair"
~~"I am sitting on the chair!"

Ant

Written By: Tia on 06/17/09 at 8:52 am

What, no mention of the evil libel-rals, a Russian film crew (since they're her next door neighbors), rape babies (Alaska: #1 in rape), blowing (away) her brother-in-law handcuffed to an igloo, or John McCain in a tiger cage? I give you an A-.  ;)

Jess, I haven't seen the movie "Teeth". I have seen real (or at least I think real) pictures of that condition.  :o :o :o

Ant
wow, i looked it up on imdb and that movie actually exists. (actually, about 12 movies called "teeth" exist; i assume they're all about vaginae dentatae.) totally going on my netflix queue.

Written By: Tia on 06/17/09 at 10:44 am

look mommy! lunatics!

http://wonkette.com/409245/the-letterman-protest-nuts-youve-been-hearing-about

Written By: CatwomanofV on 06/17/09 at 11:05 am

look mommy! lunatics!

http://wonkette.com/409245/the-letterman-protest-nuts-youve-been-hearing-about

Where were the teabags?

Cat

Written By: Tia on 06/17/09 at 2:33 pm

dangit my aristocrats knockoff got deleted! and probably just because it was incredibly offensive.  :\'(

Written By: ChuckyG on 06/17/09 at 2:45 pm

dangit my aristocrats knockoff got deleted! and probably just because it was incredibly offensive.  :\'(

um... yeah... sorry, but that was just... um... yeah...

Written By: Tia on 06/17/09 at 2:49 pm

that's okay, i saved a copy, maybe i'll send it to hustler magazine or something.

Written By: Jessica on 06/17/09 at 5:28 pm

This is more amusing than Tia's Aristocrats joke:

http://videos.nymag.com/video/At-the-Fire-David-Letterman-Ral

There's an ad at the beginning, but the video footage from the rally is classic. ;D

Written By: Tia on 06/17/09 at 5:32 pm

This is more amusing than Tia's Aristocrats joke:

http://videos.nymag.com/video/At-the-Fire-David-Letterman-Ral

There's an ad at the beginning, but the video footage from the rally is classic. ;D
i think you meant this is EVEN more amusing...  :P

i think i linked to it at the top of this page, in fact. it's the raping with the mouth thing, yes?

Written By: Jessica on 06/17/09 at 5:35 pm

i think i linked to it at the top of this page, in fact. it's the raping with the mouth thing, yes?

Well poop.  Sorry about that. :-[

Seriously though, it's just absolutely brilliant.  If I didn't know it was real, I would be thinking it was one of the better skits from SNL.

Written By: CatwomanofV on 06/17/09 at 5:37 pm

Well poop.  Sorry about that. :-[

Seriously though, it's just absolutely brilliant.  If I didn't know it was real, I would be thinking it was one of the better skits from SNL.

Like I said in an earlier post, I'm surprised they didn't have teabags with them.

Cat

Written By: Jessica on 06/17/09 at 6:20 pm

Like I said in an earlier post, I'm surprised they didn't have teabags with them.

Cat

No, but they have foul mouths.  Sheesh, they make ME blush. ;D

Written By: Dagwood on 06/17/09 at 7:28 pm

Speaking of vagina dentata, have you seen "Teeth"?

I haven't but my sister told me about it.  It completely freaked her out.

Written By: AL-B Mk. III on 06/18/09 at 4:28 pm

Holy crap!

What planet is the "HE WILL RAPE YOU WITH HIS MOUTH!" lady from???  :o :o :o

Written By: Tia on 06/18/09 at 4:36 pm

Holy crap!

What planet is the "HE WILL RAPE YOU WITH HIS MOUTH!" lady from???  :o :o :o
she's from planet Chuck!

you know what "Chuck" means in jewish?

Check for new replies or respond here...