» OLD MESSAGE ARCHIVES «
The Pop Culture Information Society...
Messageboard Archive Index, In The 00s - The Pop Culture Information Society

Welcome to the archived messages from In The 00s. This archive stretches back to 1998 in some instances, and contains a nearly complete record of all the messages posted to inthe00s.com. You will also find an archive of the messages from inthe70s.com, inthe80s.com, inthe90s.com and amiright.com before they were combined to form the inthe00s.com messageboard.

If you are looking for the active messages, please click here. Otherwise, use the links below or on the right hand side of the page to navigate the archives.

Custom Search

Subject: Meanwhile, eight months later....

Written By: Rice_Cube on 06/30/09 at 2:22 pm

Minnesota Supreme Court rules in favor of Stuart Smalley

And now we see how much longer Norm Coleman will make this thing stretch :D

Subject: Re: Meanwhile, eight months later....

Written By: LyricBoy on 06/30/09 at 2:37 pm

Minnesota Supreme Court rules in favor of Stuart Smalley

And now we see how much longer Norm Coleman will make this thing stretch :D

No doubt a SCOTUS appeal is being drafted as we speak post.

Written By: Rice_Cube on 06/30/09 at 2:38 pm

I wager we'll be well into September before something happens one way or the other :P

Written By: Rice_Cube on 06/30/09 at 4:08 pm

http://news.yahoo.com/s/ap/us_minnesota_senate

Okay, so it's official.

Written By: Reynolds1863 on 06/30/09 at 4:16 pm

Senator Al Franken.  Well it's about time.

Written By: Tia on 06/30/09 at 4:20 pm

this kinda sucked the wind out of my sails a little bit. what, i can't gripe about this coleman character anymore?

Written By: Rice_Cube on 06/30/09 at 4:49 pm

this kinda sucked the wind out of my sails a little bit. what, i can't gripe about this coleman character anymore?

Nope.

So the Dems now have a filibuster-buster eh?  This might be good.  Or it could be really really bad.  We shall see, we shall see...

Written By: MaxwellSmart on 06/30/09 at 9:39 pm

Nope.

So the Dems now have a filibuster-buster eh?  This might be good.  Or it could be really really bad.  We shall see, we shall see...

Kennedy and Byrd are in pretty rough shape.  I don't think the 60-seat supermajority will last long, besides with doojbags like Max Baucus and Blanche Lincoln around, who needs Republicans?
::)

Written By: Don Carlos on 07/01/09 at 10:53 am

Kennedy and Byrd are in pretty rough shape.  I don't think the 60-seat supermajority will last long, besides with doojbags like Max Baucus and Blanche Lincoln around, who needs Republicans?
::)

The blue dogs could be trouble, but both W Virg. & Mass would no doubt appoint Dems to replace Kennedy or Byrd should the need arise, and I would guess that both would be on hand for really important votes.

Check for new replies or respond here...