» OLD MESSAGE ARCHIVES «
The Pop Culture Information Society...
Messageboard Archive Index, In The 00s - The Pop Culture Information Society

Welcome to the archived messages from In The 00s. This archive stretches back to 1998 in some instances, and contains a nearly complete record of all the messages posted to inthe00s.com. You will also find an archive of the messages from inthe70s.com, inthe80s.com, inthe90s.com and amiright.com before they were combined to form the inthe00s.com messageboard.

If you are looking for the active messages, please click here. Otherwise, use the links below or on the right hand side of the page to navigate the archives.

Custom Search

Subject: Coleman concedes to Franken

Written By: MaxwellSmart on 06/30/09 at 9:27 pm

http://news.yahoo.com/s/politico/20090630/pl_politico/24383

And not a moment too soon!  I was sure Normie Numbnuts was going t try and take it to the U.S. Supreme Court!

Republican Norm Coleman has conceded to Democrat Al Franken in the Minnesota Senate race, ending one of the longest Senate races in American history and clearing the way for Democrats to hold a 60-seat supermajority in the Senate.

Coleman’s concession, given from the front of his St. Paul home, came just a few hours after the Minnesota Supreme Court on Tuesday unanimously ruled Franken the winner of last November’s Senate race. In a 5-0 decision, the court upheld a three-judge panel’s April 14 ruling that Franken defeated Coleman in the race by 312 votes out of 2.9 million cast. The 32-page opinion was remarkably decisive, picking apart and rejecting one Coleman legal claim after another.

Not to worry about the "60-seat supermajority," either Kennedy or Byrd or both won't be around in three years...plus you've got Blue Dog sellouts like Lincoln and Baucus to gum stuff up. 
8)

Subject: Re: Coleman concedes to Franken

Written By: Rice_Cube on 06/30/09 at 9:40 pm

I posted this already :D :D :D :D

But I am not an anonymous informant 8)

Written By: MaxwellSmart on 06/30/09 at 10:26 pm

I posted this already :D :D :D :D

But I am not an anonymous informant 8)

Yeah, I noticed after the fact.
:(

Written By: Rice_Cube on 06/30/09 at 10:26 pm

S'okay.

Written By: nally on 06/30/09 at 11:11 pm

I saw it on tv earlier today. Congratulations Stewart Smelly...I mean Al!

Written By: Frank on 07/01/09 at 12:20 am

Way ta go Al,
Enjoyed reading your "I'm Good Enough, I'm Smart Enough, and Doggone It, People Like Me!"

Written By: Reynolds1863 on 07/01/09 at 3:51 pm

Senator Franken.  I like that.  Wonder if he's going to move to Minnesota permanently now?

Check for new replies or respond here...