» OLD MESSAGE ARCHIVES «
The Pop Culture Information Society...
Messageboard Archive Index, In The 00s - The Pop Culture Information Society

Welcome to the archived messages from In The 00s. This archive stretches back to 1998 in some instances, and contains a nearly complete record of all the messages posted to inthe00s.com. You will also find an archive of the messages from inthe70s.com, inthe80s.com, inthe90s.com and amiright.com before they were combined to form the inthe00s.com messageboard.

If you are looking for the active messages, please click here. Otherwise, use the links below or on the right hand side of the page to navigate the archives.

Custom Search

Subject: Funniest put down I've heard all week... a positive offshoot of Vanity Fair

Written By: ChuckyG on 07/01/09 at 9:22 am

that awful Sarah Palin person is all over the news... still... Vanity Fair is keeping her face visible this week with a "behind the scenes tell all" that frankly broke very little new ground.

A fun little back and forth occurred as a result

http://www.politico.com/news/stories/0609/24392.html

Asked about the accusation, Schmidt fired back in an e-mail: “I'm sure John McCain would be president today if only Bill Kristol had been in charge of the campaign.”

“After all, his management of Dan Quayle’s public image as his chief of staff is still something that takes your breath away,” Schmidt continued. “His attack on me is categorically false.”

There's some first class funny right there folks... what's Dan Quayle been up to lately anyways?  Wouldn't it be a hoot to see him run in 2012 against Palin?

lots of infighting over the failure of the McCain-Palin ticket last fall... if these people don't get their act together, Obama won't even need to run for re-election

Subject: Re: Funniest put down I've heard all week... a positive offshoot of Vanity Fair

Written By: philbo on 07/01/09 at 11:59 am

Even better, a Quayle-Palin ticket - let's have a president + VP pair whose combined IQ scores don't get into double figures...

Is there a decent Republican candidate around?  (I use the word "decent" in more than one of its meanings)

Subject: Re: Funniest put down I've heard all week... a positive offshoot of Vanity Fair

Written By: ChuckyG on 07/01/09 at 3:29 pm

Even better, a Quayle-Palin ticket - let's have a president + VP pair whose combined IQ scores don't get into double figures...

Is there a decent Republican candidate around?  (I use the word "decent" in more than one of its meanings)

there are.... but they aren't anywhere on the radar right now.  I'm sure they are going to play it safe and sit out '12 or at the very least make a small effort but not a full blown run.  Unless the economy slides further and Obama starts picking my wars to start, he's probably a safe re-election bet.  Then again, four years can be a very long time.

Written By: MaxwellSmart on 07/01/09 at 8:06 pm

'Zactly.  Quayle was a laughing stock before he got out of the starting gate.  Quayle and Palin are remarkably similar: Bone stupid and oblivious to reality!

::)

Written By: ChuckyG on 07/01/09 at 8:20 pm

'Zactly.  Quayle was a laughing stock before he got out of the starting gate.  Quayle and Palin are remarkably similar: Bone stupid and oblivious to reality!

::)

the difference is that the hardcore right wing "lifers" love her.  so there's always a possibility that she could be a spoiler during the primaries, and we end up with a weird race that ends up nominating someone like John McCain.

Check for new replies or respond here...