» OLD MESSAGE ARCHIVES «
The Pop Culture Information Society...
Messageboard Archive Index, In The 00s - The Pop Culture Information Society

Welcome to the archived messages from In The 00s. This archive stretches back to 1998 in some instances, and contains a nearly complete record of all the messages posted to inthe00s.com. You will also find an archive of the messages from inthe70s.com, inthe80s.com, inthe90s.com and amiright.com before they were combined to form the inthe00s.com messageboard.

If you are looking for the active messages, please click here. Otherwise, use the links below or on the right hand side of the page to navigate the archives.

Custom Search

Subject: 'We’re Allowing Them To Exist' - enlightened views from Pennsylvania

Written By: ChuckyG on 07/02/09 at 8:06 pm

http://thinkprogress.org/2009/06/30/gays-exist/

Pennsylvania State Sen. John Eichelberger (R)

...his most shocking comments came when fellow lawmaker Sen. Daylin Leach (D) asked him how gay men and women should be treated:

Leach: Should our only policy towards couples be one of punishment, to somehow prove that they’ve done something wrong?

Eichelberger: They’re not being punished. We’re allowing them to exist, and do what every American can do. We’re just not rewarding them with any special designation.

What is the over/under he will be found with a gay intern or in a gay message parlor?

Subject: Re: 'We’re Allowing Them To Exist' - enlightened views from Pennsylvania

Written By: JamieMcBain on 07/02/09 at 8:25 pm

I wouldn't doubt it. He will so be caught in a gay scandal.

Subject: Re: 'We’re Allowing Them To Exist' - enlightened views from Pennsylvania

Written By: MaxwellSmart on 07/02/09 at 8:48 pm

He was talking about gay couples.  Getting an HJ from a punk at the illegal bathhouse doesn't make you a couple!
::)

Written By: Red Ant on 07/02/09 at 10:36 pm

What is the over/under he will be found with a gay intern or in a gay message parlor?

I dunno, but I'll take the long shot odds and say he tries to one-up Mark Sanford by flying to Pattaya and have an orgy with ladyboys.

Ant

Written By: Reynolds1863 on 07/03/09 at 7:43 pm

Ah yes, Eichelberger.  Interestingly enough the Senator who has the gay marriage bill Daylin Leach from Philly ran circles around him in a radio debate.  Eichelberger won't even meet with anyone who is pro-gay marriage.  Pompous bastard he is.  He won't even acknowledge that people disagree with him.  BTW Daylin is one heck of a cool guy I've had the privilege of talking to him.  :)

Written By: Reynolds1863 on 07/04/09 at 1:35 pm

Eichelberger? 1,000,000,000,000-0. Leach, since he asked? 99.9999999999% certainty.

Your Pal,
Doc

8)

Do you even know Daylin?  Obviously you don't so kindly shut your yap. >:(

Written By: Rice_Cube on 07/04/09 at 6:33 pm

I meant no insult to you or your friend, Reynolds. However, given what ChuchyG said about Eichelberger, I posted that in the spirit of turnabout being fair play. And in truth, I agree with Eichelberger on the fact that these people should not be made a favorite of the laws when they engage in and glorify behavior that barely a generation ago was considered to be perversion! I hope this clarifies my position for you.

Your Pal,
Doc

8)

You fear change.

Written By: Tia on 07/04/09 at 6:47 pm

You fear change.
i change fear!

Written By: Rice_Cube on 07/04/09 at 6:49 pm

i change fear!

There is nothing to change but fear itself?

Written By: Ashkicksass on 07/04/09 at 7:50 pm

I meant no insult to you or your friend, Reynolds. However, given what ChuchyG said about Eichelberger, I posted that in the spirit of turnabout being fair play. And in truth, I agree with Eichelberger on the fact that these people should not be made a favorite of the laws when they engage in and glorify behavior that barely a generation ago was considered to be perversion! I hope this clarifies my position for you.

Your Pal,
Doc

8)

Congratulations on having one of the worst arguments ever.  How many people consider anything other than missionary position "perversion?"  And the fact that you think that gay people want to be made a favorite of the laws just goes to show that you have absolutely no grasp of the actual issues at hand.

Your pal,
Ash

Written By: MaxwellSmart on 07/04/09 at 10:02 pm

Congratulations on having one of the worst arguments ever.  How many people consider anything other than missionary position "perversion?"  And the fact that you think that gay people want to be made a favorite of the laws just goes to show that you have absolutely no grasp of the actual issues at hand.

Your pal,
Ash

Ohhhh...he's prolly got a pretty good grasp of the issues at hand, depending on what you mean by the issues!
;)

Written By: snozberries on 07/04/09 at 10:05 pm

Your Pal,
Doc

8)

Doc

You should have stuck to the quizzes. I liked you so much more then.
In less than twenty-four hours what have is so far removed from the former.
So much intolerance and hatred. I don't understand this at all.

Snoz is-
No longer your pal.

Written By: Macphisto on 07/06/09 at 5:53 pm

Your Pal,
Doc

8)

I'll put it this way.  I don't like the overtones concerning this politician's remarks, but I agree that everyone should be treated equally.  Of course, what the politician doesn't understand is that gay marriage is equality.

Written By: Frank on 07/06/09 at 6:36 pm

There is nothing to change but fear itself?

;D Brilliant.

Written By: Tia on 07/06/09 at 9:42 pm

Your Pal,
Doc

8)

"jesus poisoning."

I think they should add an entry in the DSM.

Written By: Doc Brown on 07/06/09 at 10:54 pm

"jesus poisoning."

I think they should add an entry in the DSM.

How dare you attack my religion, TIA! I realize you are an atheist or something, but I don't attack you for that. I believe in living and letting live, but I am against people being rewarded for their alternate, amoral lifestyle! YOU are the type who have to kick and scream about people praying in public, and all you're doing is wasting the courts' time. You people have the freedom to NOT exercise religion, shut up and STOP trying to take away ours!

Your unappreciative target,
Doc

>:(

Written By: Rice_Cube on 07/06/09 at 10:57 pm

How dare you attack my religion, TIA! I realize you are an atheist or something, but I don't attack you for that. I believe in living and letting live, but I am against people being rewarded for their alternate, amoral lifestyle! YOU are the type who have to kick and scream about people praying in public, and all you're doing is wasting the courts' time. You people have the freedom to NOT exercise religion, shut up and STOP trying to take away ours!

Doc

Begging your captain's pardon, but who appointed you the all-knowing judge of moral character?

Written By: snozberries on 07/06/09 at 10:59 pm

Doc

we're not asking you to stop practicing your religion just stop inflicting it one everyone else... that's why you have churches, and homes and cars... so you can have your time with God on your terms....  ::)

Written By: Rice_Cube on 07/06/09 at 10:59 pm

we're not asking you to stop practicing your religion just stop inflicting it one everyone else... that's why you have churches, and homes and cars... so you can have your time with God on your terms....  ::)

I like the part where I don't have to be in a church to have time with the God :D

Written By: Jessica on 07/06/09 at 11:02 pm

Doc

You may not attack people for their religious beliefs, but you're attacking people who are looking for the right to get married and love who they want to?

Yeah, real God-like behavior there.  See you in hell.

Written By: Rice_Cube on 07/06/09 at 11:05 pm

What's dumb is that if the Republicans are trying to be all conservative and stuff, why waste time, resources and money to legislate something that shouldn't matter anyway?  It's not like gay people are going to rub their balls on your precious Jesus-encrusted house or something :P

Written By: snozberries on 07/06/09 at 11:05 pm

I like the part where I don't have to be in a church to have time with the God :D

well you know... I sort of think churches are stupid... I think if you have faith and stuff won't that god hear whatever you have to say whereever you decide to say it... does he really need you to go to a bldg once a week to do this? but we are a social nation and need to be validated by others so churches were created so all the like minded people would have a place to go share their like minded views....

and that's cool with me... but I wish the crazies would stop cornering me at the grocery store trying to convert me and shyt... 4 years of catholic school knocked that mind control crap right out of me.....

put I still respect your right to believe... just as I'd hope you'd respect mine not too.. see we can  co-exist...

Written By: Jessica on 07/06/09 at 11:06 pm

What's dumb is that if the Republicans are trying to be all conservative and stuff, why waste time, resources and money to legislate something that shouldn't matter anyway?  It's not like gay people are going to rub their balls on your precious Jesus-encrusted house or something :P

LMFAO.

well you know... I sort of think churches are stupid... I think if you have faith and stuff won't that god hear whatever you have to say whereever you decide to say it... does he really need you to go to a bldg once a week to do this? but we are a social nation and need to be validated by others so churches were created so all the like minded people would have a place to go share their like minded views....

and that's cool with me... but I wish the crazies would stop cornering me at the grocery store trying to convert me and shyt... 4 years of catholic school knocked that mind control crap right out of me.....

put I still respect your right to believe... just as I'd hope you'd respect mine not too.. see we can  co-exist...

Amen.

Written By: Rice_Cube on 07/06/09 at 11:07 pm

I have agnostic and atheist friends, it makes for good civil discussions unlike what is happening here...

Written By: Doc Brown on 07/06/09 at 11:18 pm

we are a social nation and need to be validated by others so churches were created so all the like minded people would have a place to go share their like minded views....

and that's cool with me... but I wish the crazies would stop cornering me at the grocery store trying to convert me and... 4 years of catholic school knocked that mind control crap right out of me.....

I feel the same way about coexistence, snoz. But how are public spectacles like gay pride parades any different than what you describe?

If people don't want Jehovah's witnesses coming to their door, then why do they have to see alternate lifestyle participants flaunting their sexuality in our streets? It has to work both ways. That's all I've been(clumsily) trying to say.

Still snoz's Pal,
Doc

;)

Written By: snozberries on 07/06/09 at 11:26 pm

I feel the same way about coexistence, snoz. But how are public spectacles like gay pride parades any different than what you describe?

If people don't want Jehovah's witnesses coming to their door, then why do they have to see alternate lifestyle participants flaunting their sexuality in our streets? It has to work both ways. That's all I've been(clumsily) trying to say.

Still snoz's Pal,
Doc

;)

that's a little different. If homosexuals had been treated equally from the start they would have no need for gay pride parades.

look at it this way. Don't know if you know this but I'm black...shocking but true....  things were not equal for people of color and they had to do things in the public to make changes for equality... the gay pride movement is no different than the civil rights movement except its more colorful and they dress better!  ;)

the thing is... no one is asking you to be gay!  as whoopi goldberg says- if you are against Gay Marriage then don't marry someone of the same sex! That's all there is to it... you are against it? Don't do it! But how does that translate to oppressing a whole group of people?

I'll say it again... take every thing you think about gays and apply it blacks. take everything you think about gay marriage and apply it to voting rights .... if you still feel the same way then there is no hope for this so called friendship.

Written By: Rice_Cube on 07/06/09 at 11:34 pm

On a side note, I asked my smoking hawt lesbian friend why we couldn't have "straight pride parades" or "white history month" (she's black) and she explained to me firmly but fairly why to do so would be really f**ked up.  I don't go to the pride parades or anything but I certainly respect their right to peaceably assemble.

Written By: Doc Brown on 07/06/09 at 11:40 pm

On a side note, I asked my smoking hawt lesbian friend why we couldn't have "straight pride parades" or "white history month" (she's black) and she explained to me firmly but fairly why to do so would be really f**ked up.  I don't go to the pride parades or anything but I certainly respect their right to peaceably assemble.

Please post her explanation, Rice.

Sadly, I can't see either of those ever happening without someone with too much black pride or gay pride kicking and screaming and calling us bigots. Why is it that equal rights never seem to work both ways? I hope these discussions are taking on a more civil tone now.

Doc

Written By: Rice_Cube on 07/06/09 at 11:45 pm

Sadly, I can't see either of those ever happening without someone with too much black pride or gay pride kicking and screaming and calling us bigots. Why is it that equal rights never seem to work both ways? I hope these discussions are taking on a more civil tone now.

Doc

In a nutshell, it has to do with such an event being a slap in the face of a group that has been oppressed for so long.  Not to mention that with whites being the majority, essentially EVERY month is "white history month". 

I dare you to set up a straight pride parade or a white history month gathering...even straights and whites would disapprove.

Written By: Jessica on 07/06/09 at 11:46 pm

Doc

I bet you're a closet case.  Usually the ones who scream loudest about gay rights and pride are the ones that are embedded deepest in the closet.  Is Tom Cruise in there with you?

Written By: snozberries on 07/06/09 at 11:46 pm

Doc

I'll post it... White males and straight people have been privileged since forming this country.

for someone to have a white pride parade or a straight pride parade would be like saying BRING BACK SEGREGATION AND JIM CROW.
we all know that the privilege as described still exists be we don't talk about it. We march in pride parades to remind ourselves and everyone else NEVER AGAIN!  and to be fair....

the Pride parades are never exclusionary  all people of color can march in heritage pride parade.... and straights have been know to march in a gay pride parade...its a way of showing support to the cause... no one wants to march in a white pride parade because simply doing so would suggest that we want to return to a time when things were not as equal...

hope that makes sense.

Written By: Rice_Cube on 07/06/09 at 11:46 pm

I bet you're a closet case.  Usually the ones who scream loudest about gay rights and pride are the ones that are embedded deepest in the closet.  Is Tom Cruise in there with you?

http://z.about.com/d/animatedtv/1/0/T/T/spEP912--Trapped_in_the_Closet--3.jpg

Written By: Jessica on 07/06/09 at 11:48 pm

I'll post it... White males and straight people have been privileged since forming this country.

for someone to have a white pride parade or a straight pride parade would be like saying BRING BACK SEGREGATION AND JIM CROW.
we all know that the privilege as described still exists be we don't talk about it. We march in pride parades to remind ourselves and everyone else NEVER AGAIN!  and to be fair....

the Pride parades are never exclusionary  all people of color can march in heritage pride parade.... and straights have been know to march in a gay pride parade...its a way of showing support to the cause... no one wants to march in a white pride parade because simply doing so would suggest that we want to return to a time when things were not as equal...

hope that makes sense.

Yep.  I actually enjoy the gay pride parades and cheering them on, knowing that they're fighting a hard battle against all these supposed good Conservative Christians.  Also, they are usually much more fun than any regular parade.

http://z.about.com/d/animatedtv/1/0/T/T/spEP912--Trapped_in_the_Closet--3.jpg

;D

Written By: snozberries on 07/06/09 at 11:55 pm

Yep.  I actually enjoy the gay pride parades and cheering them on, knowing that they're fighting a hard battle against all these supposed good Conservative Christians.  Also, they are usually much more fun than any regular parade.

http://irregulartimes.com/straightnotnarrowthumb.gif

Written By: Foo Bar on 07/07/09 at 12:31 am

(( Straight but not Narrow ))

Thanks for injecting some common sense into a thread that...

http://img386.imageshack.us/img386/499/thisthreadisgayal2.jpg

...had sorta gone that-a-way.

If God cares about who we're sleeping with, He, She, or It will dish out the punishments as He, She, or It sees fit.  Not the business of us mere mortals to go about interfering in God's business.  Judge not, lest ye be judged, and that whole bit about hitting "Mute" while watchin' a Sarah Palin speech countin' the same as nailin' her in every position of the Kama Sutra means I'm damned anyways. 

(OK, so I may have paraphrased Matthew 5:27-28 a bit, but I think the meaning's at least as clear in the Foo Bar Version than the LOLCAT Version, but the meaning comes through pretty clear in both.  He's in ur brain, watchin u think about it.)

(( And now for something completely different -- the Lolcat Bible is probably the best example of collaborative theology I've ever seen. I grew up on the KJV, and still prefer it for literary value.  But the Lolcat version is just as poetic, albeit in a completely different reason.  It's actually astonishingly faithful to the original text as more recently translated into the NIV/RSV, but keeps - albeit in a completely differenst sense - the literary pleasure the KJV authors took in translating their texts as best as they could.  I've actually used it in debates against both atheists and fundies.  It cuts away a lot of the crap that both groups take too seriously.  ))

Written By: Doc Brown on 07/07/09 at 1:14 am

hope that makes sense.

Thank you, Rice and snoz. Unlike Jessica and her endless need to insult, insinuate, and belittle, YOU TWO gave me a sensible explanation.
Incidentally snoz, I could've talked with you forever without knowing(or caring) about the color of your skin. Makes no difference to me.
For the record, I am a straight-ahead egalitarian, which means I believe in equal rights regardless of race, gender, religion, or lifestyle.
BTW FB, I like the motto of "Straight but not Narrow". Live and let Live.

Rice & snoz's Pal,
Doc

8)

Written By: Red Ant on 07/07/09 at 1:45 am

http://www.funny-potato.com/blog/wp-content/uploads/2008/01/lolcano.gif

Old school lulz.

I'd have to disagree with every month but February as being white history month. Although I can see a hypothetical white pride parade attracting droves of racists and wp types, to say that being proud of being white alludes to something to be ashamed of simply dumfounds me.

A "straight pride" parade would be awesome. Women holding up signs that say "I love penis!!" and guys holding signs saying "I love vagina!!" would be friggin hysterical... especially if some of the signs got mixed up.

In the spirit of joking, the term "gay parade" is redundant. Why not a "sexual freedom" parade instead? There's tons of sexual oppression, and while it's aimed mostly at gays and lesbians, there's a lot more that needs to be covered than that. I'm pretty sure that most of the sex acts I engage in with my wife are still against the law in VA. All that BS needs to be stricken from the books. As long as both people can legally consent, there should be no laws on what they can't do with one another.

Unlike Jessica and her endless need to insult...

Jessica's replies to you have been far more restrained than what I would have said. If my wife posted here and you called her an "ignorant slut" (and all the other crap you've said to Jess since) over open boards, I can guarantee my replies to you would make what I typed to Alan so many months ago look like a love letter.

Ant

Written By: Tia on 07/07/09 at 6:13 am

Begging your captain's pardon, but who appointed you the all-knowing judge of moral character?
jesus, i assume. hence my comment.

Written By: Reynolds1863 on 07/07/09 at 7:52 am

Doc

Civil?  This is coming from a person who offered a pathetically stereotypical remark about someone who don't know then panicked when you found out someone called you on it.  You Sir are not civil and only required that people be civil to you.

Written By: Reynolds1863 on 07/07/09 at 7:56 am

;D

I kind of like the drag king contest.  They're awesome!!! :)  Interestingly enough most of those good Conservative Christians have relatives who are gay.  Ever notice that???

Written By: Reynolds1863 on 07/07/09 at 7:59 am

Doc

Living and let live.  That obviously mean repressing people people you don't approve.  However when the shoe is on the other foot you throw a hissy fit.  Tia does not have a problem with religions he has a problem with people who lack the ability to reason and are prone to extremism.

Written By: ChuckyG on 07/07/09 at 8:00 am

yet they still come to my door... I'd rather have a bunch of gay men at my door then a bunch of straight Jehovah's Witnesses... wait, what? 

Written By: Reynolds1863 on 07/07/09 at 8:01 am

Narnia!!!! :o

Written By: Reynolds1863 on 07/07/09 at 8:33 am

Thank you, Rice and snoz. Unlike Jessica and her endless need to insult, insinuate, and belittle, YOU TWO gave me a sensible explanation.
Incidentally snoz, I could've talked with you forever without knowing(or caring) about the color of your skin. Makes no difference to me.
For the record, I am a straight-ahead egalitarian, which means I believe in equal rights regardless of race, gender, religion, or lifestyle.

Rice & snoz's Pal,
Doc

8)

Actually if you agree with Eichelberger you don't believe in equal rights.  He makes it a point to say "traditional values" is more important than equal rights.  So you're either trying way to hard to tow the Conservative Christian line or what you have said is a lie. 

Written By: LyricBoy on 07/07/09 at 9:33 am

Don't forget sexual orientation...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tCWz9U0MtoI

Written By: snozberries on 07/07/09 at 10:06 am

Rice & snoz's Pal,
Doc

8)

you completely contradict yourself... you claim to be for equal rights as long as people who want to engage in a same sex relationship only do so in their bedrooms. the minute they want to have the right to marry, file joint taxes and, oh I don't, have a legal say in what happens to their partner in the er you scream foul! 

If you're for equality then be for it 100%  >:(

Written By: snozberries on 07/07/09 at 10:10 am

Actually if you agree with Eichelberger you don't believe in equal rights.  He makes it a point to say "traditional values" is more important than equal rights.  So you're either trying way to hard to tow the Conservative Christian line or what you have said is a lie. 

what was said is a lie... I have the proof in a pm... I'm not gonna pull it out right now but its there and Doc I will use it if I have too!

Remember you should always be careful what you type for the words you write may come back and haunt you!

Written By: Tia on 07/07/09 at 10:19 am

what was said is a lie... I have the proof in a pm... I'm not gonna pull it out right now but its there and Doc I will use it if I have too!

Remember you should always be careful what you type for the words you write may come back and haunt you!
he PMed me once and called me a terrorist and told me to get out of his country, words to that effect. real extreme stuff.

Written By: Jessica on 07/07/09 at 10:30 am

Rice & snoz's Pal,
Doc

8)

OH NOES!!!1111  You're not my pal!!!!  I'm so wounded! :\'(

NOT.

he PMed me once and called me a terrorist and told me to get out of his country, words to that effect. real extreme stuff.

He PMed me this past week with something or other....forget what though, although he did try and make it sound like I PMed him first in the Parah Salin thread.

Written By: Rice_Cube on 07/07/09 at 10:56 am

yet they still come to my door... I'd rather have a bunch of gay men at my door then a bunch of straight Jehovah's Witnesses... wait, what? 

True story:

Once when I was at Jess' parents' house some Jehovah's Witnesses came to the door.  I am not particularly PC, so I yelled at the family to come check it out because there were "some black people" at the door.  Didn't even think about it, wasn't trying to be racist, but it was good for a few LAWLZ, especially when Jess' sister told them no thanks because she worshipped Satan ;D

Carry on.

Written By: Jessica on 07/07/09 at 10:57 am

True story:

Once when I was at Jess' parents' house some Jehovah's Witnesses came to the door.  I am not particularly PC, so I yelled at the family to come check it out because there were "some black people" at the door.  Didn't even think about it, wasn't trying to be racist, but it was good for a few LAWLZ, especially when Jess' sister told them no thanks because she worshipped Satan ;D

Carry on.

It didn't help that Blue was trying to attack them. ;D

Written By: Ashkicksass on 07/07/09 at 11:33 am

Rice & snoz's Pal,
Doc

8)

Oh...God...coffee just came out of my nose.  Ouch. 

Written By: CatwomanofV on 07/07/09 at 11:40 am

I really don't understand why people are so against gays getting married. I just can't fathom why people put so much money into fighting this. I'm sure most of you know that I have 2 gay nieces. One is in a committed relationship. They have a Civil Union but now that Vermont has legalized gay marriage, they will get married. I don't GET how the fact that they can get married will have ANY effect on mine & Carlos' marriage.  ??? I always said, that I look forward to dancing at their wedding like they danced at ours. Will someone explain to me how letting these two women marry will have ANY effect on society? Are they going to hurt anyone because they get married? Personally, I don't think the sky will fall when they do get married.

Cat

Written By: Rice_Cube on 07/07/09 at 11:44 am

I really don't understand why people are so against gays getting married. I just can't fathom why people put so much money into fighting this. I'm sure most of you know that I have 2 gay nieces. One is in a committed relationship. They have a Civil Union but now that Vermont has legalized gay marriage, they will get married. I don't GET how the fact that they can get married will have ANY effect on mine & Carlos' marriage.  ??? I always said, that I look forward to dancing at their wedding like they danced at ours. Will someone explain to me how letting these two women marry will have ANY effect on society? Are they going to hurt anyone because they get married? Personally, I don't think the sky will fall when they do get married.

Cat

It's because it's really icky and gross.  Icky and gross stuff shouldn't be allowed in civilized society.

::)  ::)

Hope all y'all know I was being sarcastic as all heck.

Written By: MaxwellSmart on 07/07/09 at 11:48 am

Don't forget sexual orientation...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tCWz9U0MtoI

And Booger has one for our "pal" here:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yR-D9oSMLBw&NR=1
:D

Written By: philbo on 07/07/09 at 11:51 am

It's because it's really icky and gross.  Icky and gross stuff shouldn't be allowed in civilized society.

What, that's what Cat's nieces are called?

But seriously, I've never understood why some people have such a hang-up about homosexuality - so much so, they think that their all-powerful, all-knowing God who in theory created homosexuals along with everyone else.. they think this God of theirs cares about it, too.  Words fail me when I try and express just how ridiculous an idea that seems to me to be.

Written By: Rice_Cube on 07/07/09 at 11:57 am

http://engrishfunny.files.wordpress.com/2009/06/engrish-funny-immoral-behaviour.jpg?w=453&h=604

Written By: Jessica on 07/07/09 at 11:57 am

But seriously, I've never understood why some people have such a hang-up about homosexuality - so much so, they think that their all-powerful, all-knowing God who in theory created homosexuals along with everyone else.. they think this God of theirs cares about it, too.  Words fail me when I try and express just how ridiculous an idea that seems to me to be.

There are a few people I know that aren't religious and have problems with homosexuality.  Go figure.

Written By: CatwomanofV on 07/07/09 at 12:00 pm

There are a few people I know that aren't religious and have problems with homosexuality.  Go figure.

As Rice said, it is the Ick factor.

Cat

Written By: Ashkicksass on 07/07/09 at 12:58 pm

I honestly think that the thought of homosexuality stirs something deep within them that they absolutely cannot tolerate and so they feel they must supress it in others.  I don't care what anyone says, we have all at least wondered what it might be like to be with someone of the same sex.  Some people can't even admit it to themselves, let alone anyone else. 

That's what it all comes down to isn't it?  Jess mentioned it earlier.  The people who yell the loudest are usually the ones with the most to hide. 

I am proud to say that not only do I find women attractive, I have had the pleasure of a woman's company in the Biblical sense.  If I'm going to hell for it, it was totally worth it.

Written By: MaxwellSmart on 07/07/09 at 1:02 pm

That's what it all comes down to isn't it?  Jess mentioned it earlier.  The people who yell the loudest are usually the ones with the most to hide. 

Or as Larry Craig put it,

I AM NOT GAY!!!

Written By: Reynolds1863 on 07/07/09 at 2:32 pm

As Rice said, it is the Ick factor.

Cat

Have to wonder how many of them watch lesbian porn and such?  I'm not sure how much of it really is the ick factor and how much is fear of a legitimate human behavior?

Written By: Rice_Cube on 07/07/09 at 2:37 pm

Have to wonder how many of them watch lesbian porn and such?  I'm not sure how much of it really is the ick factor and how much is fear of a legitimate human behavior?

They don't like the part where real lesbians don't look anything like in the movies :D

Written By: Reynolds1863 on 07/07/09 at 2:49 pm

They don't like the part where real lesbians don't look anything like in the movies :D

You mean real lesbians don't look like models??? :o  My God I wonder what would happen if they found out real lesbians work, pay taxes and some even go to church!!!

Written By: Rice_Cube on 07/07/09 at 2:55 pm

You mean real lesbians don't look like models??? :o  My God I wonder what would happen if they found out real lesbians work, pay taxes and some even go to church!!!

...and they don't have cooties!

Written By: Doc Brown on 07/07/09 at 3:08 pm

OK, fine. I have no problem with people who want to lead alternate lifestyles(Which is how I alluded to sexual orientaion in my last post, BTW.), so yes, for me it is the 'Ick factor'. But does it have to be thrown in my face everytime I turn on the TV or pick up a magazine? Do you guys really think television mirrors reality, where every third person wants to get it on with someone of the same sex? And isn't there something besides sex that people talk about in real life? Not even every Seinfeld episode was as explicit as The Contest or Elaine's "FAKE FAKE FAKE FAKE!". That's all I've ever tried to say. Anyone who wants to carry on a homosexual relation ship is fine with me, just don't ask me to participate, and I don't want to see it on television. Seems the only people on the tube who aren't talking about sex anymore are the corpses on CSI ! Isn't there more to life?

Now Tia, I apologized years ago for what I posted, despite the Anti-American sentiment of what I replied to. But Jessica has done nothing but sling mud at me ever since I first offered my opinion on this thread.
My point from the very beginning has been, doesn't the government have more Important issues to discuss? So if everyone(Especially Jessica) would stop trying to paint me as some hatemonger, I woud seriously appreciate it!

Just someone alone in his beliefs,
Doc

:-\\

Written By: Rice_Cube on 07/07/09 at 3:13 pm

This shouldn't even be the government's business, really.  Just let everyone get married to whatever human they want.

Written By: Ashkicksass on 07/07/09 at 3:16 pm

OK, fine. I have no problem with people who want to lead alternate lifestyles(Which is how I alluded to sexual orientaion in my last post, BTW.), so yes, for me it is the 'Ick factor'. But does it have to be thrown in my face everytime I turn on the TV or pick up a magazine? Do you guys really think television mirrors reality, where every third person wants to get it on with someone of the same sex? And isn't there something besides sex that people talk about in real life? Not even every Seinfeld episode was as explicit as The Contest or Elaine's "FAKE FAKE FAKE FAKE!". That's all I've ever tried to say. Anyone who wants to carry on a homosexual relation ship is fine with me, just don't ask me to participate, and I don't want to see it on television. Seems the only people on the tube who aren't talking about sex anymore are the corpses on CSI ! Isn't there more to life?

Now Tia, I apologized years ago for what I posted, despite the Anti-American sentiment of what I replied to. But Jessica has done nothing but sling mud at me ever since I first offered my opinion on this thread.
My point from the very beginning has been, doesn't the government have more Important issues to discuss? So if everyone(Especially Jessica) would stop trying to paint me as some hatemonger, I woud seriously appreciate it!

Doc

Stop ragging on Jessica.  You're just mad because she's right.

Written By: Doc Brown on 07/07/09 at 3:16 pm

This shouldn't even be the government's business, really.  Just let everyone get married to whatever human they want.

Exactly, Rice. And I'd rather not see it on every news channel, either.

Reporting live from Common Ground,
Doc

8)

Written By: Reynolds1863 on 07/07/09 at 3:19 pm

Doc

What do you think about interracial relationships?  Do you think it's appropriate to ban them just because it makes some people cringe even though the couple is quite happy and stable?  So what do we do about people who don't like to see straight relationships on TV because they feel it's being forced down their throats?  I understand (although I don't agree with it) what you're saying however there's more than one way to look at your logic.

Written By: Rice_Cube on 07/07/09 at 3:21 pm

Exactly, Rice. And I'd rather not see it on every news channel, either.

Reporting live from Common Ground,
Doc

8)

Then turn off the TV :D

Written By: Doc Brown on 07/07/09 at 3:24 pm

And the fact that you think that gay people want to be made a favorite of the laws just goes to show that you have absolutely no grasp of the actual issues at hand.

It shouldn't BE an issue, Ash!
We have the environment, the economy, immigration, political corruption, and homelessness to worry about, why are people making the government waste time on THIS? (For the record, I am for harsher hate crime legislation)

Reynolds, I have family members who have been(and one who still is) in an interracial relationship. There is no 'Ick factor' there, frankly I am glad to see it happening, it seems to clearly show Dr. King's dream coming true. Love knows no color, and I'm glad.

And Jessica's not right. I got mad because she's RUDE!

Trying to graciously exit the debate,
Doc

Written By: Jessica on 07/07/09 at 3:26 pm

Doc

Yep, because calling someone a commie ignorant slut is SO VERY unrude.

Written By: Jessica on 07/07/09 at 3:28 pm

Oh, and saying that Rice should enjoy me now because I'll be burning in hell.  How very Christian of you, Doc.

Written By: Tia on 07/07/09 at 3:29 pm

Now Tia, I apologized years ago for what I posted, despite the Anti-American sentiment of what I replied to. Just someone alone in his beliefs,
Doc

you sorta apologzed, under duress, as i recall, but i wasn't editorilizing, just mentioning that you sent the PM. your "apology" doesn't undo the fact that you sent the PM, and since it sounds like now you're sending more PMs to unwelcome recipients i'm gonna go ahead and share my own experience with them as appropriate. your calling tho original sentiment "antiamerican" (i believe i'd dared to criticize bush and the war in iraq and dared support obama?) makes me think your apology wasn't genuine anyway, you were just doing damage control.

let's get something straight: the right wing no longer has the right to call anyone "antiamerican," tell anyone to leave the country of their birth or accuse anyone of colluding with terrorists. Over the last eight years you guys have done FAR too much damage to this great nation, much of it deliberately, for you to have any further right to continue exploiting patriotism as a cudgel to beat people over the head with. that stopped working, and stopped being acceptable, long ago. stop it.

Written By: Rice_Cube on 07/07/09 at 3:29 pm

Oh, and saying that Rice should enjoy me now because I'll be burning in hell.  How very Christian of you, Doc.

Unfortunately, it is a very "Christian" thing to say :-\\

Written By: Doc Brown on 07/07/09 at 3:33 pm

Oh, and saying that Rice should enjoy me now because I'll be burning in hell.  How very Christian of you, Doc.
Well Jessica, when the time comes, don't say I didn't warn you. And you were extremely rude to ME first! Which is why I called you that in the first place. I think I'll leave the debate now before you liberals decide to play "pin the tar and feathers on the republican" any further!

Still trying to exit gracefully,
Doc

Written By: Reynolds1863 on 07/07/09 at 3:34 pm

We have the environment, the economy, immigration, political corruption, and homelessness to worry about, why are people making the government waste time on THIS? (For the record, I am for harsher hate crime legislation)

Reynolds, I have family members who have been(and one who still is) in an interracial relationship. There is no 'Ick factor' there, frankly I am glad to see it happening, it seems to clearly show Dr. King's dream coming true. Love knows no color, and I'm glad.

Doc

Coretta Scott King was in favor of gay-marriage.  So Dr. King's dream is coming true only if it doesn't make you squirm.

Written By: Rice_Cube on 07/07/09 at 3:35 pm

Well Jessica, when the time comes, don't say I didn't warn you. And you were extremely rude to ME first! Which is why I called you that in the first place. I think I'll leave the debate now before you liberals decide to play "pin the tar and feathers on the republican" any further!

Doc

Even the Republican is against you :P  Don't backpedal.

Written By: Jessica on 07/07/09 at 3:35 pm

Well when the time comes, don't say I didn't warn you. And you were extremely rude to ME first! Which is why I called you that in the first place. I think I'll leave the debate now before you liberals decide to play "pin the tar and feathers on the republican" any further!

Doc

Why?  Because I asked if you were joking?  Because I called Sarah Palin a twat in the PM I sent yoU?  Because I'm not going to take your bullshyt insults?

Written By: Reynolds1863 on 07/07/09 at 3:36 pm

Well when the time comes, don't say I didn't warn you. And you were extremely rude to ME first! Which is why I called you that in the first place. I think I'll leave the debate now before you liberals decide to play "pin the tar and feathers on the republican" any further!

Doc

Turn about is fair play as you've stated.  What's wrong can't handle "liberal's opinions"  please stay and not used the victim card.  

Written By: Rice_Cube on 07/07/09 at 3:38 pm

If Republicans are for a smaller government and less spending, stop wasting time and resources on this stupid non-issue...sheesh.

Written By: Doc Brown on 07/07/09 at 3:39 pm

Coretta Scott King was in favor of gay-marriage.  So Dr. King's dream is coming true only if it doesn't make you squirm.

Coretta, maybe. But was Dr. King? That part of his dream(if it ever was) doesn't have to come true live on television.

And Rice? Perhaps you could tell that to the now Democrat-dominated government.

Trying to give my final word on the subject,
Doc

;)

Written By: Rice_Cube on 07/07/09 at 3:41 pm

Coretta, maybe. But was Dr. King? That part of his dream(if it ever was) doesn't have to come true live on television.

Doc

;)

The government is Democrat-dominated because Republicans were epically stupid the last four years...but I guess we won't get into that.

Dr. King didn't say that gay marriage was bad, did he?

Written By: Reynolds1863 on 07/07/09 at 3:42 pm

Doc

;)

Coretta is the only one who could ever speak for King.  Therefore it is assumed he would be also.  BTW, if television bothers you perhaps you need to stop watching cable and take up a hobby.

Written By: CatwomanofV on 07/07/09 at 4:08 pm

Have to wonder how many of them watch lesbian porn and such? 

I was thinking the same thing when I made my first post but decided not say anything about that.

Cat

Written By: Frank on 07/07/09 at 4:51 pm

What do you think about interracial relationships?  Do you think it's appropriate to ban them just because it makes some people cringe even though the couple is quite happy and stable?

Good point. Oh oh, someone better not say anything bad about that, coz I'm white & my wife's Chinese. We are VERY happy and stable. We still get weird looks tho, sometimes. Don't care, it's their problem.

Written By: Rice_Cube on 07/07/09 at 4:53 pm

Good point. Oh oh, someone better not say anything bad about that, coz I'm white & my wife's Chinese. We are VERY happy and stable. We still get weird looks tho, sometimes. Don't care, it's their problem.

FORBIDDEN MARRIAGE!!!!  :o :o

:D :D

Written By: Frank on 07/07/09 at 4:58 pm

FORBIDDEN MARRIAGE!!!!  :o :o

:D :D

I have now cut off a body part for my penalty

Written By: Rice_Cube on 07/07/09 at 5:04 pm

I have now cut off a body part for my penalty

That happens a lot to us too...I'm full-blood Chinese, Jess is half-and-half, and the boy is a mutt.  When we go to Chinatown we sometimes get stares, so I give them my crazy look and scream "FORBIDDEN CHILD!" 

Hey, it makes me laugh :D

Written By: Doc Brown on 07/07/09 at 5:05 pm

Why?  Because I asked if you were joking?  Because I called Sarah Palin a twat in the PM I sent yoU?  Because I'm not going to take your bullshyt insults?

Jessica, here's the original PM I sent you(verbatim save for one highlighted amendment) about Sarah Palin. You just point out where I was rude or vulgar, as opposed to the reply you sent me!

No Comedy Intended...
Because there's nothing funny about what's going on in Washington and across the country. There are far too many Maxwell Smarts and Jessicas out there playing at being responsible citizens by going to the booth on Election Day, but don't look at the issues at all and only vote for the sexiest or funniest candidate, instead of the most qualified! American Idol Obama has been twiddling his thumbs between photo opportunities for nearly six months now, aren't you getting tired of waiting for him to keep his campaign promises? Try holding your breath!

Fighting not to be pulled back into this,
Doc

Written By: Rice_Cube on 07/07/09 at 5:07 pm

Jessica, here's the original PM I sent you(verbatim save for one highlighted amendment) about Sarah Palin. You just point out where I was rude or vulgar, as opposed to the reply you sent me!

No Comedy Intended...
Because there's nothing funny about what's going on in Washington and across the country. There are far too many Maxwell Smarts and Jessicas out there playing at being responsible citizens by going to the booth on Election Day, but don't look at the issues at all and only vote for the sexiest or funniest candidate, instead of the most qualified! American Idol Obama has been twiddling his thumbs between photo opportunities for nearly six months now, aren't you getting tired of waiting for him to keep his campaign promises? Try holding your breath!

Doc

In this part, you insinuate that they don't know what they're doing when they go off to vote.  That seems kinda rude to me.

Written By: Doc Brown on 07/07/09 at 5:14 pm

In this part, you insinuate that they don't know what they're doing when they go off to vote.  That seems kinda rude to me.

Well Rice, It's always seemed to me that the people who get in-your-face with their points the most have thought about or checked what they're saying the least. That's been my experience anyway. And bear in mind, instead of an intelligent argument to my statement, all Jessica did was mock me.

Getting sick and tired of this non-issue,
Doc

:P

Written By: Rice_Cube on 07/07/09 at 5:15 pm

Well Rice, It's always seemed to me that the people who get in-your-face with their points the most have thought about or checked what they're saying the least. That's been my experience anyway. And bear in mind, instead of an intelligent argument to my statement, all Jessica did was mock me.

Getting sick and tired of this non-issue,
Doc

She did mock you, but also said that Sarah Palin isn't the godsend certain Republicans make her out to be.

Written By: Frank on 07/07/09 at 5:15 pm

That happens a lot to us too...I'm full-blood Chinese, Jess is half-and-half, and the boy is a mutt.  When we go to Chinatown we sometimes get stares, so I give them my crazy look and scream "FORBIDDEN CHILD!" 

Hey, it makes me laugh :D

Forbidden child. Must make sacrifice (just kidding) :D

Written By: Rice_Cube on 07/07/09 at 5:16 pm

Forbidden child. Must make sacrifice (just kidding) :D

Sacrificing the chicken feet dim sum to my stomach god.

Written By: Frank on 07/07/09 at 5:31 pm

Sacrificing the chicken feet dim sum to my stomach god.

Nice title for a Weird Al song.

Written By: Doc Brown on 07/07/09 at 5:40 pm

She did mock you, but also said that Sarah Palin isn't the godsend certain Republicans make her out to be.
By referring to her as a vulgar nickname for part of the female anatomy? To me, that is a sign of immaturity and the lazy person's form of expression. So do you think she sounded intelligent to me?

In all honesty,
Doc

???

Written By: Rice_Cube on 07/07/09 at 5:41 pm

By referring to her as a vulgar nickname for part of the female anatomy. To me, that is a sign of immaturity and the lazy person's form of expression. So should she have sounded intelligent to me?

In all honesty,
Doc

???

Not like you took the high road afterwards, but that's irrelevant now.

Written By: Jessica on 07/07/09 at 6:08 pm

No Comedy Intended...

Doc

And this is what I sent you, since we're putting it all out there:

What he wants to accomplish takes time. Furthermore, Palin was never a candidate for President, so your insinuations that she would do a better job are moot. Sarah Palin is a twat, she'll always be a twat, and I'll be happy as a pig in shyt if she just disappears off the face of the planet with her rotten family.

Oh yeah, as far as sexiest candidate....didn't Palin base most of her campaign with McCain as being a sexy MILF? Cause really, she couldn't speak worth a damn or make any valid points.

And from there, we can trace you acting like an ass in all threads and getting butthurt because I'm mocking you.

Written By: LyricBoy on 07/07/09 at 6:10 pm

Why restrict it to humans?

And why do we cling to the artificial one person/one spouse model in the US of A?

We need to shoot the lock off... Get rid of ALL the restrictions!

Written By: MaxwellSmart on 07/07/09 at 6:12 pm

By referring to her as a vulgar nickname for part of the female anatomy? To me, that is a sign of immaturity and the lazy person's form of expression. So do you think she sounded intelligent to me?

In all honesty,
Doc

???

Doc, maybe you need to take a break and chill for a while.  It's not worth getting all worked up here.

BTW, I know you like to continue arguments via PM, but please refrain. I don't need it.  Okay?

Written By: Jessica on 07/07/09 at 6:12 pm

And why do we cling to the artificial one person/one spouse model in the US of A?

Hey, if you want to marry Lara Spencer, be my guest.  I'm glad you like plastic in that way. :D

Written By: Jessica on 07/07/09 at 6:12 pm

Doc, maybe you need to take a break and chill for a while.  It's not worth getting all worked up here.

BTW, I know you like to continue arguments via PM, but please refrain. I don't need it.  Okay?

Jesus.  You too?

Written By: MaxwellSmart on 07/07/09 at 6:14 pm

"Oh my God! That bowling ball! It's my wife!"

--J. Geils

Written By: MaxwellSmart on 07/07/09 at 6:17 pm

Jesus.  You too?

Yes, Jessica.  Me too.

http://www.inthe00s.com/smile/08/saint.gif

Written By: Jessica on 07/07/09 at 6:27 pm

Yes, Jessica.  Me too.

http://www.inthe00s.com/smile/08/saint.gif

Oy vey.

Written By: Rice_Cube on 07/07/09 at 6:44 pm

*facepalm* ;D

Written By: statsqueen on 07/07/09 at 7:00 pm

I had missed this thread, but am now caught up.  There were some great and logical points made...and very eloquently.

As the mother of a biracial child, let me thank those of you who stood up for interracial relationships.

As the friend and cousin of gays, thank you for standing up for the rights they are still fighting for.  It breaks my heart that in 2009 and in such a "civilized" society, there are people who are actually told they can't get married or have legal rights.  :\'(

What keeps going through my mind is where is Doc living and watching that all of this is in his face all the time...on the streets, tv, magazines, etc.  I haven't seen or read any of it.  I also got perturbed every time he used the phrase "those people" or "you people".

It blows my mind how people can berate and dehumanize others for not conforming to their idea of what is right and moral under the guise of religion.  This is why I gave up organized religion.  I work with 2 very religious and proud Christians.  Good for them, but then they turn around and get all up in arms because someone is gay or of a different religion.  I always thought God wanted us to love one another, not judge them for being different.  There is so much hypocrisy in organized religion, it just makes me sick.  People talk about gays being immoral, but who decided that heterosexuality was "right."  People act like being gay is a choice.  Who would CHOOSE ostracism, ridicule, hatred, physical and verbal abuse, and being denied basic human dignities afforded heterosexuals?

I know I'm late to the party and while it sounds like I am trying to stir the pot back up, I really am NOT.  I mostly just wanted to vent my opinions so I could move on with my life.  I tend to need let things out or I obsess on them.  Thank you.

PS Jess, I luv ya!

Written By: Rice_Cube on 07/07/09 at 7:02 pm

I had missed this thread, but am now caught up.  There were some great and logical points made...and very eloquently.

As the mother of a biracial child, let me thank those of you who stood up for interracial relationships.

As the friend and cousin of gays, thank you for standing up for the rights they are still fighting for.  It breaks my heart that in 2009 and in such a "civilized" society, there are people who are actually told they can't get married or have legal rights.  :\'(

What keeps going through my mind is where is Doc living and watching that all of this is in his face all the time...on the streets, tv, magazines, etc.  I haven't seen or read any of it.  I also got perturbed every time he used the phrase "those people" or "you people".

It blows my mind how people can berate and dehumanize others for not conforming to their idea of what is right and moral under the guise of religion.  This is why I gave up organized religion.  I work with 2 very religious and proud Christians.  Good for them, but then they turn around and get all up in arms because someone is gay or of a different religion.  I always thought God wanted us to love one another, not judge them for being different.  There is so much hypocrisy in organized religion, it just makes me sick.  People talk about gays being immoral, but who decided that heterosexuality was "right."  People act like being gay is a choice.  Who would CHOOSE ostracism, ridicule, hatred, physical and verbal abuse, and being denied basic human dignities afforded heterosexuals?

I know I'm late to the party and while it sounds like I am trying to stir the pot back up, I really am NOT.  I mostly just wanted to vent my opinions so I could move on with my life.  I tend to need let things out or I obsess on them.  Thank you.

Change will come.  The Republican Party needs to adapt if they hope to survive into the middle of this Century.

PS Jess, I luv ya!

Don't do it, she's going to Hell!  :o  ;D

Written By: MaxwellSmart on 07/07/09 at 7:07 pm

I had missed this thread, but am now caught up.  There were some great and logical points made...and very eloquently.

As the friend and cousin of gays, thank you for standing up for the rights they are still fighting for.  It breaks my heart that in 2009 and in such a "civilized" society, there are people who are actually told they can't get married or have legal rights.  :\'(

What keeps going through my mind is where is Doc living and watching that all of this is in his face all the time...on the streets, tv, magazines, etc.  I haven't seen or read any of it.  I also got perturbed every time he used the phrase "those people" or "you people".

It blows my mind how people can berate and dehumanize others for not conforming to their idea of what is right and moral under the guise of religion.  This is why I gave up organized religion.  I work with 2 very religious and proud Christians.  Good for them, but then they turn around and get all up in arms because someone is gay or of a different religion.  I always thought God wanted us to love one another, not judge them for being different.  There is so much hypocrisy in organized religion, it just makes me sick.  People talk about gays being immoral, but who decided that heterosexuality was "right."  People act like being gay is a choice.  Who would CHOOSE ostracism, ridicule, hatred, physical and verbal abuse, and being denied basic human dignities afforded heterosexuals?

I know I'm late to the party and while it sounds like I am trying to stir the pot back up, I really am NOT.  I mostly just wanted to vent my opinions so I could move on with my life.  I tend to need let things out or I obsess on them.  Thank you.

PS Jess, I luv ya!

As William S. Burroughs used to say, the world would be a much better place if everybody learned to just mind his own business.
8)

Written By: Jessica on 07/07/09 at 7:15 pm

PS Jess, I luv ya!

Karma, applause, and love back atcha.

Don't do it, she's going to Hell!  :o  ;D

And I'm taking Doc with me!

Written By: snozberries on 07/07/09 at 7:23 pm

that has always been my argument... like if your god created man and some men are gay and you think being gay is totally effed up then aren't you saying god effed up?  ::)

Written By: snozberries on 07/07/09 at 7:25 pm

I honestly think that the thought of homosexuality stirs something deep within them that they absolutely cannot tolerate and so they feel they must supress it in others.  I don't care what anyone says, we have all at least wondered what it might be like to be with someone of the same sex.  Some people can't even admit it to themselves, let alone anyone else. 

I am proud to say that not only do I find women attractive, I have had the pleasure of a woman's company in the Biblical sense.  If I'm going to hell for it, it was totally worth it.

go ahead ash confess all your sins here we don't mind  ;)

Written By: MaxwellSmart on 07/07/09 at 7:32 pm

that has always been my argument... like if your god created man and some men are gay and you think being gay is totally effed up then aren't you saying god effed up?  ::)

If Big G was so hung up about homosexuality, why didn't it make the top 10 no-nos, along with lying, stealing, bearing false witness, and all that jazz?

I know, I know, that shalt not covet thy neighbor's ass...no, no, that refers to donkeys...

Of forget it, you guys are sick!

Written By: snozberries on 07/07/09 at 7:33 pm

Doc

because people want the same rights... Doc you keep talking like its only about sex... if it were just about sex there would be nothing to debate.

I don't know if you are but lets assume you are married and have kids. If your wife got in a serious accident right now you would have a say over her medical treatment. If she died you would get custody of the kids. No one would ever question it.

Same scenario for same sex couple: because they are not allowed to wed in the majority of states the partner  20 years has absolutely no say in the care/treatment. and if that partner dies the custody goes to the grand parents not the spousal equivilant... how is that fair.

You get certain tax breaks for being married. You can put your spouse on you benefits plan at work. Same sex couples do not get the same perks.

Written By: snozberries on 07/07/09 at 7:46 pm

All of it very well stated Aim but I want to thank you for this...

That was bugging me too... specifically the fact that it seems to be all over the tv.. who watches more TV than me? and really its still barely there... unless Doc is secretly watching those L word dvds or something ...  

BTW @ Reynolds and Cat...... those so called lesbian love scenes in mainstream and soft core pron don't count because those were constructed specifically for straight men... gay pron is structured a bit differently....  ah the benefits of an expensive film theory degree....  ;D

Written By: Rice_Cube on 07/07/09 at 7:51 pm

All of it very well stated Aim but I want to thank you for this...

That was bugging me too... specifically the fact that it seems to be all over the tv.. who watches more TV than me? and really its still barely there... unless Doc is secretly watching those L word dvds or something ... 

BTW @ Reynolds and Cat...... those so called lesbian love scenes in mainstream and soft core pron don't count because those were constructed specifically for straight men... gay pron is structured a bit differently....  ah the benefits of an expensive film theory degree....  ;D

Ooooh...research :D

Written By: LyricBoy on 07/07/09 at 8:11 pm

Hey, if you want to marry Lara Spencer, be my guest.  I'm glad you like plastic in that way. :D

Well, Lara would first have to get divorced or become a widow.

Once either of those conditions apply, watch out Lara, here comes LyricBoy!!!!  :-*

Written By: Rice_Cube on 07/07/09 at 8:11 pm

LyricBoy is noble 8)

Written By: Jessica on 07/07/09 at 9:17 pm

http://i123.photobucket.com/albums/o283/Nerdprincess1980/Funny/gaymower2.gif

Written By: Foo Bar on 07/07/09 at 11:18 pm

--J. Geils

No anchovies, please. 

(There are a lot of jokes in there about sausage, fish, pizza, what belongs on what, and what you wanna stuff your mouth with because it tastes so good.  I played it backwards and it said "it doesn't take a genius to tell the difference between chickens*bleep*t and chicken salad", so y'all are gonna hafta find an orientation-and-gender-suitable punchline for yourselves. :)

Written By: MaxwellSmart on 07/07/09 at 11:37 pm

No anchovies, please. 

(There are a lot of jokes in there about sausage, fish, pizza, what belongs on what, and what you wanna stuff your mouth with because it tastes so good.  I played it backwards and it said "it doesn't take a genius to tell the difference between chickens*bleep*t and chicken salad", so y'all are gonna hafta find an orientation-and-gender-suitable punchline for yourselves. :)

I dunno...I'm just happy there's somebody who still gets the reference!
:)

Written By: Foo Bar on 07/07/09 at 11:59 pm

I dunno...I'm just happy there's somebody who still gets the reference!
:)

Hey, what else was I gonna do with a reel-to-reel tape recorder in the early '80s other than play stuff backwards?

Written By: Ashkicksass on 07/08/09 at 10:34 am

The thing that kills me is when people say that gay people "choose" to be gay.

By that rationale, all straight people had to have "chosen" to be straight.  For all the straighties out there, I wanna know - when, exactly, did you CHOOSE to be attracted to the opposite sex? 

I've never chosen to be attracted to anyone.  Mostly...I've just seen someone and gone "Damn."  http://www.inthe00s.com/smile/05/hearts.gif

Written By: Gis on 07/08/09 at 11:11 am

Unfortunately, it is a very "Christian" thing to say :-\\
I've been avoiding this thread after what I got involved in the last time a thread turned to the question of homosexuality!

But I must step in and say will you guys please stop lumping all Christians together as rabid anti-gay racists.
I am a Christian and there are millions more in the world just like me. Who have no problems with gay marriage or PDAs or whatever. I actually get angry and fed up being labeled along with the sad narrow minded fanatical type of Christian you people seem to think are the only ones out there.

Actually I think you will find the anti gay stance is more Catholic than Christian..............   

Written By: MaxwellSmart on 07/08/09 at 11:20 am

The thing that kills me is when people say that gay people "choose" to be gay.

By that rationale, all straight people had to have "chosen" to be straight.  For all the straighties out there, I wanna know - when, exactly, did you CHOOSE to be attracted to the opposite sex? 

I've never chosen to be attracted to anyone.  Mostly...I've just seen someone and gone "Damn."   http://www.inthe00s.com/smile/05/hearts.gif

The dogma is heterosexuality is God's plan, anything else is willful deviation -- sin, in other words.

Written By: MaxwellSmart on 07/08/09 at 11:25 am

I've been avoiding this thread after what I got involved in the last time a thread turned to the question of homosexuality!

But I must step in and say will you guys please stop lumping all Christians together as rabid anti-gay racists.

I certainly do no such thing. 

I'm sorry the bigots who call themselves Christian have a monopoly on media coverage. 

Written By: Rice_Cube on 07/08/09 at 11:52 am

I am a Christian and there are millions more in the world just like me. Who have no problems with gay marriage or PDAs or whatever. I actually get angry and fed up being labeled along with the sad narrow minded fanatical type of Christian you people seem to think are the only ones out there.

Actually I think you will find the anti gay stance is more Catholic than Christian..............   

Didn't mean to offend :(

My point is that the so-called "religious leaders" in our country have drowned out the voices of the run-of-the-mill Christians (such as yourself) who just want to live and let live. 

Written By: CatwomanofV on 07/08/09 at 1:03 pm

--J. Geils

So the lesson we learn is the next time you place your order, don't forget to say...

No anchovies, please. 

Ok, I confess, I LOVE that stupid song (is it a song?).  :D :D ;D ;D ;D

Ok, back to the topic.

Cat

Written By: Ashkicksass on 07/08/09 at 2:16 pm

You're absolutely right Gis - most Christians are good, sane people.  I think we all know that.  It seems like the radicals on BOTH sides seem to yell the loudest.  And a lot of times, here in America, that means ultra right-wing Christians, who certainly aren't a representation of all Christians.  It isn't fair to lump everyone into the same group.     

Written By: Jessica on 07/08/09 at 2:27 pm

I don't think Rice meant any offense, actually.  It was more of a dig at Doc Brown because he was being...ummmm....less than Christian.

However, you do raise valid points.  Sometimes the US people forget that there are sane believers out there because we've been exposed for far too long to the mutants who call themselves Christians, yet hate everything that is different from them.

Written By: CatwomanofV on 07/08/09 at 4:21 pm

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=G38GRbkOfJI

Cat

Written By: Reynolds1863 on 07/08/09 at 4:32 pm

PA state senator Daylin Leach introduced the same-sex marriage bill today at the state capitol.  Yes, I was there.  Yes, it was awesome!!!! 8)

Written By: La Roche on 07/08/09 at 6:07 pm

For all the straighties out there, I wanna know - when, exactly, did you CHOOSE to be attracted to the opposite sex? 

When tits became apparent.

Written By: Frank on 07/08/09 at 6:13 pm

;D

Written By: LyricBoy on 07/08/09 at 6:56 pm

Actually I think you will find far more news stories about the Lutherans, Episcopalians, and Presbys duking it out in church leadership meetings regarding gayness than you will the Catholic church.

Written By: Foo Bar on 07/08/09 at 11:24 pm

http://www1.istockphoto.com/file_thumbview_approve/2553987/2/istockphoto_2553987_great_tits.jpg

Anonymous delivers.

Written By: Jessica on 07/08/09 at 11:28 pm

http://www1.istockphoto.com/file_thumbview_approve/2553987/2/istockphoto_2553987_great_tits.jpg

Anonymous delivers.

http://www.inthe00s.com/smile/14/sign10.gif

Written By: Foo Bar on 07/08/09 at 11:33 pm

http://www.inthe00s.com/smile/14/sign10.gif

http://pix.motivatedphotos.com/2008/6/20/633495171199936172-boobies.jpg

(There's a joke in here about me going for the low-hanging fruit, but I don't roll that way :)

Written By: snozberries on 07/08/09 at 11:57 pm

for the record. whenever I mention anything religious I'm only addressing the zealots who are so loud and overbearing its hard to ignore them.... I know I generalize sometimes but I do know the difference between a person who has faith and one who "bleeds" it or something... Its been a long day- what I'm trying to say is if you've never shouted to someone that they need to be saved or never made the correlation between ones opinions and whether they will end up  in heaven or hell then I'm not talking about you.  ;)

Written By: snozberries on 07/08/09 at 11:57 pm

PA state senator Daylin Leach introduced the same-sex marriage bill today at the state capitol.  Yes, I was there.  Yes, it was awesome!!!! 8)

excellent!

Written By: Gis on 07/09/09 at 7:55 am

Didn't mean to offend :(

My point is that the so-called "religious leaders" in our country have drowned out the voices of the run-of-the-mill Christians (such as yourself) who just want to live and let live. 
I wasn't pointing the finger at you mate, it was just a good quote to use for what I wanted to say. I was also in rant mode yesterday....... calm has now been restored  ;D

I imagine the more radical wouldn't call me a Christian either, I'll be right next to Ash, you and Jessica in the queue for hell in their opinion.  ;D

Written By: Reynolds1863 on 07/09/09 at 8:43 am

http://pix.motivatedphotos.com/2008/6/20/633495171199936172-boobies.jpg

(There's a joke in here about me going for the low-hanging fruit, but I don't roll that way :)

*giggle snort* ;D

Written By: Jessica on 07/09/09 at 10:03 am

I wasn't pointing the finger at you mate, it was just a good quote to use for what I wanted to say. I was also in rant mode yesterday....... calm has now been restored  ;D

I imagine the more radical wouldn't call me a Christian either, I'll be right next to Ash, you and Jessica in the queue for hell in their opinion.  ;D

I think I'm driving the bus. :D

Written By: Ashkicksass on 07/09/09 at 11:01 am

Hell will be awesome then!

Written By: La Roche on 07/09/09 at 11:22 am

Anonymous delivers.

Stop it.

Children could see.

Written By: snozberries on 07/11/09 at 6:29 am

but Rice isn't going to hell.. he's a good republic who will bask in the glories of heaven while you, me, ash and jess sun bathe in the flames of hell  ;D ;D

Written By: SemperYoda on 07/11/09 at 9:14 am

but Rice isn't going to hell.. he's a good republic who will bask in the glories of heaven while you, me, ash and jess sun bathe in the flames of hell  ;D ;D

I thought I was going to be the bus driver to hell, but being a passenger sounds better.  I would meet you all in Hell, but since I don't believe in that, I guess you will all have to miss out on my company. 

I have posted my feelings on gay marriage before, but I figured I would bore you all once more.  For those who think they are searching for extra rights than straight couples, I think you are highly misinformed and blinded by your hatred and ignorance. 

There is a question I have had about Christianity all along.  The Old Testament is where it even mentions anything about homosexuality.  It also has plenty of rape, incest, murder, etc etc.  Correct me if I am wrong as I have never read the Bible, but would actually like to read the Bible to have better arguments.  Anyway, Jews and Muslims do not believe in the New Testament.  Their religions are basically the Old Testament, just one a bit different than the other.  The New Testament is all about Jesus, whom God sent down as a last chance to change humans and as love for his creation.  Jesus is love.  Jesus is there to forget about that which happened in the Old Testament.  I haven't heard anywhere in the New Testament that is against homosexuals.  So, why if the New Testament is what Christians should be following, that they support the Old Testament more?  They are completely different.  One trumps the other in my opinion.  You can read and understand the Old Testament, but you follow the New under Jesus.  Do Christians really understand what Jesus taught or what he was about.  No, because they are God fearing.  Jesus is an Icon.  Jesus is my buddy.  I am down with Jesus.  Slogans are good an dandy, but it has to come with a whole hearted understanding of what Jesus wanted.  Humans then become the ultimate judgers and try to play the role of God.  So they can make laws based on their moral compass, and to heck with everyone else.  To say such is bashing your religion.  No, I am just taking an honest outside look at it, and see how ultimately screwed up it can be.

We are in the 21st century.  There is nothing wrong with equal rights for all.  Is equal rights the same as extra?  I don't know but when I took math, equal meant they are same.  The same type of arguments go into evolution.  If they took a little bit of time to understand the premise, then they wouldn't look so stupid when they say "We didn't come from monkeys."  Instead of trying to understand something, people automatically assume without taking a second to look at what it all really means.  What will 2 men or 2 women do to your marriage?  What will it do to the country?  Absolutely nothing, and you all know it.  That is what makes me so darned mad.  Dismiss the sexual acts.  This is not what it is about.  If you can look outside the bedroom, which I know it is hard, but try it, then you can see that there is more to life than just sex.  We are social creatures who love.  If gays want to get married, then there is no reason they shouldn't. 

The problem with these types of posts, where religion, abortion, gays come into play, in brings out a lot of rage on both sides of the issue.  On this board I would sugges if someone's post gets removed, others should as well.  Directly attacking someone else specifically is not beneficial to anyone.  It makes it that much harder for anyone to see your point of view, which is not in the best interests of a forum.  I guess I am stupid for pointing out the obvious, and I know I don't post that often, but I did notice that people on both sides of the issue were attacking in this one.  Just something to think about I guess.   

Written By: MaxwellSmart on 07/11/09 at 9:58 pm

All your homosexuals are belong to us!

Ohhh, that's sooo 2001!  Sorry.
;)

Check for new replies or respond here...