» OLD MESSAGE ARCHIVES «
The Pop Culture Information Society...
Messageboard Archive Index, In The 00s - The Pop Culture Information Society

Welcome to the archived messages from In The 00s. This archive stretches back to 1998 in some instances, and contains a nearly complete record of all the messages posted to inthe00s.com. You will also find an archive of the messages from inthe70s.com, inthe80s.com, inthe90s.com and amiright.com before they were combined to form the inthe00s.com messageboard.

If you are looking for the active messages, please click here. Otherwise, use the links below or on the right hand side of the page to navigate the archives.

Custom Search

Subject: Cemetery workers made $300K in gravedigging scheme...

Written By: LyricBoy on 07/10/09 at 3:24 pm

See below link regarding a heinous crime.

http://news.yahoo.com/s/ap/20090710/ap_on_re_us/us_cemetery_desecration;_ylt=AqQSEhFuEczxkwF6.vdDV4knHL8C;_ylu=X3oDMTM3bGE1ODFwBGFzc2V0Ay9hcC8yMDA5MDcxMC9hcF9vbl9yZV91cy91c19jZW1ldGVyeV9kZXNlY3JhdGlvbgRjcG9zAzUEcG9zAzUEc2VjA3luX3RvcF9zdG9yaWVzBHNsawNjZW1ldGVyeXdvcms-

Now here is my question... Why do the newspapers have to make note that the cemetary mainly was the burial ground of blacks and that all of the suspects are black?  Even Jesse Jackson is getting in on the action.

It appears that this was a rogue operation by the workers at the cemetary; the cops were tipped off by the cemetary's owner who started to see som sort of financial improprieties.

Does the color of any of the players' skins make this crime any more (or less) heinous? ???

What say you? ???

Subject: Re: Cemetery workers made $300K in gravedigging scheme...

Written By: Tia on 07/10/09 at 3:28 pm

it seems like an interesting oct and worth noting but I'm not sure wiat conclusion ho draw grom it.

Written By: Reynolds1863 on 07/10/09 at 4:37 pm

See below link regarding a heinous crime.

http://news.yahoo.com/s/ap/20090710/ap_on_re_us/us_cemetery_desecration;_ylt=AqQSEhFuEczxkwF6.vdDV4knHL8C;_ylu=X3oDMTM3bGE1ODFwBGFzc2V0Ay9hcC8yMDA5MDcxMC9hcF9vbl9yZV91cy91c19jZW1ldGVyeV9kZXNlY3JhdGlvbgRjcG9zAzUEcG9zAzUEc2VjA3luX3RvcF9zdG9yaWVzBHNsawNjZW1ldGVyeXdvcms-

Now here is my question... Why do the newspapers have to make note that the cemetary mainly was the burial ground of blacks and that all of the suspects are black?  Even Jesse Jackson is getting in on the action.

It appears that this was a rogue operation by the workers at the cemetary; the cops were tipped off by the cemetary's owner who started to see som sort of financial improprieties.

Does the color of any of the players' skins make this crime any more (or less) heinous? ???

What say you? ???

Because it is a symbol of African-American culture.  The cemetery is basically for African-Americans.  We have one like that in Lancaster PA, Thaddeus Stevens is buried there because it was that kind of cemetery.  The fact that the perpetrators were black would be a disgrace in the communities eyes.

Written By: Jessica on 07/10/09 at 5:53 pm

What say you? ???

Because Yahoo news is stupid.  They're the only ones who have brought up the race of the wrongdoers.  None of the other news stories I've read about it have any mention of their race, although the Tribune had their mugshots.

Reynolds answered your other question.  It is an African American cemetery.  They're just stating a fact on that one.

Written By: MaxwellSmart on 07/10/09 at 5:54 pm

Everybody's old bones are the same color in the end.  

Anyway, what amazes me is how long they got away with this kind of skulduggery!
http://www.inthe00s.com/smile/09/skull.gif

It reminds me of the case of the crematorium operator in Georgia who was taking the fee for services and just dumping the decedents in the swamp!  This went on for a few years and I'm glad I wasn't the one who had to clean up the mess.
8-P

Written By: Foo Bar on 07/10/09 at 10:53 pm

Anyway, what amazes me is how long they got away with this kind of skulduggery!
http://www.inthe00s.com/smile/09/skull.gif

http://pw0nd.com/wp-content/uploads/2008/12/what-you-did-there-i-see-it.jpg

Written By: MaxwellSmart on 07/11/09 at 1:32 am

http://pw0nd.com/wp-content/uploads/2008/12/what-you-did-there-i-see-it.jpg

Yeah, that was pretty bad!
:P

Written By: LyricBoy on 07/11/09 at 10:40 am

Maybe it is my imagination, but this sort of "grave robbing" thing has been happening more frequently than I recall in the past.  Maybe it is just availability of off news stories on the web.

Here are two other fairly recent (last couple of years) each which involved HUNDREDS of corpses either never buried, or pulled out of the ground and creamated so the lots could be resold.

http://www.post-gazette.com/pg/08267/914334-55.stm

http://www.cbsnews.com/stories/2002/02/26/national/main502123.shtml

Maybe I should do like Elvis and get encased in cement whenever I get planted.   :-\\  ;D

Written By: Jessica on 07/11/09 at 11:21 am

They said that the baby part of that cemetery was disturbed as well.

http://www.cnn.com/2009/CRIME/07/10/illinois.cemetery/index.html

I just can't wrap my head around the fact that people do this shyt.  It's so vile.  Okay, yeah, it's just a place to put a body, but that was someone's loved one.  Can you imagine going to visit their burial place and seeing that it had been dug up, that someone else was planted there?

Written By: Reynolds1863 on 07/11/09 at 11:30 am

They said that the baby part of that cemetery was disturbed as well.

http://www.cnn.com/2009/CRIME/07/10/illinois.cemetery/index.html

I just can't wrap my head around the fact that people do this shyt.  It's so vile.  Okay, yeah, it's just a place to put a body, but that was someone's loved one.  Can you imagine going to visit their burial place and seeing that it had been dug up, that someone else was planted there?

Because some people are pathetic greedy bastards who don't care about other people (living or dead).  The fact that they were so sloppy got me.  Leaving bones scattered out in the open was uncalled for.  Any decent person greedy or not would have seen if the crematory on site worked well not just dumped them.  The fact that they went after kid's graves got me too.  Truly callous.

Written By: LyricBoy on 07/11/09 at 11:49 am

Because some people are pathetic greedy bastards who don't care about other people (living or dead).  The fact that they were so sloppy got me.  Leaving bones scattered out in the open was uncalled for.  Any decent person greedy or not would have seen if the crematory on site worked well not just dumped them.  The fact that they went after kid's graves got me too.  Truly callous.

Once we have people who are pulling corpses out of the ground, I think the concept of what a "decent person" would do is irrelevant.

Written By: Reynolds1863 on 07/11/09 at 3:18 pm

Once we have people who are pulling corpses out of the ground, I think the concept of what a "decent person" would do is irrelevant.

Okay so it was a stretch.  Back in the the 18th and 19th centuries people used to dig up fresh graves and sell them to colleges for cash.  These people are down right nasty. 8-P

Written By: Claybricks on 07/11/09 at 5:30 pm

It's interesting to note how a new grave is considered sacred, however, it's ok for archaeologists to dig up people that died hundreds or thousands of years ago.

Dan

Written By: Reynolds1863 on 07/11/09 at 5:32 pm

It's interesting to note how a new grave is considered sacred, however, it's ok for archaeologists to dig up people that died hundreds or thousands of years ago.

Dan

There is emotional attachment to newer graves, it has to deal with family and sometimes the community in general.

Written By: coqueta83 on 07/11/09 at 7:07 pm

I saw that story on the national news yesterday.  I'm still sickened and disgusted by it.  My heart goes out to all the families affected by this horrible crime.  :\'(

Written By: MaxwellSmart on 07/11/09 at 9:49 pm

Okay so it was a stretch.  Back in the the 18th and 19th centuries people used to dig up fresh graves and sell them to colleges for cash.  These people are down right nasty. 8-P

It's still a thriving business in parts of South America.  It think it was in Columbia where they were having problems with homicide in lieu of corpse-digging for the med schools!

Dan

Ever heard of "Curse of the Mummy"?

:o :o :o

Check for new replies or respond here...