» OLD MESSAGE ARCHIVES «
The Pop Culture Information Society...
Messageboard Archive Index, In The 00s - The Pop Culture Information Society

Welcome to the archived messages from In The 00s. This archive stretches back to 1998 in some instances, and contains a nearly complete record of all the messages posted to inthe00s.com. You will also find an archive of the messages from inthe70s.com, inthe80s.com, inthe90s.com and amiright.com before they were combined to form the inthe00s.com messageboard.

If you are looking for the active messages, please click here. Otherwise, use the links below or on the right hand side of the page to navigate the archives.

Custom Search

Subject: Obama booed at baseball game.

Written By: JamieMcBain on 07/16/09 at 9:11 pm

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bFwXIjtQsxg

Does this mean that the Obama love fest is over?

Subject: Re: Obama booed at baseball game.

Written By: Rice_Cube on 07/16/09 at 9:19 pm

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bFwXIjtQsxg

Does this mean that the Obama love fest is over?

No, it means that there are a lot of Cardinals fans who don't like the White Sox or anything Chicago ;)

Plus it's in Missouri, what'd you expect?

Written By: Jessica on 07/16/09 at 9:26 pm

No, it means that there are a lot of Cardinals fans who don't like the White Sox or anything Chicago ;)

Plus it's in Missouri, what'd you expect?

I think Davey might have a few choice words for you. ;D

Written By: Rice_Cube on 07/16/09 at 9:34 pm

Davey lives on the Illinois side, I think he's safe :D

Written By: JamieMcBain on 07/16/09 at 9:35 pm

So are they booing Obama, or the fact he is from Chicago?

Written By: Rice_Cube on 07/16/09 at 9:37 pm

So are they booing Obama, or the fact he is from Chicago?

Probably both.  Missouri went to McCain by like a thousand votes, although a lot of people in the St Louis area voted heavily Obama.

Written By: La Roche on 07/16/09 at 9:51 pm

Davey lives on the Illinois side, I think he's safe :D

Not anymore.

It's Missouri anyway dude. Over 90% of people in St. Clair and Madison county work in St. Louis.

The city of St. Louis is super Obama, we even have 'Barack Obama Avenue' which is a crock of B.S. At least they only changed part of Delmar instead of changing the name of the Parkway.

The facts of the matter go as follows:

1) It's an old city with poor infrastructure. Just having the all star game was tough, never mind the fact that 40 & 70 had to close for 2 hours before and after the game to accommodate his motorcade.

2) It held up people getting in to the game, do you know how much all star tickets cost?

3) People from all over the country come to the all star game, every hotel within 50 miles was pretty well booked up. I was working with some of the guys from Local 58 in Toronto and they had a hell of a time finding a place to stay and they were working on the all star game!

4) The original plan was for the all star game to honor Stan Musial who is pretty much seen as the next best thing to Jesus H. Christ around here. By announcing that he was going to attend just 2 weeks before the game and then usurping what a lot of us felt was Stan's moment in the national spotlight, Mr. Obama didn't earn himself any favor here in St. Louis. (Musial of course was as gracious as always.)

5) I realize that in the hearts of leftists nationwide, Obama can still do no wrong, but a lot of people are already sick and tired of his spend and spend approach to government. The most recent public opinion polls demonstrate that his level of approval is steadily decreasing.

6) He didn't help matters by throwing out the worst pitch in an all star game since Randy Johnson's all star bean job.

*Nobody cares about the White Sox here, the AL in general is seen as a sort of tired joke.

Written By: Rice_Cube on 07/16/09 at 9:57 pm

^ Duly noted.  Too bad the AL won :(

Written By: La Roche on 07/16/09 at 10:26 pm

^ Duly noted.  Too bad the AL won :(

Too bad it actually has an impact.

The all star game has always been a farce, it just so happens that we have a farce of a commissioner now.

Judge Landis wouldn't have stood for it.

Written By: Rice_Cube on 07/16/09 at 10:38 pm

Too bad it actually has an impact.

The all star game has always been a farce, it just so happens that we have a farce of a commissioner now.

Judge Landis wouldn't have stood for it.

I do like the big stakes, I just wish the NL would care more.

Written By: La Roche on 07/16/09 at 11:12 pm

I do like the big stakes, I just wish the NL would care more.

It's nonsense.

Best record gets advantage.

Nonsense, just like the wild card.

Written By: LyricBoy on 07/17/09 at 2:39 am

Not anymore.

It's Missouri anyway dude. Over 90% of people in St. Clair and Madison county work in St. Louis.

The city of St. Louis is super Obama, we even have 'Barack Obama Avenue' which is a crock of B.S. At least they only changed part of Delmar instead of changing the name of the Parkway.

The facts of the matter go as follows:

1) It's an old city with poor infrastructure. Just having the all star game was tough, never mind the fact that 40 & 70 had to close for 2 hours before and after the game to accommodate his motorcade.

2) It held up people getting in to the game, do you know how much all star tickets cost?

3) People from all over the country come to the all star game, every hotel within 50 miles was pretty well booked up. I was working with some of the guys from Local 58 in Toronto and they had a hell of a time finding a place to stay and they were working on the all star game!

4) The original plan was for the all star game to honor Stan Musial who is pretty much seen as the next best thing to Jesus H. Christ around here. By announcing that he was going to attend just 2 weeks before the game and then usurping what a lot of us felt was Stan's moment in the national spotlight, Mr. Obama didn't earn himself any favor here in St. Louis. (Musial of course was as gracious as always.)

5) I realize that in the hearts of leftists nationwide, Obama can still do no wrong, but a lot of people are already sick and tired of his spend and spend approach to government. The most recent public opinion polls demonstrate that his level of approval is steadily decreasing.

6) He didn't help matters by throwing out the worst pitch in an all star game since Randy Johnson's all star bean job.

*Nobody cares about the White Sox here, the AL in general is seen as a sort of tired joke.

Hey there Davey.

Back in the day I used to visit Granite City regularly.

Nothing like a nice slice of blackberry pie from Jerry's Cafeteria...  :P

Written By: La Roche on 07/17/09 at 9:16 am

Hey there Davey.

Back in the day I used to visit Granite City regularly.

Nothing like a nice slice of blackberry pie from Jerry's Cafeteria...   :P

Granite City, home of the second worst air quality in the country.  ;D

Written By: danootaandme on 07/21/09 at 4:16 pm

I don't know.  When you listen the boos pop up then recede, almost as if they were being enhanced. Considering that the youtube sight seems geared toward "Obama Booed" videos, I think maybe someone was playing fast and lose with electronic simulation.

Check for new replies or respond here...