» OLD MESSAGE ARCHIVES «
The Pop Culture Information Society...
Messageboard Archive Index, In The 00s - The Pop Culture Information Society

Welcome to the archived messages from In The 00s. This archive stretches back to 1998 in some instances, and contains a nearly complete record of all the messages posted to inthe00s.com. You will also find an archive of the messages from inthe70s.com, inthe80s.com, inthe90s.com and amiright.com before they were combined to form the inthe00s.com messageboard.

If you are looking for the active messages, please click here. Otherwise, use the links below or on the right hand side of the page to navigate the archives.

Custom Search

Subject: TONY ALAMO RELIGIOUS NO-NO'S?

Written By: saver on 07/18/09 at 10:13 pm

OK, FROM THE TOP FOR THOSE WHO WANT THE POOP:

SUBJECT- Tony Alamo...(Evangelist? Cult Leader?)
TOPIC:  ACCUSED OF MARRYING 8 YR. OLD AMONG OTHER TEENS ETC..

SOURCE: YAHOO NEWS..ENTER AND FIND THE WHOLE STORY YOURSELF....

My topic: YES, we have laws that make it illegal to do such a thing in this country.
              So, how does he get away with it to begin with?  Would it be like a marriage perfromed within his religious group/church?

I mean, to do it properly a wedding license is needed right? WHO ISSUED IT AND COULD THEY BE CHARGED?
              If it was issued by his own commune, how do we dig up other nut groups to put a stop to anything the try to 'preach' without it being classed as invasion of privacy by the government. The U.S. MUST have some list of these types to watch for?

That's all I'm asking....chat- 

Subject: Re: TONY ALAMO RELIGIOUS NO-NO'S?

Written By: Macphisto on 07/19/09 at 2:06 am

I could be wrong here, but I think the context of this is that his church married him to the 8 year old, but that this wasn't a legally recognized marriage.

I'm pretty sure the local County Clerk would probably take note of the bride's paperwork showing that she's only 8.

Written By: Reynolds1863 on 07/19/09 at 11:48 am

I could be wrong here, but I think the context of this is that his church married him to the 8 year old, but that this wasn't a legally recognized marriage.

I'm pretty sure the local County Clerk would probably take note of the bride's paperwork showing that she's only 8.

Nope they're not legal marriages.  Remember Alamo was scare to death of the Government because of the crap he was doing.  What he's being charged with has nothing to do with marriage, he charged with sexually and emotional abusing these young girls.

Written By: LyricBoy on 07/20/09 at 5:34 pm

I agree with Macphisto.  These "marreiages" are not legally recognized, I would doubt that there is any paperwork whatsoever.  And if there is, the birth dates obviously would have been falsified.

What kind of sicko would want to party with an 8-year-old?  That guy should be locked up for life.  >:(

Written By: MaxwellSmart on 07/20/09 at 8:18 pm

I remember them, from the seventies, right?

Tony Alamo and Dawn
8)

Written By: LyricBoy on 07/20/09 at 8:19 pm

I remember them, from the seventies, right?

Tony Alamo and Dawn
8)

Remember the Alamo!

Check for new replies or respond here...