» OLD MESSAGE ARCHIVES «
The Pop Culture Information Society...
Messageboard Archive Index, In The 00s - The Pop Culture Information Society

Welcome to the archived messages from In The 00s. This archive stretches back to 1998 in some instances, and contains a nearly complete record of all the messages posted to inthe00s.com. You will also find an archive of the messages from inthe70s.com, inthe80s.com, inthe90s.com and amiright.com before they were combined to form the inthe00s.com messageboard.

If you are looking for the active messages, please click here. Otherwise, use the links below or on the right hand side of the page to navigate the archives.

Custom Search

Subject: World Nut Dailey claims to have found Kenyan Obama birth certificate

Written By: Ryan112390 on 08/03/09 at 2:05 am

http://www.wnd.com/index.php?fa=PAGE.view&pageId=105764

these birthers are nuts.

Subject: Re: World Nut Dailey claims to have found Kenyan Obama birth certificate

Written By: Foo Bar on 08/03/09 at 2:39 am

And not just this one.

http://i18.photobucket.com/albums/b145/fpitas/ObamaBirth.gif

But this one:

http://img43.imageshack.us/img43/795/kenyandocumentbottom.jpg

...which is pretty funny (was Kenya even a "Republic" in 1964, or was it still a colony?), because the real thing looks more like this:

http://img188.imageshack.us/img188/9719/1019889.jpg

I'm not going to speak one way or another on the authenticity of this:

http://img188.imageshack.us/img188/1292/obamanewspapersm.jpg

...because the bottom line is that the birthers can't even read the fine print just inside the border of this, which is the only document that matters:

http://www.swamppolitics.com/news/politics/blog/2008/10/24/Obama%20birth%20certificate.jpg

Birthers are to Republicans what Truthers are to Democrats.  If the birthers didn't exist, it would be necessary for the Jackass wing of the Party to invent them.  (By dignifying the birther allegations with even a semi-serious response, I admit that I have - after weeks of ignoring the (non-)issue - been trolled, and I have lost.  Hey, sometimes ya gotta take one for the team.  This morning it's my turn.)

This sort of random Photoshoppery worked with Dan Rather and the forged memos in the 2004 campaign, because the memos were obviously (and poorly) forged.  It can't be manufactured out of thin air like the birthers are trying to do, because many eyes make all bugs shallow.  The crowdsourcing of commentary means that there are always many eyes on every issue.  Anonymous is not only legion, but is nonpartisan.

Subject: Re: World Nut Dailey claims to have found Kenyan Obama birth certificate

Written By: Don Carlos on 08/03/09 at 10:43 am

Its a stupid distraction aimed at slowing down Obama's initiatives.

Written By: MaxwellSmart on 08/03/09 at 12:36 pm

http://mediamatters.org/blog/200908030001

"Truthers" and "Birthers" aren't analogous.  The events of 9/11 comprise a myriad of phenomena and speculations.  I'm not taking a stand on 9/11 issues here, I'm just saying 9/11 is a whole lot more complex than just the single question of whether BHO was born in the state of Hawaii in 1961.  Proof demonstrates he was.  Orly Taitz and her band of idiots do serve a purpose to the Right: They are the keepers of the meme that says Obama is not one of us.  All but a few strands of lunatic fringe might categorically deny Orly Taitz's bogus evidence while the notion still ripples through our collective consciousness.

::)

Written By: Reynolds1863 on 08/03/09 at 5:18 pm

I question the whole "Christian name" thing.  Kenya is only 38% Christian and it is not the National religion.  Even in the U.S. they don't use "Christian name".  Looks like it was done by someone who doesn't like the fact that Obama's Father was Muslim.

Written By: CatwomanofV on 08/03/09 at 5:33 pm

I question the whole "Christian name" thing.  Kenya is only 38% Christian and it is not the National religion.  Even in the U.S. they don't use "Christian name".  Looks like it was done by someone who doesn't like the fact that Obama's Father was Muslim.

Or who doesn't like that fact that Barack AND his father are black.  ::)

Cat

Written By: JamieMcBain on 08/03/09 at 7:03 pm

Agreed, anyone can make a fake birth certicate.

And anyone can make a President, seem like a black, non American, Muslim, terrorist buddier, who hates Whites and White culture.

Welcome, to the new America, where unless you are White, Republician, God fearing, Catholic, Bud drinking, gun totting, male.....

it does matter if you are the President or the President or not.

Unless, you are a White, Republician, God fearing, Catholic, Bud drining, gun totting, male.

This is who the President is.....

http://hotlineblog.nationaljournal.com/Barack%20Obama%20Capitol.jpg

This is who "they", the birthers, the Republician, and Deathers really wanted.

http://hsaguy.files.wordpress.com/2008/05/mcain3.jpg

or her.....

http://scavenging.files.wordpress.com/2009/02/sarah-palin.jpg

God help us all, we are gonna need it.

>:(    ::)

Written By: MaxwellSmart on 08/03/09 at 7:11 pm

If Barack's a Muslim, what was he doing with that beer in his hand?

http://www.inthe00s.com/smile/02/beerchug.gif

Written By: JamieMcBain on 08/03/09 at 7:53 pm

Good point!

;D

Written By: CatwomanofV on 08/04/09 at 10:26 am

If Barack's a Muslim, what was he doing with that beer in his hand?

http://www.inthe00s.com/smile/02/beerchug.gif

It really cracks me up with all those people crying he is a Muslim yet they were jumping all over him because he attended Church with Rev. Wright. HUH??  ??? ??? 

And even if he was Muslim-so what? In this country we have a thing called freedom of religion. People can read all about that in the First Amendment in a document called the Constitution. (This is not directed at you personally, Max. I know you know that.) 

Cat

Written By: MaxwellSmart on 08/04/09 at 12:08 pm

It really cracks me up with all those people crying he is a Muslim yet they were jumping all over him because he attended Church with Rev. Wright. HUH??  ??? ??? 

And even if he was Muslim-so what? In this country we have a thing called freedom of religion. People can read all about that in the First Amendment in a document called the Constitution. (This is not directed at you personally, Max. I know you know that.)   

Cat

Well, some of those people were saying Rev. Wright was a secret Muslim.  It's just like Orly Taitz shows us, if you're bound and determined to believe something, you'll find a way to believe it!  My crazy uncle used to REALLY believe the mafia was out to kidnap and torture him.  I felt pretty bad for the guy walking around with that terrifying delusion, so I tried to talk him out of it.  I did convince him that the mafia does stuff for quick financial gain and they have no interest in a weird little dude in his fifties who writes about the nature of the universe in little notebooks -- no financial gain to be had there.  Then Paul announced the mafia might do it just the same for their own amusement...
http://www.inthe00s.com/smile/10/vogel.gif

Written By: CatwomanofV on 08/04/09 at 12:52 pm

All of this can be filed under, "If you tell a big enough lie, people will believe it."

Cat

Written By: Tia on 08/04/09 at 1:43 pm

http://mediamatters.org/blog/200908030001

"Truthers" and "Birthers" aren't analogous.  The events of 9/11 comprise a myriad of phenomena and speculations.  I'm not taking a stand on 9/11 issues here, I'm just saying 9/11 is a whole lot more complex than just the single question of whether BHO was born in the state of Hawaii in 1961.  Proof demonstrates he was.  Orly Taitz and her band of idiots do serve a purpose to the Right: They are the keepers of the meme that says Obama is not one of us.  All but a few strands of lunatic fringe might categorically deny Orly Taitz's bogus evidence while the notion still ripples through our collective consciousness.

totally. i also don't think the truther thing is liberal or democrat. a lot of militia types and conservative anti-semites are truthers. and yeah, with 9/11 that IS a complicated incident and there are a hell of a lot of legitimate questions to be raised about it, only -- luckily for the mainstream story -- a bunch of these alex jones guys are running around being obnixious and yammering about controlled demolition and so forth and are de-legitimizing the issue.

Written By: JamieMcBain on 08/04/09 at 1:52 pm

All of this can be filed under, "If you tell a big enough lie, people will believe it."

Cat

"You can fool most of the people most of the time."

Written By: MaxwellSmart on 08/04/09 at 2:28 pm

totally. i also don't think the truther thing is liberal or democrat. a lot of militia types and conservative anti-semites are truthers. and yeah, with 9/11 that IS a complicated incident and there are a hell of a lot of legitimate questions to be raised about it, only -- luckily for the mainstream story -- a bunch of these alex jones guys are running around being obnixious and yammering about controlled demolition and so forth and are de-legitimizing the issue.

The funny thing about 9/11 is that as the years pass, I see fewer and fewer leftists talking inside job.  That's gotten to be more the province of the Dale Gribble wing of the paranoid Right.  Noam Chomsky is the patron saint of the "America can do no right" Left, and he categorically denies any kind of inside job.  So does Naomi Klein.  So does Morris Berman.  What they do say--which the mainstream of our discourse hates even more--is America shoved its will on other countries for a hundred years, so is it any surprise somebody shoved back?  Furthermore, the powers that be took advantage of the 9/11 attacks to further their own fascistic ends.  Klein calls it "Shock Doctrine," Chomsky calls it business as usual.  Five years ago, I certainly found the conspiracy theories of 9/11 more compelling than I do now.  Today it seems, regardless of the "truth," all of which we may never know, that 9/11 was indeed fallout from America's aggressive foreign policy.  As a people, we got used to being sheltered from the wrath our aggression incurred.  9/11 shattered that buffer zone.  That was my initial opinion in the days following the attacks and prior to absorbing all the conspiracy theories.  I'm not Ward Churchill.  I don't say the people in the Towers or the Pentagon deserved to die.  It was horrible and scary for us all, especially the first week after.  Looking at it dispassionately, however, I see it as cause-and-effect.  And that's how political revenge too often plays out.  Innocent people pay with their lives for the bloodsport of the power brokers and the power brokers stay cocooned in their fortresses.
>:(

Written By: Don Carlos on 08/05/09 at 10:15 am

The funny thing about 9/11 is that as the years pass, I see fewer and fewer leftists talking inside job.  That's gotten to be more the province of the Dale Gribble wing of the paranoid Right.  Noam Chomsky is the patron saint of the "America can do no right" Left, and he categorically denies any kind of inside job.  So does Naomi Klein.  So does Morris Berman.  What they do say--which the mainstream of our discourse hates even more--is America shoved its will on other countries for a hundred years, so is it any surprise somebody shoved back?  Furthermore, the powers that be took advantage of the 9/11 attacks to further their own fascistic ends.  Klein calls it "Shock Doctrine," Chomsky calls it business as usual.  Five years ago, I certainly found the conspiracy theories of 9/11 more compelling than I do now.  Today it seems, regardless of the "truth," all of which we may never know, that 9/11 was indeed fallout from America's aggressive foreign policy.  As a people, we got used to being sheltered from the wrath our aggression incurred.  9/11 shattered that buffer zone.  That was my initial opinion in the days following the attacks and prior to absorbing all the conspiracy theories.  I'm not Ward Churchill.  I don't say the people in the Towers or the Pentagon deserved to die.  It was horrible and scary for us all, especially the first week after.  Looking at it dispassionately, however, I see it as cause-and-effect.  And that's how political revenge too often plays out.  Innocent people pay with their lives for the bloodsport of the power brokers and the power brokers stay cocooned in their fortresses.
>:(

It's called "BLOWBACK"

Written By: MaxwellSmart on 08/05/09 at 11:09 am

It's called "BLOWBACK"

Yes, in a word, as Chalmers Johnson put it.

Written By: Foo Bar on 08/10/09 at 12:37 am

http://www.wnd.com/images/misc/punk4two.jpg

I gotta give credit to the WND nuts for posting a proper retraction of the hoax. 

The scary part - and this gets back into the whole tribalism thing - is that the birthers had completely forgotten the forged anti-Bush memos that cost Dan Rather his career during the last election cycle.  They swallowed not only the bait, they swallowed the hook, line, sinker, rod, reel, and copy of Angling Times.

A poorly-forged memo discrediting Bush gets national media attention and controversy, because Democrats refuse to believe it could be fake.  An equally poorly-forged birth cert gets taken seriously by the same people that jumped on the Dan Rather forgeries.  Doublethink (or in modern parlance, cognitive dissonance) is an amazing thing to see in action.

Written By: Mushroom on 08/10/09 at 6:17 am

I say we just go ahead and pass the 61st Amendment.  That way, it does not matter where he was born.

8)

Written By: Reynolds1863 on 08/10/09 at 7:32 am

I say we just go ahead and pass the 61st Amendment.  That way, it does not matter where he was born.

8)

Of course you know what that means . . . Arnold would run.

Written By: MaxwellSmart on 08/10/09 at 8:21 am

Of course you know what that means . . . Arnold would run.

Arnold is finished after the California debacle.

What they would do is offshore the presidency to China.

Written By: Foo Bar on 08/11/09 at 1:33 am

Arnold is finished after the California debacle.

What they would do is offshore the presidency to China.

And this would be distinguishable from the present situation... how? :)

Written By: philbo on 08/11/09 at 4:26 am

The president might come from a different ethnic minority?

Written By: ChuckyG on 08/11/09 at 9:50 am

We might really get those "death panels" Sarah Palin seems so worked up about.

It would be hilarious to think the birthers are secretly all Ahnold fans that want to pressure Obama to push for the "61st amendment" to end their assault on the president.  Instead of it just being a way for them to say he's black.

Written By: MrCleveland on 08/11/09 at 5:24 pm

Obama is Half-and-Half

(Gets a shoe thrown at, like Dubya)

Hawaii was a state in 1961, so Obama is a U.S. Citizen! His father was Kenyan and his mom was from Kansas, he may have been ridiculed because of his parents, but I don't know. Remember the song "Only in America"....And for me with Politics...I'm Half-and-Half.

And for 9/11, I believe that it was structured 8 years before 9/11!

Written By: MaxwellSmart on 08/11/09 at 8:31 pm

Ah-so!

http://www.inthe00s.com/smile/09/smilejap.gif

Check for new replies or respond here...