» OLD MESSAGE ARCHIVES «
The Pop Culture Information Society...
Messageboard Archive Index, In The 00s - The Pop Culture Information Society

Welcome to the archived messages from In The 00s. This archive stretches back to 1998 in some instances, and contains a nearly complete record of all the messages posted to inthe00s.com. You will also find an archive of the messages from inthe70s.com, inthe80s.com, inthe90s.com and amiright.com before they were combined to form the inthe00s.com messageboard.

If you are looking for the active messages, please click here. Otherwise, use the links below or on the right hand side of the page to navigate the archives.

Custom Search

Subject: ATTENTION ALL AMERICANS!

Written By: Doc Brown on 08/09/09 at 2:41 pm

REFUSE NEW COINS!
This simple action will make a strong statement. 
Please help do this.. Refuse to accept these when they are handed to you. I received one from the Post Office as change and I asked for a dollar bill instead. The lady just smiled and said 'way to go', so she had read this e -mail. Please help out...our country is in enough trouble without this too!!!!!
U.S.Government to Release New Dollar Coins

http://C:\Documents and Settings\Owner\My Documents\My Pictures\Pictures Downloaded from AOL\Phony Dollar.bmp

You guessed it
'IN GOD WE TRUST' (Our National  Motto) IS GONE!!!
If ever there was a reason to boycott something, THIS IS IT!!!!
DO NOT ACCEPT THE NEW DOLLAR COINS AS CHANGE.
Together we can force them out of circulation.

Please send this to all on your mailing list!!!

Your Pal,
Doc

(just your basic example of a guy who's MAD AS HELL AND AIN'T GONNA TAKE IT ANYMORE!)
>:(

Subject: Re: ATTENTION ALL AMERICANS!

Written By: MaxwellSmart on 08/09/09 at 2:57 pm

Next you're gonna start talking about fluoridation. 

This is the least of our problems. 

I never liked that Red Scare era motto.  Some of us are atheist, agnostic, Wiccan, and other things the First Amendment says we have a right to be, thus we do not all trust in God.

Written By: CatwomanofV on 08/09/09 at 3:19 pm

REFUSE NEW COINS!
This simple action will make a strong statement.   
Please help do this.. Refuse to accept these when they are handed to you. I received one from the Post Office as change and I asked for a dollar bill instead. The lady just smiled and said 'way to go', so she had read this e -mail. Please help out...our country is in enough trouble without this too!!!!!
U.S.Government to Release New Dollar Coins

http://C:\Documents and Settings\Owner\My Documents\My Pictures\Pictures Downloaded from AOL\Phony Dollar.bmp

You guessed it
'IN GOD WE TRUST' (Our National  Motto) IS GONE!!!
If ever there was a reason to boycott something, THIS IS IT!!!!
DO NOT ACCEPT THE NEW DOLLAR COINS AS CHANGE.
Together we can force them out of circulation.

Please send this to all on your mailing list!!!

Your Pal,
Doc

(just your basic example of a guy who's MAD AS HELL AND AIN'T GONNA TAKE IT ANYMORE!)
>:(

I really wish that you would do a little research before reposting bogus information. The new Presidential dollars (which have been out for a couple of years now), have the motto on the EDGE of the coin.

http://www.us-coin-values-advisor.com/images/Presidential-Dollar-Unique-Edge-Lg.jpg

Cat

Written By: MaxwellSmart on 08/09/09 at 3:22 pm

Zingo! Doc Brown got OWNED!
;D

(I still wish that IGWT thing wasn't on the coins. Anyway...)

Written By: Doc Brown on 08/09/09 at 3:29 pm

Uh, there are a few without the motto in circulation.
BTW Max, y'know what they call a coin without the U.S. Motto?
COUNTERFEIT!

Your Pal,
Doc

8)

Written By: CatwomanofV on 08/09/09 at 3:43 pm

Zingo! Doc Brown got OWNED!
;D

As a coin collector, I wish so too. There were a few that didn't have them on it-like the 1907 & 1908 Saint-Gaudens double eagle $20 gold coin (which some day I will have one in my collection). The reason why "In God We Trust" was excluded from those coins is because of Teddy Roosevelt.

The 1907-1908 double eagles do not have the motto IN GOD WE TRUST, which became another issue even though the Coinage Act of 1890 did not include that motto in the list of required wording to be placed on U.S. coins. Some attribute the lack of the motto to a Presidential order, Roosevelt of the belief that inscribing God’s name on a coin was a blasphemous act; a coin could for example be used not only for the offering plate but also for criminal and other nefarious purposes. Regardless of the reason for the omission, the motto was restored (it was on the previous Liberty Head type) later in 1908 by Congressional action, which brought the double eagle into compliance with the Act of March 3, 1865.

I have heard that Teddy didn't want people paying for liqueur with a coin that had "In God We Trust" on it.

COUNTERFEIT!

Your Pal,
Doc

8)

The coins that do not have the inscription on the edge are considered Error Coins and they are the most sought after. If you do a search on eBay for smooth edge Presidential dollars, you will find that they go for boocoo bucks. There are some that are counterfeit because some people have smoothed the edges to make it appear that they the lettering was missed in the making of it.

Do me a favor, if you don't know anything about coins, please don't be making posts about them. It is really an insult to us numismatists. 

http://www.inthe00s.com/index.php?topic=18931.0

Cat

Written By: Macphisto on 08/09/09 at 3:59 pm

As a side note, "In God We Trust" was not originally on our currency.

"As excerpted from the United States Treasury Department's public education website:

The motto In God We Trust was placed on United States coins largely because of the increased religious sentiment existing during the American Civil War. Secretary of the Treasury Salmon P. Chase received many appeals from devout Christians throughout the country, urging that the United States recognize God on United States coins. From Treasury Department records, it appears that the first such appeal came in a letter dated November 13, 1861. It was written to Secretary Salmon P. Chase by Reverend M. R. Watkinson, Minister of the Gospel from Ridley Township, Pennsylvania."

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/In_God_We_Trust

Written By: haleym8826 on 08/09/09 at 4:01 pm

I agree with Max. If we have the right to our own freedom of religion then why must we all carry around a coin that says IGWT. There are plenty of things in this country that make it a self contradictory nation.

Written By: MaxwellSmart on 08/09/09 at 4:32 pm

As a coin collector, I wish so too. There were a few that didn't have them on it-like the 1907 & 1908 Saint-Gaudens double eagle $20 gold coin (which some day I will have one in my collection). The reason why "In God We Trust" was excluded from those coins is because of Teddy Roosevelt.

The 1907-1908 double eagles do not have the motto IN GOD WE TRUST, which became another issue even though the Coinage Act of 1890 did not include that motto in the list of required wording to be placed on U.S. coins. Some attribute the lack of the motto to a Presidential order, Roosevelt of the belief that inscribing God’s name on a coin was a blasphemous act; a coin could for example be used not only for the offering plate but also for criminal and other nefarious purposes. Regardless of the reason for the omission, the motto was restored (it was on the previous Liberty Head type) later in 1908 by Congressional action, which brought the double eagle into compliance with the Act of March 3, 1865.

I have heard that Teddy didn't want people paying for liqueur with a coin that had "In God We Trust" on it.

That's a good argument from the other side.  I've always had a problem with the phrase "he's got more money than God."  Why would God have money?  Money is man's device.  Of course, the reigning theology over the past 30 years has been "Money IS God," and look where that's gotten us.

Written By: MaxwellSmart on 08/09/09 at 4:37 pm

COUNTERFEIT!

Your Pal,
Doc

8)

Where did you get the idea I was looking for counterfeit coins?

Written By: Tam on 08/09/09 at 4:48 pm

I really wish that you would do a little research before reposting bogus information. The new Presidential dollars (which have been out for a couple of years now), have the motto on the EDGE of the coin.

http://www.us-coin-values-advisor.com/images/Presidential-Dollar-Unique-Edge-Lg.jpg

Cat

And snopes and I have your back Cat! ;)

http://www.snopes.com/politics/religion/dollarcoin.asp

Written By: Red Ant on 08/09/09 at 4:52 pm

As an atheist, I have no problem with "In God We Trust" on currency. With most denominations (of religion, not currency), they really do trust in cash, not God. At least there is honesty in the saying when it appears on US currency.

"God is great, but cash is better." - Me

In God We Trust, In Cash We Trust - what's the difference? Deep down inside, most of us are green.

Ant

Written By: CatwomanofV on 08/09/09 at 4:55 pm

I want them to say, "In Goddess We Trust".  ;) :D ;D ;D ;D ;D

Cat

Written By: Red Ant on 08/09/09 at 4:57 pm

I want them to say, "In Goddess We Trust".  ;) :D ;D ;D ;D ;D

Cat

That happens later in the evening, sometimes over an exchange of money.  :o ;)

TMI, I know...

Ant

Written By: MrCleveland on 08/09/09 at 5:08 pm

What next, "Under God" will be removed from The Pledge of Allegiance?

I'm also going to boycott Public Transportation in my city because they're going to raise prices...again. I'm suffering already and now the Mass Transit wants to let the people who can't afford to drive a car to walk? Bullsheesh!

I know that's off-topic, but that boils my blood!

Written By: Below Average Dave on 08/09/09 at 5:14 pm

I'm also going to boycott Public Transportation in my city because they're going to raise prices...again. I'm suffering already and now the Mass Transit wants to let the people who can't afford to drive a car to walk? balony!

It hasn't been removed from coins.  . .including the one you mentioned, and you're right about the second part of your statement--it is off topic.

Mr Cleveland, with all due respect, I don't care what's on money. . .or in the pledge of allegiance.  I don't practice religion, period, but I don't have a problem with those that do.  Personally I have no problem with those things being there, but I have to be honest--I never said the Pledge of Allegiance as a kid, I am a human on Earth, I always felt awkward as a kid pledging to a country by force (after all we were told we had to in school without it being explained to us). . .as an adult it's more just that there's too much I feel is wrong with our country's mindset to pledge to it, that's with or without the mention of a character who I believe to be fictional.

Written By: MrCleveland on 08/09/09 at 5:21 pm

It hasn't been removed from coins.  . .including the one you mentioned, and you're right about the second part of your statement--it is off topic.

Mr Cleveland, with all due respect, I don't care what's on money. . .or in the pledge of allegiance.  I don't practice religion, period, but I don't have a problem with those that do.  Personally I have no problem with those things being there, but I have to be honest--I never said the Pledge of Allegiance as a kid, I am a human on Earth, I always felt awkward as a kid pledging to a country by force (after all we were told we had to in school without it being explained to us). . .as an adult it's more just that there's too much I feel is wrong with our country's mindset to pledge to it, that's with or without the mention of a character who I believe to be fictional.

I apologize for mentioning something off-topic, but I needed to get that off my chest. And I won't even yell at anyone if they don't say the Pledge of Allegiance. Hell, Jehovahs Witnesses won't even stand-up for the National Anthem. But as of now, I'm done ranting.

Written By: CatwomanofV on 08/09/09 at 5:24 pm

I'm also going to boycott Public Transportation in my city because they're going to raise prices...again. I'm suffering already and now the Mass Transit wants to let the people who can't afford to drive a car to walk? balony!

"Under God" was not originally in the Pledge-it was added in 1954. Also, the Pledge was originally an ad to sell flags. Yes, "Under Capitalism We Trust".  ::)

Cat

Written By: LyricBoy on 08/09/09 at 5:44 pm

Do me a favor, if you don't know anything about coins, please don't be making posts about them. It is really an insult to us numismatists.   

Cat

It's an insult to the intelligence of coin collectors, too.  ;)

You gonna have one of those extra-high-relief St. Gaudens coins? ???

Written By: Ashkicksass on 08/09/09 at 5:46 pm

Where did you get the idea I was looking for counterfeit coins?

Of course you're looking for counterfeit coins Max!  You and all of your godless friends!  Counterfeit counterfeit counterfeit!   :P

;)

Written By: whistledog on 08/09/09 at 5:57 pm

What I wanna know is what's going to happen with paper money?  I miss dollar bills.  In Canada, we've had dollar coins since 1987.  Pretty soon wallets will become obsolete as paper money won't exist anymore

Written By: MaxwellSmart on 08/09/09 at 6:00 pm

When China calls in her debt, it won't matter either way.

You can use the coins as poker chips and the bills as john paper!

:o

Written By: CatwomanofV on 08/09/09 at 6:20 pm

It's an insult to the intelligence of coin collectors, too.   ;)

You gonna have one of those extra-high-relief St. Gaudens coins? ???

I would love to, but that is just a little out of my price range (unless I win the lottery.  ;) )  Those have the Roman numeral on them which I think are really cool. The ones that have the Arabic numbers are not high relief and are a bit more affordable.

Cat

Written By: Red Ant on 08/09/09 at 7:41 pm

What I wanna know is what's going to happen with paper money?  I miss dollar bills.  In Canada, we've had dollar coins since 1987.  Pretty soon wallets will become obsolete as paper money won't exist anymore

You could carry a purse.  ;D

Ant

Written By: Reynolds1863 on 08/09/09 at 7:59 pm

Under God wasn't always in the Pledge of Allegiance either.  What's the big deal?  Conservative Mennonite refused to say the pledge because their allegiance is to God and God only not the U.S.

Written By: snozberries on 08/09/09 at 9:06 pm

I agree with Max. If we have the right to our own freedom of religion then why must we all carry around a coin that says IGWT. There are plenty of things in this country that make it a self contradictory nation.

You are wise!  Excellently stated!!! Karma!

Written By: snozberries on 08/09/09 at 9:10 pm

"Under God" was not originally in the Pledge-it was added in 1954. Also, the Pledge was originally an ad to sell flags. Yes, "Under Capitalism We Trust".  ::)

Cat

Cat's on a roll...she took down two in two pages...

http://i2.photobucket.com/albums/y33/zaramire/webpics/notworthy79.gif

Written By: Mushroom on 08/10/09 at 7:04 am

Heck, be glad that you have actual coins!  And most of the time we do not even have money.

Overseas, we use an "Eagle Cash Card".  This is a chargeable smart card, that you put in a machine on post and transfer money to from your bank account.  It can hold up to $9,999.99.  And all of the vendors on base accept them, including the barber shop, Burger King, and Starbucks.

So actual currency is a rare thing to see.  We also do not have coins, we have "Pogs".  If we use cash for a transaction, change is returned in disks of paper about the size of an old 50 cent piece.  They come in denominations of 5, 10, and 25 cents.  No, there are no pennies.  So if your change is to be 4 cents, you lost it.

http://www.aafespogs.com/

There are some that collect them, and I have seen them for sale on EBay. 

Written By: MrCleveland on 08/10/09 at 12:37 pm

Under God wasn't always in the Pledge of Allegiance either.  What's the big deal?  Conservative Mennonite refused to say the pledge because their allegiance is to God and God only not the U.S.

To be truthful, I didn't know when "Under God" was added in until 1954. I knew it was added later on, because there's a Porky Pig Cartoon where he says the Pledge...and he didn't say "Under God".

I knew it was sometime after WWII though.

Written By: Reynolds1863 on 08/10/09 at 1:52 pm

To be truthful, I didn't know when "Under God" was added in until 1954. I knew it was added later on, because there's a Porky Pig Cartoon where he says the Pledge...and he didn't say "Under God".

Under God was put in as a statement against Communism. (Because those nasty Commies don't believe in a higher power or at least in theory they don't.)  It amazing how cartoons have an unexpected way of teaching.

Written By: CatwomanofV on 08/10/09 at 1:58 pm

You gotta learn history from somewhere, it might as well be from Porky the Pig.

Thhhhat's all, folks.

Cat

Written By: LyricBoy on 08/10/09 at 6:26 pm

By the way, Cat... I just checked the US Mint website and in 2009, they are reissuing the St Gaudens Double Eagle in the ULTRA High Relief design, the one that way-back-when they only made maybe 12 of (and are worth maybe $1MM each today).

Pretty nice looking coin.

http://catalog.usmint.gov/webapp/wcs/stores/servlet/ProductDisplay?catalogId=10001&storeId=10001&productId=14708&langId=-1&parent_category_rn=31238

Written By: Doc Brown on 08/10/09 at 8:35 pm

Thhhhat's all, folks.

Careful what you wish for, Cat. When I was in school, all the history classes were contrived to make sure the course(and school year) ended with our winning WWII. Apparently they wanted all of us to remain clueless about Korea, The Cold War, Vietnam, The Summer Of Love, Watergate, Iranian Hostages, or anything else! I only learned about recent history by reading ahead on boring days. So, I got just what you suggested: Mussolini was overthrown, Hitler committed suicide, Hirohito surrendered, and Th-th-th-th-that's all, folks!
No wonder kids today have no idea what's going on!

Your Pal,
Doc

8)

Written By: Frank on 08/11/09 at 1:01 am

Just wondering: With " In God we trust" no longer there, will the Church refuse an offering when that type of money is given to them?

Written By: danootaandme on 08/11/09 at 5:26 am

Anyone who feels the need to purge themselves of godless money can drop it off at my house.  Heck, I'll come and pick it up.

Written By: Doc Brown on 08/11/09 at 11:06 am

Just wondering: With " In God we trust" no longer there, will the Church refuse an offering when that type of money is given to them?

I doubt it, they can just go to the bank and exchange it for a paper dollar.

Your Pal,
Doc

;)

Written By: LyricBoy on 08/11/09 at 11:25 am

If anybody is upset (or otherwise worked up) about the "In God We Trust" motto being on coins or not being on coins, I would suggest they read Matthew 22:21.

See excerpt and background from the modern-day Wikipedia version...

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Render_unto_Caesar...

Written By: CatwomanofV on 08/11/09 at 11:57 am

By the way, Cat... I just checked the US Mint website and in 2009, they are reissuing the St Gaudens Double Eagle in the ULTRA High Relief design, the one that way-back-when they only made maybe 12 of (and are worth maybe $1MM each today).

Pretty nice looking coin.

http://catalog.usmint.gov/webapp/wcs/stores/servlet/ProductDisplay?catalogId=10001&storeId=10001&productId=14708&langId=-1&parent_category_rn=31238

I am aware of them. I probably won't get it because I really hate re-issued things-I really like the real deal. Though, you never know. I have been known to buy coins on a whim.  ;)

You seem fairly knowledgeable about coins. Are you a "numismatist"?  ;)

Careful what you wish for, Cat. When I was in school, all the history classes were contrived to make sure the course(and school year) ended with our winning WWII. Apparently they wanted all of us to remain clueless about Korea, The Cold War, Vietnam, The Summer Of Love, Watergate, Iranian Hostages, or anything else! I only learned about recent history by reading ahead on boring days. So, I got just what you suggested: Mussolini was overthrown, Hitler committed suicide, Hirohito surrendered, and Th-th-th-th-that's all, folks!
No wonder kids today have no idea what's going on!

Your Pal,
Doc

8)

What was I wishing for? You don't have to tell me that our schools lack in the study of History. I got my B.A. in History and was working towards my M.A. in History.

Cat

Written By: Doc Brown on 08/11/09 at 12:04 pm

What was I wishing for? You don't have to tell me that our schools lack in the study of History. I got my B.A. in History and was working towards my M.A. in History.

Figure of speech, Cat. I was saying I already seemed to have been taught history by a bunch of Porky Pigs!
As in, The Allies won WWII and Th-th-th-th-that's all, folks!

Your Pal,
Doc

8)

Written By: Frank on 08/11/09 at 12:08 pm

As in, The Allies won WWII and Th-th-th-th-that's all, folks!

Your Pal,
Doc

8)

Did someone think the Allies lost WWII?. I thought we won 7 to 3.

Written By: Rice_Cube on 08/11/09 at 12:22 pm

Yeah, Sylvester Stallone caught the ball and everything.

Written By: Frank on 08/11/09 at 12:29 pm

Yeah, Sylvester Stallone caught the ball and everything.

on youtube?

Written By: MrCleveland on 08/11/09 at 12:44 pm

Under God was put in as a statement against Communism. (Because those nasty Commies don't believe in a higher power or at least in theory they don't.)  It amazing how cartoons have an unexpected way of teaching.

I know.

I'm also a member of the Big Cartoon Database Forum site and that may be a good question or something to ask them.

And did you know when you said the pledge, you did it a-la "Heil Hitler-ish" until probably the late 30's?

Written By: Rice_Cube on 08/11/09 at 1:11 pm

on youtube?

It was a silly movie...Victory, I think it was called.

Written By: Frank on 08/11/09 at 1:14 pm

Oh yeah...never seen it tho.

Written By: Rice_Cube on 08/11/09 at 2:18 pm

Oh yeah...never seen it tho.

Would you ever admit to seeing a non-Rocky Stallone movie?  :D

Written By: Frank on 08/11/09 at 2:48 pm

Yeah..I saw Rambo's films. Rambo movies were OK. But maybe not the rest.

Written By: LyricBoy on 08/11/09 at 4:17 pm

Yeah..I saw Rambo's films. Rambo movies were OK. But maybe not the rest.

My nickname at a place I worked at years ago was "Rambo".  :)

Written By: Rice_Cube on 08/11/09 at 4:19 pm

My nickname at a place I worked at years ago was "Rambo".  :)

Did you blow stuff up?

Written By: LyricBoy on 08/11/09 at 4:21 pm

I am aware of them. I probably won't get it because I really hate re-issued things-I really like the real deal. Though, you never know. I have been known to buy coins on a whim.  ;)

You seem fairly knowledgeable about coins. Are you a "numismatist"?   ;)

Cat

Not really, Cat.  Though my Dad used to collect silver coins (the ones that actually had silver in them) like mad.

I always admired the original St Gaudens double eagle, and thought that the regular eagles that the US Mint has been coining for years were a travesty... a two-dimensional rendering of what was the ultimate three-dimensional coin design.

Written By: CatwomanofV on 08/11/09 at 5:06 pm

Not really, Cat.  Though my Dad used to collect silver coins (the ones that actually had silver in them) like mad.

I always admired the original St Gaudens double eagle, and thought that the regular eagles that the US Mint has been coining for years were a travesty... a two-dimensional rendering of what was the ultimate three-dimensional coin design.

Are you talking about the gold eagles that uses the St. Gauden's design or the silver eagles that uses the old Walking Liberty design? I have an almost complete set of the silver eagles (and I do have the complete set of the Walkers).

Cat

Written By: LyricBoy on 08/11/09 at 5:19 pm

Are you talking about the gold eagles that uses the St. Gauden's design or the silver eagles that uses the old Walking Liberty design? I have an almost complete set of the silver eagles (and I do have the complete set of the Walkers).

Cat

The modern-era gold eagles that have the flattened-out St Gauden's design.  My thought is that if they were not going to faithfully reproduce the 1907 design, they should have come up with an alternative design appropriate to the very low relief coin format.

Now the reissued coin, I have no problem with.  From what I can tell it appears to be faithful to the original design.

Written By: MaxwellSmart on 08/11/09 at 9:02 pm

Well, I saw "Oscar," and I saw that one he made with Billy Dee Williams in 1978.  Did I see "Tango & Cash?"  Can't remember, hit myself over the head too many times with that lead pipe!

http://www.inthe00s.com/smile/02/buck.gif

Written By: snozberries on 08/12/09 at 5:09 pm

Also..... the YANKEES!!! won the Civil War  :P

Written By: snozberries on 08/12/09 at 5:14 pm

I rather enjoyed Victory! Michael Caine was also in it so....there were two Academy Award nominees in the picture! caine ( he had been nominated twice at the time) and stallone once.

Written By: snozberries on 08/12/09 at 5:15 pm

Well, I saw "Oscar," and I saw that one he made with Billy Dee Williams in 1978.  Did I see "Tango & Cash?"  Can't remember, hit myself over the head too many times with that lead pipe!

http://www.inthe00s.com/smile/02/buck.gif

what? You missed Demolition Man? For shame!

Written By: Rice_Cube on 08/12/09 at 5:28 pm

That one was awesomely bad too :D

Written By: danootaandme on 08/12/09 at 5:46 pm

I got a John Adams dollar coin today.  The words "In God We Trust" are barely legible, so, in the spirit of the boycott, maybe I should spend it, but ask the clerk to count is as 50 cents instead.  ::)

Written By: Frank on 08/13/09 at 1:03 am

Also..... the YANKEES!!! won the Civil War  :P

No Karma for you until Miley Cyrus applies for an old age pension  ;)

Written By: philbo on 08/13/09 at 4:15 am

Worth watching for Sandra Bullock.. and Stallone's reaction to "The Schwarzenegger Presidential Library" :)

Written By: CatwomanofV on 08/13/09 at 12:49 pm

I got a John Adams dollar coin today.  The words "In God We Trust" are barely legible, so, in the spirit of the boycott, maybe I should spend it, but ask the clerk to count is as 50 cents instead.  ::)

There are several error JA coins. They were put through the hopper (or whatever it is called) that prints the edging TWICE! They look really cool IMO. There are two different kinds. The ones that went through twice in the same direction and others that went through upside down which I think looks like like Russian. I just might have to purchase a few of each kind.

Here are some that went though the same direction.

http://z.about.com/d/coins/1/0/A/7/-/-/Adams_Double_Edge_Lettering_Error_Stack.jpg

Cat

Written By: Frank on 08/13/09 at 3:53 pm

In Canada, we don't have "In God we trust" or similar on our coins. Just a photo of the Queen and the words "D.G Regina" . 

Written By: Reynolds1863 on 08/13/09 at 6:14 pm

In Canada, we don't have "In God we trust" or similar on our coins. Just a photo of the Queen and the words "D.G Regina" . 

Darn close.  By the grace of God, Queen.

Written By: Foo Bar on 08/13/09 at 10:22 pm

Thhhhat's all, folks.

Yep.  It was Old Glory, in which Porky Pig reciting the P-p-p-l...saying he likes the Flag.

Old Glory premiered on July 1, 1939, long before the words "under God" were added to the Pledge.

Written By: Frank on 08/14/09 at 1:49 am

Darn close.  By the grace of God, Queen.

Yes but I'd say 90% of CDNs don't know that DG Regina stands for that.
Would be almost like putting "IGWT" instead of "In God we trust" on US coins.

Written By: JamieMcBain on 08/14/09 at 8:08 am

They gonna blame "Comrad De Fuhrer Obama Hussein" for this one.

::)

Wake me up, when this is all over.

Written By: LyricBoy on 08/14/09 at 8:29 am

Huhuhuhuhuh... You said "Regina"...

;D

Written By: Reynolds1863 on 08/14/09 at 8:33 am

Huhuhuhuhuh... You said "Regina"...

;D

Regina is Queen in Latin.

Written By: MrCleveland on 08/14/09 at 11:50 am

Yep.  It was Old Glory, in which Porky Pig reciting the P-p-p-l...saying he likes the Flag.

Old Glory premiered on July 1, 1939, long before the words "under God" were added to the Pledge.

Thanks for the info.

Besides, who says you can't learn anything from cartoons...? (And not the E/I sheesh either)!

Check for new replies or respond here...