» OLD MESSAGE ARCHIVES «
The Pop Culture Information Society...
Messageboard Archive Index, In The 00s - The Pop Culture Information Society

Welcome to the archived messages from In The 00s. This archive stretches back to 1998 in some instances, and contains a nearly complete record of all the messages posted to inthe00s.com. You will also find an archive of the messages from inthe70s.com, inthe80s.com, inthe90s.com and amiright.com before they were combined to form the inthe00s.com messageboard.

If you are looking for the active messages, please click here. Otherwise, use the links below or on the right hand side of the page to navigate the archives.

Custom Search

Subject: Philadelphia Eagles Sign Michael Vick

Written By: LyricBoy on 08/13/09 at 8:19 pm

Looks like Mike is gonna be calling the Commonwealth of Pennsylvania his home for the next couple a years...

http://views.washingtonpost.com/theleague/nflnewsfeed/2009/08/eagles-reportedly-sign-vick.html

Subject: Re: Philadelphia Eagles Sign Michael Vick

Written By: Macphisto on 08/13/09 at 9:37 pm

Well....  that was unexpected....  I guess he'll be a good backup for them.

Donovan McNabb is pretty good.

Written By: ladybug316 on 08/14/09 at 9:27 am

I can't find a job, yet this deplorable human gets a job for millions  8-P

Written By: anabel on 08/14/09 at 10:22 am

Here go the last few ounces of respect I had for Philly.....  http://www.inthe00s.com/smile/06/kloguck.gif

Written By: JamieMcBain on 08/14/09 at 11:47 am

::)

Written By: MrCleveland on 08/14/09 at 12:05 pm

I'll sing "Philadelphia Freedom" for him! ;D

Written By: nally on 08/14/09 at 12:10 pm

more or less what I was thinking ::)

I don't know that this guy really deserves a second chance after what he did 2 yrs ago :P

Written By: Frank on 08/14/09 at 3:52 pm

Yeh, how idiotic is that

Hey Philly residents. Hide your dogs!

Written By: loki 13 on 08/14/09 at 4:06 pm

As a life long Philadelphia Eagle fan, all I can say is UGH!

It's not because of what Vick did. The people of this Country need to get over themselves. Who are we to
deny this man his right to earn a living, whether it be playing football or picking flys**t out of black pepper. He
payed is debt to society and has every right to go back to the career he chose. Are we to say that every excon
has no right to earn a living, or just the arrogant rich ones? As heinous as his crime was people need to get over
it and let the man be.

The reason I say UGH is because he is not a very good quarterback, and of what use could he be?

Written By: LyricBoy on 08/14/09 at 4:54 pm

I never followed Vick as a football player before all the hubbub occurred a few years ago.

But listening to him on TV over the past few days, it is striking how somebody who spent almost two years at a fine school like Virginia Tech, and was presumably a leader of the Falcons team, can be so uneloquent and clumsy in his speech.  About 95% of everything I have heard come out of his mouth has been either flat-out cliche or pablum.  Stuff like:

"I hope to continue my diligent efforts to bring awareness to the issue of cruelty to animals".   (Yeah, I think you already did THAT, Mike).   ::)  
"I intend to be part of the solution and not part of the problem".   (Unlike the other players, I suppose?)  :D  
(regarding the dog fighting) "I didn't step up.  I wasn't a leader."   (I think you were a leader, Mike, that's what the jail time was about)   :P  
"I would like to express my gratification to"

My assessment of all of this is that he most likely feels that his biggest crime was getting caught.  But in fairness since there are two sides to every story, I'll quote a Pittsburgh fan who was interviewed on the Channel 2 news today:

"I think is being heroic to make a comeback."

Written By: Red Ant on 08/14/09 at 5:07 pm

$5 says he moves on to cockfighting.

Ant

Written By: LyricBoy on 08/14/09 at 5:28 pm

$5 says he moves on to cockfighting.

Ant

Huhuhuhuhuhuh... You said...

Oh, nevermind.

;D

Written By: danootaandme on 08/15/09 at 5:49 am

But listening to him on TV over the past few days, it is striking how somebody who spent almost two years at a fine school like Virginia Tech, and was presumably a leader of the Falcons team, can be so uneloquent and clumsy in his speech.  About 95% of everything I have heard come out of his mouth has been either flat-out cliche or pablum.  Stuff like:

"I hope to continue my diligent efforts to bring awareness to the issue of cruelty to animals".   (Yeah, I think you already did THAT, Mike).   ::)  
"I intend to be part of the solution and not part of the problem".   (Unlike the other players, I suppose?)  :D  
(regarding the dog fighting) "I didn't step up.  I wasn't a leader."   (I think you were a leader, Mike, that's what the jail time was about)   :P  
"I would like to express my gratification to"

That is because in the world of sports, colleges are used as farm teams.  The guys in football and basketball have very lax standards when it comes to getting in, and staying in.  They are there to play ball, not get an education. 

Written By: MaxwellSmart on 08/15/09 at 9:39 am

Huhuhuhuhuhuh... You said...

Oh, nevermind.

;D

He prolly had plenty of both in the joint.
:P

Check for new replies or respond here...