» OLD MESSAGE ARCHIVES «
The Pop Culture Information Society...
Messageboard Archive Index, In The 00s - The Pop Culture Information Society

Welcome to the archived messages from In The 00s. This archive stretches back to 1998 in some instances, and contains a nearly complete record of all the messages posted to inthe00s.com. You will also find an archive of the messages from inthe70s.com, inthe80s.com, inthe90s.com and amiright.com before they were combined to form the inthe00s.com messageboard.

If you are looking for the active messages, please click here. Otherwise, use the links below or on the right hand side of the page to navigate the archives.

Custom Search

Subject: Pennsylvania Senate: Toomey 48%, Specter 36%

Written By: GWBush2004 on 08/14/09 at 11:59 pm

http://www.rasmussenreports.com/public_content/politics/elections2/election_2010/election_2010_senate_elections/pennsylvania/election_2010_pennsylvania_senate_election

Thursday, August 13, 2009

Uncomfortable town hall meetings are just the tip of the iceberg for Pennsylvania Senator Arlen Specter. He now trails Republican Pat Toomey by double digits in his bid for reelection next year and is viewed unfavorably by a majority of the state’s voters.

The latest Rasmussen Reports telephone survey of Pennsylvania voters shows 48% would vote for Toomey if the election were held today. Just 36% would vote for Specter while four percent (4%) prefer a third option, and 12% are not sure.

These figures reflect a dramatic reversal since June. At that time, before the public health care debate began, Specter led Toomey by eleven.

Good riddance.

Subject: Re: Pennsylvania Senate: Toomey 48%, Specter 36%

Written By: danootaandme on 08/15/09 at 5:31 am

The republicans are pissed at him, the democrats don't trust him, he's toast(old, stale toast.)

Written By: LyricBoy on 08/15/09 at 7:26 am

Well I would not count out ol' One Bullet yet.

Spectre has the survival skills of a cockroach in a nuclear reactor.

Written By: Don Carlos on 08/15/09 at 2:57 pm

Nor is he a shoe-in for the nom.  I forget his name, but a retired General who is now in the house is challenging Arlen and looks very attractive (he was interviewed on MSNBC)

Written By: Reynolds1863 on 08/15/09 at 9:33 pm

Hey G.W. Bush you didn't mention Specter's challenger of course.  If Specter's challenger beats him he'll rip Toomey apart. ;D

Written By: GWBush2004 on 08/16/09 at 12:42 am

Hey G.W. Bush you didn't mention Specter's challenger of course.  If Specter's challenger beats him he'll rip Toomey apart. ;D

I know he has some democrat primary opponent.  If that guy wins, and then beats Toomey, I'll still be satisfied.

No more Arlen!

Written By: CatwomanofV on 08/16/09 at 12:03 pm

At this stage of the game, I'm not counting anybody out. Remember a few years ago, they said that Hillary was the shoe-in for the nom.

Cat

Written By: LyricBoy on 08/16/09 at 5:50 pm

At this stage of the game, I'm not counting anybody out. Remember a few years ago, they said that Hillary was the shoe-in for the nom.

Cat

Yeah, I never could see that.  Even though I am a Repub, I could see that the Dems had PLENTY of people eminently more qualified for the job than Hillary Clinton.  Eventually Obama proved that evident.

Written By: CatwomanofV on 08/16/09 at 6:12 pm

Yeah, I never could see that.  Even though I am a Repub, I could see that the Dems had PLENTY of people eminently more qualified for the job than Hillary Clinton.  Eventually Obama proved that evident.

Hillary was my least fav out of all of them. If she won the nom, I would have held my nose and voted for her.

Cat

Written By: GWBush2004 on 08/17/09 at 3:03 pm

Pennsylvania Democratic Primary: Specter 47% Sestak 34%

Do democrats really like Arlen Specter that much?

Written By: LyricBoy on 08/17/09 at 3:35 pm

Sure.  He's been spewing his cr@p since way back in the Kennedy Assassination investigation (which is why he's known as "One Bullet Spectre").  Note that he originally was a Democrat, but in '65 he swapped parties as a way to knock out the then-incumbent Democrat Philadelphia District Attorney.

Written By: Reynolds1863 on 08/18/09 at 2:24 pm

It's still early in the game.  Sestak is a season Congressman who knows what he's doing.  Don't be surprise if Arlen goes down in the Primary.

Check for new replies or respond here...