» OLD MESSAGE ARCHIVES «
The Pop Culture Information Society...
Messageboard Archive Index, In The 00s - The Pop Culture Information Society

Welcome to the archived messages from In The 00s. This archive stretches back to 1998 in some instances, and contains a nearly complete record of all the messages posted to inthe00s.com. You will also find an archive of the messages from inthe70s.com, inthe80s.com, inthe90s.com and amiright.com before they were combined to form the inthe00s.com messageboard.

If you are looking for the active messages, please click here. Otherwise, use the links below or on the right hand side of the page to navigate the archives.

Custom Search

Subject: Tom Ridge says he was pressured to raise terror alert to help Bush win in 2004

Written By: Brian06 on 08/20/09 at 8:17 pm

http://news.yahoo.com/s/ap/us_ridge_terror_alert

Can't say I'm surprised.  I always figured the terror alert system was all about politics. But really shouldn't someone be in prison over this, this seems like criminal activity to me.

Subject: Re: Tom Ridge says he was pressured to raise terror alert to help Bush win in 2004

Written By: JamieMcBain on 08/20/09 at 9:32 pm

Ditto.

Subject: Re: Tom Ridge says he was pressured to raise terror alert to help Bush win in 2004

Written By: nally on 08/21/09 at 12:42 pm

I was thinking that too. ::)

Written By: CatwomanofV on 08/21/09 at 1:53 pm

http://news.yahoo.com/s/ap/us_ridge_terror_alert

Can't say I'm surprised.  I always figured the terror alert system was all about politics. But really shouldn't someone be in prison over this, this seems like criminal activity to me.

There are so many things that members of the Bush Administration should be in prison for. This is minor compared to:

-Torture program.
-Outing a CIA operative (Valerie Plame).
-Firing judges for political reasons.
-Hiring mercenaries who are not being held accountable (Blackwater).
-Warrentless wiretapings.

The list goes on and on and on and on and....

Cat 

Written By: LyricBoy on 08/21/09 at 5:58 pm

I do have a problem with what Ridge is saying.

If this was going on, why did he wait until after the elections to leave his post?  Seems to me that he, too was putting politics before principle.

Written By: ChuckyG on 08/21/09 at 6:44 pm

If this was going on, why did he wait until after the elections to leave his post?  Seems to me that he, too was putting politics before principle.

Um hi, the last 8 years called and they'd like you to pay closer attention to what went on in the Bush Administration.  This was regular mode of operation for these felons.  Of course he was putting politics before principles.  This is what EVERY member of the Bush administration did.  It's merely the latest confirmed example.  Notice the complete lack of shock from the left wing.  It's almost barely news because basically you'd have to be asleep to have not noticed similar behavior from dozens of other former Bush admin. officials.

Written By: MrCleveland on 08/22/09 at 5:06 pm

I smell a book release this fall by Tom Ridge.

Written By: MaxwellSmart on 08/22/09 at 7:09 pm

You knew the color level was never gonna go green, because if it did and something bad happened...

:D

Written By: Reynolds1863 on 08/23/09 at 4:41 pm

Do you know why he left the department of homeland security? If you knew you wouldn't question why he's saying this now.  He had to wait until the Bush and company were gone.

Subject: Re: Tom Ridge says he was pressured to raise terror alert to help Bush win in 20

Written By: Foo Bar on 08/26/09 at 12:04 am

I think the most depressing thing about 21st-century America was that John Ashcroft and Tom Ridge were, relatively speaking, the good guys...  Just poor Chucks who, with the best of intentions, got on board, and had no idea just how deep the rabbit hole went.

Subject: Re: Tom Ridge says he was pressured to raise terror alert to help Bush win in 20

Written By: Reynolds1863 on 08/30/09 at 9:49 pm

I think the most depressing thing about 21st-century America was that John Ashcroft and Tom Ridge were, relatively speaking, the good guys...  Just poor Chucks who, with the best of intentions, got on board, and had no idea just how deep the rabbit hole went.

I think Ridge probably regrets getting involved.  Ridge always seemed like a pretty decent guy to me.

Written By: MaxwellSmart on 08/31/09 at 12:19 am

I think Ridge probably regrets getting involved.  Ridge always seemed like a pretty decent guy to me.

You take the devil's dollar, you do the devil's job.

http://www.inthe00s.com/smile/03/devilsmile.gif

Written By: Reynolds1863 on 08/31/09 at 11:28 am

He back peddled and said there was no pressure.  Don't you just hate those calls from Cheney. :P

Written By: philbo on 09/02/09 at 4:13 am

Doesn't it make you wonder how life would have been different if he'd gone live with this at the point where the pressure was applied?  If, before the 04 election, he'd gone public saying that it had been suggested that he raise the alert level for political reasons.  One small decision by one man could have changed the course of the last four years significantly...

He back peddled and said there was no pressure.  Don't you just hate those calls from Cheney. :P

Is back peddling where you return goods? ;)

Written By: ChuckyG on 09/02/09 at 9:32 am

Doesn't it make you wonder how life would have been different if he'd gone live with this at the point where the pressure was applied?  If, before the 04 election, he'd gone public saying that it had been suggested that he raise the alert level for political reasons.  One small decision by one man could have changed the course of the last four years significantly...

Is back peddling where you return goods? ;)

http://www.msnbc.msn.com/id/26315908/#32650857

"There are times when TV truly is an x-ray. Dissembling made visible. (...) To work himself out of the bind she had gotten him into, Ridge actually disavowed the jacket copy of his own book under Maddow's questioning."   - Source

Check for new replies or respond here...