» OLD MESSAGE ARCHIVES «
The Pop Culture Information Society...
Messageboard Archive Index, In The 00s - The Pop Culture Information Society

Welcome to the archived messages from In The 00s. This archive stretches back to 1998 in some instances, and contains a nearly complete record of all the messages posted to inthe00s.com. You will also find an archive of the messages from inthe70s.com, inthe80s.com, inthe90s.com and amiright.com before they were combined to form the inthe00s.com messageboard.

If you are looking for the active messages, please click here. Otherwise, use the links below or on the right hand side of the page to navigate the archives.

Custom Search

Subject: FBI paid lowlife hate-wing neo-nazi scumbag to broadcast hate messages

Written By: ChuckyG on 08/20/09 at 8:30 pm

http://www.wired.com/threatlevel/2009/08/lawyer-fbi-paid-right-wing-blogger-charged-with-threats/

A notorious New Jersey hate blogger charged in June with threatening to kill judges and lawmakers was secretly an FBI “agent provocateur” paid to disseminate right-wing rhetoric, his attorney said Wednesday.

Hal Turner, the blogger and radio personality, remains jailed pending charges over his recent online rants, which prosecutors claim amounted to an invitation for someone to kill Connecticut lawmakers and Chicago federal appeals court judges.

But behind the scenes the reformed white supremacist was holding clandestine meetings with FBI agents who taught him how to spew hate “without crossing the line,” according to his lawyer, Michael Orozco.

“Almost everything was at the behest of the Federal Bureau of Investigation,” Orozco said in a 45-minute telephone interview from New Jersey. “Their job was to pick up information on the responses of what he was saying and see where that led them. It was an interesting dynamic on what he was being asked to do.”

I can't think of enough nasty words to describe this "person" (and I use the term loosely). Thanks To Bush & Cheney I helped to fund him via my taxes.  I suppose it was the least offensive thing they funded with my taxes though.

Subject: Re: FBI paid lowlife hate-wing neo-nazi scumbag to broadcast hate messages

Written By: JamieMcBain on 08/20/09 at 9:32 pm

Wow....  All I can say is just.... wow.

::)

Subject: Re: FBI paid lowlife hate-wing neo-nazi scumbag to broadcast hate messages

Written By: Mushroom on 08/21/09 at 2:39 am

The same 4 words keep jumping out at me as I read this:

"according to his lawyer".

I don't put much faith into what defense lawyers put out there.  After all, did not Tim McVeigh claim that the Army put a microchip in his butt, which made him blow up the Federal Building?

I have heard these kinds of claims over and over again.  And until I see some kind of evidence, not just "a lawyer says", I give it as much respect as it deserves.  Is it any wonder "Lawyer" and "Liar" sound so much alike?

Which if this was printed media, it would make for good toilet paper.

Written By: Don Carlos on 08/21/09 at 9:52 am

Given the track record of the FBI, this would come as no surprise if it turns out to be true.  they have been trying, off and on, to provoke violence for every so long.

Written By: LyricBoy on 08/21/09 at 12:04 pm

I'd have to see the whole body of evidence in context before forming an opinion on this.

It is not ususual for law enforcement agencies to infiltrate hate groups and whatnot, and implement "sting operations" to nab criminals.  I'm sort of guessing that if, indeed, the FBI was paying this guy to make his posts, it was in an effort to see if some scuz bags were goingto approach the guy to solicit illegal activity.

So for now I am keeping powder dry...

Written By: ChuckyG on 08/21/09 at 6:53 pm

"according to his lawyer".

I don't put much faith into what defense lawyers put out there.  After all, did not Tim McVeigh claim that the Army put a microchip in his butt, which made him blow up the Federal Building?

I'd have to see the whole body of evidence in context before forming an opinion on this.

How convenient for the Feds.  They'll claim it's all covered by the state secrets act, and no matter how involved or uninvolved he was and the true believers will be able to say "but there's no proof" and keep their heads buried on the sand on this one.

A well known group (Anonymous) has already infiltrated this scumbag's email inbox and published it.  Sure it can be faked.  Just like printed paper can be faked or anything else.  I guess that's the new reality.  Even when an independent group comes out with evidence people can just yell "fake" and keep pretending it isn't real.  Sort of like Obama's birth certificate.

Written By: Mushroom on 08/21/09 at 7:49 pm

How convenient for the Feds.  They'll claim it's all covered by the state secrets act, and no matter how involved or uninvolved he was and the true believers will be able to say "but there's no proof" and keep their heads buried on the sand on this one.

No, it is called "giving them the benefit of the doubt", and "innocent until proven guilty".

If this is true, let's see some proof.  Not just wild accusations.  Otherwise, it is to me just another lawyer trying to get his client off.

And you even posted yourself, he claims was told to spew hate, “without crossing the line”.  They also came after he claims his connection with the FBI agent ended.

He was involved with the FBI from 2002 until 2007.  He made these threats in Jun 2009.  He crossed lines the FBI told him not to cross.

Now tell me, what in the hell does that have to do with the FBI?  Unless he can claim he was told to make the threats by the FBI (which he is not claiming by the way), I see nothing in this.

Well my friends, he threatened to kill a judge.  That sounds a lot to me like he crossed the line.

Written By: Foo Bar on 08/26/09 at 12:02 am

Lulzy!

You're Welcome.

/legion, etc.

Written By: danootaandme on 08/26/09 at 1:16 am

Wouldn't surprise me at all.  In the sixties they had guys who were supposed to infiltrate the KKK, but, in many cases the FBI and the KKK had common goals.  This was the era of J. Edgar, who thought the civil rights movement was run by communists.

Check for new replies or respond here...