» OLD MESSAGE ARCHIVES «
The Pop Culture Information Society...
Messageboard Archive Index, In The 00s - The Pop Culture Information Society

Welcome to the archived messages from In The 00s. This archive stretches back to 1998 in some instances, and contains a nearly complete record of all the messages posted to inthe00s.com. You will also find an archive of the messages from inthe70s.com, inthe80s.com, inthe90s.com and amiright.com before they were combined to form the inthe00s.com messageboard.

If you are looking for the active messages, please click here. Otherwise, use the links below or on the right hand side of the page to navigate the archives.

Custom Search

Subject: Man walks into a town meeting, with a loaded rifle.

Written By: JamieMcBain on 08/24/09 at 3:48 pm

No punchline....

::)

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4h0C1GA7_OU&feature=channel

Subject: Re: Man walks into a town meeting, with a loaded rifle.

Written By: danootaandme on 08/24/09 at 5:55 pm

To much lead in his drinking water.

Written By: JamieMcBain on 08/24/09 at 6:24 pm

Agreed.

Written By: LyricBoy on 08/24/09 at 6:37 pm

These guys may be "exercising their rights" but it is supremely stupid to be showing up at these events with a loaded gun.

If... for no other reason... some cop like Patrolman Tackleberry might overreact and snuff the gun toter.

Carrying a gun to a political rally is BEGGING for trouble.

Written By: Macphisto on 08/24/09 at 7:11 pm

I'm very much in support of gun rights, but people like this guy are doing a great job of making gun owners look bad.

In all honesty, I'm starting to wonder if most Americans are just too stupid to handle a weapon.

Written By: Reynolds1863 on 08/24/09 at 7:53 pm

What is the purpose of taking a gun to a town hall meeting about health care???  To me that is just insane.  Last time I check the 2nd amendment had nothing to do with health insurance. :-\\

Written By: MaxwellSmart on 08/24/09 at 8:47 pm

WTF is wrong with these goobers?

They always talk about "the rights we are losing."  When was the last time a legislator proposed a repeal of the Second Amendment?  

Is it about the healthcare?   In that case, shouldn't he bring a stethoscope or something like that?  Anyway, dipsh*ts like Kostric always say we don't have a right to obtain healthcare...soooo....do we have an affirmative right NOT to obtain healthcare?

So, he's bringing a loaded gun to a political rally to make a statement against losing the right not to have the right not to have healthcare...

Huh?  Whaaa?  Can ya help me out here somebody?  I'm gonna blow a fuse!

http://www.inthe00s.com/smile/07/nut.gif http://www.inthe00s.com/smile/03/crap.gif

Written By: danootaandme on 08/25/09 at 8:13 am

A loaded gun at a rally attended by the President of the United States.  Considering how the secret service is antsy now because of the implications of what would happen if the first black president came even close to being fired upon, this guy is lucky to be walking.  He can be sure that his name will be on every list they have. 

Written By: JamieMcBain on 08/25/09 at 9:41 am

He took this too literally.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=O0B_UZNtEk4

Written By: LyricBoy on 08/25/09 at 10:26 am

A loaded gun at a rally attended by the President of the United States.  Considering how the secret service is antsy now because of the implications of what would happen if the first black president came even close to being fired upon, this guy is lucky to be walking.  He can be sure that his name will be on every list they have. 

From what I have read in the papers, whenever an event is being run that is attended to by the Secret Service, it is considered a "Federal site" and no weapons are allowed within the perimeter, regardless of what the state's laws are.  THe SS guys did not seem to be all that concerned about it and mentioned something about "that guy would never be allowed within the secure site".

That all said, somebody bringing a loaded gun to any political rally is an imbecile.  ::)

Written By: MaxwellSmart on 08/25/09 at 9:16 pm

From what I have read in the papers, whenever an event is being run that is attended to by the Secret Service, it is considered a "Federal site" and no weapons are allowed within the perimeter, regardless of what the state's laws are.  THe SS guys did not seem to be all that concerned about it and mentioned something about "that guy would never be allowed within the secure site".

That all said, somebody bringing a loaded gun to any political rally is an imbecile.  ::)

That assclown disproves his own gripe.  He carried a loaded rifle within striking distance of the president and not only lived free and didn't die, he got to go on TV talk about it!  He's got nothing to piss and moan about now!

Written By: Foo Bar on 08/25/09 at 10:29 pm

Thanks to both of you for summarizing it. 

From what I have read in the papers, whenever an event is being run that is attended to by the Secret Service, it is considered a "Federal site" and no weapons are allowed within the perimeter, regardless of what the state's laws are.  The SS guys did not seem to be all that concerned about it and mentioned something about "that guy would never be allowed within the secure site".

That's because the Secret Service, unlike most Feds (I'm looking at you, TSA goons), are actually professionals.  If he's not a threat, he's not a threat and he's entitled to carry openly.  He does anything unsafe, and he goes down.  Until then, he's just a dude expressing, legally, albeit impolitely, his opinion.  (I'm not exactly sure on what, but hey, the First Amendment doesn't have any clause restricting its protection to articulate speech.

The First Amendment wins, and the Second Amendment /facepalms and just wishes the First Amendment would stop making it look silly.

Understatement of the year.  Guns are cool.  Political debate is cool.  But they're not like chocolate and peanut butter.  One of the few remaining cool things about America is that however vociferously we may debate politics, however vociferously we debate guns, and however vociferously we even debate the politics of guns, we haven't debated domestic political issues with our guns since the 1860s.  (We tried it, and however much things suck now, they suck less than the alternative.)

That assclown disproves his own gripe.  He carried a loaded rifle within striking distance of the president and not only lived free and didn't die, he got to go on TV talk about it!  He's got nothing to piss and moan about now! ::)

Exactly.

An American koan:  A political rally is a place where every American should feel perfectly safe standing next to another American with a firearm - but it is also a place where no American should ever feel the need to bring a firearm.

Check for new replies or respond here...