» OLD MESSAGE ARCHIVES «
The Pop Culture Information Society...
Messageboard Archive Index, In The 00s - The Pop Culture Information Society

Welcome to the archived messages from In The 00s. This archive stretches back to 1998 in some instances, and contains a nearly complete record of all the messages posted to inthe00s.com. You will also find an archive of the messages from inthe70s.com, inthe80s.com, inthe90s.com and amiright.com before they were combined to form the inthe00s.com messageboard.

If you are looking for the active messages, please click here. Otherwise, use the links below or on the right hand side of the page to navigate the archives.

Custom Search

Subject: Has town meetings become a breeding ground, for morons....

Written By: JamieMcBain on 08/24/09 at 3:51 pm

With Birthers, people with Obama as Hitler posters, Death panelers, people with rifles, someone shouting Heil Hitler....

Seriously, what the Hell is going on here?

::)

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dib2-HBsF08

Subject: Re: Has town meetings become a breeding ground, for morons....

Written By: Macphisto on 08/24/09 at 7:20 pm

America has always had a surplus of idiots.  Then again, that's probably true of a lot of countries.

Written By: MaxwellSmart on 08/24/09 at 9:17 pm

America has always had a surplus of idiots.  Then again, that's probably true of a lot of countries.

I agree on both counts.  However, the town halls are demonstrative of a uniquely American pathology exacerbated by the right-wing: An irrational fear of government,* an obsession with guns, a penchant for ignorant trash-talk, and the unmeetable need to be a rogue conformist.  You find one or more of the aforementioned in other cultures, but only in America are all so comorbid. 

*Of course, there are always rational reasons to fear government; however, the ones we see at the town meetings are irrational.

:D

Written By: JamieMcBain on 08/25/09 at 11:46 am

Lunacy!

I agree, now more than ever I am happy to be Canadian.

Written By: Foo Bar on 08/25/09 at 11:37 pm

It's like Cindy Sheehan and company, but on the right.  Idiocy and fanaticism are the only truly bipartisan phenomena.

Written By: Don Carlos on 08/29/09 at 10:46 am

With Birthers, people with Obama as Hitler posters, Death panelers, people with rifles, someone shouting Heil Hitler....

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dib2-HBsF08

Lunacy!

Written By: tv on 08/29/09 at 4:27 pm

There are just stupid people.

Written By: JamieMcBain on 09/04/09 at 5:12 pm

It gets even better....

http://www.google.ca/search?hl=en&q=Finger+Bite+Victim+at+Town+Hall&btnG=Search&meta=

What the ******* **** is going on here?  >:(

Written By: Ryan112390 on 09/04/09 at 6:59 pm

It gets even better....

http://www.google.ca/search?hl=en&q=Finger+Bite+Victim+at+Town+Hall&btnG=Search&meta=

What the ******* **** is going on here?   >:(

We're on the brink of Civil War, that's whats happening.

Written By: JamieMcBain on 09/04/09 at 7:14 pm

We're on the brink of Civil War, that's whats happening.

I hope that is not the case.

Written By: Ryan112390 on 09/05/09 at 2:01 am

I hope that is not the case.

There are very deep divisions in this coutntry, amongst liberals, conservatives, libertarians and those somewhere in between, and they've only gotten deeper with time, and I think they're going to keep getting on deeper until they hit bottom--Till we've come to the depth of division over which way this country should go. You've seen what issues such as abortion have driven people to do. I don't think a Civil War will happen tomorrow, or a year from now; Give it within the next 30 years. We're adding more and more debt on as time goes by, who will pay that debt? Will they be so willing or happy to pay it? There is a breaking point for all these issues, I think it's going to be bit sometime in the next few decades.

Written By: Don Carlos on 09/05/09 at 11:23 am

I don't think the divisions are as deep as that within the general public, just on the fringes, and now especially on the fringe right.  The question is, what will the center do?  The right is furious that Obama won the election and is doing everything it can to discredit him and inflame the center with lies, distortions, and fears.  So this is about much more than policy disputes.  Time will tell.

Written By: MaxwellSmart on 09/05/09 at 8:21 pm

How about the one where they were shouting down a woman with two terminal autoimmune diseases who was it a wheelchair? 

Then they had that scholar on camera bellowing, "Now some disabled woman in a wheelchair has more rights than I do!"

WTF is wrong with my country?  It's SICK!

>:(

Written By: JamieMcBain on 09/05/09 at 9:22 pm

How about the one where they were shouting down a woman with two terminal autoimmune diseases who was it a wheelchair? 

Then they had that scholar on camera bellowing, "Now some disabled woman in a wheelchair has more rights than I do!"

WTF is wrong with my country?  It's SICK!

WTF?

Written By: JamieMcBain on 09/05/09 at 9:24 pm

This is really sick!!!!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=p40othGJwhI

Written By: danootaandme on 09/06/09 at 6:12 am

This is really sick!!!!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=p40othGJwhI

Sick, but not surprising.(sadly)

Check for new replies or respond here...