» OLD MESSAGE ARCHIVES «
The Pop Culture Information Society...
Messageboard Archive Index, In The 00s - The Pop Culture Information Society

Welcome to the archived messages from In The 00s. This archive stretches back to 1998 in some instances, and contains a nearly complete record of all the messages posted to inthe00s.com. You will also find an archive of the messages from inthe70s.com, inthe80s.com, inthe90s.com and amiright.com before they were combined to form the inthe00s.com messageboard.

If you are looking for the active messages, please click here. Otherwise, use the links below or on the right hand side of the page to navigate the archives.

Custom Search

Subject: In Defence of Saver

Written By: Don Carlos on 08/25/09 at 10:46 am

Anyone?  Anyone?  Buhler?  Buhler?

Subject: Re: In Defence of Saver

Written By: saver on 08/26/09 at 3:47 am

Erra....erra... erra..

Dead or not...with that kind of morality Mary Jo is awaiting with a bucket of water for hiim!!

Think..Even if cell phones were around back then at the lake, do you think he would've made a call...I wouldn't bet on it!

Written By: Reynolds1863 on 08/26/09 at 6:52 am

Erra....erra... erra..

Dead or not...with that kind of morality Mary Jo is awaiting with a bucket of water for hiim!!

Think..Even if cell phones were around back then at the lake, do you think he would've made a call...I wouldn't bet on it!

Oh look Saver opens his mouth and putrid venom pours out . . . as usual. ::)

Written By: Jessica on 08/26/09 at 10:54 am

Did you expect anything less? ;)

Written By: saver on 08/26/09 at 12:08 pm

Boy 'SOMEONE'S' are either blind to the truth and live in a world where you can't call someone out on lack of decency and what should be an example to ANYONE who SNEAKS out of moral, (Chappaquiddick,Chappaquiddick,Chappaquiddick),responsibility! Dead or Alive..I don't sweep something like that under a rug!

Putrid indeed!

Wake up or continue to eat pablum and politely keep them to yourself.

I speak my mind- as I see it- and I'm sure there are many people who have scruples and would side with my views more- than think we shouldn't beheld accountable for our  actions as we look back over our life.

With Jessica jumping in to concur with you should be enough said you've found good company!
That event alone caused him to lose whatever bid he had to become President and THAT is part of what i base my comments on!

WAKE UP PEOPLE!

Written By: Jessica on 08/26/09 at 12:25 pm

I speak my mind- as I see it- and I'm sure there are many people who have scruples and would side with my views more- than think we shouldn't beheld accountable for our  actions as we look back over our life.

Sucks for you that other people are also allowed to speak their mind on here.  I happen to agree with Reynolds about you and your knack for jumping in with vitriol.  Don't like my viewpoint on you?  Tough shyt.

Written By: danootaandme on 08/26/09 at 12:41 pm

Boy 'SOMEONE'S' are either blind to the truth and live in a world where you can't call someone out on lack of decency and what should be an example to ANYONE who SNEAKS out of moral, (Chappaquiddick,Chappaquiddick,Chappaquiddick),responsibility! Dead or Alive..I don't sweep something like that under a rug!

Putrid indeed!

With Jessica jumping in to concur with you should be enough said you've found good company!
That event alone caused him to lose whatever bid he had to become President and THAT is part of what i base my comments on!

WAKE UP PEOPLE!

Say what you want, but somewhere else.  This is not the place, you are more than welcome start a thread of your own.

Written By: ChuckyG on 08/26/09 at 1:02 pm

Say what you want, but somewhere else.  This is not the place, you are more than welcome start a thread of your own.

agreed... saver, don't bother responding further in this thread please.  Sarah Palin's facebook page has lots of similar comments, go use that for your vitriol.

Written By: Reynolds1863 on 08/26/09 at 1:53 pm

Putrid indeed!

WAKE UP PEOPLE!

http://www.cnn.com/video/#/video/politics/2009/08/26/sot.biden.kennedy.tribute.cnn

Watch the video and then perhaps you'll think a little deeper.

Oh by the way, It wouldn't piss us off so bad if you didn't do this crap every chance you get.

Written By: MrCleveland on 08/26/09 at 3:35 pm

Putrid indeed!

WAKE UP PEOPLE!

Look, Chappaquiddick may have hurt Teddy, Molestations may have hurt Michael Jackson, and Stereotyping High Schoolers may have hurt John Hughes...but leave them alone!

I had to learn the hard way by being opinionated, but if I have to give you a personal letter to you...I'll have to. But when someone dies (even the ones we don't appreciate) we should show a little more respect than this!

Written By: saver on 08/26/09 at 5:57 pm

So true this is suppose to be about remembering and honoring those who have passed on,not dredging up bad things about people.
R.I.P Mr. Kennedy :\'(

I must have misread the messages from others in the past who added comments after words on 'whoever' left us.

I would agree he performed some worthy works in his position. As a person, I have much truth to say that applies.

If this was also to be a 'tribute thread', I was offbase for adding comments addressing how I and others who sharel the same view on one this guy's  most memorable events.

As suggested, I would look to post further on the POLITICS thread. 

What I first gave,was my opinion on him, as it was posted he died,  viitirol or not, it was truth from MY perspective and others who may have not spoken up so succinctly.

Sure, MJ, as well and other high profile people have raised my ire with their personal lives and I would say the same of them if they were alive

..So I will leave further comment off this thread and keep it a shrine for Mr. K.

I follow the 'prophets' who point out the truths in life and refuse to not call-out people for what they did in life that also needs to be taken into consideration.     

Written By: saver on 08/28/09 at 1:38 am

agreed... saver, don't bother responding further in this thread please.  Sarah Palin's facebook page has lots of similar comments, go use that for your vitriol.

Since there is no-SAVER- defends himself thread..briefly..I see there is a bias when a person of political prominence passes and one states their truthful view and they are against the majority of apparent LEFT WING/Democratic politicos,  I am directed to the 'right-wing' online pages.........

FINE. The agenda of this site is exposed....labeling me vitriolic, ILLITERATE-I passed school with a B average in English/Journalism-  (re:backhanded compliiment of CANCERFREECARLOS), yet others may do the same and not be called on it: BELOW EXCERPT WAS PAGE 3 on MJ death thread!
I'm fairly surprised.

I suppose there was bound to be somebody who had the contrary opinion, didn't realize it would be me that was the first.

In no way am I saddened.

The day I mourn a child molesting, pervert, closet freak like Jackson is the same day the Government pries my guns from my cold dead fingers.
(DaveyThrashmister--6/25/09)

BACK TO ME,SAVER,
Sounds along the lines of what you accuse ME of doing.
I hereby stop all polical opinions.

Written By: Reynolds1863 on 08/28/09 at 6:29 am

Since there is no-SAVER- defends himself thread..briefly..I see there is a bias when a person of political prominence passes and one states their truthful view and they are against the majority of apparent LEFT WING/Democratic politicos,  I am directed to the 'right-wing' online pages.........

FINE. The agenda of this site is exposed....labeling me vitriolic, ILLITERATE-I passed school with a B average in English/Journalism-  (re:backhanded compliiment of CANCERFREECARLOS), yet others may do the same and not be called on it: BELOW EXCERPT WAS PAGE 3 on MJ death thread!
I'm fairly surprised.

I suppose there was bound to be somebody who had the contrary opinion, didn't realize it would be me that was the first.

In no way am I saddened.

The day I mourn a child molesting, pervert, closet freak like Jackson is the same day the Government pries my guns from my cold dead fingers.
(DaveyThrashmister--6/25/09)

BACK TO ME,SAVER,

You seem to be comparing decency at a time of a person's death as being left-wing.  You have no manners at all!!!  If Bush died I would try and offer my condolences to his family if I could.  Why?  Because death is not political and it's the proper thing to do.

Written By: danootaandme on 08/28/09 at 8:32 am

Since there is no-SAVER- defends himself thread..

Nothing stopping you from starting one. 

Written By: Don Carlos on 08/28/09 at 2:32 pm

labeling me vitriolic, ILLITERATE-I passed school with a B average in English/Journalism-  (re:backhanded compliiment of CANCERFREECARLOS)

Passed school with a B? On your way where?  Your sentence structure and syntax are barely comprehensible. 

backhanded compliment?  WTF, that was an outright insult.  Guess your vocab isn't so hot either.

Written By: CatwomanofV on 08/28/09 at 4:12 pm

Passed school with a B? On your way where?  Your sentence structure and syntax are barely comprehensible. 

backhanded compliment?  WTF, that was an outright insult.  Guess your vocab isn't so hot either.

Ooh, slam dunk. Ouch.

Cat

Written By: snozberries on 08/28/09 at 7:37 pm

Omg Carlos is my hero!

No disrespect to the remaining Kennedys but can we star a new thread for Teddy and keep bashing saver in this one? It's so much more fun.
:P

Written By: Jessica on 08/28/09 at 10:06 pm

saver,

http://i123.photobucket.com/albums/o283/Nerdprincess1980/Funny/silver_plattered.jpg

Written By: ladybug316 on 08/29/09 at 10:53 am

Don't scare me like that, dammit!  >:( ;D

Written By: La Roche on 08/29/09 at 11:08 am

I'd defend what he's said. But not him.

There's a way to phrase things as valid points and a way to phrase things as bitter vitriol.

Written By: Reynolds1863 on 08/29/09 at 11:09 am

*twiddles thumbs*  Ummm he's probably good with kids and animals.  Hey I'm trying, I really am.

Written By: snozberries on 08/29/09 at 11:17 am

Don't scare me like that, dammit!  >:( ;D

seriously... I was about to tell someone I know to take back that karma I gave you yesterday!  :P

There's a way to phrase things as valid points and a way to phrase things as bitter vitriol.

you see this is how free speech works against us!

*twiddles thumbs*  Ummm he's probably good with kids and animals.  Hey I'm trying, I really am.

Maybe animals....but not necessarily kids... I mean he is the one who wanted the Jackson kids to be told their father was a freak....at his funeral.  ::)

Written By: La Roche on 08/29/09 at 11:37 am

you see this is how free speech works against us!

Well, I actually agree with him most of the time.

Written By: Jessica on 08/29/09 at 11:53 am

Yup.

Except you can actually fashion a coherent sentence and thought.  Most of the time his posts leave me with a giant, "WTF?" hanging over my head.

Written By: snozberries on 08/29/09 at 12:28 pm

Yup.

Except you can actually fashion a coherent sentence and thought.  Most of the time his posts leave me with a giant, "WTF?" hanging over my head.

exactly.

Written By: snozberries on 08/29/09 at 12:29 pm

you have a way of doing it that doesn't actually infuriate me... I may disagree with you but I've never been annoyed by you.

Written By: CatwomanofV on 08/29/09 at 1:04 pm

I disapprove of what you say, but I will defend to the death your right to say it

-Evelyn Beatrice Hall under the pseudonym S G. Tallentyre. (Attributed to Voltaire)

Cat

Written By: Reynolds1863 on 08/29/09 at 1:38 pm

you have a way of doing it that doesn't actually infuriate me... I may disagree with you but I've never been annoyed by you.

The annoyance is done purposefully.  He likes making a person's blood pressure go through the roof.  We seem to fall for it every time.  I guess we've finally had enough.

Written By: snozberries on 08/29/09 at 1:54 pm

The annoyance is done purposefully.  He likes making a person's blood pressure go through the roof.  We seem to fall for it every time.  I guess we've finally had enough.

well you will notice that I have stayed away from more recent topics for this reason alone....if we ignore him maybe he'll eventually just go away.  ::)

Written By: JamieMcBain on 08/29/09 at 1:56 pm

What did Saver, actually do?

???

Written By: snozberries on 08/29/09 at 1:58 pm

???

besides just being saver?  ;)

Written By: JamieMcBain on 08/29/09 at 2:11 pm

besides just being saver?  ;)

Oh.

Written By: snozberries on 08/29/09 at 2:34 pm

Oh.

just kidding... this thread is actually a response to something he posted in the Teddy Kennedy Thread in Celeb Heaven.

Written By: JamieMcBain on 08/29/09 at 2:41 pm

just kidding... this thread is actually a response to something he posted in the Teddy Kennedy Thread in Celeb Heaven.

???   :o

What did he post?

Update:

I read his post, wow..... way to put your foot in your mouth.

::)

Written By: snozberries on 08/29/09 at 3:38 pm

???   :o

What did he post?

Update:

I read his post, wow..... way to put your foot in your mouth.

::)

you see now why i was reluctant to repeat it... its just too hard to capture when you paraphrase.

Written By: Jessica on 08/29/09 at 4:07 pm

What really gets my goat is that ChuckyG told him to drop it and not post in that thread, yet he continued to do so.  How are you supposed to respect someone who blatantly ignores what the head commander dude asks of you?  I mean, yeah, I'm an evil cow for the most part, but I tend to do what the mods/admins ask of me.

Written By: snozberries on 08/29/09 at 5:04 pm

What really gets my goat is that ChuckyG told him to drop it and not post in that thread, yet he continued to do so.  How are you supposed to respect someone who blatantly ignores what the head commander dude asks of you?  I mean, yeah, I'm an evil cow for the most part, but I tend to do what the mods/admins ask of me.

that just means you're smarter than the average saver.  ;)

Written By: MaxwellSmart on 08/29/09 at 7:41 pm

What do you call comic relief when it's not funny?

http://www.inthe00s.com/smile/12/dontknow.gif

Written By: JamieMcBain on 08/29/09 at 8:27 pm

What do you call comic relief when it's not funny?

http://www.inthe00s.com/smile/12/dontknow.gif

Carrot Top?

;D

Written By: Jessica on 08/29/09 at 8:33 pm

that just means you're smarter than the average saver.  ;)

;D

Carrot Top?

;D

Someone give Jamie karamel for me! :D

Written By: Foo Bar on 08/29/09 at 9:49 pm

Saver:  Context and timing, dude.  I'll lambaste Jackson where he deserves it, but I'll also let the body chill for a few hours, and I'll also temper the lulz with the fact that however farked up his personal life was, he was a cultural icon.  Your posts tend to lack a certain subtlety, and you get flamed for it.  Even when I want to agree with you, a lot of those flames are justified.  Chill.  And consider the context. 

Everyone else:  Timing, dudes and dudettes.  How 'bout a modest proposal -- when the body's cold, he's fair game.  Say, 48-72 hours, tops.

Ted?  I respect his ancestors for being rum-runners - he comes from a long line of criminals, but that was back in the days when criminals had class.  I think most of the modern-day descendants are a bunch of louts.  The Kennedys have become the Paris Hiltons of politics; they don't die because whackjobs take potshots at them, they die because they're skiing into trees, and sometimes they take their friends with them because they're flying in conditions above their skill levels, in aircraft above their skill levels, and because being rich enough to buy a nice plane doesn't make you smart enough to ignore your inner ear and trust your instruments.

Ted himself?  He straddled that middle ground between his family's classy rum-running heritage, and the front-yard-raping, tree-skiing, plane-sinking idiocy of his descendants.  He was American Royalty to be sure - anyone who can drive drunk, leave his date to drown, and not bother to call the cops until the next morning when he's safely sobered up, and get away with it has a strong pimp hand.  Unlike the previous generation of Kennedys, he had to explain it away.  But unlike the subsequent generation of Kennedys, did get away with it.  (Chappaquiddick should be a nonpartisan issue, but if you really wanna make Chappaquiddick a partisan issue, it's a short conversation -- Laura Bush used a car to kill a guy too, but she waited for the cops to show up.  Outside of American Royalty, that's the difference between DUI causing death, vs a string of felonies including failure-to-remain/hit-and-run, criminal negligence causing death, and yes, manslaughter.)

I wasn't one of Ted's constituents; didn't even live in his state.  Didn't benefit from the programmes he instituted, because most of them were explicitly targeted away from me, even though they were funded with my tax dollars.  I disagreed with a lot of his politics, but I'll raise a glass to him in grudging respect -- he was, after all, able to get things done.  If the measure of a politician is the amount of pork he brings back to his state, and his rank in the Aristocracy of Pull - and let's be honest, it is - I don't fault his constituents for continuing to elect him.

So let's get to the important stuff.  Can we at least warm up with pictures of the old VW advertisement saying "If Ted had driven one of these, he'd have been President" or what? :)

Anyways. The body's cold.  The Lion of the Senate sleeps tonight.  Let it go.  Water under the bridge.  Circle of life...

Written By: Jessica on 08/29/09 at 11:11 pm

I really need to get my post count up so I can start awarding karamel.

Written By: danootaandme on 08/30/09 at 6:01 am

I'll raise a glass to him in grudging respect -- he was, after all, able to get things done.  If the measure of a politician is the amount of pork he brings back to his state, and his rank in the Aristocracy of Pull - and let's be honest, it is - I don't fault his constituents for continuing to elect him.

And there you have it.  Teddy is loved in Massachusetts because he went to Washington to serve us, and serve us he did.  If you listened to the stories you heard time and time again that if you called his office, it didn't matter who you were, you got the help or the answers you needed. There are people who hated the man but when his name was on the ballot the pulled the lever next to it because love him or hate him he worked for you.  One commentator had it right, he said Massachusetts will probably now become a political backwater, and we will probably pay a price for the good years that Kennedy brought us.  That will only make his memory fonder. 

Written By: danootaandme on 08/30/09 at 7:37 am

The Kennedys have become the Paris Hiltons of politics

People believe, for some reason, that just the name Kennedy in Massachusetts opens all doors.  It doesn't.  We love Ted because Ted loved Massachusetts, the next generation, except for Joe, are not Massachusetts Kennedys and do not, by any means, have the mystique that the name once engendered.  People did not stand in the rain to support the Kennedy family(as was reported), they stood in the rain to say goodbye to Ted. If Joe decides to run for Teds seat he will probably take it, but then Joe has stayed here, works in public service, has been to congress before, and considering the field of likely runners is actually probably the best one for the job, but that isn't saying much.  If any other Kennedy was to show up here the attitude is "So your name is Kennedy, what's that make you?"  We are a loyal lot, but that loyalty has to be earned on an individual level. As much as we love to stand by someone we are just as happy to slap them down.  It is just "the way we do"

Written By: LyricBoy on 08/30/09 at 8:36 am

People believe, for some reason, that just the name Kennedy in Massachusetts opens all doors.  It doesn't.  We love Ted because Ted loved Massachusetts, the next generation, except for Joe, are not Massachusetts Kennedys and do not, by any means, have the mystique that the name once engendered.  People did not stand in the rain to support the Kennedy family(as was reported), they stood in the rain to say goodbye to Ted. If Joe decides to run for Teds seat he will probably take it, but then Joe has stayed here, works in public service, has been to congress before, and considering the field of likely runners is actually probably the best one for the job, but that isn't saying much.  If any other Kennedy was to show up here the attitude is "So your name is Kennedy, what's that make you?"  We are a loyal lot, but that loyalty has to be earned on an individual level. As much as we love to stand by someone we are just as happy to slap them down.  It is just "the way we do"

Which Kennedy is the dude that's buddies with Hugo Chavez?  Is that Joe?  Or one of the others...

Written By: snozberries on 08/30/09 at 9:54 am

;D

done! O0

Written By: CatwomanofV on 08/30/09 at 12:35 pm

;D

You got it. (And one for you, too.)

Cat

Written By: Tam on 08/30/09 at 1:05 pm

hehe hoohoo heehee!!

I am going to clean up the Kennedy thread... all posts I am taking out from there I shall add over here.

Carlos - I am hoping to keep this as your thread - I will find a way to do it! I promise!

hehe hoohoo! ;D

Written By: CatwomanofV on 08/30/09 at 1:23 pm

hehe hoohoo heehee!!

I am going to clean up the Kennedy thread... all posts I am taking out from there I shall add over here.

Carlos - I am hoping to keep this as your thread - I will find a way to do it! I promise!

hehe hoohoo! ;D

Well, he did steal the idea from me.  ;)  :D  ;D ;D

Cat

Written By: Tam on 08/30/09 at 1:38 pm

Well, he did steal the idea from me.  ;)  :D  ;D ;D

Cat

Haha! Excellent!

Written By: Tam on 08/30/09 at 1:41 pm

Ok, the topics have been split and reformed.
Carlos - I took one of your other posts from another thread, copied what was in it and transferred the post here. Then moved the initial post from here back to the other thread and copied the original post in it. Have I lost you yet? lol

I want to reply, and I will, but right now isn't the time. It wouldn't be what I want it to say, so I shall wait until I have all my thughts collected and then hit y'all with it! ;D ;D

Written By: snozberries on 08/30/09 at 2:01 pm

this was already a good thread but you just made this thread like ten times better!  :)  O0

Written By: danootaandme on 08/30/09 at 3:40 pm

Which Kennedy is the dude that's buddies with Hugo Chavez?  Is that Joe?  Or one of the others...

I have an answer for this, but it seems like we have over hijacked this thread. 

Written By: snozberries on 08/30/09 at 4:02 pm

I have an answer for this, but it seems like we have over hijacked this thread. 

I was wondering when you'd notice normally I'm all for thread jacking but in this case it takes away from the fun!  ;)

Written By: Tam on 08/30/09 at 4:36 pm

^^ Now I have to go back through this thread and move these posts to the Kennedy thread?

Does that sound right?
Or because of Foobar's reply - it should stay here?

I am sooooooooooooo confused! ;D :D

Written By: MrCleveland on 08/30/09 at 4:38 pm

And I thought I was the bad boy here. (I'm just moody, that's all).

That shall go to Saver.

Written By: snozberries on 08/30/09 at 4:42 pm

BACK TO ME,SAVER,

I'm not holding my breath or anything but this the closest I've ever come to actual prayer!  ;)

Written By: CatwomanofV on 08/30/09 at 5:08 pm

^^ Now I have to go back through this thread and move these posts to the Kennedy thread?

Does that sound right?
Or because of Foobar's reply - it should stay here?

I am sooooooooooooo confused! ;D :D

There was a post of Carlos on the other thread that should probably go here.  ;)

Cat

Written By: MaxwellSmart on 08/31/09 at 12:24 am

That's Joe Kennedy.  He and Hugo have this sick-o notion that poor people shouldn't be cold in the winter!
http://www.inthe00s.com/smile/10/sqcold.gif

Written By: danootaandme on 08/31/09 at 4:33 am

That's Joe Kennedy.  He and Hugo have this sick-o notion that poor people shouldn't be cold in the winter!
http://www.inthe00s.com/smile/10/sqcold.gif

Ok, I can weigh in.  The "liberal press" slammed Joe getting hugely discounted oil from Chavez for the sick, elderly, and poor, for what they said was "dealing with a tyrant".  The Rovian waving of arms and indignation, and the people who don't go past page one all joined in.  The press didn't go into detail about how the US is a major trade partner, many many, companies are involved in trade with Venuzuala before during and after, and diplomatic issues never interfered with that, but for some reason providing discounted oil to the above said sick, elderly, and poor, and acknowledging that fact was somehow beyond the pale.

Hint:  the key word here is OIL

Written By: danootaandme on 08/31/09 at 6:47 am

I wasn't one of Ted's constituents; didn't even live in his state.  Didn't benefit from the programmes he instituted, because most of them were explicitly targeted away from me, even though they were funded with my tax dollars.

Ted authored or co-authored 2500 bills.  There are many who have benefited from them though they may not know, or acknowledge, it.  If you have ever attended school, been to a hospital, worked for wages, have been disabled, or have children(no matter what their status) then you have benefited from the programs he instituted.

Written By: Don Carlos on 08/31/09 at 10:45 am

Ok, I can weigh in.  The "liberal press" slammed Joe getting hugely discounted oil from Chavez for the sick, elderly, and poor, for what they said was "dealing with a tyrant".  The Rovian waving of arms and indignation, and the people who don't go past page one all joined in.  The press didn't go into detail about how the US is a major trade partner, many many, companies are involved in trade with Venuzuala before during and after, and diplomatic issues never interfered with that, but for some reason providing discounted oil to the above said sick, elderly, and poor, and acknowledging that fact was somehow beyond the pale.

Hint:  the key word here is OIL

Some folks in Vermont also benefited from Hugo's generosity.  Imagine, the U.S. receiving "foreign aid.  Mind boggling

Written By: Reynolds1863 on 08/31/09 at 11:20 am

Some folks in Vermont also benefited from Hugo's generosity.  Imagine, the U.S. receiving "foreign aid.  Mind boggling

Side note ~ Republicans are bitching about Bill Richardson going down to Cuba to meet with Fidel. ::)

Actually we don't mind receiving foreign aid from some oil producing companies like Saudi Arabia.  It just we don't like those nasty Socialist south of us.

Written By: Brian06 on 08/31/09 at 11:59 am

I never understood why Hugo and Fidel are so evil yet we're so cozy with authoritarian countries like China and Saudi Arabia...oh wait I think I know the reason, $$$$$$.

Written By: CatwomanofV on 08/31/09 at 12:38 pm

Side note ~ Republicans are bitching about Bill Richardson going down to Cuba to meet with Fidel. ::)

Actually we don't mind receiving foreign aid from some oil producing companies like Saudi Arabia.  It just we don't like those nasty Socialist south of us.

Our Lt. Gov. (who is a Republican at that) has made many trips to Cuba for trade purposes. He is one Repub who WANTS to end the embargo. For that reason alone is one of the reasons why I like him. Yes, it is true-there is a Repub that has my respect.  :D ;D ;D

I never understood why Hugo and Fidel are so evil yet we're so cozy with authoritarian countries like China and Saudi Arabia...oh wait I think I know the reason, $$$$$$.

Couldn't have said it better myself.

Cat

Written By: danootaandme on 09/01/09 at 5:55 am

It was little reported that during the 2004 elections their were U.N. observers in Florida

Written By: ChuckyG on 09/01/09 at 10:27 am

Putrid indeed!

WAKE UP PEOPLE!

Still wondering what obit he read that DIDN'T mention Chappaquiddick?  The Boston Globe had almost half a page on it in their obit for him the day he died.  I still see articles from right-leaning people show up in google news that state something like "since no one else has mentioned it"  before going into some lecture about Chappaquiddick.  I have to think, "Really? Can you show me an example of it not being mentioned?" After 40 years has his name been brought up without some Republican thug chiming in Chappaquiddick as some sort of means to disregard everything he said?

So what great truth is somehow being ignored or overlooked?  How are 40 year old tasteless jokes "meaningful" commentary?

Written By: ninny on 09/01/09 at 10:37 am

Great quote from Mr. Kennedy's mass by his son Ted Jr.  ""He even taught me some of life's harder lessons, such as how to like Republicans."

Written By: Jessica on 09/01/09 at 11:08 am

Saver hasn't logged in since August 28th.  I wonder if we will eventually get another new member who conveniently posts and acts like him.....

Written By: MaxwellSmart on 09/01/09 at 11:09 am

Saver hasn't logged in since August 28th.  I wonder if we will eventually get another new member who conveniently posts and acts like him.....

They have to take the straightjacket off before he can log back in....

Written By: CatwomanofV on 09/01/09 at 11:27 am

OMG-I just had a thought. Maybe Saver is really Glenn Beck.  :o :o :o

Cat

Written By: snozberries on 09/01/09 at 2:03 pm

or if  we'll see a return of iquestion  ;D

Written By: MrCleveland on 09/01/09 at 5:28 pm

Hell, I wanted my name changed...but that's a REALLY long story that I don't want to get into.

Written By: Jessica on 09/01/09 at 9:11 pm

or if  we'll see a return of iquestion  ;D

iwonder.....???

Written By: Foo Bar on 09/01/09 at 9:26 pm

Well, from what I can tell, the guy said some bad things about Ted Kennedy in the Ted Kennedy memorial thread, a bunch of Ted's fans told him to knock it off, and he needs to work on his timing and his rhetorical skills.  I hope the guy comes back - wasn't a big fan of his arguments, but it's only through the cut and parry of argument that rhetoric can be learned.  I say, game on.  To people who care about which side wins a debate, both sides benefit from each other's presence.  Those talking points don't debunk themselves.

And there you have it.  Teddy is loved in Massachusetts because he went to Washington to serve us, and serve us he did.  If you listened to the stories you heard time and time again that if you called his office, it didn't matter who you were, you got the help or the answers you needed. There are people who hated the man but when his name was on the ballot the pulled the lever next to it because love him or hate him he worked for you.  One commentator had it right, he said Massachusetts will probably now become a political backwater, and we will probably pay a price for the good years that Kennedy brought us.  That will only make his memory fonder. 

Karma for that explanation - and timely reminder that all politics is local.

Never lived in MA, never understood why y'all kept voting for him.  That answers a lot, and raises my estimation of the guy somewhat.  If he really did respond on occasion, even as symbolic gestures of noblesse oblige, to the requests of his subjects, it makes a lot more sense.  From the perspective of Kalifornistan, he seemed like just another blowhard who rose to the top on his family connections, and out of sympathy for the untimely ends of his brothers. 

But hearing it from someone who appears to have lived in MA, yeah, I can see how that matters - when you've got the kingpin charing committees and stamping his name on bills, the dollars flow your way - and when you've got a kingpin who actually does the odd favor for his constituents, you've got someone who's less of a blowhard and more of a Godfather.  And I can respect the Godfather of MA politics.  (That is, after all, all a Godfather asks.  Just some respect.  When people ask for these things.  That they wish to be done.  They are easy to do.  But one must ask for them ... with respect.)

So, Ted, not a big fan, but if you actually earned the loyalty of your constituents by the doing of thousands of small favors for hundreds of constituents, rather than the multibillion-dollar corruption on behalf of a few dozen lobbyists that we typically associate with federal politics, here's a posthumous toast to you, and to the fact that all politics is local.

OMG-I just had a thought. Maybe Saver is really Glenn Beck.  :o :o :o

Naw.  Like his politics or not, Saver's got a pretty clean record relative to Glenn Beck.

I mean, you ever try googling Glenn Beck?  There's a completely bogus rumor going around today that Glenn Beck raped and murdered a girl in 1990, and it just went viral.  Both of those facts1 are absolutely true.

1 Yup, the rumor going round2 is completely bogus.
2 And that's pretty much the definition of "it's gone viral", isn't it?

Written By: MaxwellSmart on 09/01/09 at 9:34 pm

I mean, you ever try googling Glenn Beck?  There's a completely bogus rumor going around today that Glenn Beck raped and murdered a girl in 1990, and it just went viral.  Both of those facts1 are absolutely true.

I heard his Teddy Ruxpin told him to do it. 

Here's to OLIGARHY!

8)

Written By: Jessica on 09/01/09 at 9:39 pm

Well, from what I can tell, the guy said some bad things about Ted Kennedy in the Ted Kennedy memorial thread, a bunch of Ted's fans told him to knock it off, and he needs to work on his timing and his rhetorical skills.  I hope the guy comes back - wasn't a big fan of his arguments, but it's only through the cut and parry of argument that rhetoric can be learned.  I say, game on.  To people who care about which side wins a debate, both sides benefit from each other's presence.  Those talking points don't debunk themselves.

It wasn't just the Kennedy thread.  Saver has a tradition of being slightly mad or incoherent in his posts.  I think the smack talking he did this past time just finally raised everyone's ire.

Like you though, I'm hoping he comes back, if not for his usefulness as an easy target, then for his unintentional hilarity.

Written By: Red Ant on 09/01/09 at 10:25 pm

http://glennbeckrapedandmurderedayounggirlin1990.com/

wow, this is the biggest smear campaign I've ever seen on the internet. It couldn't have happened to a nicer guy. epic lulz. Makes me want to watch Beck just to see him implode on TV.

In defense of saver, he doesn't have the entire internetz against him.

Ant

Written By: philbo on 09/02/09 at 4:02 am

I hope the guy comes back - wasn't a big fan of his arguments, but it's only through the cut and parry of argument that rhetoric can be learned.  I say, game on.  To people who care about which side wins a debate, both sides benefit from each other's presence.  Those talking points don't debunk themselves.

Personally, I don't really give a proverbial flying fornication either way: he rarely argued, but would post unsupported anti-Dem allegations then vanish from the thread when they got blown out of the water.  He didn't seem to be trying to learn how to argue, he was behaving more like a post-and-run troll for a lot of the time.  It would have been nice if once in a while he actually admitted that the, let's face it, out-and-out lies that he posted were untrue.

Written By: danootaandme on 09/02/09 at 6:45 am

Never lived in MA, never understood why y'all kept voting for him.  That answers a lot, and raises my estimation of the guy somewhat.  If he really did respond on occasion, even as symbolic gestures of noblesse oblige, to the requests of his subjects, it makes a lot more sense.  From the perspective of Kalifornistan, he seemed like just another blowhard who rose to the top on his family connections, and out of sympathy for the untimely ends of his brothers. 

He did rise to the top because of his connections, so did his brothers, but once he got there he wasn't just another rich kid with a free pass. That made us love him even more.  Considering what happened to his brothers he could have walked away, everyone expected him to, and who could have blamed him? We know he was far from an ideal person, he was a drunken womanizer most of his life, and we know there are lots of ugly stories about his private life, but in you couldn't have asked for a better representative in the Senate, there aren't too many who won't concede that. 

Written By: ChuckyG on 09/02/09 at 8:56 am

http://glennbeckrapedandmurderedayounggirlin1990.com/

wow, this is the biggest smear campaign I've ever seen on the internet. It couldn't have happened to a nicer guy. epic lulz. Makes me want to watch Beck just to see him implode on TV.

In defense of saver, he doesn't have the entire internetz against him.

Ant

yeah they've been having fun with it on reddit yesterday and today, was going to start a thread over here too, but never got around to it

Written By: statsqueen on 09/03/09 at 3:18 pm

Personally, I don't really give a proverbial flying fornication either way: he rarely argued, but would post unsupported anti-Dem allegations then vanish from the thread when they got blown out of the water.  He didn't seem to be trying to learn how to argue, he was behaving more like a post-and-run troll for a lot of the time.  It would have been nice if once in a while he actually admitted that the, let's face it, out-and-out lies that he posted were untrue.

:D Could we please refer to him as something other than a "troll" because he could give the rest of us a bad name (trolls where I come from are those of us who live in Michigan's lower penisula--the mitten--"under the bridge" hence troll).  I happen to be fond of my troll status and wouldn't want it to be tarnished by association.  ;) 

Sorry, couldn't resist!

Written By: MrCleveland on 09/03/09 at 4:25 pm

:D Could we please refer to him as something other than a "troll" because he could give the rest of us a bad name (trolls where I come from are those of us who live in Michigan's lower penisula--the mitten--"under the bridge" hence troll).  I happen to be fond of my troll status and wouldn't want it to be tarnished by association.  ;) 

Sorry, couldn't resist!

That's fine.

I found a wiki about internet trollings anyhow....

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Troll_(Internet)#Etymology

And believe me...I was one at one time. :-[

Written By: statsqueen on 09/04/09 at 9:40 am

That's fine.

I found a wiki about internet trollings anyhow....

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Troll_(Internet)#Etymology

And believe me...I was one at one time. :-[

I read the article.  :-[  :(  I don't want to be known as a troll anymore unless it is clear that it isn't the definition above....

Written By: snozberries on 09/04/09 at 11:33 am

I read the article.  :-http://i47.photobucket.com/albums/f155/Laimbrane/troll-doll.gif

Written By: MrCleveland on 09/04/09 at 1:54 pm

I think the only person who would ever be a Troll nut would be Mimi Bobeck!

God, I miss "The Drew Carey Show".

Written By: statsqueen on 09/04/09 at 2:43 pm

too late.... from hence forth when I think stats I see

http://i47.photobucket.com/albums/f155/Laimbrane/troll-doll.gif

hahahahaha  That's just how I feel at work most some days....  :P

I think the only person who would ever be a Troll nut would be Mimi Bobeck!

God, I miss "The Drew Carey Show".

Better her than me.  I liked it in the beginning, then I thought they went over the top with the singing and dancing episodes.  Maybe they should give the cast their own season of DWTS/AI.  ;)

Check for new replies or respond here...