» OLD MESSAGE ARCHIVES «
The Pop Culture Information Society...
Messageboard Archive Index, In The 00s - The Pop Culture Information Society

Welcome to the archived messages from In The 00s. This archive stretches back to 1998 in some instances, and contains a nearly complete record of all the messages posted to inthe00s.com. You will also find an archive of the messages from inthe70s.com, inthe80s.com, inthe90s.com and amiright.com before they were combined to form the inthe00s.com messageboard.

If you are looking for the active messages, please click here. Otherwise, use the links below or on the right hand side of the page to navigate the archives.

Custom Search

Subject: Couple deny California abduction

Written By: Philip Eno on 08/29/09 at 4:03 am

Full report on BBC News Online

A man and his wife have denied abducting California woman Jaycee Lee Dugard when she was a child and holding her in their home for 18 years.

Phillip and Nancy Garrido denied 29 charges including kidnap, rape and false imprisonment when they appeared briefly in court in El Dorado County.

Ms Dugard was bundled into a car in the county in 1991 on her way to school.

Police are also searching the Garrido home in Antioch for clues to several prostitute murders in the 1990s.

Several bodies in the unsolved murders were dumped near an industrial park where Mr Garrido worked.

Ms Dugard and two children she bore in captivity in Antioch, 200 miles (320km) away from where she was abducted, were freed this week.

They are staying at a motel near San Francisco after being reunited with Ms Dugard's mother, Terri Probyn.

Ms Probyn told her ex-husband, Carl Probyn, that Ms Dugard appeared young but healthy.

She added that her daughter felt "really guilty for bonding with this guy", Mr Probyn told CBS news.

Mr Probyn, who saw his step-daughter being snatched from a bus stop in 1991, said: "Jaycee has strong feelings with this guy. She really feels it's almost like a marriage."

Subject: Re: Couple deny California abduction

Written By: Philip Eno on 08/29/09 at 4:05 am

Yesterday once I knew the address I checked out Google Street and any Satelitte views, and the house and blue tents in the backyard can be seen.

Written By: LyricBoy on 08/29/09 at 5:59 am

One more reason why violent rapists should have all sexual organs surgically removed.

These guys are classical recidivists.

Written By: Philip Eno on 08/29/09 at 6:01 am

One more reason why violent rapists should have all sexual organs surgically removed.

These guys are classical recidivists.
Having all sexual organs surgically removed cannot still stop them from kidnapping, so castration is not enough.

Written By: ninny on 08/29/09 at 6:15 am

Yesterday once I knew the address I checked out Google Street and any Satelitte views, and the house and blue tents in the backyard can be seen.

The police went to the house in 2006 and did not find any wrong doings..What!!!!
Thank God for the campus police at University of California, Berkeley.

Written By: Philip Eno on 08/29/09 at 6:19 am

The police went to the house in 2006 and did not find any wrong doings..What!!!!
Thank God for the campus police at University of California, Berkeley.
Neighbours have reported of children playing in the backyard, and again nothing happened regarding the police.

Written By: ninny on 08/29/09 at 6:27 am

Neighbours have reported of children playing in the backyard, and again nothing happened regarding the police.

He was on parole, you would of thought they would of done a better job looking around.

Written By: danootaandme on 08/29/09 at 7:18 am

He was on parole, you would of thought they would of done a better job looking around.

On parole for as a sexual offender!!! Neighbors called and informed police he was a sexual offender and there were children in the home.  They could have/should have removed the children immediately. 

Written By: ninny on 08/29/09 at 7:36 am

On parole for as a sexual offender!!! Neighbors called and informed police he was a sexual offender and there were children in the home.  They could have/should have removed the children immediately. 

That's what I don't understand, why the officers that went there did nothing.

Written By: ladybug316 on 08/29/09 at 8:22 am

This is so disturbing and heartbreaking on so many levels  :(

Written By: Philip Eno on 08/29/09 at 9:42 am

Does he have children of his own?

Written By: ninny on 08/29/09 at 10:17 am

I have not found any mention of children.

Written By: Jessica on 08/29/09 at 11:56 am

Just the two he fathered with the kidnapped girl.

I'm stunned that this douchenozzle and his wife deny wrongdoing.

Written By: Philip Eno on 08/29/09 at 11:59 am

It is clear on what the two have done and there will be a great expensive of having a court case over it.

Written By: Reynolds1863 on 08/29/09 at 1:40 pm

That's what I don't understand, why the officers that went there did nothing.

He hide it very well.  Sometimes cops don't do much of anything unless someone is screaming bloody murder.

Written By: Reynolds1863 on 08/29/09 at 1:42 pm

He meet the wife in prison so one can assume she's the type who would deny wrongdoing.

Written By: JamieMcBain on 08/29/09 at 1:42 pm

Denial, the last refuge for cowards....

::)

This is so sad on so many levels.

Written By: Reynolds1863 on 08/29/09 at 1:47 pm

Denial, the last refuge for cowards....

::)

This is so sad on so many levels.

The guy considers the whole kidnapping and holding of the girl heartwarming.  He claims they took really good care of her. ::)

Written By: JamieMcBain on 08/29/09 at 1:52 pm

The guy considers the whole kidnapping and holding of the girl heartwarming.  He claims they took really good care of her. ::)

WTF?

Heartwarming?  Is he out of his ******** mind?

Little House On The Praire is heartwarming, puppies are heartwarming, kittens being born are heartworming.

The guy is a mother****** psycho!

>:(

Written By: JamieMcBain on 08/29/09 at 1:53 pm

The working defintion of heartwarming.....

heart·warming (härt′wôrm′iŋ)

adjective

such as to kindle a warm glow of genial feelings.

From Webster's New World College Dictionary

Written By: Reynolds1863 on 08/29/09 at 6:27 pm

WTF?

Heartwarming?   Is he out of his ******** mind?

Little House On The Praire is heartwarming, puppies are heartwarming, kittens being born are heartworming.

The guy is a mother****** psycho!

The psycho's Father says he's out of his mind so the answer is yes.

Written By: MaxwellSmart on 08/29/09 at 7:22 pm

It's not as sick as the Fritzel case in Austria, but it kinda reminds me of that. 

18 years is a long time to re-mold a person's brain, especially if you start at the age of 11. 

Check for new replies or respond here...