» OLD MESSAGE ARCHIVES «
The Pop Culture Information Society...
Messageboard Archive Index, In The 00s - The Pop Culture Information Society

Welcome to the archived messages from In The 00s. This archive stretches back to 1998 in some instances, and contains a nearly complete record of all the messages posted to inthe00s.com. You will also find an archive of the messages from inthe70s.com, inthe80s.com, inthe90s.com and amiright.com before they were combined to form the inthe00s.com messageboard.

If you are looking for the active messages, please click here. Otherwise, use the links below or on the right hand side of the page to navigate the archives.

Custom Search

Subject: Massachusetts Republicans and the Senate

Written By: danootaandme on 09/07/09 at 6:53 am

People around the country always look to Massachusetts as the liberal state and wonder why we continually stay the course when it comes to the senate.  Well, the filling of Ted Kennedys seat is why.  The Dems who have jumped into the race are the state attorney general and a state representative.  We are waiting for Joe Kennedy to say the word, but not sure it will happen, but he has served in congress before and now runs a non-profit.  As for the Republicans, the name being batted around most is speculation on Curt Schilling, you know, the recently retired baseball player.  ::)  I think that explains a lot.

Subject: Re: Massachusetts Republicans and the Senate

Written By: ChuckyG on 09/07/09 at 8:10 am

People around the country always look to Massachusetts as the liberal state and wonder why we continually stay the course when it comes to the senate.  Well, the filling of Ted Kennedys seat is why.  The Dems who have jumped into the race are the state attorney general and a state representative.  We are waiting for Joe Kennedy to say the word, but not sure it will happen, but he has served in congress before and now runs a non-profit.  As for the Republicans, the name being batted around most is speculation on Curt Schilling, you know, the recently retired baseball player.   ::)   I think that explains a lot.

It's almost as if the Republicans don't want to try and put up a serious contender for the seat.

Written By: danootaandme on 09/07/09 at 9:32 am

It's almost as if the Republicans don't want to try and put up a serious contender for the seat.

It drives me nuts.  They whine about the democrats having a stranglehold, but they are strangling themselves.  I don't think they ever really courted Ralph Martin when he would have been, I believe, a shoe in for any office he ran for. They give us the cut and run gang of Weld, Celluci, and Romney for governor and wonder why the state is gun shy when it comes to that seat.  Honestly!!

Written By: JamieMcBain on 09/07/09 at 9:33 am

People around the country always look to Massachusetts as the liberal state and wonder why we continually stay the course when it comes to the senate.  Well, the filling of Ted Kennedys seat is why.  The Dems who have jumped into the race are the state attorney general and a state representative.  We are waiting for Joe Kennedy to say the word, but not sure it will happen, but he has served in congress before and now runs a non-profit.  As for the Republicans, the name being batted around most is speculation on Curt Schilling, you know, the recently retired baseball player.   ::)   I think that explains a lot.

Curt Schilling? Seriously?

::)

Written By: danootaandme on 09/07/09 at 9:43 am

Curt Schilling? Seriously?

I kid you not.  Locally, the head of the Republican party, in a 5 second blip, said he thought it a good idea and would welcome him into the race.

www.nesn.com/2009/09/schilling-considers-running-for-senate-seat.html

Written By: JamieMcBain on 09/07/09 at 9:46 am

I kid you not.  Locally, the head of the Republican party, in a 5 second blip, said he thought it a good idea and would welcome him into the race.

WTF?

Written By: ChuckyG on 09/07/09 at 11:13 am

Further proof the state is "liberal" only because the GOP doesn't want to put any effort into trying to win it.

Written By: Macphisto on 09/09/09 at 10:21 pm

I suppose Schilling made a few good pitches for the office...   ;)  Although if he actually ran, that would be quite a curveball.

Written By: danootaandme on 09/10/09 at 6:27 am

A month after he got was traded to Boston the guys gave him a nickname in the locker room, "The Shill" .  Poor thing was in a snit so they were told to stop.  ::)    The name does pop up now and again.

Written By: LyricBoy on 09/10/09 at 8:10 am

I woulda thought Yastremski would pull in more votes than Schilling.  ;D

Written By: danootaandme on 09/10/09 at 5:42 pm

A Man-on-the-Street poll was taken, Shill got the thumbs down.  Let's see if he takes the hint.

Written By: MaxwellSmart on 09/10/09 at 7:55 pm

What happened to AG Martha Coakley?  I thought she was gonna run.

Maybe Ritt Momney will go for it...nooooooooo!!!!!!

:o

Written By: ChuckyG on 09/10/09 at 8:25 pm

he already said no... he's still got his eyes on the White House, and I'm sure a loss in Mass. would look bad on the old resume.

Written By: danootaandme on 09/10/09 at 8:43 pm

Coakely was the first one to pull papers and get in the race.  I have serious issues with her.  She helped railroad the Amiraults in that travesty of justice "Fells Acres Day Care" case.  She refuses to get up and admit it.  Every other day care witch hunt fessed up to the injustice, but not those involved in Fells Acres.  I feel closer to it since it happened in my home town.  I didn't know the Amiraults, but I know people who do.  It should never have happened and she should make it right.

Check for new replies or respond here...