» OLD MESSAGE ARCHIVES «
The Pop Culture Information Society...
Messageboard Archive Index, In The 00s - The Pop Culture Information Society

Welcome to the archived messages from In The 00s. This archive stretches back to 1998 in some instances, and contains a nearly complete record of all the messages posted to inthe00s.com. You will also find an archive of the messages from inthe70s.com, inthe80s.com, inthe90s.com and amiright.com before they were combined to form the inthe00s.com messageboard.

If you are looking for the active messages, please click here. Otherwise, use the links below or on the right hand side of the page to navigate the archives.

Custom Search

Subject: Coast Guard drops the ball

Written By: Mushroom on 09/11/09 at 10:04 am

Well, in a screw up to match the Air Forces flight of a 747 through New York, the Coast Guard have now had their own little training exercise gone wrong.

Right before leaving for dinner, I was watching the 9-11 memorial services.  And they broke in to show and talk about an incident going on in the Patomic River.  From what they could tell, it appeared that a small craft had entered into a restricted area, and they were chasing it down.  And over the radio (apparently they were useing unsecured frequencies), they could hear people talking about shots fired.

But when I got back from eating, it appears that it was all a training exercise.

Of all days, why do training like this today?  And not only that, but do it in broad daylight, without announcing that they will be doing this training.

And why use unsecured radio frequencies?  The Army and Marines use almost exclusively secure and scrambled radios for communication.  My unit not only uses the military scrambled radios for official communications, we have commercial Motorola scrambled hand helds for the security force.

I am sure some big changes will come of this.  And somebody should be making an apology for this poor decision.

Subject: Re: Coast Guard drops the ball

Written By: JamieMcBain on 09/11/09 at 10:07 am

My guess, someone's finger is gonna point towards Obama...... as usual.

::)

Written By: Mushroom on 09/11/09 at 12:19 pm

My guess, someone's finger is gonna point towards Obama...... as usual.

If somebody does that, they are a fool.  The President is in no way responsible for every single action that the military (or any other branch of the Government) does.

It is probably the fault of some Commander or Captain, that thought this would be a good day to do some training.

Written By: LyricBoy on 09/11/09 at 1:49 pm

If somebody does that, they are a fool.  The President is in no way responsible for every single action that the military (or any other branch of the Government) does.

It is probably the fault of some Commander or Captain, that thought this would be a good day to do some training.

Well actually as commander in chief he IS responsible.  But that does not mean that he is to blame...

Written By: MaxwellSmart on 09/11/09 at 8:21 pm

I've been noticing just how far stupid people really do get in life.

Check for new replies or respond here...