» OLD MESSAGE ARCHIVES «
The Pop Culture Information Society...
Messageboard Archive Index, In The 00s - The Pop Culture Information Society

Welcome to the archived messages from In The 00s. This archive stretches back to 1998 in some instances, and contains a nearly complete record of all the messages posted to inthe00s.com. You will also find an archive of the messages from inthe70s.com, inthe80s.com, inthe90s.com and amiright.com before they were combined to form the inthe00s.com messageboard.

If you are looking for the active messages, please click here. Otherwise, use the links below or on the right hand side of the page to navigate the archives.

Custom Search

Subject: Glenn Beck for President?

Written By: JamieMcBain on 09/13/09 at 11:04 am

So, should Glenn Becl be President?  There are alot of people online, who think so.

Subject: Re: Glenn Beck for President?

Written By: Tia on 09/13/09 at 11:08 am

sure, why not. let's get it over with.

Written By: JamieMcBain on 09/13/09 at 11:10 am

He dosn't have my vote, but he might try to get in anyway.

Written By: Don Carlos on 09/13/09 at 11:11 am

I would love to see the Repugs nominate Beck, or Limbaugh, or Hannity etc.  What a hoot.

Written By: JamieMcBain on 09/13/09 at 11:12 am

I would love to see the Repugs nominate Beck, or Limbaugh, or Hannity etc.  What a hoot.

Then the lunatics, will truly be running the asylum.

::)

Written By: MrCleveland on 09/13/09 at 11:15 am

Nope.

Written By: Don Carlos on 09/13/09 at 11:16 am

Then the lunatics, will truly be running the asylum.

You miss my point.  Any one of these guys, or any combination, would make the last landslide look like a close race.

Written By: JamieMcBain on 09/13/09 at 11:25 am

You miss my point.  Any one of these guys, or any combination, would make the last landslide look like a close race.

True, but in either way, I am scared.

Never have I been more happier to be Canadian.

Written By: Macphisto on 09/13/09 at 8:08 pm

I don't want him as President, but I'd love to have him as the GOP candidate.  It would be an automatic win for Obama.

Written By: MaxwellSmart on 09/15/09 at 2:30 pm

I don't want him as President, but I'd love to have him as the GOP candidate.  It would be an automatic win for Obama.

Agreed.  Glenn Beck cries in public.  Americans still believe a man ain't supposed to cry.  Anyway, Sen. Ed Muskie (D-Maine) was a presidential hopeful in 1972 when somebody called his wife a drunk.  His voice cracked and there was a tear in his eye (which he later claimed was melted snowflakes) when he gave his media response, and that was the end of Ed's campaign. 

Beck has suffered personal tragedy in his life, including battles with his alcholism and the suicide of his mother.  I think he has some post-trauma and emotional volatility.  I can dig that.  However, it doesn't give him an excuse to be an asshat.

Written By: JamieMcBain on 09/15/09 at 3:09 pm

Beck gets an Oscar award for this alone....

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JuV1XG517cc

Written By: Ryan112390 on 09/15/09 at 5:05 pm

Agreed.  Glenn Beck cries in public.  Americans still believe a man ain't supposed to cry.  Anyway, Sen. Ed Muskie (D-Maine) was a presidential hopeful in 1972 when somebody called his wife a drunk.  His voice cracked and there was a tear in his eye (which he later claimed was melted snowflakes) when he gave his media response, and that was the end of Ed's campaign. 

Beck has suffered personal tragedy in his life, including battles with his alcholism and the suicide of his mother.  I think he has some post-trauma and emotional volatility.  I can dig that.  However, it doesn't give him an excuse to be an asshat.

Bush I cried in public. So did Bush II, while president, and Nixon (during his final remarks to the White House, while mentioning his mother)
I'm sure there are others. I know Clinton wept in private.

Written By: ChuckyG on 09/15/09 at 9:01 pm

So, should Glenn Becl be President?  There are alot of people online, who think so.

there are a lot of people online who:

Don't believe in evolution
Think the moon landing was faked
Think 9/11 was an inside job
Think Obama is a secret muslim

I'm just saying... you're setting the bar awfully low there for an opening argument of people who support a position...

Written By: MaxwellSmart on 09/15/09 at 9:05 pm

Bush I cried in public.

Iffen George W. Bush was your boy, you'd cry too!

http://www.inthe00s.com/smile/03/cry(1).gif

Written By: Reynolds1863 on 09/16/09 at 8:37 pm

You wanna see the Republican party go out worse than the Whigs ever could get Beck into the White House.

Written By: JamieMcBain on 09/16/09 at 8:45 pm

You wanna see the Republican party go out worse than the Whigs ever could get Beck into the White House.

But they really want him for President!

Written By: Reynolds1863 on 09/16/09 at 8:56 pm

But they really want him for President!

Which will lead to the whole party going down the tubes.  Trust me on this one.  They've become a fringe party.  Beck would be the final blow.

Written By: CatwomanofV on 09/17/09 at 11:25 am

Which will lead to the whole party going down the tubes.  Trust me on this one.  They've become a fringe party.  Beck would be the final blow.

They are already going down the tubes. Look who their so-called leaders are-Beck & Limbaugh. Moderates are being pushed out and jumping off (well, they have been for while-starting with Jim Jeffords in 2001.) There really is no one left in the party except the loonies on the fringe.

Cat

Written By: MaxwellSmart on 09/17/09 at 11:32 am

I hope the tubes go down the party!

Written By: Foo Bar on 09/17/09 at 9:18 pm

I hope the tubes go down the party!

Hey, leave Ted Stevens out of it!

Written By: JamieMcBain on 09/18/09 at 9:17 am

Trust me, the reason why they so desperate, it's that the Republic Party, is sinking like the Titanic, fast.

Written By: Reynolds1863 on 09/19/09 at 2:57 am

Trust me, the reason why they so desperate, it's that the Republic Party, is sinking like the Titanic, fast.

Do they really think Glenn Beck will save them???  The guy is a nutcase.  Get him in the White House and America will become more socially conservative than Poland. 

Written By: JamieMcBain on 09/19/09 at 8:43 am

Do they really think Glenn Beck will save them???  The guy is a nutcase.  Get him in the White House and America will become more socially conservative than Poland. 

But that's what "they" want. "They" being the people, who want Beck to be El Presidente.

Written By: JamieMcBain on 09/19/09 at 9:08 am

I would rather vote for Ralph Wiggum.

;D

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cSvva3ZOlNg&feature=related

Written By: Reynolds1863 on 09/19/09 at 10:02 pm

But that's what "they" want. "They" being the people, who want Beck to be El Presidente.

In that case I'm moving to Poland.

Written By: ChuckyG on 09/23/09 at 11:07 am

When you read stuff like this, I say, oh yeah, let him run

http://trueslant.com/jeffhoard/2009/09/22/glenn-becks-first-tv-commercial-1986/

I'm sure the same people who think signing a controversial petition about 9/11 would have no problem with this though 

Written By: JamieMcBain on 09/23/09 at 5:17 pm

In that case I'm moving to Poland.

Pssssssst.... Move to Canada, instead!  It's a great country!

;D

No offense, to Poland, it's a great country, from what I hear. Plus, I am half Polish, myself.

Written By: Reynolds1863 on 09/23/09 at 9:26 pm

;D

No offense, to Poland, it's a great country, from what I hear. Plus, I am half Polish, myself.

I was almost in Quebec this summer.  Too bad I didn't have my passport, that was the only thing that stopped me.

What I was trying to say is if Poland becomes less socially conservative than the U.S. we (the U.S.) really have a problem..

Written By: ChuckyG on 09/23/09 at 9:41 pm

;D

heck even Bush was telling us not to forget Poland as far back as 2004

Written By: MaxwellSmart on 09/23/09 at 11:16 pm

Hey, leave Ted Stevens out of it!

How 'bout Mark Foley?
:P

Written By: Foo Bar on 09/25/09 at 11:46 pm

How 'bout Mark Foley?
:P

In Soviet America, Tubes go down Party!

(What a country...)

Check for new replies or respond here...