» OLD MESSAGE ARCHIVES «
The Pop Culture Information Society...
Messageboard Archive Index, In The 00s - The Pop Culture Information Society

Welcome to the archived messages from In The 00s. This archive stretches back to 1998 in some instances, and contains a nearly complete record of all the messages posted to inthe00s.com. You will also find an archive of the messages from inthe70s.com, inthe80s.com, inthe90s.com and amiright.com before they were combined to form the inthe00s.com messageboard.

If you are looking for the active messages, please click here. Otherwise, use the links below or on the right hand side of the page to navigate the archives.

Custom Search

Subject: Least effective President ever?

Written By: JamieMcBain on 09/13/09 at 4:42 pm

That are probally people out there, who clame that Obama is one of the least effective Presidents, ever.

But the question, that I would to ask, my American Penguins is.

Who is/was the least effective President ever?

???

Subject: Re: Least effective President ever?

Written By: Macphisto on 09/13/09 at 7:22 pm

James Buchanan.  He let the Civil War happen because of his inability to do anything effective to stop it.

Written By: danootaandme on 09/14/09 at 9:06 am

People who consider Obama as ineffective when he is only 9 months into his first term, and dealing with the worst financial crisis of the past 2 generations, do not have an iota of a grasp on history, and are just down right stupid.

Written By: philbo on 09/14/09 at 9:50 am

People who consider Obama as ineffective when he is only 9 months into his first term, and dealing with the worst financial crisis of the past 2 generations, do not have an iota of a grasp on history, and are just down right stupid.

You have to remember, though, that there are some people calling him Fascist and Communist in the same sentence - IMO they're just trying to come up with anything, anything to justify or rationalize their own prejudice (whether it's racial or political, I don't know; and I don't know whether the distinction matters).

This is one of the not-so-great things about the internet: it's easy to find groups of like-minded people, so you'll find Obama-haters out there congregating on-line and believing all sorts of bull because everyone else around believes it, too.  Yes, we can see it's short-sighted, bigoted, in some cases racist, blinkered stupidity, but we're on the outside looking in.

Written By: Mushroom on 09/14/09 at 10:51 am

I would have to say that it was David Rice Atchison.

Of course, many have stated that the first 16 Presidents were all pretty useless, with the exception of the 4th and 13th.  He is the only one that most people have even heard of.

Written By: JamieMcBain on 09/14/09 at 11:16 am

I would have to say that it was David Rice Atchison.

Of course, many have stated that the first 16 Presidents were all pretty useless, with the exception of the 4th and 13th.  He is the only one that most people have even heard of.

Unless you were Glenn Beck, then you would say that they are better than Obama.

::)

Written By: LyricBoy on 09/14/09 at 11:24 am

In my lifetime I have to say Jimmy Carter.  A very nice and honorable man, but in terms of leading the country he could not find his arse with both hands.  His lackadaisacal (sp?) style was the perfect setup for Ronald Reagan to follow up.

Gerald Ford prolly comes in a close #2 during my lifetime.  I wonder where I put my W.I.N. (Whip Inflation Now) button?  ;D

Obama?  Way too soon to tell, he's only been in office for 8 months.  He does have much more of a decisive presence than Carter, so I doubt that history will put him in the same chapter as ol' Jimmy.

If you use my definition of a leader that says "Leaders have followers" then again it is either Carter or Ford that are in the basement.

Written By: JamieMcBain on 09/14/09 at 11:41 am

I would have to agree you on Carter and Ford.

Written By: Mushroom on 09/14/09 at 11:47 am

Unless you were Glenn Beck, then you would say that they are better than Obama.

::)

That would be hard to say.  especially considering that Mr. Atchison was the "One Day President".  And he pretty much slept through his term.

And for the most of the first 16, they are all unknowns.  Today they are all forgotten.

Written By: JamieMcBain on 09/14/09 at 11:53 am

That would be hard to say.  especially considering that Mr. Atchison was the "One Day President".  And he pretty much slept through his term.

And for the most of the first 16, they are all unknowns.  Today they are all forgotten.

One Day?

Now that is uneffective!!!

;D

Written By: MrCleveland on 09/14/09 at 1:39 pm

William Harry Harrison!

That guy was only in there for a month!

Written By: danootaandme on 09/14/09 at 3:35 pm

You have to remember, though, that there are some people calling him Fascist and Communist in the same sentence - IMO they're just trying to come up with anything, anything to justify or rationalize their own prejudice (whether it's racial or political, I don't know; and I don't know whether the distinction matters).

Which makes them stupid

Written By: danootaandme on 09/14/09 at 3:37 pm

Franklin Pierce

Written By: philbo on 09/14/09 at 3:44 pm

Which makes them stupid

Oh, yes.. ridiculously so http://www.olsenportfolio.com/v2/temp/anim_face_wall.gif

Written By: MaxwellSmart on 09/14/09 at 11:41 pm

Ronald Wilson Reagan.

May he burn in hell 4eva and eva!
http://www.inthe00s.com/smile/06/lsvader.gif http://www.inthe00s.com/smile/06/lsvader.gif

Check for new replies or respond here...